Tamagotchi Target Audience

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of you have great points! I think if everyone here sent a message to Bandai, we COULD make them listen.

Rosiecat, you had an awesome point! It's not a casual thing to use anymore, you have to do all of this other crazy stuff to it. I wish they would re-release the older versions or make some simple shells. The very first Tamagotchi Connections were great, because they stuck closely to the originals: Unisex desings, simply gameplay, ect. But now you can get a job, go shopping connect to the computer... It's insane!

Rosiecat, you had an awesome point! It's not a casual thing to use anymore, you have to do all of this other crazy stuff to it. I wish they would re-release the older versions or make some simple shells. The very first Tamagotchi Connections were great, because they stuck closely to the originals: Unisex desings, simply gameplay, ect. But now you can get a job, go shopping connect to the computer... It's insane!
Now I have a V3. The exact features you explained is the reason why I defiantely don't want to get a V4 and V4.5. I didn't buy a tama for the express thing of playing Sims with it! (sorry asher had to go-LOL) I bought it to take care of it to see what character I get. I could care less about school, or homework or even having a job. That's just dumb. It goes away from the original idea that they came to US looking for care. LOL.

I don't need a Sim.

*mumbles while leaving the room* getoffamahlawn!

That's exactly what I've tried telling Bandai, but I guess whatever gets them the most money wins... They need to go back to there roots with the whole virtual pet thing. I don;t need a virtual child. Sheesh.

By the way: The page I had mentioned inthe first post is the Tamagotchi Summer Gigs page... Just look at the photo booth and tell me what you think. It;s so sad how Bandai can take something you love and destroy it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care who they market Tamagotchis for. I love them and I always will love them and I think the website is adorable.

HOWEVER, to those teenage boys that like Tamagotchis, I totally see your point. They should put a few older boys in the commercial because that will encourage more people to buy them and not be ashamed.

Whoo. I gotta get this off my chest... *Deep Breath* Here Goes!
Okay, so I just recieved 3 P1 Tamagotchis in the mail to add to my collection. My collection is fairly small, so I wanted to grow it some. When I took them out of the package they were so... so... great!

Back then, Tamaotchis were unisex. They were for everyone, not just 10-year-old girls. I still love the new ones, I just wish they weren't so girly and childish now.

I'm so tired of sneaking onto the Tamagotchi aisle at the store. What if someone I know sees me! Do you know how humiliating that would be?!?!? All my friends and family are constantly saying how I need to grow up. That's what Bandai has done! They have taken something as great as a Tamagotchi and mutilated it beyon repair. Just look at the website. Flowers, happy faces and eyes... Yes, I said eyes. Everything has eyes.

I just wish that Bandai would make Tamagotchis cool again. In the 90s they were for EVERYBODY!!!

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I just need to get that off my chest! 

;)   :D

P.S. Go to this page and tell me what you think. I have 3 words. Oh. My. Gosh. : (
I'm just a little mad. My parents are mad at ME. Because I want to play with them! My mom doesn't like how they keep making more. I'd like it if I could get them.

mametchi ;)

p.s. They're mad because they want me to have good grades. I already get 89%-100%'s most of the time!

I don't really care who they market Tamagotchis for. I love them and I always will love them and I think the website is adorable.
HOWEVER, to those teenage boys that like Tamagotchis, I totally see your point. They should put a few older boys in the commercial because that will encourage more people to buy them and not be ashamed.
I still Love Tamagotchis, no matter what, I just wish that they would make them for a wider range of people. It seems kinds childish to my friends and family that I still play with things meant for a 10-year old. And yes, I know that Aki Maita (Sorry if I misspelled her name!) had originally made them for adults to take to work, but Bandais taken a completly different approach now.

I'm sorry I f I offended anyone, as that was not my intention... Sorry!

I'm sorry I f I offended anyone, as that was not my intention... Sorry!
I don't think you offended anyone, you were just voicing your feelings; and I totally agree with you.

Well, maybe BanDai will read this topic and think it through, maybe change their marketing, you know?

At least I learned one thing through this topic: I'm not the only guy who likes 'em! :p

-DDDTrooper

Thanks.... I'm just a little stressed out right now! *Runs off to build stuff with legos*

It's true. The flame v4.5 is cool, I bought it but Tamagotchi don't have to be for little girls (lets just face it, they are more popular among little girls, but that isn't the point) I get made fun of at school for playing with a "dumb virtual pet for little girls" so I do not bring it any more. In 96, nobody got made fun of for having them, because pretty much everyon had one! But Bandai has made the commercials, designs, and websites, too girly and childish, giving everybody th imprssion that tey are only for girls. I encourage Bandai to mke them more like they used to.

Dont worry if anybody sees you! :p And, dont be mad, its just, maybe BanDai thinks that 10 year old boys will be interested in something else, and if the boys buy it, they'll smash them or something, no offense. :unsure: And older boys, 2 words. Video. Games. :unsure:
But they've done everything they can for us to enjoy! We should be happy with our tamas! :huh:
i hav 8 tamas and i am a 11 year old boy! i luv them! i hav the ds games 2!

