Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at this Bandai Japan page explaining "what's Tamagotchi": https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/about/

Notice that at the center is the Tamagotchi toy, but all around it are many tie-in products: toys, the anime series, arcade games, console games (for Nintendo DS), snack foods, clothes, books, stationery, books, etc.

I imagine Bandai America has finally figured out that the toy by itself, as an orphan product won't work. They've got to build product awareness, using a wide range of Tamagotchi character products, to keep it in the consumer's mindspace. They may not have a Tamagotchi toy planned for immediate release, but if this campaign is successful, I imagine a new Tamagotchi toy will be coming.

Have a look at this Bandai Japan page explaining "what's Tamagotchi": https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/about/

Notice that at the center is the Tamagotchi toy, but all around it are many tie-in products: toys, the anime series, arcade games, console games (for Nintendo DS), snack foods, clothes, books, stationery, books, etc.

I imagine Bandai America has finally figured out that the toy by itself, as an orphan product won't work. They've got to build product awareness, using a wide range of Tamagotchi character products, to keep it in the consumer's mindspace. They may not have a Tamagotchi toy planned for immediate release, but if this campaign is successful, I imagine a new Tamagotchi toy will be coming.
i see your logic :D

I really don't know what to make of this all yet, and I really can't decide entire it's a good or bad option to take- Either people won't buy the merchandise or it'll back up the actual Tamagotchi items, possibly raising sales.

Either way, we can't be sure for a few weeks. We'll just have to see what they actually mean when they reveal the product line. I'm quite interested in the Mobile App idea- hopefully this will be a second platform for tamatown.

>_

I'm glad they are comming out with items again. They did come out with the plush a while ago. I'm really hoping they keep the "items" out and keep them around. I know if my neice reconized a tama character... She would have to have the item of that character. She met my IDL (Mametchi game) a few times... She finds out I have a Dvd, I would no longer have my Dvd. (Music Star/ First Movie) That is very true for Angry Birds.... A game, an Item, a collection begins.

I read somewhere... somewhere... that they were going to make another annoucement about the Tama Life Line... Sometime in late June or July. Until then, I'm sure its going to be like what Bandai Japan does.... (Troll) Maybe telling us what might or is comming out... Meanwhile, waiting to a later time to give the offical news we really want. (The tamagotchi we hope) Maybe Twisting what is being said because it brings us in closer to find out what we really want to know.

The Troll thing... It comes up while we watch the new Precure/Pretty Cure shows. (Bandai Japan has their foot in the toys... Not showing them until the episode has premiered, Not spoiling the new character items, let alone the characters.... Shadowing things, Being quiet, NOT promoting until its close or very close to premier....sending out "wrong shadows" etc.) Hence, Bandai America should be able to do just as good as Bandai Japan....

Yup, they have Tamagotchi clothes, cups, erasers, cupcake holders, and even toothbrushes in Japan! Lol, it would be weird but funny if they bring it here.

Why do you think it would be weird but funny?
America just never has these things! In Japan, a 60 year old man could wear a Memetchi shirt without any weird looks, but in America everyone would stare at him like he's a freak......Japan is weird but awesome ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
America just never has these things! In Japan, a 60 year old man could wear a Memetchi shirt without any weird looks, but in America everyone would stare at her like she's a freak......Japan is weird but awesome ;D
Sad, but true. Cute and eccentric things are considered lively and acceptable by all in Japan. In America, people tend to freak out if you aren't acting "adult" enough in a freakin Wal Mart at 2 AM. >.>

I agree with everyone who says the should be a new Tamagotchi version in the new line..... releasing a ton of tama-themed stuff at the same time as the new tama will maybe attract attention to the tama and more people will buy it! Although I do want a tama t-shirt.... I hope they come in adult sizes, not just kids! Because that would stink. Well, only a few more days until we find out!

I'm so confused about this Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. stuff, snooooof. What is Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. again?

Pango, if you refer back to the first page of this topic you'll have your questions answered. :)

Like binary mentioned earlier, BanDai America has probably come to realize that the Tamagotchi toy itself is not a profitable product on its own. So perhaps by introducing lifestyle products (very much like Hello Kitty - and look how widespread the success of that brand is), perhaps Tamagotchi can be popular again.

I still highly doubt that BanDai would release Tamagotchi products without the actual toy itself. Introducing other merchandise is a smart move, it builds awareness and creates an eco-system within the brand so that it can sustain the MAIN product, which is the Tamagotchi itself. I don't know about you, but I would love to get my hands on some new plushes, cases, t-shirts...maybe even an iPhone case! Who knows right? I don't think we need to be worried, in fact we should celebrate that BanDai has not forgotten its fans and why we love Tamagotchi so much.

I, for one, am very excited about this release! Maybe this is the resurgence of the Tamagotchi brand we've all been waiting for!

I had a dream they announced a new color tamagotchi for the US to go along with their L.I.F.E product line, and everyone on this forum thread was lighting up with excitement and going crazy.

I hate when I have dreams like that... cuz now I'm awake, and it was all a lie.... T_T

I hope my dream comes true.

Todays the big day! Time to find out what this is! (strangley, when looking at the map of the Licencing Expo, theres nothing related to Tamagotchi in the directory)

The Tamagotchi booth is 7121, under the catagories Character/Animation and Digital Media/Gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back