you know you're obsessed when...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And wherever you go you have a "first aid kit" for tamas, (ie. extra batteries, screwdriver that is small enough to open back panel/press reset button, a plastic bag, a cleaning cloth, a few extra hair bands (I put my Tamas on hairbands then put them on my wrist)
^When you use this post as a guide to make a First Aid kit for Tamas. xD

The quoted post was made by Zuzu, but for some reason Tama Talk won't let me post it with the time stamp. :huh:

When you make sure that your tama/s are by your side at ALL times.

When you get all fustrated about them if you realize you don't have them with you, and then you stat to think they have died.

When you keep wanting to start up more tamas, but you can't because you know you won't be able to handle them all.

When you talk to them and get all happy for them if they go to the toilet or win a game.

I just thought of these now hehe.

Sakura <3 :p

I know I'm obsessed, because I use my tamagotchi more then my phone or clocks to check time

I'll waste time on a test making sure my tama goes to school

put them very close to my face when I take naps in case they beep for me

I write in my journals about the cool/cute things they did, or they're accomplishments

I talk to my friends baout them, even though they COULD NOT care less

I try to convince people to buy their own to reignite the tama craze O.O

EDIT: OOPS! Wrong topic. Can an admin move this for me please??

Last edited by a moderator:
when you start buying random accessoiries for it without even thinking

when you blog about it everytime you clean up it's poo or when it calls for attention

When you put a thumb-tack on the wall above/next to your head where you sleep so you can keep an eye on it

When you obsess over things in craft stores because it would be perfect to decorate your tamagotchi

When you design new tama characters and give them names and descriptions in hopes that one day Bandai will test out user-submitted characters

Design entirely new Tamagotchi versions and designs on paper, in hopes of ^

Buy a TON of food from the shops to match them up with the meals or snacks you're eating. (Hamburger, fish, omelette, pear, grapes, juice)

Make an army of Tama characters out of polymer clay

Your parents roll their eyes every time you get on a Tamagotchi rant

You're sick and stay home from school, and instead of watching TV or playing video games, you rack up Gpoints on your Tama

You've donated over 20,000 gotchi points to the King so far

You flip out every time your Tamagotchi evolves

When you misplace your Tama, you turn the house upside down to find it, then realize it's been with you the whole time

When your parents tell you to shut off your Tama at the dinner table, you just mute it and play it under the table between bites ^w^

Your heart starts pounding when someone replies to your TamaTalk post

You count your money when a new Tamagotchi version comes out

You put your tama in multiple ziploc bags so you can take it into the pool/shower/bath

You rubberband your Tama to the handlebard of your bike so you can glance down at it while you're biking

When you go somewhere new, you show your Tamagotchi the area

You bring your Tama to school every day so it can learn too (or so you can play and NOT learn)

Your computer background and screensavers are Tamagotchi-themed

You've bought more than 20 Tamagotchi-themed items off of Ebay/Amazon

You make little pouches for your Tama to be carried in

Your purse/manbag(lol) has a special compartment for your Tama (I remember getting a gorgeous purse one Christmas, and when I saw it, all I could exclaim about was that the front pocket was the perfect size for my new v4 Tamagotchi)

You play your Tamagotchi on mute during school assemblies

You have defied the school rules of "no electronics during the school hours"

You watched all of the Anime Tamagotchis

You've considered naming pets after characters.

Sadly, I'm guilty of most of these. It's sick how far we'll go with these things xD

I don't call myself guilty. Call yourself a great Tama parent, it's much better than saying you're guilty.

My parents once made this rule: No Tamagotchis at the dinner table. So I put my Tamas away at the dinner table. But nowadays, I keep my Tama(s) with me at all times, and anyway there's no need for that rule anymore because I don't play with Tamas during dinner. I do at restaurants though, if they need attention :D doesn't it absolutely drive you crazy when your family don't know the difference between playing with a Tama and taking care of it? Well, when I'm in the middle of a needy baby stage, my mom always says "stop playing with that!". I thought playing was something you LIKE doing? (I hate Tama baby stages)

Anyway...

When you will NOT pause them, no matter how much everybody tells you to

When you get teased at school but you retaliate and still love Tamas

When you play with them/take care of them in public, no matter how many weird looks you get

When you cry/almost cry if they die (my Tama died yesterday... :( )

When you keep buying stuff for your Tamas, ending up with so many accessories your favourite Tama's too clustered with them to sneak it into school

When you NEED every new version that comes out, and if earning money yourself fails, you plead your parents for next year's pocket money in advance

When you want an infrared phone for iD L downloads so much, you go round all the phone shops in town looking for something with infrared

When you get someone else hooked on Tamas

When you make your Tamas their own special

When, as soon as you get up, you check your Tama and play with it until your mom yells that you're going to be late for school (I hope my recent doings of this don't show up in my report!)

I'm gonna go post somewhere else now.

~ Dazzmina ~

When you put a thumb-tack on the wall above/next to your head where you sleep so you can keep an eye on it
Omg I do this too!

