Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Tamagotchi 15th vintage P1/P2 hatch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Inmyroomreb

• inmyroomreb user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:19 PM ( #52 )

I'm gonna start today as well. I have to open at work tomorrow and I don't want a little baby to be worrying about. Hope that's cool.

Maybe not... I can't get the back off. There's one screw keeping it together and I've twisted it bald, trying to get it out...

Any suggestions how to get the screw out?

Edited by Inmyroomreb, 18 November 2011 - 07:31 PM.

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:26 PM ( #53 )

Here we go!

At 5:40 PM, my baby Tama boy hatched. I've named him Duyi which means "independent wholeness" in Chinese.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

He was happy to make his presence known by beeping and jumping around for attention. I could tell he was literally starved for some food and play time. So we played a few games and ate A LOT to make sure Duyi's Happiness and Hunger meters were full. He's definitely going to be a welcome addition!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Between uploading pictures, Duyi is still hungry for attention and food. I think I've got 20 more minutes of constant care-taking and then Duyi should evolve. The first hour is always entertaining as the P1/P2's demand your undivided attention. I like that, it brings me into the NOW, which is something a lot of people in Western culture, including myself, struggle with. So thanks Duyi, I can tell that our limited time together will be a great experience.

Posted Image

Looks like he thinks so, too!

Hope everyone has had a great first day of this hatch! Looking forward to all the updates. More from Duyi and I tomorrow...

Edited by graficks, 19 November 2011 - 07:29 PM.

My_Kuchipatchi_Is_Emerald

• my-kuchipatchi-is-emerald user photo

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:38 PM ( #54 )

I don't have any pictures right now, but I just hatched mine into a cute babytchi. I fed him some food and played several games with him :)
EDIT, He just evolved into tonmarutchi! The guy that looks like a shark! :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by My_Kuchipatchi_Is_Emerald, 19 November 2011 - 08:40 PM.

rex

• rex user photo

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:57 PM ( #55 )

Excited to start the hatch! I went to get new batteries for my Tamagotchi this morning and a few moments later... a bouncing egg!

Posted Image

I hatched my Tamagotchi at 11:21 AM. I haven't decided if it's a boy or a girl. I think I've been calling her "she" but I'm not sure... I definitely don't have a name yet!

Posted Image

I had one care miss today :(. I went out to dinner with my friends and time got away from me. I caught one discipline call but that's it... I was traveling to my home town (Happy Thanksgiving!) for the holiday this week and had my music on loudly... could have missed some beeps. :huh: I reeeaaally don't want Tarakotchi... I got him on here the last time I played this Tama (in high school! ...I'm in grad-school now) and never played it again.

Love the pictures graficks! :) I love the pictures of the egg hatching! They're so cute! I'm glad we both snapped one. :)

Edit: Made the pictures smaller!

Edited by rex, 19 November 2011 - 09:14 PM.

TicTax

• tictax user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:47 AM ( #56 )

Well you've seen the pic of the egg.I've finally got my tamagotchi to work I just have to press the buttions with a screw driver to make them work :) so heres my baby :) Posted Image

heres my toddler Posted Image

Edited by TicTax, 20 November 2011 - 12:25 PM.

desiraeisdesirae

• desiraeisdesirae user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:46 PM ( #57 )

The batteries in my P1 died yesterday, and this morning when I went to the store looking for P1 batteries I couldn't find any :( Sorry guys. I'm going to continue to watch the hatch though, everyone looks like they're already having such fun

PoesRaven

• poesraven user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:18 PM ( #58 )

Just hatched my p1 today! I don't have any pictures just yet, right now it is just a little glob thing but I find it to be as cute as a button :D So far I haven't taken my eye off it, it has hardly a chance to poop before i am already at the ducky! Also do not allow a single heart to drop oh yeah! Good character for me! ... I hope <_<

graficks

• graficks user photo

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:24 PM ( #59 )

Duyi is doing exceptionally well today. Yesterday he was up and down; all the pooping and sick time made him absolutely exhausted...so he took a quick nap and evolved approximately one hour after hatching.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

After evolving, Duyi was hungry. (who wouldn't be after a growth spurt of that calibre?) I fed him until he was full, but that didn't stop him from enjoying a piece of cake. I'm sure he would have ate plenty more if I offered it to him. (I have a soft spot for cake too, so I don't blame him in the slightest!)

