What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho. Two hundred odd pages of somebody walking down the road to Santiago. His books are too long and too pointless, unless you're all philosophical :rolleyes:

Among the hidden. :/
Oh yes!!!! Someone else hates this book besides me! What sucks is that I have to read it for this book quiz competition thing at school! Why I hated it:1. It doesn't explain things very much, like why the law was made, where they were, and what the year was. That would have helped a tiny bit.

2. It just made me so mad when he chickened out about the rally at the last minute!!!! :angry: :angry:

3. It was pretty violent at the end.... I WAS SO DEVASTATED WHEN THEY SAID JEN DIED. :eek: :eek: I said NOOOOOO SHE WAS THE MOST DECENT CHARACTER IN THE BOOK WHYYY :(

4. Jen's dad working for the population police made nooooooo sense. At. All.

And other books.... well, Twilight.... no, I won't say anything but this: the whole vampire thing is completely overrated and stupid.

The old topic is here.

And please give reasons why you hate the book(s), not just "because I hate it."

///

I hate Twilight, the series, and Meyer.

*shields self from said book's rabid fangirls*

Edward Cullen is overly controlling. Bella wants to go see Jacob? BOOM. No she can't. She wants to see Charlie? No she can't. I remember first reading the series and thinking "Oooh, what a scary 'vampire'. I can't WAIT to see how they make him look in the movie." (Cuz, really, you knew they'd make a movie of it, what with all the publicity the book was getting) And they made him look like... like... a DISCO BALL! REAL vampires do NOT, in ANY WAY, resemble disco balls. Okay? EVER.

Bella Swan feels like she cannot live without Edward. When he leaves, she's depressed, then she has to go find another person--Jacob--to use, just for his company. She knows she's using him, yet, she continues.

And Jacob just randomly imprints on Renesmee. It's like, Meyer just threw that in at last minute so she'd stop getting hate mail from Team Jacob fans because he never got true love.

And Stephenie Meyer said--how DARE she, I was actually shaking with anger when I read this-- her precious little sparkly vampire could cross the room in 0.01 seconds and break Harry Potter's neck.

*shudders with anger*

/rant

///

So, haha, what book/series do YOU hate?

I actually agreed with every single thing you said (doesn't happen often for me with opinions).

Hmm...worst book for me...Pride and Prejudice.

I just could not get into it.

I even tried to buy Pride and Prejudice and Zombies thinking the zombie action would make it less boring. Nope.

probably the worst book I ever read... either "hoot" (that book was so horrible) dont get me wrong I love owls! But i'm sorry, but this book just sucked. I didn't understand ANYTHING that was happening.. like one minute they are in a bus... and the next they are in a shed? I was like... uhhh... lets just say I got tired at the halfway point and just didnt finish... and also "the glory field". No offence to WDM...but that book is JUST TOO LONG AND BORING!! I mean... he doesnt even title the chapters so your like "what chapter am I on??" and its just too boring and hard to understand. Unfortunatley, I had to read the WHOLE BOOK and ANNOTATE EVERY. SINGLE. CHAPTER. because we had to do it for school :(

The worst book that could ever be written is

HARRY POTTER
LIES. I want a legitimate reason to why you hate this book. They're one of my favourite book series <33

And the worst book I've ever read is this book (I can't remember who it's by, or what it's called) But it was like based around Christian ideas, and that all this stuff was sins and it was horrible because I just don't believe in those views, and they were incorporated into what could have been a brilliant storyline. I'm not trying to hate on Christians, but I just don't believe in a lot of their views.

Not the worst I've read, but I think the last book of The Hunger Games, Mockingjay, was ridiculous. By this point, I think the author was just randomly killing off people as she wrote.

Remember Finnick's death? It was possibly the most silly and miserable death for such an awesome character. Also, the random deaths of Boggs, and the other District 13 soldiers who went with Katniss to the Capital. The only understandable death would've been Prim, she was the only one with reasons for her death, because the author needed ways to prove KatnissxGale wasn't gonna happen.

Personally, I wish Gale would've died. I never liked him anyway. Or Peeta. Although both would've caused the fangirls to die crying, and plus if Peeta died, well, Katniss would like go mad.

Don't even get me started on that scene near the end when Katniss goes into princess mode and sings. Ugh. That was total Mary Suedom right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
LIES. I want a legitimate reason to why you hate this book. They're one of my favourite book series <33

And the worst book I've ever read is this book (I can't remember who it's by, or what it's called) But it was like based around Christian ideas, and that all this stuff was sins and it was horrible because I just don't believe in those views, and they were incorporated into what could have been a brilliant storyline. I'm not trying to hate on Christians, but I just don't believe in a lot of their views.
For some reason books about people turning into balloons and flying out the window don't appeal to me. So yeah... no Harry Potter for me. :p

An Afrikaans book called "Daar's vis in die punch" or to translate: There's fish in the punch. I couldn't get past the first 3 pages... it was so offensive and the language was, well to be honest, vulgar. :eek:

IDK what the name of the book was, but it had a weird turtle with HUGE HUGE HUGE eyes on it. o_O When I flipped through it, all I saw was the turtle doing daily life.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Haystack by Jack Lasenby. It's too long and with too much description for my taste. Why was it picked as one of the top three kids books in New Zealand for 2011? (I encountered it in a school book quiz which I entered last year. My team came sixth)

~ Dazzmina ~

Hmm...worst book for me...Pride and Prejudice.

I just could not get into it.
This precisely.

Also all the Warrior book series, except Bluestar's Prophecy. The books are predictable, and there's at least one character death in each book. Despite what people think, no, it does not make the books more thrilling, it just makes them boring and repetitive. They're going to end up like the Rainbow Magic books; hundreds of them, but each one so obvious that you don't even need to read it to figure out the plot.

It was probably a book written directly toward Christians.

Anyway, yeah I'm not into Harry Potter.

I liked it in fourth grade, but then I tried to read it again this and the plot seemed stupid to me honestly. It's well written though, i'll give it that.

ProbablyMein Kampf by Adolf Hitler.

LOLJK. Honestly I have no idea, I don't read much. :p

I hate Warriors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back