I've got my V1, TamaGo, and V3 hanging up next to me on the wall right now :}

Last edited by a moderator:
^When you use this post as a guide to make a First Aid kit for Tamas. xD
Lol I did that too.

When your friends are checking their phones for messages, you're checking your tama.

When you completely ignore the post you're typing to care for your tama because it rang just now.

When you beg people for money so you can order that new iD L you have your eye on off eBay.

When you adjust your tama's time so it can celebrate holidays with you (I did that for new year's)

When you fill up a camera memory card with photos of your tama to put on your log.

I did most of these.....xP

When you take them with you everywhere...watching TV, eating, outside, using the net, during class, in the bathroom...

Yes, that's what I do!

When you stay up till midnight then set the time to watch them evolve (I do this lots)

When you give them attention the second they beep

If you get a bad care character, you pity it and take care of it

When you check the movie age rating to make sure they're suitable for your Tama. (XD I do this, I take my Tama out of the room if it's rated higher than my Tama's age :p )

If you're bored, you either check your Tama, go on TamaTalk or go on eBay to look for Tamas.

When you do lots of Tama related stuff even when you're not bored.

When you get home from school and are running a version you can't sneak in, you rush to unpause your Tama before even taking your shoes off

I do them all :) But it's not fair, most of the movies I watch are rated PG so my 4-year-old Meloditchi certainly can't watch them! :(

~ Dazzmina ~

When you talk to them ;]

and when you pretend they talk back (what kind of a fourteen year old is this?!)

when you feel happy just knowing one is running and in your pocket.

when you die of sadness when they die :'{

when you stand up for your tamas when your friend tell you that Bandai is teaching kids how to Pimp (that's why they were designed for kids. -_- so thoes comments would never be made)

Well DON'T look it up in the dictionary... :rolleyes:

And to those of you that just looked it up, thanks. :p

When you start having a conversation with your tama's and you know people are looking at you wierdly, but you don't care anyway.

When you refer to them as your babies.

When you arrange marriages and make your other tamas watch them get married.

(i got called crazy at school, but who cares?)

:babytchi:

Sometimes you're so obsessed with Tamas you DON'T take them to school because they might get lost or stolen. There's currently a mystery thief at my school, so me and my friend have stopped taking our Tamas in. Oh well - that means I can have 2 colourful dolphin charms attached to my V4! :D

When you move to another room becase it has a great shelf for your Tama collection, and it's smaller so your mom won't keep bugging you to tidy it, so you can have more Tama time!

In the move, you need to get rid of a chest of drawers full of your old stuff. You find a load of stuff you made at your old sewing club - that's for your Tamas - and your old Gameboy, to sell so you can buy that P2 you've got your eye on.

You also discover a lost Tamagotchi in the move. You scream and immediately grab some batteries to start it up.

You're expecting your TMGC+C, the one you wanted for over a year, and it's really delayed, so you stand by the window waiting for hours and jumping whenever a delivery van comes into view.

You sell half your stuff on eBay to buy an iD L

When you get the iD L, you sell yet more stuff to get the infrared phone for downloads

Your birthday wishlist looks like this: Tamagotchi P1 and iD L 15th Anniversary, Tamagotchi Party On Wii game, Tamagotchi Corner Shop 3. NOTHING NON-TAMAGOTCHI PLEASE!!!!

Your Christmas wishlist looks the same.

You use everything physically possible to decorate your Tama.

That's all I can think of right now...I do all of them, or would if I got the chance. But most of them, like the room-moving (but not finding the Tama) and expecting the TMGC+C are things that have really happened to me.

~ Dazzmina ~

You check Tamatalk before you check Facebook

Anyone who sees you knows immediately to ask how your Tama is doing

You get your friends hooked on Tamas

You order so many Tamas that you constantly have to think, "which one is coming in the mail??"

You have your mom make you a custom purse specifically for your iD L. :)

pfff- sorry, I had to put up what I did.... that's really what my friends said. -_-

ANWAYS

-You obsessively squeal every time there's more available information on the iDL Spacy.

-You feel really depressed because your iDL got a glitch which makes the current tama move back to tamaplanet within twenty-four hours (I need to buy a new iDL, hence the Spacy sqeal)

-You feel the need to obsessively prepare to protect your next iDL to the best of your ability and fuss about how you can do so for an hour.

-You talk to your little tama about stuff.

-You actually carry on a conversation with it somehow. "hey Nev, how are you? Oh shut up, you don't NEED that ufo. Well... all right XD"

- And all that fun stuff. :L

You check Tamatalk before you check Facebook

Anyone who sees you knows immediately to ask how your Tama is doing

You get your friends hooked on Tamas

You order so many Tamas that you constantly have to think, "which one is coming in the mail??"

You have your mom make you a custom purse specifically for your iD L. :)
Or...you don't have Facebook because you spend so much time on TamaTalk! :D

~ Dazzmina ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back