would you sue JD?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you sue JD for fake tams?

• yes! they should be sued for making all those fake tams!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no! no way! they have a right to make 'virtual pets' fake or no.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no, no, sue the fake tam vendors!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ehh, i really dont care.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because something isn't popular and fun as the other one doesn't mean you have to sue them because they want to make something similar, it's not like people buys LAYS, CHEETOS, Doritos chips, and etc. all the time...

YES I would sue if I was BanDai JD are cashing in on BanDai's ideas really.. Tamagotchi's are the best, and cannot be beaten, I will never buy a virtual pet made by someone other than BanDai Tamagotchi's.

Sue them, because , even though Bell Sprout has a point, they are coping charrie's and the name 'Tamagotchi©'

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I have nothing against JD if they want to sell Fake Tamagotchi's then go ahead. Just keep in mind TAMAGOTCHI'S aren't the original and offical VIRTUAL PET.

So really there's no need to get worked up, if you buy it that's your fault (Buyers fault), not there's..

ha, just wondering...though, im pretty sure this would be biased..

would you be willing to do something about JD?

*this is HERE and not in 'whats on your mind' BECAUSE: well, JD is a fake tam company. so, this is related, right?*
I would. Definatly!!! :angry:

Who wouldn't want to sue a fake, most likely illegal company. :angry: :angry:

JD are the worst.

They even copy the name (tamagotchi).

I wouldn't sue JD. I wouldn't want to be involved for one, and two, there are many companies that copy originals, it would be wrong just to point out one.

Let me solve this out!

Ganz makes Webkinz. Then Russ comes out with these stuffed animals that are like Webkinz called Shining Stars. (I have a Shining Stars Unicorn.)

I love My Little Pony,a line of toy ponies with hair that feels like Barbie hair. They come in many different colors. Then a company called Lanard makes "Pony Tails" which is the same as My Little Pony. (I have a few My Little Pony Fakes.)

So if JD wants,they could make fake tamas! Their most famous Tamagotchi fakes are "Honey Lovers".

JD just makes crappy virtual pets will cool animations and accessories and make em look like Tamagotchis to make cash on EBay.

I agree with the person above me.

Shining Stars is the same thing as Webkinz. I'm gonna continue my Webkinz collection now because Shining Stars is weird. :ph34r:

People do that all the time.

Sue JD for making virtual pets similar to the tamagotchis? No. They are similar but they aren't claiming to be Bandai Tamagotchis. They are diffrent, but are very similar. Just like the Nano Pets are very similar to the P1/P2 Tamagotchis (the ones from 10 and 11 years ago) but they weren't exactly like them because they had real animals and even people such as Nano Baby, Nano Ktty, Nano Puppy, and more. They weren't exactly Tamagotchis but some of the stuff such as the clock screen looked a lot like the P1/P2 tamagotchis.

JD doesn't make tamagotchis, they make virtual pts that are crappy but similar to tamagotchis.

-C.M.

JD never CLAIMED they were the original tamagotchis, so they are not necessarily fake. I voted Ehh, I don't really care.

It is because they call them names like 'Honey Lovers'. etc. etc. The packages rarely say Tamagotchi, so they are just an ordinary virtual pet like gigapets, Tamagotchis, etc.

But in my opinion, I think Tamagotchis should really be the first and only virtual pet, because, the only reason all those companys like Gigapets, Nanopets, etc. Are making their version of the hit Virtual Pet: Tamagotchi, is that they want a profit like th profit Bandai makes.

But, they fail. The only one that I think didn't fail badly was Littlest Pet Shop Digital, and thats only because alot of the little kids bought the digital because they liked the little figurines with bobbling heads that they have a million of and the playhouse.

Conclusion: JD are not making fake tamas.

Shiny Palkia

Would you sue Savings for making cheaper frozen veggies in a simple packet?Would you sue LG for making mobile phones?

Would you sue Matel for making toy basketballs?

Remember, unless the company is trying to claim that they are making BANDAI tamagotchis they are quite entitled to make virtual pets. Every product has a company that will sell a homebrand version... something that is same as the brand name but cheaper and a little less good quality. Think about it.. you can get expensive shoes and cheap shoes. You can get brand name food products or your can get savings or Woolies brand. There is the game ConnectFour and another company makes LineUpFour which is the same game just named differently and cheaper. :)

You can't sue a company for making their own version of a product even if it does the same thing. :) You can only sue if they are claiming to be something they are not... i.e. putting a Bandai logo on their own product.
Exactly. JD Does not claim them to be Bandai Tamagotchis.

You guys need to get over it. If you think about it.... almost everything is a cheaper copy of another thing.

-C.M.

Anyways, even if you did sue them, you wouldn't win because they aren't calling them Tamagotchi or BANDAI.

he has a point
then again some unsuspecting person might buy a cyber pet from JD thinking it was an official tamagotchi.

now i have a point
Yes, but, it's not JD's fault if someone thinks it's a BANDI tamagotchi.

I WOULD sue them. I mean, if you search "Tamagotchi" on Ebay, you get, like, a million JDs. Some of the Jds are so "real", its H-A-R-D to tell. They even use the same characters as Tamagotchis.

My point: Its soooo simalar (in some of Jds "Tams",) why not!

You should see BanBia, they copy the logo, exept theirs says BanBia. They use the same icons, characters, they even connect, but it freezes and says error in the middle of the connection... UUGGHHH! :lol: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back