Soon after eating, we played a few games to fill his Happiness and Hunger meters. What an evening!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Duyi grew tired and fell asleep, I'm sure he was exhausted - I would be too!

Posted Image

Today we were out and about around the city. I may have missed a discipline call or two, but no worries, I'm sure he'll grow into a fine adult. Before sitting down to update my hatch log, I noticed Duyi had pooped and was grinning ear to ear. Unfortunately, I couldn't snap a picture quick enough before going back to his routine bouncing. What a little devil, but it made me laugh so I guess he was just having fun. Funny way to make me laugh though! I don't think a joke on that level would fly so well in the human world!

@rex - glad you were able to capture your Tamagotchi hatching, that specific animation is definitely one of the cutest. Also, your shell design is so interesting! I just love all the little cow drawings, they're too adorable.

That's all from me today. I'll be updating sometime later this week as I've got some major publication projects on my plate that are deadline heavy. I'm glad I'll have Duyi along with me to supply encouragement.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:14 PM ( #60 )

Day 1 of Anniversary Hatch

Hello, fellow hatchers! I finally have a chance to relax and catch up on my logging. I’m happy to let you know that I hatched my P2 yesterday morning (November 19) before I headed off to watch another football game on a wonderful Saturday afternoon. If I remember correctly, the care period between the baby and toddler stages is about 60-70 minutes so I made sure to time it so that I would be at home taking as many pictures as I could before going to the game. I don’t take pictures very well in cars. :D Anyway, here is a glimpse of what happened after I hatched my P2.

After much debating on whether or not I should hatch both my P2s, I decided to just hatch my transparent yellow P2. This P2 is very special to me because it is an exact replica of the very first Tamagotchi I bought back in 1999. I still have my old P2 but…let’s just say it’s been well-worn. XD All that’s left are some spare parts, as you can see in the picture below. It's been soldered and re-soldered multiples times, pixels have gone out, the sound disabled, you name it.

Posted Image
What's left of my first Tamagotchi.

I was very lucky to find a new one for a fantastic price back in 2007, when I got back into Tamagotchis for good. I love the transparent shell designs.

Posted Image

Onward to the hatch! Brace yourselves; I tend to take loads of pictures. :D I might have to make separate posts because each post only takes 10 pictures.

I set the time for 10:10 am. I can’t tell you how awesome it felt to watch this tiny, pulsating egg on a black and white screen again.

Posted Image Posted Image

This definitely takes me back to that summer day in 1999 when I hatched a Tamagotchi for the very first time. I was so excited to play with it that I wasn’t even out of the mall (where I got my first Tamagotchi) yet when I started playing with it. :D

Back to the present moment (you’ll find me getting really nostalgic during this hatch XD)! 5 minutes later, a ringing was heard and the egg started shaking! The egg hatched and out came a Shirobabitchi.

Such a cute little blob. I’m not sure what I’m naming my Tamagotchi yet. I think most of the characters on the P2 would be considered males these days but then there’s Mimitchi, whom I consider a female character. I’m going to have to think about that one. I have a tendency to think of my vintage Tamagotchi characters as males though. Maybe I’ll go with the character name right now until I find a name for my Tamagotchi (although I may slip up and call him a “he;” I can pretty much guarantee that).

Shirobabitchi immediately called for attention and so I fed my baby first. There is a choice between the meal (hamburger) and the snack (cake). One meal shades in one hunger heart and increases weight by one pound, and one snack shades in one happiness heart and increases weight by 2 pounds.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
What he looks like when he's happy :)

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:28 PM ( #61 )

Day 1 of Anniversary Hatch (continued)

I proceeded to play the game. The objective of the game is to predict if the number on the right (which isn't revealed until you make your decision) will be lower (press A) or higher (press B ) than the number displayed on the left. Numbers possible are 1 through 9. Getting 3 out of 5 correct will increase happiness levels, as usual. I guessed perfectly on my very first game!

About 15 minutes after the egg first hatched, Shirobabitchi pooped for the first time. I managed to get some pictures of this happening. I had to grab my camera and snap them really quickly, hence the blurriness of the first picture, but I got what I was looking for: a picture of Shirobabitchi’s face right after it happens. It’s so adorable…and hilarious. XD In the first picture, Shirobabitchi is just kind of wiggling in concentration and then boom! Present for me. :P I promptly cleaned up the mess.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Not sure when exactly it happened but I think Shirobabitchi got sick at around 10:50 am. My baby did not like the taste of the medicine I gave but it did the trick. It wore him out so much that he fell asleep for his first nap after that. Naps take about 5 minutes so he was up shortly afterward. Don't forget to turn out the lights!

