would you sue JD?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you sue JD for fake tams?

• yes! they should be sued for making all those fake tams!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no! no way! they have a right to make 'virtual pets' fake or no.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no, no, sue the fake tam vendors!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ehh, i really dont care.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a fake Tamagotchi commercial that was was found by the Tamatalk member ~Christail~ .

She lives in Australia,and says this commercial was found when Saturday morning cartoons were finishing their programs.

Here is what she says about it:

When: June 2005

What it said: It definately said this: "You can grow your tamagotchi's up to work, get married or live."

Hmm..considering this issue..

I would say they should be sued for copying...it is illegal. Like pirated digital media. It is best to get originals as they are ones who made it in the first place and should rightfully get their money's worth. But there are some of us who cannot afford or unable to obtain them (for whatever reason). So it is a cheaper alternative, if it actually works. But, due to this circumstance, the quality of the product would be significantly(most of the time) reduced, hence affecting it's durability/playability as compared to an original. But what are we to say? In which case, the only ones who can sue them are the original makers of the items, not us.

------------------

I would disagree on sueing tama venders. As they may or may not know that they are selling fakes. And if they are, they have purchased it from whatever source and would result in loss of their money etc. Say a vender gets sued, but he doesn't have the money to pay for it and is the sole bread provider of the family. What would your conscience say? They only source and sell, the item's originality does not really concern them, as long as it sells, unless they're passionate about customer satisfaction.

That is all I have to say.

Well.. a lot of name brand company makes generic brands. I think Bandai would've already sue'd if so.

In fact a Tamagotchi JD is pretty decent, but it doesn't lives up to the expectations of a BandDai brand.

Would you sue Savings for making cheaper frozen veggies in a simple packet?Would you sue LG for making mobile phones?

Would you sue Matel for making toy basketballs?

Remember, unless the company is trying to claim that they are making BANDAI tamagotchis they are quite entitled to make virtual pets. Every product has a company that will sell a homebrand version... something that is same as the brand name but cheaper and a little less good quality. Think about it.. you can get expensive shoes and cheap shoes. You can get brand name food products or your can get savings or Woolies brand. There is the game ConnectFour and another company makes LineUpFour which is the same game just named differently and cheaper. ;)

You can't sue a company for making their own version of a product even if it does the same thing. ;) You can only sue if they are claiming to be something they are not... i.e. putting a Bandai logo on their own product.
I was going to say sue them, but bell sprout has a point!

:huh: :huh: :huh:

You sue people on a professional level.

Not on a personal level, because you hate people making their own version of tamagotchi's.

I wouldn't, only consideering the fact that they've been around so long I'm sure that someone else has or something, and they are still around...

I dunno, I'd be upset with them, that's dang sure

sueing is unnesassry. but anyway who is this JD anyway? add a link to these "fake tamas".

Considering how long JD has been around,I think that if BanDai thought that they could sue, they would have done it by now.

And to all those who keep post along the lines of "I HATE ALL THOSE FAKE TAMA MAKERS! SUE!"Get over it. If you don't want them, don't buy them! <_<

P.S to the above poster, if you search around this forum, I'm pretty sure that you'll find plenty of links. :)

Considering how long JD has been around, I think that if BanDai thought that they could sue, they would have done it by now.
And to all those who keep post along the lines of "I HATE ALL THOSE FAKE TAMA MAKERS! SUE!"Get over it. If you don't want them, don't buy them! :p

P.S to the above poster, if you search around this forum, I'm pretty sure that you'll find plenty of links. :p
-nods- Mhm, totally right.

-------------------------

Tamagotchi Jidan's website: Click

Or Made In China Click

i like the jd pets because of there desin and color but what i haet is that they copied the tama color

now that bellsprout mentions it GUESS WHAT?

THEREE ARE HUNDREDS OF VIRTUAL PETS OUT THERE!

THEY ARE PROBABLY ALL FUN AND COOL! ;) :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

Also you guys have to realize, yes it is illegal to copy, hence "copyright". It is illegal in the US and many other countries, but not all. The copyright laws are different in different countries, it also complicates things because Bandai is based in Japan and JD is in China. Two different countries = different laws.

i whouldent sue them because they are macking mysteriouse toys but they have to stop copying bandi

I think that would be up to BanDai. If they wanted to sue I'm sure they would do it if they considered JD and other companies a threat to their business, and for copying characters, etc. However, I don't think they see them as much of a problem so they let them be. Just don't buy JD's or any other companies' products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back