you know you're obsessed when...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you give them names, even on a version where you can't input names, like the Tama-Go (hehe, I do that! Rachel and Ozzy at the moment!)

You have two or more of the same version (2 Tama-Gos here - Rachel and Ozzy mentioned above!)

You made a Tama-house for them, complete with little beds and stuff, from an old cardboard box (Yep!)

You try to get every single character, even bad care, just to say you've had every single character. (I did this on V5 for families. I tried to get either Petite or Ninja family [having had every other family] and ended up accidentally killing them in the process)

You name them after other obsessions! (Okay, maybe not so much obsessed with Tamas, as the other obsessions...) (Done this 3 times, all to do with Survivor - Music Star 10th and 11th generation band Survivor, Tama-Go blue, 5th generation Fabio [winner of Survivor: Nicaragua], Tama-Go blue, 11th generation [current] Ozzy)

Yeah, all me!

Last edited by a moderator:
...when u take them dogwalking under your coat and talk to them randomly about anything from bakugan to the birds you see on the route! I do the same for my Pokewalker(a tama-pedometer like thingy that you can transfer pokemon onto and level them up by walking!) man im so sad

and I make them houses and i take them in the bathroom too! :-D however i keep them dormant in term time as i hav so much homework and a school i could never sneak tamas into :(

^( I have a poke' walker but the pedometer part stopped working :[ so now the 'walkers batteries are emergency tama batteries)

-I take mine to the bathroom, and I'm going to take them all on vacation to orlando florida this sunday!

-when you run three at a time because you HAVE the time,

-and when you log about them :] I love reading-writing logs.

-and if you doodle a lot about a fourth of your drawings are tamas (at the mo. my other three fourths is Zelda stuff)

These are getting a bit trickier! I don't every cry about Tamas...right, I'm not obsessed in that one way, but I honestly can't help it.

I really want to run another Tama now for no reason. I'm allowed 2 at a time and I only have my +C running...I could try my V2...or possibly a V4, so I have some company at school...I'm confused!!

A FOURTH of my drawings are supposed to be Tamas? Just a FOURTH? Why, 100% of my drawings are Tamas!

I dislike it when I take my +C to the bathroom to have my shower and I have to bury it in my pyjamas to stop it either distracting me by evolving or animatedly watching me getting changed XD.

I mostly don't talk to my Tamas because I'm not allowed to. It's not an official family rule, but I know my parents would disapprove of it and my brother would ask awkward questions.

~ Dazzmina ~

'PoesRaven'

When you talk to them

kiss them good night

sit them around you when you watch your shows

gain the nickname tama mama [or dada for the men ;) ]

talk tamas with your family and show off that cute character you got

their beeps are sometimes more effective than your alarm clock and could probably wake you from a coma

hold contests with your tamas, the ones that win get a special spot on your person when you go on trips [so they can see the world the rest stay in your pocket]

you keep them in your hoodie pocket when it is cold out so they are warm

name them after characters from your favorite shows or characters you have created

save up for tamagotchis all the time and get them in the order of your most wanted, going into in depth research, to decide which ones they will be [getting them all eventually of course]

the most effective way to get you to talk is by taking your tamagotchi away from you

if you take a nap you set your tamagotchis next to your pillow in case they beep for you

in case you don't notice... I am guilty of all... I am a sad excuse for an adult v_v

I talk to them. I do not kiss them. I have them watch shows with me. I have been given nicknames for my love of them. I will talk with anyone about tamas and love showing some friends at work my character. The beep will often wake me up in the middle of a dead sleep if I've got the sound on. I used to have contests with them as to who would come with, but now it's just straight up the iD-L. I always have it in my pocket so that it doesn't get really cold - I just imagine how chilly it would be for them, even in their own little house. I always try and name them. I've always got in mind some Tama that I would like to purchase with the upcoming pay or savings account balance. I can multitask perfectly so having to speak without the Tama isn't a need. And yes, finally, I do put it near me, often in my hand when I'm taking a nap.

'ZuZu'

when you take ALL your tamas with you on vacation, even if you know you wont use half of them. just so, y'know, you can keep an eye on em' (whut)

if you have special places on their bed-side table for them to "sleep" on.

aaaand

if you sometimes fall asleep holding your iDL cuz yu were watching it sleep, and wake up in the morning(still holding tama) wondering what's wrong with you.

that's all I can think of for this morning.

