What game are you currently playing?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i play minecraft

Pengiun-keeper! be my guide! I am new to TamaTalk! Please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengiun-keeper! be my guide! I am new to TamaTalk! Please!
Hiya. :)

As I've already said to you in another thread, your best start would be to check the site's rules;

They'll give you a good grounding in the sort of behaviour that we expect here. Basically, it's just common-sense stuff that boils down to "Please make good-quality posts and don't be a jerk.", so you'll find it all very easy to get used to, as it's all very simple!

Also, there's an edit button available on your posts for 24 hours after posting them, so if you need to add something to a message before somebody else has replied, you can add it to the existing one instead of posting multiple new ones. This may be different to what you're used to from social-media or chat services that you might use elsewhere, but this is part of how forums work and it helps to keep them organised and readable for all visitors. It will also save me and the other Guides from having to keep merging what are called "double-posts" or "multi-posts". (This said, if you have some substantial, useful information to add but the edit button has already disappeared, we don't tend to mind a double-post here and there - we're quite easygoing. ;) )

If you have any more questions about how the site works and what's expected here, please feel free to send me a private message. You can do this by hovering your mouse-cursor over my name in a thread like this one and clicking the "Message" button, or by clicking my name, viewing my profile, and clicking the "Message" button found at the top there. The other Guides will be happy to help you, too, if you need them to.

Now to get this back on topic! :D

i play minecraft
Which version of Minecraft do you play? :) I play the Nintendo Switch version, myself, as I find handheld-mode to be very convenient. And I use a penguin avatar, of course! 🐧

@Save_Tamagotchis also has an amusing thread about "scary" random happenings in Minecraft here;

21 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I'm currently playing Super Kirby Clash for the Switch, which is a free-to-play title that was released a matter of hours ago;

Oh, I really enjoyed Team Kirby Clash in Planet Robobot, though I haven't played the Deluxe one yet - I will definitely have to check this out once I finish with Fire Emblem!

I've gotten the Switch version of Spyro Reignited Trilogy. :) I loved the original back in the day but never played Spyro 2 or 3, so two-thirds of this collection are entirely new to me! :lol:

Oh, I really enjoyed Team Kirby Clash in Planet Robobot, though I haven't played the Deluxe one yet - I will definitely have to check this out once I finish with Fire Emblem!
It's definitely worth grabbing; The 3DS iteration was famously generous with its free-to-play implementation, and so is this one. You can tell that the driving force was more on the side of promoting the series rather than making untold levels of profit - they've struck a really fair balance with it. I'm having a good time with it, and you can't argue with free, right? :D

Last night, I finished all of the courses in Toy Stunt Bike: Tiptop's Trials. It's a cheap indie game for the Switch, with a pretty fun physics-engine; It plays a bit like the old NES game, Excitebike, so it's easy to pick up but tricky to master. I really like the Toy Story-like aesthetic and perspective.

4ys8MG1.gif

And in what other game can you see a tiny Diddy Kong knock-off perform daring Evel Knievel-style jumps over a toilet? :lol:

A couple of days ago I finally got around to downloading Super Kirby Clash, and I've been enjoying it a lot so far!!

3UuMkYO.png

I bought the Taranza gear as soon as I could, and while I'm not the greatest in the doctor role, I have been getting better at it through practice because I Have to be the one wearing the Taranza gear

(I'm better as sword hero but shh)

Today, I've been playing...

dfDia8b.jpg

... Super Metroid, in the Nintendo Switch Online SNES games collection, and...

s88IrYD.jpg

... The Sega Mega Drive version of Disney's Aladdin, in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King (I completed The Lion King first, and finished Aladdin today), also on the Switch.

Fun fact: The then-revolutionary animation techniques used for Disney's Aladdin on the Mega Drive were what prompted Nintendo to approach Rareware in order to commission what would become Donkey Kong Country! :eek:

I spent the weekend replaying Kirby Star Allies to celebrate one year since the wave 3 update! Mainly just went through the stuff that was added in wave 3 (Heroes in Another Dimension, Ultimate Choice's Soul Melter EX difficulty - with team of wave 3 Dream Friends - and each wave 3 Dream Friend's Guest Star Allies route) but yeah!

There were updates to the Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES collections today, and a new Arcade Archives title was also released, so I've been playing these;

xj12va2.jpg

Star Fox 2

acgKvNj.jpg

Kirby Super Star

RFeK0s8.jpg

Arcade Archives: Frogger

:D

as of recent, i mostly been playing puyo pop fever on my laptop and Wadanohara and the great blue sea... i am planning to use dox box so i can play wolfienstien on it or get the files for it from the internet archive since its abandonware and that really seems to be the only thing my laptop can remotely run. it barely runs gmod and can't handle minecraft, so... old windows games and rpg maker titles are my og gamer zone time things to play.

since its abandonware
There's no such thing as "abandonware" - it's not a real legal concept, it's just something that piracy sites made up a long time ago, in order to justify distributing copyrighted files. Wolfenstein, both the original game and as a still-ongoing series, is very much still in copyright. ;)

Lots and lots of Red Dead Redemption 2. 
At the time of this post I have already clocked in 66 hours on Steam. I've only owned it since it's Steam release date.

Anyway, getting back into Kingdom Hearts is fun, and Crusader Kings 2 has me paranoid about my in-game vassals jumping at the chance to defy their ruler (AESOP: Remember, kids, don't throw your vassals in prison, even if there's an alert saying "Righteous Imprisonment" at the top of the screen.)

