would you sue JD?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you sue JD for fake tams?

• yes! they should be sued for making all those fake tams!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no! no way! they have a right to make 'virtual pets' fake or no.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no, no, sue the fake tam vendors!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ehh, i really dont care.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you sue Savings for making cheaper frozen veggies in a simple packet?Would you sue LG for making mobile phones?

Would you sue Matel for making toy basketballs?

Remember, unless the company is trying to claim that they are making BANDAI tamagotchis they are quite entitled to make virtual pets. Every product has a company that will sell a homebrand version... something that is same as the brand name but cheaper and a little less good quality. Think about it.. you can get expensive shoes and cheap shoes. You can get brand name food products or your can get savings or Woolies brand. There is the game ConnectFour and another company makes LineUpFour which is the same game just named differently and cheaper. :D

You can't sue a company for making their own version of a product even if it does the same thing. :gozarutchi: You can only sue if they are claiming to be something they are not... i.e. putting a Bandai logo on their own product.
They put the licensed Tams on the front of the package!!

If sueing was possible for a ten year old, yes
You can sue at any age, accually. There was a young girl about 20 years ago, she was 6, and she sued for getting extremley bad mouthing at school and the procleple did nothing.

I wouldnt sue "em. They just make their own V-PET.

Therefore it would stop fakes appearing, I wouldnt sue "em.

People are getting carried away with this Sueing thing, People are getting stressed and worked up.

And they are sayin" "SUE SUE!" It is not up to you, it is up to Bandai or another trusted person. :lol: Like admin:)

No. They make their own round virtual pet.

I mean. Its round. It connects. Big whoop. They don't say "OUR VIRTUAL PET, SPECIALLY MADE" and put up a tamagotchi, now do they?

Yes, I would sue Wal-Mart. Only because it sucks.

But no, JD's shouldn't be sued, but it's annoying if they can connect to the REAL tamagotchi's, that's just messed.

Ehh....

Right now, then no.

But if they write down something like "Tamagotchi for sale!!!", then maybe.

I don't like JD very much anyway xP

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with JD is that they're calling their products 'Tamagotchis" which is already a copyrighted brand name. If they just made their own little virtual pets and called it something else this topic wouldn't exist. ^_^

The problem with JD is that they're calling their products 'Tamagotchis" which is already a copyrighted brand name. If they just made their own little virtual pets and called it something else this topic wouldn't exist. ^_^
No they're not. In ebay auctions they put down Tamagotchi in the auction title, but thats not the thing on the package. If you look closely, most of them say "Tamogotchi".

I won't sue them, but they copied the characters and the design. They do not claim to be a BanDai product but the copy most of the features that Tamagotchi has. But I'm not sure how to call them now....But they're not real to me.

I wouldn't sue JD, but I'd be super sore if I bought a bogus Tama & it fell apart or something. :rolleyes: If it exploded, however, I'd sue and bring a bazooka to court to make sure I win my case.

Bell Sprout has a point. I just buy real BanDai ones (I have NEVER seen a JD or other fake in stores!! :eek: ) Just don't buy JD! There is no point suing JD because:

• They don't spell Tamagotchi right (they spell something like Tamogotch)
  • They don't claim to be BanDai (although there is a JD product called a BanDai Similar)
  • They ARE allowed to do it. As said above it's like Safeway and Coles. They both sell similar things
  • IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.

They you have it. And anyway, JD doesn't ge the glory. So there is NO point to complain.

Here's hope this matter is solved.

Thank you,

Well, you can't sue for making another virtual pet by the same name. However, I am sure that JD is paying royalties to Bandai for the character designs, much like Bratz corporation was paying royalties to Barbie. But either way, it's just a carbon copy, and come on, you have to have a couple of those around to make the search for a real tama fun, right?

Would you sue Savings for making cheaper frozen veggies in a simple packet?Would you sue LG for making mobile phones?

Would you sue Matel for making toy basketballs?

Remember, unless the company is trying to claim that they are making BANDAI tamagotchis they are quite entitled to make virtual pets. Every product has a company that will sell a homebrand version... something that is same as the brand name but cheaper and a little less good quality. Think about it.. you can get expensive shoes and cheap shoes. You can get brand name food products or your can get savings or Woolies brand. There is the game ConnectFour and another company makes LineUpFour which is the same game just named differently and cheaper. :p

You can't sue a company for making their own version of a product even if it does the same thing. :eek: You can only sue if they are claiming to be something they are not... i.e. putting a Bandai logo on their own product.
Well It would be OK if they were called something else, but they are using the tamagotchi charicters and the name. SUE E'M BABY XD :lol:

Bell Sprout has a point. I just buy real BanDai ones (I have NEVER seen a JD or other fake in stores!! :p ) Just don't buy JD! There is no point suing JD because:
  • They don't spell Tamagotchi right (they spell something like Tamogotch)
  • They don't claim to be BanDai (although there is a JD product called a BanDai Similar)
  • They ARE allowed to do it. As said above it's like Safeway and Coles. They both sell similar things
  • IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.
They you have it. And anyway, JD doesn't ge the glory. So there is NO point to complain.

Here's hope this matter is solved.

Thank you,
Tamagotch? Well according to Wikipedia, In japan they call tamagotchis "tamagotch". But they "JD" is way baaaaaaaaaaad. :lol:

why sue them? it's not like they're saying "we made it, it's ours, bandai copied us"

is it? :D

I saw a JD on Sunday, it looked ALMOST real, except the name said "Tama Family" instead of "Familitchi" or "FamiTama".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back