I don't take them all. It has its' own special place to sleep. I do often fall asleep with it on my pillow, beside my pillow or in my hand.

'TicTax'

I do those things to and more like

freak out when you've missed placed your un paused tamagotchi,talk about tamagotchis with some friends and also tamatalk even though they hate tamagotchis and tamatalk.

I have panic attacks when I've come to the realization that it's gone missing from the place I thought I had left it, paused or not. And again, I will talk to anyone about it - they're apart of my passion, so everyone else can bugger off.

'Aubrey Hepburn'

When you're 25 years old, have collected them for all 15 years they have been out, and have 150+ all taking a bookshelf as a display. Not to mention all the Tamagotchi paraphernalia I have boxed up for safe keeping.

Oh yeah, and the ONLY thing I EVER dust is my collection. hehee..

23 years old, have been an avid collector, even when my collection had been cut well over half due to an emergency relocation of myself.

'PoesRaven'

Oh I forgot one! You feed your tama meals that fit with the day

ex. Morning: Ceral for breakfast or omelet, or any other breakfast food

Lunch: Sandwiches, pizza slices, bread etc

Dinner: Everything else.

Absolutely I do that, to a fault almost.

'sakura-san123'

When you kiss each tama good nite

When you are always checking on them every 2 mins.

When you take them EVERYWHERE with you (even school)

When you make little beds for them out of little craft boxes or even shoe boxes for something more luxrious :p

When you tell them all your secrets and talk to them

When you give them speical foods as treats and eat when you do.

I don't do all of these things, but i use to do most of them in the past :D

Sakura-san123 <3

I do not kiss them goodnight. I am checking them very often, even at work at my desk. I take them everywhere, obviously, as I just mentioned work and my desk. I often make little crafted things for them, and make sure they'd be as comfy as possible as if they could truly tell me. I talk to them often. And I do give treats and such.

'Shopgirl998'

You're obsessed if...

-You talk to your tamas

-You call them your babies

-You cry when they get married or die

-You kiss them goodnight

-You put one in the plastic bag so you can play with it in the shower :rolleyes:

I do talk to my Tamas. I do call them my babies. I get a little upset when I'm having to start a new generation because every day is a new experience with the relative character I have then. I do feel like I'm doing them a huge honour and service by marrying them off, how adorable. I do not kiss them goodnight. I haven't put it in a plastic bag, but Goddess knows I've considered it.

'ZuZu'

When you go:

• aughhhhhhh..... I Hate care misses, they're so hard to get!
  • and wherever you go you have a "first aid kit" for tamas, (ie. extra batteries, screwdriver that is small enough to open back panel/press re-set button, a plastic bag, a cleaning cloth, a few extra hair bands [i put my Tamas on hairbands then put them on my wrist])
  • If you spend a few minutes on special occasions deciding whether to put on this accsesory or that one.

Lol I'm going on vacation for the holidays too, though it's not really "vacation", It'll be tons of fun, but then usually people go on vaction to go to a warmer place. but us? We're going from sunny California to Sunny(er) Florida, hah. figures.

I am always wondering about Care Misses, and if I've managed to actually stop playing and taking care of it enough to frigin GET a CM. I always have a small screwdriver with me, and 2 extra batteries, whichever they are depending on the model, a cleaning cloth and an extra length of string in case the one I have messes off on my tama and I. And I do ponder quite often as to what accessory to loop along with my gorgeous Tamababy :)

When your Tama has not died by accident in a whole year

When you make it its own special bedroom, and put all your best sewing/painting/drawing in to decorate it

When you run as many as you're allowed to (2 Tamas at once limit over here)

When you rush to the computer to update your log the minute you get home

When you spend all your pocket money on Tamas

When you rush your Tama to the Game Center as soon as it loses a happy heart

When your Tama never gets care misses, unless you're trying or it's a difficult day (e.g. beach outing with friends, like I did today)

I do all those things and all the stuff other people have said, unless it involves crying about Tamas. I'm not exactly proud of it, but I never cry about Tamas. The tears just don't seem to come.

~ Dazzmina ~

- When you take your tama to school, even when you're too embarresed to let anyone see it.

-when you take your tama too church, and care for it even when they are busy praying.

- when your mother gets crazy because you yell everytime something happend (things like: Jobs, marriage, age..)

- when everything you talk about, is only about tamas.

Yes people, That's all I do, when I have a tama, I do all of this.. ^^

Everything the rest of the people here said, I did too. Only i didn't do was the Crying thing, Like

dazzilitchigirl Said.