Not to talk back to a guide,
That's not what you're doing at all - don't worry about that! :) Quality discussion is good, and I welcome polite and constructive corrections if I've made an error about something.

but abandonware refers to extremely old software that is considered "abandoned" by modern tech - for example, if I took a copy of classic Mac OS to install on a vintage machine, or even to emulate, it's effectively justified as its successor, Mac OS X, has not only switched architecture (10.4 was the last version compatible with PowerPC systems, including my Power Mac G3 B&W), but also has 18 versions (counting Rhapsody, an early prototype that was more similar to OS 9, and the public beta version).

I'm not justifying piracy - I generally only do it if I own it and can't actually use it (i.e. lost the game somewhere and actively looking for it or lack the system to run it), if I really can't afford to pay for it (living off allowance at 17 is horrible, I know), or if I can personally classify it as abandonware or open source (an OS that won't run on modern hardware owing to architecture, or a MAME ROM that is listed on the site as open source - there are a few on there), and understand the effects it has on the industry as a whole (money is lost by the company when you pirate things.)
The definition of "abandonware" is way older than you are, amazingly enough - I was around your age when I first saw it popping up about 20 years ago, and I'm pretty sure that it was several years old even by then! :lol: It was originally a fake "legal" term that was used to mean "software that has been abandoned by its rights-holders, just because we say that they abandoned it, because you can't buy it in a store anymore", which was made up by people who knew nothing about copyright law. :p It's interesting to hear that people out there are still coming up with new definitions for it decades since the original versions were debunked, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still an entirely fictional term that has zero legal meaning or weight. ;)

There is a real term for software (and anything else) that technology has left behind, however, and that is: Defunct. That in turn brings us to the interesting topic of software-preservation, where it comes up a lot, which I dare say that an awful lot of companies are very bad at. :p I'm guessing that you might have some interest in that, since you've clearly demonstrated knowledge on the subject here. :)

Anyway, getting back into Kingdom Hearts is fun, and Crusader Kings 2 has me paranoid about my in-game vassals jumping at the chance to defy their ruler (AESOP: Remember, kids, don't throw your vassals in prison, even if there's an alert saying "Righteous Imprisonment" at the top of the screen.)
I haven't heard of Crusader Kings 2, but this is clearly good advice for life! :lol:

It's free-to-play on PC, at least regarding the base game (extra areas like China, the Islamic world, and pagan areas like pre-High Middle Ages Scandinavia are available through DLC, but the few areas you do get are surprisingly fun - especially when it comes with the balance of keeping your vassals weak and keeping them from raising the flag of rebellion. It's harder than it sounds, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen every way to tick off the vassals that hard.)

Everyone recommends playing the Petty Kingdom of Mumu (in Ireland, AKA Tutorial Island) first, as that's surprisingly easy, but I'd go for someone with few vassals - like Alodia, which has none, allowing you to focus more on conquering your neighbors than worrying about vassals...

Although most games will have you either trying to keep your vassals weak or keeping others on their toes by using their vassals to your advantage - rebellions tend to be the best time to make land claims.)

EDIT: Here's a let's play from a REALLY good player. He has all the DLC, but it's still fairly easy to catch up with from a base game standpoint, seeing as Paris is in the base game.

I've been playing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I've had a Switch for a while (since the announcement trailer of Animal Crossing New Horizons) :3 but asked for LOZ for christmas so have owned it for about a week now. I always loved Skyrim so I'm nicely surprised as to how similar it plays, but how much better it looks! Anyone else remember when Skyrim looked incredible? Gosh how times change!

This isn't something I'm playing currently, but was wondering how many people here have heard of and/or played Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times for NDS? It's like Animal Crossing but you're a witch/wizard and go to wizardry school. I LOVED this game so much - and there were two or three sequels but they only had a japanese release and man I wish there was an English release for even one of them xD

i've been playing Pokemon Shield since christmas, i spent around 4 days trying to get a shiny blipbug and after defeating around 2000 of them i ran into a shiny lotad instead, even though my odds for lotad were barely boosted, so i don't think i'm going to try that method again until i get the shiny charm, haha

i've been playing Pokemon Shield since christmas, i spent around 4 days trying to get a shiny blipbug and after defeating around 2000 of them i ran into a shiny lotad instead, even though my odds for lotad were barely boosted, so i don't think i'm going to try that method again until i get the shiny charm, haha
I preordered Pokemon Sword and have finished the narrative (I really loved the game) but haven't yet had time to play the kind of after game narrative xD I got a super shiny Wooloo without chaining or hatching so feel very lucky! My favourite new pokemon is the galarian meowth ;w; I'd probably cry if I found a shiny one! so cute!!!

I preordered Pokemon Sword and have finished the narrative (I really loved the game) but haven't yet had time to play the kind of after game narrative xD I got a super shiny Wooloo without chaining or hatching so feel very lucky! My favourite new pokemon is the galarian meowth ;w; I'd probably cry if I found a shiny one! so cute!!!
oh, nice! i haven't made it through the story yet because i've been distracted by shiny hunting and the max raid battles, but it's been really fun so far, even if i'm kind of sad they didn't include all the pokemon this time, i really love all the new bugs though

the shiny galarian meowth is kind of a golden color i think, it looks pretty nice

Latest posts

Back