what have you got in the mail today *continued* <3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20190114_125636_156.jpg

My new son arrived!

xNbGu1el.png

Got these two about a week ago. Running them alongside my Oden-Kun. I wish you could adjust the contrast on the Akai, but it's still super cool. Santaclaught is weeeeeird since you don't really 'care' for him, but his animations are cool and overall he's pretty fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Id just like to say. If anyone here is shipping via courier, for the love of Professor Banzo do NOT use Yodel. They are complete crap.
Unfortunately, Yodel is one of those services that, like Hermes (which has a very unflattering nickname amongst those who've had bad experiences with the company), depends entirely on how good your local drivers are. Some people will receive fantastic service from them, whereas others won't. :(

Unfortunately, Yodel is one of those services that, like Hermes (which has a very unflattering nickname amongst those who've had bad experiences with the company), depends entirely on how good your local drivers are. Some people will receive fantastic service from them, whereas others won't. :(
Seems I'm one of the (VERY) unlucky ones... Same driver twice in one week. kept hanging up the phone on me, delivering to neighbours he was told not to do, rescheduling for next week then turning up the same day knowing I was out etc. Etc.

Seems I'm one of the (VERY) unlucky ones... Same driver twice in one week. kept hanging up the phone on me, delivering to neighbours he was told not to do, rescheduling for next week then turning up the same day knowing I was out etc. Etc.
Yep, it's either that or good service - there seems to be no in-between with companies who operate as these ones do. :(

If something you've ordered is being delivered by Yodel and your e-mail address has been passed to them, you're likely to get an e-mail sometime soon that'll ask you to fill out a survey about the service that you've received. Keep an eye out for it.

Yep, it's either that or good service - there seems to be no in-between with companies who operate as these ones do. :(

If something you've ordered is being delivered by Yodel and your e-mail address has been passed to them, you're likely to get an e-mail sometime soon that'll ask you to fill out a survey about the service that you've received. Keep an eye out for it.
Ah. I definitely will. Most definitely. 

Todays arrivals are.... uhm.... well....

20190521_125151-1.jpg

20190521_125646-1.jpg

Animal Imaginado's. Now please believe me when I tell you that I support bootleg Tamagotchi's. I'm always frist to grab them when they come out but these are just.... not good. Don't buy these. They have every intention of being good, they put real effort into the V4/5 shell design and they designed a ton of creatures for it. Sprites are nice. Effort went into this. EXCEPT IN THE FIELD OF CHECKING IT WORKS.

Seriously. I pulled the tab out on the green one, and all seemed well. With the exception of a very dark screen. It scrolled through the animals available. I chose the chicken. Then it reset. I thought... thats odd. So I tried again. Same thing. Eventually, the screen went completely blank. I thought the batteries may have been weak and thats probably why the screen was dark to begin with. So I went to change the batteries.

An hour later, they were changed. It took this long because the old ones were stuck inside and I had to take the entire device apart (you really shouldn't have to do that). When I did, the infrared plastic at the top fell out and the reset button got lost under the chip board. Ages later, I was able to get it all back together. Put new batteries in and hooray, it was working again.

For 1 minute. I realilsed whatever button I pressed, it either reset or didn't do anything at all. Then the screen would randomly go blank. Eventually. I realised it didn't matter what I pressed. The device was reseting just be touching it. I am serious, the buttons do nothing on this. It kept resetting because if you press down on the device at all, anywhere, it resets because of something inside not connecting properly. Batteries maybe I don[t know. It feels light as a feather and flimsy as hell and I feel it will never ever work right. Which is a shame.

As I said, REAL EFFORT went into some of this, HUMAN BEINGS made this. They saw it doing this and said "HM, YES THATS OKAY RELEASE IT". Why? If you'er going to go to the effor of making one of these that looks SO MUCH like a real V4/5 then why not MAKE SURE IT WORKS BEFORE YOU SELL IT?

Such a shame. Such a waste. And I still have three more of these on order. Oh well. At least it makes a nice display piece.

EDIT: Also, the infrared plastic has no actual infrared underneath, so despite being advertised as a connecting device, it is not.

My apologies for the double-post, but I've gotten a new virtual pet today. :D This one wasn't received through the mail, though - it was picked up in person at a gifts and gadgets store called Menkind.

XYVwuKA.jpg

This is a 32 in 1 Cyber Pet by The Source Wholesale. It turned out to be identical to the 32-in-1 version of Funtime Gifts' Virtual PETs, but with what I feel is a more eye-catching shell and slightly nicer buttons.

Here's what showed up today! 

25qpu14.jpg

A brand new P2 and the charming Mekagotchi! As it came used with no instruction manual, I'm gonna have to rely on the resources you all have put together. I love a good gimmick so I'm very excited to have snagged this weird calculator!

Latest posts

Back