The only thing you actually like researching is Tamas.

You get money for X-mas. What do you spend it on? Duh, the Princess Spacy that hasn't even come out yet!

You get family members Tamas for presents instead of what they actually want.

When you do get them said Tama, you rip open the package with your teeth... FOR THEM, and then give them an hour long tutorial with so much information even you'd have a hard time remembering it all.

-You put one in the plastic bag so you can play with it in the shower :rolleyes:
LOL i thought i was the only one!
Funny story: We were on vacation this summer(my family and I), and well at the airport someone was checking are bags, and when they got to me I heard someone say Drugs!?!?!? I was like What!(I don't let anyone i don't know is capable of taking care of tamas even touch mine) and these people where unscrewing them!!!!! I was about to cry when, One by one they give my tamas back!!!!! i started to Download them again And telling them how much I love them And kissing them! the people at the airport were like " what the heck" but i didn't care i love them too much ; )

The only thing you actually like researching is Tamas.

You get money for X-mas. What do you spend it on? Duh, the Princess Spacy that hasn't even come out yet!

You get family members Tamas for presents instead of what they actually want.

When you do get them said Tama, you rip open the package with your teeth... FOR THEM, and then give them an hour long tutorial with so much information even you'd have a hard time remembering it all.
You don't get money for Xmas. You want the Princess Spacy that hasn't even come out yet. So you spend hours making stuff to sell to make money. (That's me) P.S. You say you want to collect Tamas, well, I think if you keep buying every new Tama you can get your hands on, you'll end up with quite a large number of different types of iD L's, without even realising it!

nizidafabie, I take mine to school, my family is not religious so we don't go to church, and when I just talk about Tamas I get banned from them for a week.

gozarutchi: Your parents must have been super mad! If mine caught me doing anything but sensibly putting the Tamas back in my suitcase, they would probably take them away for the entire vacation we were going on! But once, my brother had a ball full of blue liquid, and the airport people thought it was dangerous so they put it in a yellow bin for dangerous items, but my brother cried so they gave it back. It was not a dangerous item, I bet they were relieved when they got news that our flight had landed safely. :) But I recently took all my 21 Tamas in an aeroplane and the ariport people just dismissed them as childrens toys. Whew!

~ Dazzmina ~

- If you drop it, you check everywhere if it has scratches.

- If there's chipped paint, you freak out.

gozarutchi: Your parents must have been super mad! If mine caught me doing anything but sensibly putting the Tamas back in my suitcase, they would probably take them away for the entire vacation we were going on! But once, my brother had a ball full of blue liquid, and the airport people thought it was dangerous so they put it in a yellow bin for dangerous items, but my brother cried so they gave it back. It was not a dangerous item, I bet they were relieved when they got news that our flight had landed safely. :) But I recently took all my 21 Tamas in an aeroplane and the ariport people just dismissed them as childrens toys. Whew!

~ Dazzmina ~
They were a little at first, but i do crazy stuff like that all the time so they got over it :)

More examples:

-Have a box wrapped of like a present including the fowling: AAA Batteries for ID L and Tamago, The round batteries(both sizes)For every other Tamagotchi, Ten different sizes of screw drivers, a bag of rice(in case the fall in the water). That you call your "Gift of Life" and carry it almost everywhere

-You start screaming at your tam because it called for you attention when it needed nothing, and then you start crying when you put it in a time out, and then you have a big long talk to you tam about how you only did it "Because I Love You"

-When they get married you dress up and stage all you stuffed animals and tamas in a position like a wedding, with your tamagotchi at the alter, and you preform a ceremony and then start to cry uncontrollably.

-If someone on the street took your tamagochi, you would follow them to another country with a knife screaming bloody murder, and when you catch them you give them a warning, then you just stab them and take the Tamagotchi and start kissing it uncontrollably(I've never done this but i would).

I do all of these(Except the last one). all my friend are scared to go in my room because thats were i keep my tamas(My friends call them Erika's TAMA GODS :p . they think touching them will make them cursed forever.

You touch my tamas= death

on Vacation and been pasueng my tamas a bit :( been so occupied with cousins and crazy uncles it's been difficult. and I'm starting to get frustrated with the happiness bar on the iDL.