Whoo. I gotta get this off my chest... *Deep Breath* Here Goes!
Okay, so I just recieved 3 P1 Tamagotchis in the mail to add to my collection. My collection is fairly small, so I wanted to grow it some. When I took them out of the package they were so... so... great!

Back then, Tamaotchis were unisex. They were for everyone, not just 10-year-old girls. I still love the new ones, I just wish they weren't so girly and childish now.

I'm so tired of sneaking onto the Tamagotchi aisle at the store. What if someone I know sees me! Do you know how humiliating that would be?!?!? All my friends and family are constantly saying how I need to grow up. That's what Bandai has done! They have taken something as great as a Tamagotchi and mutilated it beyon repair. Just look at the website. Flowers, happy faces and eyes... Yes, I said eyes. Everything has eyes.

I just wish that Bandai would make Tamagotchis cool again. In the 90s they were for EVERYBODY!!!

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I just need to get that off my chest!

:( :(

P.S. Go to this page and tell me what you think. I have 3 words. Oh. My. Gosh. : (
[SIZE=8pt]I love my tamas, and I don't care who hates them or laughs at me. The only problem is that I have to sneak in the aisle because they put tamas in the dora and barbie aisle :( they used to be in the atari things aisle![/SIZE]

In Australia, the older v4 designs aren't too girly. There's a blue with diamonds, that I have, a green Mametchi design, a white with circles design... Now they seem to be getting more pink with flowers. Honestly! When v4s first came out I knew more boys than girls who had them.

I don't get what's with the games. Tamagotchi isn't a game machine! Tamagotchi is a virtual pet! Making longer games just makes it harder to care for a Tamagotchi, and harder for adults who probably have less time on their hands!

Making longer games just makes it harder to care for a Tamagotchi, and harder for adults who probably have less time on their hands!
Thank You! I love that in the V1 you could beat four hurtles and fill one heart. Now I have to go through the whole game to get some hearts filled. Look Bandai, I get two fifthteen Minute Breaks and an hour lunch a day at work. I don't want to spend all my time trying to finish the game to the end. I love your product but fix it back to the V1 days! My V4 is overweight for that reason, I don't have the time to play long drawn out games with it.

Sometimes I get looks like I'm some werido because I'm 21 and wear a Tamagotchi on a Tamagotchi Lanyard with little tama charms on it. I love Tamagotchi, I really do but I'm not to happy with how its being veiwed as a kids play thing. When did that happen? How is wanting to care for something a sign of a childrens toy. Tamagotchi for me are great company when I feel alone and left out. They are like little stress relievers with colorful shells that brighten my day. I think the reason I like them so much is because its something for me to take care of. In High school I used the Baby Think it Over Baby in Parenting for a project. I was one of the very few who didn't want to give the doll back. It was like a Virtual pet/baby to me.

Yes, nowadays, people think Tamagotchi are just for 10 year old girls. I'm a boy, I really like Tamagotchi, but I get made fun of when I show them around. I blame BanDai for focusing the market around girls. I also get a little angry/disgruntled whenever I hear about the EnTamas, Uras, and Sukus. The rest of the world never gets that stuff unless they sneak off to eBay. (Thank gosh for it.) Oh, and another thing: The US doesn't get the Connexion, or BandaiAsia designs! Bleh! :)

I am a tama fan and i have been since i was 8 and my friends joke around with me for havin tamas but i dont care im just going to do what i like it doesnt even matter that other ppl say just do what u want to do and bandi should make a little more mature advertisments and websites for the older ppl who have tamas! :unsure:

I totally agree! I always hope no one finds me in the BarbieGirl aisle because thats where the tamas are! Mental! (im a girl BTW)
I totally agree! I always hope no one finds me in the BarbieGirl aisle because thats where the tamas are! Mental! (im a girl BTW)

Well, I'm a boy, and that causes a LOT more problems with me. I have recieved more then one stare for being in the Barbie dolls aisle! :wacko: They really should fix the website too... :unsure: :wacko:

I can agree with that. When they first came out, I wasn't really into them (they eventually grew on me). But, I remember a lot of my male friends that had them, one that road my bus at the time even. Now I don't hear of many (if any) boys that still like them.

But, it makes it easier for me to get the originals... One boy I know is going to give me his old Tamas as he doesn't collect anymore. :unsure:

Im in complete agreement with this. I mean, back in 1997, the Tamagotchi was meant for the people who wanted a pet, but either didnt have one or just realy enjoyed this type of thing. They came in all sorts of colors, too many to list. And everyone had one. Now with the new ones, all the colors are really tacky designs with (mostly) colors geared towards girls. I mean EVERY 4.5 except for the Black and flames one is meant for a girl. What happened to the solid colors? and what ever happened to the see through ones, those were the best. It would be nice if they geared them more towards and older audience and realized that boys do use the as well. Another thing that bothers me, the 1997 tamas came in boxes. When you took the tama out of the box, it stayed completely intact, so you could put it back in and it was a prime collectors item. Now, they are on plastic cards you have to mutilate to get into, totally killing the whole collectors aspect of the packaging. This just further proves the new tamas are geared towards the younger audicence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back