What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, i pretty much hate all vampire books except one because its unique and has a different view of vampires, they arent all ''emo'' looking and stuff. Its called ''Marked'' should try reading it sometime.

Oh yeah, Warriors! I remember the huge thing about Warriors in 4th grade.

M'kay. What happened was almost EVERYONE in my class was addicted to Warriors. I was as well. Then I got to the third or fourth one, and gad I was BORED. I mean BORED BORED. My best friend even let me borrow her fifth one and it was left in my desk for about four months. Around June (My school gets summer vacation starting at July), EVERYONE was talking about the characters from the second series, so I was all "What?" and "Which character is that?" And everyone got annoyed. Because that's when I was reading A Series of Unfortunate Events, and I have all 13 books and I personally like them quite a lot.

Worst books what I have ever read are A Series of Unfortunate Events- books,because your favorite characters die or you don't know what happen to them.

I read all those 13 books, because books always end, when there's something, what you want to know.

Don't read NEVER those books!
that series is okay, but they could have cut around 5 books off the series it got boring with the same ending and stuff

Yea, i pretty much hate all vampire books except one because its unique and has a different view of vampires, they arent all ''emo'' looking and stuff. Its called ''Marked'' should try reading it sometime.
Agreed. This series is awesome.

Oh dear God, I've read so much awful stuff x_x Here's a few samples:

The Night World

Normally I love L. J Smith's stuff, but this I really couldn't get into. It's a bunch of short stories, which I generally dislike. I really liked the first story, but of course it ended and then... I just got bored. I couldn't get into the other stories and threw the book out. One of only two books I never finished.

Brisingr (or something like that)

The other book I never finished. I loved Eragon and was okay with Eldest, but this... this just bored me. I couldn't follow the plot and found Roran's bits REALLY dull. Shame they made up most of the book...

Ash

Oh hell. Where to start here? A really poor retelling of Cinderella when there are much better out there (Ella Enchanted, for example) with one of the weirdest endings in the history of my reading...

I'm pretty sure there's more, but I felt the need to rant about these three.

Now it's "Bleak House". I love Charles Dickens but it seemed...kinda unfinished and weird.

Avi.

The Twilight Saga.

Warrior Cats. The... every part of that book is horrible.

Although at least the author is good, I like seekers.

I ABSOLUTELY DISLIKE READING THE TWILIGHT SAGA[/b]!

reason #1: It is simply overrated!

reason #2: One reason it made it to the bestseller list is because Robert Pattinson is an actor in the movie (seriously, some teens thinks he's handsome or something)

reason #3: It is in too much detail, people dont want to know that she ate [insert food here] and chased it down with milk or that she wore her favourite frilly shirt or whatever.

reason #4:Edward is a sparkly vampire He's a diso ball! <_<

reason #5: So boring, it is complete snoresville

reason #6: Harry Potter Rules

reason #7: It pushed Harry potter to #2 to the bestsellers list on the Whitcoulls shelf.

reason #8: It ruins the idea of the traditional vampire that burns upin the sunlight and sleep in coffins.

reason #9: It sets a bad example for everyone! It inspires people to become emo, goth or complete whining "passionate" people.

reason #10: The point of the book is about a twit who fell in love with a bloodsucking moron who is trying to protect her; In the series of unfortunate events it is about three orphans trying to escape an evil person trying to get his hands on their fortune; in Harry Potter it is about a boy trying to bring down the Dark Lord once and for all according to the prophcy that was made when he was born; in WARRIORS series it is mainly about prophecies that will change the whole forest and ..er...stuff.

Sorry if I am too... something because it just shows how much I dislike the series and yes I did read at least one of the books and it was awful :p

I can't stand Twilight, it's so utterly annoying and people get obsessed with it and EDWARD IS A SPARKLY BLOODSUCKING DISCO BALL...yeah.

And NONONONONONONONONOOOOOO, master disco ball Edward Cullen can NOT break Harry Potter's neck. Not in his lifetime. Harry Potter is amazing. They created a section of Disney Land based on him...do you see a section of Disney Land based on TWILIGHT?! No.

I also didn't like the Into the Wild series, I read the first one, read the first chapter of the second one and never continued. It's about a girl named Julie with a walking and talking cat named Puss in Boots and a plant eats her mom. The author basically copied something from every fairy tale she could think of. It's annoying.

I know I have more...I'm much too lazy to think of more ^_^

meh, I think Twilight is just the book people like to hate for the fun of it. Personally I don't like it, I enjoyed the first book when it came out. But that was quite a few years back and I was young.

I just found it interesting that people will not like a book just because a character doesn't set a good example. I detest some of the characters in some of my favourite books, that doesn't mean they're bad. I find the conflict engaging. Then again, if the storyline doesn't suffice, I do disengage from a story.

Take for example the characters in Shakespeare’s Othello.

