**TamaTown PROBLEMS - DISCUSSION** (Now closed)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamagal and I were discussing this yesterday and reached a verdict (or at least hypothesis):

All the American TamaTowns are down.

That means the American server has been experiencing problems for quite some time. (Remember, the V3 and V4 Tamatowns haven't been working in America for a while.)

The two newest European TamaTowns are down, but the two older ones are not.

You experience the same error with the American V5 TamaTown as with the European one.

The same goes for the V6/Tama-Go TamaTown.

Therefore, the two newest TamaTowns are basically run by one worldwide server, which is in America (California to be exact) and evidently experiencing problems. This server also runs the two older American TamaTowns as well.

However, the two older TamaTowns are run by regional servers. The European V3 and V4 TamaTowns still work, but the American ones don't.

This is a very confusing concept, but if well-described it makes sense. ;)

If I stated this in a completely confusing way, please ask me to expound. :p

To be the pessimist... I'm like 99% sure this is the end of TamaTown... Just saying.

I'm really hoping to be proven wrong, but, you guys.. It's been down for almost ten months. This may just be one of those "patience sometimes only prolongs the inevitable" lessons we'll have to learn.

Tamagal and I were discussing this yesterday and reached a verdict (or at least hypothesis):

All the American TamaTowns are down.

That means the American server has been experiencing problems for quite some time. (Remember, the V3 and V4 Tamatowns haven't been working in America for a while.)

The two newest European TamaTowns are down, but the two older ones are not.

You experience the same error with the American V5 TamaTown as with the European one.

The same goes for the V6/Tama-Go TamaTown.

Therefore, the two newest TamaTowns are basically run by one worldwide server, which is in America (California to be exact) and evidently experiencing problems. This server also runs the two older American TamaTowns as well.

However, the two older TamaTowns are run by regional servers. The European V3 and V4 TamaTowns still work, but the American ones don't.

This is a very confusing concept, but if well-described it makes sense. ;)

If I stated this in a completely confusing way, please ask me to expound. :p
Perfect sense to me. Your saying that the v3 and v4 tamatowns are regional server-based and the new ones, v5 and v6, are worldwide-based servers.

https://www.bandai.co...otchi/thankyou/

OMG OMG OMG LOOK AT THIS

I THINK ITS BAD

WHAT DOES IT MEAN (i dont know cos im still young lol)

:eek:IS THIS THE END OF TAMAS?!?!?
(In response to that picture:) We don't want "new" news! I'm pretty sure what we want is TamaTown. Not fashion or apps or the kind of thing L.I.F.E. promises. Companies don't get that "fans" doesn't mean objects used for making money. It means loyal people who enjoy using their products and will be sad if they get taken away. BanDai, we just want to know what you're releasing so we can decide whether to give up now or carry on trying to be optimistic.

I think Bandai posted that since they probably were tired of all those complain mails.

So here they give there answer to everybody loud and clear. TamaTown is gone.

It's a sad thing, but if they say something NEW is coming I doubt it'll be that hard to implement compatibility with older tamagotchis. ;)

Wow. My heart totally dropped. I had hope that tama town would be reopened but unfortunately it does cost money. I spent alot of down time on tama town as a kid.... and it's hard to believe that it's gone. :( Hard to believe BanDai gave up (come on. thats what they did) but what happens happens and all we can do is keep our hopes up and enjoy what Ban Dai has given us and buy Japan toys off ebay.

You will be missed Tama town!!!!

R.I.P. February 6th 2012 you will forever be in our hearts.

R.I.P Tama Town. We will never forget it.

-R.I.P Tama Town On 2/6/13 (Febuary 6th, 2013)

R.I.P TamaTown.

I feel sad for my Tama Go which never ever had access to it. Oh well.

Wait! I Shouldn't despair!!!!!

https://www.bandai.co...otchi/thankyou/ said that they (and we too) should look forward to upcoming news on tamatown!

This could mean that they are going to release some sort of new tamagotchi thing in the upcoming year!

I mean, they wouldn't say that for nothing, right?

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed this too, new.tamatown.com actually has an english button which redirects to the thank you note. My theory was wrong :p That tamatown with the boat ride game which I thought was a stand in for repairs, was actually tamatown itself! It has been really messed up in the past months :(

I was going to post pics, but the site itself is self-explanatory

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sad. I bought a tamago because of the recent cell phone app making me realize how much I missed these things, only to find out it's gone. :(

It totally cripples TamaGos and makes MusicStar really a piece of junk. You can't play HALF the game now, or get things you need. Seems best to drop back to ver. 4.5 Tamas. Ugh! Or play with a TamaWalki!
Or even better, get a v5.5! (The v5's were recalled because they were faulty)

All the TamaTowns on the Europe website work fine except for V4.5! Anyone know how to get V4.5 to work??

All the TamaTowns on the Europe website work fine except for V4.5! Anyone know how to get V4.5 to work??
Can you describe how it doesn't work?

In the English Europe site, there is no V4.5 link, just a V4 one. V4 and V4.5 use the same website, so if there are two links, just click on the V4 one instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back