What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate Twilight, the characters are shallow and two dimensional, plus the fans irritate me. Writing style is horrible and it all over reads like a tweenagers fantasy diary, with the entire plot centered around her complete with her magical boyfriends, and super aging daughter so they can be besties forever!

The Host, also by Stephani Meyers, this was her first book I read, I hadnt known it was the same writer until later. Though after reading this and Twilight I think she should seek therapy because obviously she has a thing for emotionally and physically abusive relationships. Again she is pined after by two men, though this time they keep her locked up in a cave and beat her if she tries to run away, and over time they all fall in love, and they kidnap another girl and put the worm in her head so they each have a girlfriend. OH JOY! I see a pattern that Stephani Meyer enjoys being a damsel, and being pined after by multiple men. When I grew up this was known as a manipulative bi***, but to her apparently that's a healthy romance!

Didnt much like Hunger Games, it had a nice idea but then it seemed like they wanted to throw in the twilight type romance. Two guys pining after one girl, oh noes who will she choose!? I picked it up because someone compared it to Battle Royale (really good book) but after reading it all I was just like 'WHERE...WHERE IS IT LIKE BATTLE ROYALE!? NO WHERE' It could be a nice read if you're just getting into books, but for people who read a lot, it isnt much. Good for tweens, and teens.

50 shades of Grey. Do I have to say more?

Just... I could write like this when I was 8. No kidding here. Really. No kidding. Short dialogues and small amounts of descriptions... Please, bad fanfictions on internet written by teens are way more quality than this.

Plus it's basically disturbing.

50 shades of Grey. Do I have to say more?

Just... I could write like this when I was 8. No kidding here. Really. No kidding. Short dialogues and small amounts of descriptions... Please, bad fanfictions on internet written by teens are way more quality than this.

Plus it's basically disturbing.
Lawl funny part is that, that book was LITERALLY written as a Twilight fan fiction, but it got so many views that the author decided to change the names and get it published. So that kinda tells you something I'd say XD

...What, really? Wow, and to think it will get a freaking movie. If more fanfictions were noticed like this....

More ranting, yay. Bad news, guys, I read The Last Time I saw Mother.

The characters and plot and stuff were ok, it's the way it was written that made it bad. The story doesn't flow smoothly, it's like a river with a bunch of dams built at short intervals and they constantly disrupt the flow. Guess what those dams are...they're adjectives. Adjectives aren't bad, in fact they can make a great story, but the adjectives in this story...they were forced. Forced adjectives, forced descriptions...it feels like the author just inserted and they don't belong there. Like these two sentences (from the book, pages 5 and 6):

"It wasn't so long ago that I hung them out, carefully slipping hangers into shirts, pegging legs of pants onto the line, so they dangled there as if belonging to a row of people doing handstands, only their torsos, arms and heads were chopped off by some unseen hand."

"And the cobwebs that some industrious spider had intricately spun from one leaf to another like lace had been swept aside."

Just inserted adjectives that don't contribute to the story at all and instead hinder it, why not just completely delete that first sentence, which wasn't only completely unnecessary but also inappropriate (makes me think of gory stuff, dead bodies, murderers), and change the second one to "The cobwebs had been swept aside." ? Or must every single sentence have fancy adjectives inserted into it? Try to keep it simple, more adjectives =/= better. Some parts of the book were ok and bearable but other parts...boring, uninteresting and full of forced adjectives, like the sentences above. There's something else in the book that makes it bad but I can't put my finger on it...it's mainly the forced adjectives, though. If only instead of dams they built bridges. I didn't wanna read the whole book, if it was up to me I would've stopped halfway through the first chapter because of the way it was written, but it was for school and I had no choice. Seriously, full of completely unnecessary adjectives inserted in sentences at random, trying to make it fancy. My advice: Don't overuse adjectives, don't force the adjectives and just insert them in sentences and don't add unnecessary sentences. Ok, rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:
50 shades of Grey: I don't know who in their right mind would choose to read this book. It's badly written in all aspects: plot (I don't really need to explain this, do I?) and grammar (sounds like a freshman in a high school) etc. And really, if you are looking for that genre, I'm betting that there's a lot better out there.

Twilight: A story revolving around a selfish girl who has "two hot guys" (essentially a pedophile necrophiliac and a wolf, does anyone else see this as terribly wrong?) Meyer teaches young girls to brood in a pool of angst when their boyfriend leaves them.

Matched: Just lacking. I don't really remember enough about it to elaborate.

Last edited by a moderator:
the worst book i ever read was pride and prejudice

im sorry its a classic it just made me cry because it was so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back