Tamagotchi M!X - New Bandai Trademark

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Sanrio fan and as long as Pom Pom Purin and Cinnamoroll are there I'm going to buy one, it's just a bit disappointing that there are no Keroppi, Badtz Maru, Pochacco and Usahana, the first three used to be paired up with Hello Kitty and Usahana is one of my personal favorite, I guess they're not as popular as Gudetama, and honestly I'm not into Gudetama, he's more a humoristic character than a cute one so I think he doesn't fit the Sanrio universe, but I grew up with the Hello Kitty anime shows and the 3D show so not seeing them is kinda disappointing, especially Usahana...but I'm still going to buy it, I think Bandai wants to make this version because of how big Sanrio characters are in Japan and how much they sell, and since Tamagotchi decreased in popularity I think they made this version just to sell more units and attract more people into Tamagotchi again, I dunno, how about making some anniversary merchandise for adults like they did with Sailor Moon and Digimon?

I'm a Sanrio fan and as long as Pom Pom Purin and Cinnamoroll are there I'm going to buy one, it's just a bit disappointing that there are no Keroppi, Badtz Maru, Pochacco and Usahana, the first three used to be paired up with Hello Kitty and Usahana is one of my personal favorite, I guess they're not as popular as Gudetama, and honestly I'm not into Gudetama, he's more a humoristic character than a cute one so I think he doesn't fit the Sanrio universe, but I grew up with the Hello Kitty anime shows and the 3D show so not seeing them is kinda disappointing, especially Usahana...but I'm still going to buy it, I think Bandai wants to make this version because of how big Sanrio characters are in Japan and how much they sell, and since Tamagotchi decreased in popularity I think they made this version just to sell more units and attract more people into Tamagotchi again, I dunno, how about making some anniversary merchandise for adults like they did with Sailor Moon and Digimon?
I'm not as much as a Sanrio fan as I used to be (though I do still follow Sanrio characters FB pages like Keroppi and Pom Pom Purin), and I find it disappointing that there's no Keroppi, too. But I'm happy that there's Hello Kitty in it! And the tama's really cute. :wub:

Anniversary merchandise? I'm seeing as collectable figures or keychains would do the trick. And I've been seeing a lot of collectable anime figurines from animes like Hana no ko Lunlun, so yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it's not the biggest showing of Sanrio characters. And Gudetama might be really popular, but I'm personally not a fan. Cinnamoroll, however, is one of my all-time favorite characters. Such a cutie. :3

I'll be studying abroad in Japan this Spring, and I wanted to pick up an Anniversary M!X. But maybe now I'll get this Sanrio one instead? Even though it doesn't have all my favorite characters, I'm still digging the aesthetic. Maybe I'll break down and get both? I have to say, it was easier on my finances when they were adding new characters through deco pierces on the P's. :wacko:

I literally just bought my Anniversary M!X yesterday! Now they come out with this? Well. Guess my tamagotchi collection will start with two new mix tama's lol.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I still haven't gotten around to getting the original m!x... No time to run tamas in college.
The Sanrio ver. looks super adorable, but no Keroppi??? so sad ;_; (Gudetama is amazing though.)

I think they passed on Keroppi because his eyes bulge out too much to work with the M!X mechanics, but Badtz Maru, Kuromi and Usahana would've totally worked out fine ;( Maybe it would've cost Bandai more to patent more characters so they only kept the most popular 7 characters rip

tumblr_inline_okv46i1y8k1toxdax_500.png

Bandai Japan has partnered up with Saniro, the Japanese company that best-known for creating Hello Kitty, to deliver a whole new Tamagotchi M!X! This new ‘Saniro Tamagotchi M!X version’ features your favorite Saniro characters; Hello Kitty, Pom Pom Purin, My Melody, Cinnamoroll, Gutetama, Kiki and Lala (Little Twin Stars). Your Tamagotchi can marry any of these characters for an awesome mix!

tumblr_inline_okv47eY1m41toxdax_500.png

Saniro characters are also featured in the mini games and the new restaurant, so you’ll be able to enjoy new games and visit your Saniro friends! There will be two new games, one is a card matching game were you will match Saniro characters; this game is very similar to the one found on the TMGC+C. The other game is similar to one on the V3, you will catch the current Saniro characters as they fall down!

There will be a total of 8 destinations, the hometown of Mary Land, Star World, and Puroland. It is currently unknown if these destinations will replace existing destinations or if they will be in addition to them. The new destinations are beautiful and feature all your favorite Saniro artwork!

tumblr_inline_okv46tmArs1toxdax_1280.png

More information is expected to to be released closer to the release date of April 15! Pricing should be similar to the pricing of the Tamagotchi M!X, and 20th anniversary Tamagotchi M!X!

I know everyone's clamoring over the new Sanrio version, but I thought I would just share my sighting last night. I was in MOA (Mall of Asia, one of the biggest malls in the world) here in the Philippines and went to Toy Kingdom. I was searching for a gift and then I found this:

I was in awe. I never thought I'd see them in stores again! It was priced at Php 3999, around 9000 Yen or $80. Unfortunately, my love for Tamagotchis has died down over the years for me to buy one, but it was still amazing to see them here. People were pointing at it and some seemed interested though I didn't stay long enough to see if anyone bought it. I was also in a hurry so I didn't take much pictures, and those I took were of bad quality too.

Anyway, let the Sanrio version hype train continue!

The Saniro Tamagotchi M!X version looks so cute! i think i might need it lol cant wait for its release :D

I caved and ordered the Sanrio M!X.

I'll consider it a birthday gift to myself :')

That Sanrio M!X looks fascinating. I'll look into getting one of those too, since I enjoy the Tama M!X so much. Does in come in only one shell color?

I still haven't played with my Anniversary M!X and I am already planning my purchase of a Sanrio M!X ^_^

Take my money, all of it! *giggle*

Do you guys think if I wait a little to order the sanrio one I would still be able to get it?

Usually I like to wait for an international item to age a bit so I don't come across scalpers who overprice them ridiculously but I'm scared that these might become rare if I wait.

Should I get it now and scrape up what money I have and make sure I have it or wait a bit for ordering to be easier and to save up money for convenience?

Do you guys think if I wait a little to order the sanrio one I would still be able to get it?

Usually I like to wait for an international item to age a bit so I don't come across scalpers who overprice them ridiculously but I'm scared that these might become rare if I wait.

Should I get it now and scrape up what money I have and make sure I have it or wait a bit for ordering to be easier and to save up money for convenience?
I would say purchase one now or within the first couple of months.

This seems like one of the Tamagotchi that will be sought after and be in high demand as time goes on.

Although, it's unpredictable predicting the popularity of certain gadgets that release several editions so it's a risk you'll have to think carefully about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back