What is your sexuality?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't take a label because I feel I don't fit any of them per se.

I understand that this is a time which, in general, people are more accepting and open-minded to the different sexualities that people are born with and identify as, and as such there are now many, many different names and labels to fit many different characteristics of sexual attraction (or lack there of) specifically, but I'd rather not be defined by some label. It's just a part of who I am, not who I am.

For me, I like who I like. That's all that there is to it, really.
You make a good point.

For those who might be interested, read this (short) piece on why you should try to avoid labelling yourself:

https://www.theemotionmachine.com/dont-label-yourself

(but only if you want to) :p

I consider myself bisexual/pansexual (I voted for both) but I don't know if I really can choose a definition I like more. There is a lot of debate in the LGBTQIAP+ community about the true definitions of bisexual/pansexual, but I know that for me, someone's gender is not necessarily a factor in my sexual/romantic attraction toward them. I have been in a few relationships, all of them were cis men, (non-transgender) but I have had crushes on cis women, and a couple genderfluid/queer people. I guess I just have more of a romantic attraction to most people though, as sexual stuff for me doesn't really come until I've got a close romantic attachment to someone (maybe I'm demisexual? I don't know if I am quite there yet, though.)

I am really offended when people say that demisexuality is not a thing (even LGBTQAP+ supporter groups...), seriously, I am sure I am not some special snowflake who finds their friend suddenly sexually and romantically attractive after I've gained a bond with them due some event or something else. It is a thing and I wish it wasn't. It seriously hurts when I know I can't have that relationship with someone so important for me and I'm constantly jealous because of their other friends, and it's really a bad thing...

random thought

why is transgender even in LGBT

seems to me that, to the transgender, one's sex is unrelated to sexual preferences

short-sighted questions like "why not just stay a woman and be straight" is especially aggravating to some I've known

edit: should this have gone in that thread for random questions (that don't "warrant the creation of a new topic")? I don't even know why I said it

Last edited by a moderator:
female.

I have no idea what sexuality I am, and I don't really care. As Sam and TM said, I don't really want to put a 'label' on myself. c:

The LGBT community is not only about sexual prefferences but also gender identities. If we stretchen it to LGBTQ, then the Q stands for "Queer" which is an umbrella term for gender identities, I think?

I W A S W R O N G

I'm literally asexual

like sexual and romantic relationships just dont appeal to me wtf

i still think ppl are hot tho but i just??? know they have a cool looking face i dont wanna date them

GIMME.PNG

I've gone back and forth with my sexuality for many, MANY years (10+, it's ridiculous). I've just kind of stopped trying to find the "proper" term. I don't really care anymore. I'm in a straight marriage, I'm attracted to my husband but otherwise I'm only attracted to women. So yeah. Label? No. I gave up on that one.

If anyone asks me straight out I tell them I'm gay, then they usually make a point that I'm married to a man and I sit and watch them be confused and laugh.

Throughout different thoughts and what not, i can safely say that i'm more into a questioned state.

Orientations are a confusing thing if the existance is even there.

I DECIDED TO EXPLAIN MY WEIRD SEXUALITY CUZ ITS RLY LATE AND IM BORED K

I am physically attracted to girls but romantically attracted to boys. Like, I'll find a girl hot even if she's actually really mean. Or I'll get a crush on a boy even if he's really ugly. So far the vast majority of my crushes have been people online, who therefore must be boys because I can't get a crush on a girl I haven't seen IRL. The conclusion is if I gave you a list of all my crushes you'd assume I'm straight with a few exceptions. But you'd be wrong. I AM CONFUSING. :D Please don't assume I judge girls by looks and boys by personality though, my online friends who are girls can tell you that. :p I judge everyone 99% by personality, I just have a weird sexuality which is actually not under my control at all. Probably it's just because I'm only 12 and I'll probably turn out straight in the end.

THAT WAS WEIRD KTHXBAI

I consider myself Bisexual. I find both genders attractive and I can be physical with both. I've had one relationship with a girl and one relationship with a guy. Though in the end I've been with that one guy for 7+ years now. (we are married :wub: )

After doing some research on sexualities, I feel I can definitely say I am a biromantic asexual. I feel romantic attraction to both males and females, but I don't feel sexual attraction towards anyone. Simple as that, really.
I think into my sexual/romantic orientation too much and I'm probably actually homoromantic, not biromantic.

i've always thought i was straight, but i think my admiration towards this one girl has grown into something more, she really gives me serious butterflies. but i'm still boy crazy! or just crazy in general, probably.. :huh: -_-

i've always thought i was straight, but i think my admiration towards this one girl has grown into something more, she really gives me serious butterflies. but i'm still boy crazy! or just crazy in general, probably.. :huh: -_-
No you're not crazy, you're human.

Sexual orientation is a confusing thing for anyone to truly comprehend about themselves. I don't even know mine.

I've been in a relationship for 2 yrs and counting with a girl i love greatly, but I've also developed a crush on a guy who i've come to admire greatly.

I'm not leaving my girlfriend though. :p but it shows that no matter how "Straight" one thinks they are, it doesn't matter. You tend to love or crush on people you have admiration for.

So can there really be "sexual orientation"?

can't imagine myself getting intimate with someone else of the same sex, so I guess I'd identify as heterosexual

Just thought that I'd mention that the first person I fell deeply in love with was a girl :U

After my crush went away, I got with my boyfriend, but I don't think I'm bisexual because that implies liking both genders at the same time whereas once I realized I couldn't have my girl crush, I soon found the thought of me being with another girl repulsive ono (not saying it's repulsive for other people). Now I'm still with my boyfriend but I don't feel any sexual feelings anymore. BTW I only get crushes on those I am close friends with~

So I was like

Lesbian -> Straight -> Asexual

Sometimes I wonder if sexuality is even a thing XD It's so ambiguous oh my gosh

*flies away swiftly*

Just thought that I'd mention that the first person I fell deeply in love with was a girl :U

After my crush went away, I got with my boyfriend, but I don't think I'm bisexual because that implies liking both genders at the same time whereas once I realized I couldn't have my girl crush, I soon found the thought of me being with another girl repulsive ono (not saying it's repulsive for other people). Now I'm still with my boyfriend but I don't feel any sexual feelings anymore. BTW I only get crushes on those I am close friends with~

So I was like

Lesbian -> Straight -> Asexual

Sometimes I wonder if sexuality is even a thing XD It's so ambiguous oh my gosh

*flies away swiftly*
I don't think bisexual implies liking both at the same time; rather, it's probably more like it's possible to feel attraction towards both.

That last part about only getting on crushes your close friends with sounds like demisexual to me, but who am I to determine someone else's sexual orientation? Heck, not too long ago, I was still confused about my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back