Othello is easily swayed, incredibly jealous and ultimately kills his wife over false pretences.

Desdemona is naive, too kind for her own good and is deceptive to her father

Iago is the epitome of evil! He is egotistical, and manipulates people for his own good.

None of these characters are a good influence on the people reading them. Doesn't mean the book is bad, or that it's a bad influence on those reading it. You can read a book like Twilight and not strive to be like Bella.

I find it hard to hate books, but there is one - "Little Darlings" That I have still, to this day, have not been able to finish

But if they make some sort of theme park based off Twilight I will be emotionally scarred for life.

Stupid disco-ball.

Speaking of which, I've been reading the Amulet series, it's very awesome but gets more boring around the third book as now it's more talking than action.

I gotta agree on the Twilight Saga. The plot of New Moon: I woke up. I went to school. Edward wasn't there. I was depressed. I went home. I went to sleep. I woke up and sat in the same chair as months passed and the camera panned around me lookin' all depressed and whatnot the entire time. (If you've seen the movie you'll get it, lol).

Also, The Giver. If anyone else has had the misfortune of having their english teachers force them to read this, then you will understand. It's about a 'utopian' society, which is a bunch of b.s. because it's basically the most boring world where people basically can't think freely, are assigned their jobs rather than choosing them, and they decided that identical twins are too confusing, so the smallest one is euthanized at birth. Stuff like that. Teenagers also have to take pills to get rid of 'stirrings' as they're referred to in the book, if you catch my drift. And I say, well what fun is that?

Idk what else right now.

I cannot stand Lord of the Flies. The way that the kids in this book are portrayed is so insulting. When I was 12, if I had been trapped on a deserted island, I WOULD BE CONCERNED!!! And the only smart character is Piggy, but he gets ignored and ends up dying is awful. Another smart but ignored character is Simon, but since he is different, he is put down. I understand that this is supposed to be a reference to the real world, but seriously, William Golding is just insulting children.

okay just wanting to say stuff about peoples least favorite books starting with, oh crap..... twilight _/1__ (its supposed to look like poop)

So twilight, the stupid book that started the "paranormal romance" section at the bookstore, a (_______)

vampire craze and a chain of VERY BAD MOVIES! the story of a teenage girl falling in love with a 100+ year old just isn't right, and he will LOOK like hes sixteen for ever when she will age like a NORMAL person and then it won't look right to everyone else, And how many wives has the shiny vampire had? he's over 100 so he probably just wants this 16 year old girl to replace a past vampire, hunted by abraham lincoln (google "abraham lincoln, vampire hunter") and then a werewolf comes on to the scene, one that isn't over 100 so if i was the girl id choose someone closer to my age, won't suck the blood from people or animals into bloodless corpses or maybe, (this will blow your minds) A NORMAL PERSON!

Now to lord of the flies

nothing is wrong with lord of the flies (unless you got the illustrated version, then i can understand why you dont like it tamatamatamapanda)

okay i don't know many of the others but im going to put one down myself "THE HOBBIT" my grandma got it for me on my birthday (my 8th) and i read 63 pages and then found another book but i was bored with the 63 pages enough so don't read "the hobbit"

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found it interesting that people will not like a book just because a character doesn't set a good example. [snip]
The only problem with that is that Bella is made to look like the most perfect angel ever; everything she does is perfect and what every girl should strive to be like if she ever desires perfection.

And while I've never read anything Shakespeare, I'm quite certain that Othello was portrayed as a deeply flawed character, and not someone that we should strive to be, yes?

I am in a state of eternal disfavor with Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights because personally, it just seems like a load of melodramatic gossip. Anyone else ever read that?

Old Yeller. The book was AWFUL. It was about a mutt who a boy hates, then in the end, when the boy finally likes the poor old dog, he SHOOTS the dog because of an incurable sickness. After, he gets ANOTHER dog and hates him, too. Boy, the grammar sucks too. And, the story showed no detail at all, exept for the dog he had before he had Yeller. AWFUL.

Reasons why twilight sucks

1. EVERY PAGE, EDWARD'S 'AMAZINGLY SCULPTED CHEST' OR 'BREATHTAKING EYES' ARE MENTIONED D:<

2. Stephanie Meyer must have a love for Pedophillia. Edward x Bella? Jacob x RENESMEE!? o_O

3. Everyone's a pedophilic stalker

4. Bella sucks

5. The power rangers could easily beat the cullens

6. Charlie has the most character

7. It teaches people to commit suicide

8. Stupid fact no.#798 - Girls who read this book will think they're bella, and will come waiting for edward. Then, they all commit suicide because he didn't come and their life is not complete. The end.

9. Just because it has fancy words, like, every sentence, doesn't mean that it's a good book.

10. Bella ditched all her friends, family, and her humanity, just to be with the disco-ball gary-stu. At least blondie had some sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back