-when you feel upset that you don't have time to play w/ tamas. :D

They were a little at first, but i do crazy stuff like that all the time so they got over it :)

More examples:

-Have a box wrapped of like a present including the fowling: AAA Batteries for ID L and Tamago, The round batteries(both sizes)For every other Tamagotchi, Ten different sizes of screw drivers, a bag of rice(in case the fall in the water). That you call your "Gift of Life" and carry it almost everywhere

-You start screaming at your tam because it called for you attention when it needed nothing, and then you start crying when you put it in a time out, and then you have a big long talk to you tam about how you only did it "Because I Love You"

-When they get married you dress up and stage all you stuffed animals and tamas in a position like a wedding, with your tamagotchi at the alter, and you preform a ceremony and then start to cry uncontrollably.

-If someone on the street took your tamagochi, you would follow them to another country with a knife screaming bloody murder, and when you catch them you give them a warning, then you just stab them and take the Tamagotchi and start kissing it uncontrollably(I've never done this but i would).

I do all of these(Except the last one). all my friend are scared to go in my room because thats were i keep my tamas(My friends call them Erika's TAMA GODS :p . they think touching them will make them cursed forever.
Okay. I do NOT do that. If I did one of those things, if I cried about Tamas, my parents would literally kill me. More like, kill my Tamas. Literally. If they ever caught me kissing or talking to a Tama, they would...I don't know. It depends on what I was actually doing, and what the circumstances were. If I was kissing my Tamagotchi in the middle of a city (or airport ;) ) and people were staring at me, I'd be banned from Tamas for life. However, if I said "good night" to them quietly in my room, my parents wouldn't really get mad. I've never got caught doing anything I "shouldn't be" with Tamas, but I probably will, some day. Let's just hope it's not something "bad".

I've come really close to doing these things, but I always freaked out about getting caught right as soon as I was going to do it. I dislike putting my Tamas in time out, and I've almost screamed at them sometimes. I do stuffed toy marriage ceremonies more than Tama ones, but I've come pretty close when I got my Tama married at the beach and almost cried. And the last one, my parents would definitely NOT let me do that. And anyway, don't you keep your Tamas really protected so no-one can take them? So do I.

Anyway, some examples:

When you get really really mad at yourself and punch yourself a thousand times in bed because you used to torture and kill Tamas (that's me :( )

When you ALSO get really mad at yourself for breaking/debugging X Tama (that's me too :( )

And you ALSO get really mad at yourself because you never cry about Tamas (my worst fault. I used to be proud of it, but if your pet dies, you cry. And a Tama doesn't qualify as a pet if you don't cry about it)

When you get teased at school and still continue to play Tamas

When, if you never cry about Tamas, you ALMOST do

If you were at the airport, and you did a quick suitcase check and you found your favourite Tama was dead, would you:

a. Scream and cry etc.

b. Get upset but not really show it

c. Distract yourself and deal with it later

d. Not really mind very much

e. Not care at all

When you answer A in the above question. (That exact thing happened to me about a year ago. I did B - get upset but not really show it. It was my favourite Tama, after all)

When you collect Tamas

When you want every new Tama release

~ Dazzmina ~

Okay. I do NOT do that. If I did one of those things, if I cried about Tamas, my parents would literally kill me. More like, kill my Tamas.

~ Dazzmina ~
That's true. Last night I asked my mom what she would do if I often got upset about Tamas dying: She'd have a "serious talk" with me about whether it was a "good idea" to have them. I mean, of course it is a good idea! Like scary stuff is in the spirit of Halloween, getting sad about Tamas dying is in the spirit of Tamas. After all, my mom says it's okay to get upset about real pets dying and it's just part of having pets, but that doesn't apply with Tamas?! Whatever. Now I know to continue never crying about Tamas. :(

I can't think of any stuff today...it's all been said already...

~ Dazzmina ~

When you have a small basket with a ton of cotton balls in it for your Tamagotchi to sleep in that is in a protected place and you get super mad if anyone DARES to intrude in that place. (Guilty.)

Or when you go to the Tamagotchi Memorial and read through some of the topics and get extremely sad because of all the dead Tamas.

I talk to my Tamagotchi very often. My parents see no fault in it (thankfully). I have never cried about a Tamagotchi dieing, but I usually don't cry about anything anyways. :rolleyes:

you talk to each tama even if the battery is dead, every night you must say goodnight and apologize for any that you missed

perfect characters are always on-screen, even if it must be secretly they are always with you. you nearly cry if your tama dies, and get sad if its the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back