After Shirobabitchi woke up, the age counter under the stats meter showed that my baby was 1 year old. My, how they grow up so quickly. :P

Posted Image

Speaking of growing up, Shirobabitchi evolved into Tonmarutchi somewhere between 60 and 70 minutes after hatching. I almost missed the transition, which is why the first picture is so blurry but there he is!

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:37 PM ( #62 )

Day 1 of Anniversary Hatch (last part, I promise! :D)

It was a fairly uneventful day after all that. Even though I was on the road, I managed to catch 2 discipline calls, bringing the discipline meter up to 50%, so I was happy about that. I’m not sure which character I’m aiming for yet.

Posted Image
On the road...don't worry, I'm not the one driving. :P

First discipline call and reaction after disciplined.

This might be a little silly but I had to get a picture of my Tamagotchi chain hooked onto my belt loop. XD This is how I carried my Tamagotchi on me for the rest of the day. Don't you just miss the days when you could just slip your Tamagotchi into your pocket or hook it on to one of your belt loops and carry it around like it's no big thing? I love the size of the vintage Tamagotchis. I used to hook mine onto my belt loop all the time. Ah, good times.

Posted Image

I’m really excited to be participating in this hatch. I haven’t played with a P2 in ages. That’s all I had for the first day of the hatch. The first day is always the most exciting one and although there's lots to tell in the coming days, I don't think I'll have as many pictures as I did for the first day, so I apologize for bombarding you all with tons of pictures. :P I'll be back soon for more updates on my end! I love all the pictures and stories so far and I can’t wait to hear more!

Aubrey Hepburn

• aubrey-hepburn user photo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:10 AM ( #63 )

No pics til I create an account, but my P1 just turned into a Tamatchi, and P2 into a Tongaritchi earlier tonight. I wanted the not so desirable adults(Kusatchi rules!), as I have a soft spot for them, but alas I could't bring myself to neglect them enough. lol More updates later!

Alicefly

• alicefly user photo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:12 AM ( #64 )

I hatched mine on Saturday as planned, but didn't get a chance to upload pictures until now :P

I hatched my red P2, and was delighted to see this little guy:

Posted ImagePosted Image

I always liked the P2 baby better than the P1, just because they have one eye higher than the other :P Actually I have a very vague memory of having a book about Tamagotchis (probably not an official one) and it said that they are called 'Isaiah eyes', but now I'm older, I just realised that Isaiah is a name, and it sounds like 'eyes higher', so it was probably meant to be a play on words.... has anybody else heard that one before? :P

I thought about naming him Isaiah, but instead I named him Peanut, because he was born next to a bowl of them XD I would have put him in and taken an amusing picture but had second thoughts about getting him covered in salt ^__^'

I did, however, take a picture of him with my Digimon, Allen, who has since evolved into Angemon:

Posted Image

It wasn't long before little Peanut grew tired of rolling around on the bottom of the screen and decided that the air above was the place to be. And so he transformed into Tonmarutchi:

Posted Image

My official 'Tamagotchi Pet Care Guide and Record Book' says this of Tonamarutchi:

Though still a baby, Tonmarutchi is developing a taste for some pretty grown-up foods-

like nachos, liquorice, and milkshakes! Just like the first generation, this phase is

extremely important. Your pet's brain is developing, and it's up to you what happens

in the next phase (dream pet or dead pet).

That's a lot of pressure to put on the target demographic of 3-6 year-olds! And me! I went to watch Tintin at the pictures yesterday, and when I came out, poor Peanut was dying! He's okay now, but I feel like such a bad parent T_T I'll get a bad-care character for sure!

rex

• rex user photo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:34 PM ( #65 )

Quick update and some pictures from me as I've been busy writing a paper:

Yesterday my nameless Tamagotchi (I'll have a name for him soon I promise--at least I've established that he is a he!) got sick so I figured today I would be seeing him grow to the next stage. and lo and behold he did! He's super cute now. Here are a few pictures of us playing a game:

Posted ImagePosted Image

and here's a picture of him with his sister (he seemed lonely so I started another one yesterday; I won't be logging her but they are cute!):

Posted Image

I had a care miss so I thought I'd get the bad care teen but I think? that's the good care teen? Hurray! His discipline was at three quarters before he changed and now it's at half. It says he's 20 oz too... he got chubby when he grew up ;)

This hatch makes me remember why I got into Tamagotchis in the first place! Great pictures and logs. :)

OldSchoolTama

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:01 PM ( #66 )

November 20, 2011 Ė Day 2

Hey, all! Tonmarutchi and I checking in again. I figured Iíd get this done right now since Iíll by swamped with work later today. Day 2, though less eventful than the day of the hatch, was still bursting with fun times. Looking back, Iíd say I did a fair job at keeping Tonmarutchi full and happy.

