The end of the world?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mayans didn't believe that the world would end. It's pretty hard to predict something you don't believe it

Even if they had intended for their calendar ending to signify the end of the world, I wouldn't be quick to believe the predictions of a group of people who couldn't predict the invasion of the Spanish.

Well, the Bible also says that only God knows when the world is going to end. That no man can predict it. So I think that since some people are expecting it to end on that day, that it won't.
Yes, exactly. That's why I doubt it will happen too.

Actually, the Mayan calendar wasn't prodicting an apocalypse. On December 21, 2012, at 1:00 colombian time, the earth will ener a still ring called the photonics belt. Three days of darkness will follow, as ALL electronics will not work. This was confirmed by NASA on December 13, 2012. So all the Mayan calendar was predicting was a mass blackout. Prepare yourselves.

Actually, the Mayan calendar wasn't prodicting an apocalypse. On December 21, 2012, at 1:00 colombian time, the earth will ener a still ring called the photonics belt. Three days of darkness will follow, as ALL electronics will not work. This was confirmed by NASA on December 13, 2012. So all the Mayan calendar was predicting was a mass blackout. Prepare yourselves.
Well, that means I'll have to miss my flight when I'm traveling for Christmas.

And you don't want to lose your school projects. Save your files guys!!

Actually, I kinda doubt anything will happen. The planets will align or whatever, but I don't think we'll lose power for 3 days. Ya never know though...

The calendar thing...the Mayan calendar is a CIRCLE. That means at the end of the circle, there is a section of enlightenment or something, and then we start the calendar over. The calendar was carved out of stone so they couldn't make it too big.

And like EMF said, parts of the world have already ended. If the world ends on Dec. 21, then it will be because humans did something stupid, like drop a bunch of atomic bombs, not because of some natural disaster.

To see more about the photonic belt, go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon_belt

See this page: https://www.2012hoax.org/

And if the world actually DOES completely end, then you may as well have fun on the last days.

Fun Fact: The Mayan calender had no leap years, therefore, the world should've ended a very long time ago. :p

I say it's a myth. Anytime that a meteor or something is heading for the Earth, NASA know about it five years before it even come into close proximity to us. Just because the creators of the Mayan calendar were to lazy to carry on writing it after 1000 years doesn't mean we're going to die. And if the sun 'dies' from my physics calculations we get 8.3 minutes before it will reach us so I think it's best not to worry :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun Fact: The Mayan calender had no leap years, therefore, the world should've ended a very long time ago. :p
I'm pretty sure that the people have calculated the date taking that into account. :p

Anyway, nobody can know if it will be the end of the world, but it doesn't mean that if the world ends by coincidence on a day that a certain predicted, that he knew it. No he did not know, he just though it would end. Nobody alive can know it unless it just happened. ;)

there was in article about it in the newspaper and the mayan calender experts said the world is NOT going to end.

This isn't that related but does anyone know about the time when they broadcasted war of the worlds on the radio and everyone thought it was real?

I`m kinda scared if the world does end. I mean in 4 days,we could be in darkness. I think it will end in billions of years,but you know the Myans were some pretty smart people. Again, only God knows when the world will end.

I think this quote is fitting here.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on." -Nick Fury, The Avengers.

No one knows when the world will end. To spend time fretting over it is a waste of energy. I personally don't think it will end on the 21st, but one day it probably will end, whether it be due to the complete depletion of resources, or the sun exploding. It's already supposed to have ended hundreds of times over, according to these 'predictions', and we are still living. And even if it does end, why should it matter? Should we not live our lives to the fullest everyday anyway?

However, I am kind of worried over certain groups of people, those crazy believers who go all out to fufill their beliefs. I saw a post that got me thinking about it awhile back, that some believers might kill themselves and others to spare them, or whatever reasons. That worries me a lot more, and seems more probable than this 'prediction' of the end of the world, at least in my eyes.

Pmh7U.jpg

A bunch of people believed this a few years ago. Now people don't notice it quite so much. Maybe it's because of that guy who was telling us all that the judgement day was on May 21, 2011, and the Rapture on October 21, 2011, after all that 2000 nonsense. Our trust has been tried way too many times.

What will presumably happen to me on 12/21/2012:

I get up at 6:24, then get on the bus, to school, have Christmas parties in most of my classes, then go sledding in one of them. Then I will come home and drink hot chocolate, not knowing or caring if the world will end.

We`ll just have to wait until tomorrow and see. My friend and I in school belive 50/50 about the world ending.

Oh please, it is not ending at all! I know this because in North America it will be the 21st. But in countries like Japan, it will already be the 22nd. So there, I debunked this madness! :D

Oh please, it is not ending at all! I know this because in North America it will be the 21st. But in countries like Japan, it will already be the 22nd. So there, I debunked this madness! :D
It's just dawned on the 21st in NZ, so it'll either be the 20th or really, really early on the 21st in Japan and North America. Just to clear that up sorry haha.

The zombie sheep have invaded. There is no hope for New Zealand. It is desolate, and there are little to no signs of life. They're coming for you. You were warned.

But in all seriousness, the world has continued to spin on, and everything is normal, as far as I know of.

If anyone here believes that the world will end tomorrow, consider donating your entire Tamagotchi collection to your fellow Tamatalkers (raises hand). You won't be needing them anymore, right? ;)

guys we're totally gonna die tomorrow oh no im so scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back