Posted Image

I donít recall letting my Tamagotchi call for food or games at all today. There was a call for attention in the morning though. I noticed my toddler refused food and wouldnít play the game. This was a discipline opportunity. Tonmarutchi looked ashamed for being mischievous though, so instead of calling it ďdiscipline,Ē I just gently chided my toddler. I know, Iím a big softie. :D Still wasnít happy about being reprimanded though. After that third (total so far) discipline call, I made sure to play the game with my toddler and feed my P2 some treats. That seemed to cheer up my toddler a bit.

Making a mess and getting cleaned up

Around 5 oí clock in the evening, Tonmarutchi got sick.

"Blech, medicine!"

This lets me know that an evolution will happen pretty soon. Iím hoping my P2 will evolve tomorrow because Iím going to have to pause my Tamagotchi on Tuesday for my 12-hour clinical day, so I'd prefer if it happened before then.

Posted Image
Tonmarutchi says, "Goodnight!"

graficks

• graficks user photo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:35 PM ( #67 )

I had some free time today while at work to snap a few pictures so I thought I would update on Duyi's progress! Overall, Duyi was very well behaved and well mannered - with the exception of pooping and becoming ill within minutes of each other. But, in typical Duyi fashion, a little clean-up followed by a nice treat and some play time proved to heal him back to his usual content, bubbly self. (I got busy and forgot to take a picture - take my word for it.)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Duyi weighs in at approximately 16 lbs today and I managed to catch both of his discipline calls - I feel very attentive :) I'm not sure exactly where this will take his character development, but I'm assuming it will be a good character. I consider myself to be quite retentive when it comes to care and cleanliness, hopefully this doesn't rub off on Duyi in a negative way. I just want to make sure he grows up to be a well behaved and mannered Tama!

Before I took these pictures, I popped into the gym and left Duyi in my gym bag. He's quite content in his fancy, little case. And my gym bag isn't so bad either...except for the smelly socks. Whoops, sorry Duyi!

At home. Weight looks heathy and discipline bar full!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Just a small update today. I'm loving this hatch and seeing everyone's progress. I'll never forget the day I received this Tamagotchi. I was in Junior High (I know, I'm dating myself) and my best friend at the time came running up to me; he was very excited. He had 5 new P2's in his arms and offered one to me, but I had no idea what the heck it was - I had never seen one of these before! He quickly explained to me what it was and I thought, "Well, this sounds like fun!" I picked this one and as soon as school was out, I jumped on the school bus, opened the box, pulled the tab and voila: a little, pulsating egg presented itself. I was so intrigued and curious as to what this little device would do next. Those next few weeks were a lot of fun, sharing stories with friends and talking about our characters in class - gosh those were good days. I wonder if my coworkers would participate in hatching a Tamagotchi if I supplied them with one?? Hmmm - it's a far stretch, but I don't think so! LOL

One more little update: because Tamagotchi's birthday is quickly approaching, I came across a close-up image of the purple 15th Anniversary ID L and thought I would share it. Nice hey?

Posted Image

That's all for now! Until next time!

Alicefly

• alicefly user photo

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:24 PM ( #68 )

I'm loving this thread too! Graficks I am in love with your shell design! And your picture of the 15th anniversary ID L got me all excited for Christmas (I'm getting the pink one) :D

Also OldSchoolTama keep posting loads of pictures! I love seeing them all :P

My Tamagotchi transformed once more earlier today. He decided to grow two handsome legs XD

Posted Image

Tongaritchi:

This darling little bundle of energy will tug at your heartstrings. Still at the toddler stage,

Tongaritchi will run all over the place.The garden is its favourite spot, where it loves to eat

veggies- especially corn.

~The Official Tamagotchi Care Guide and Record Book

†