Tamagotchi 15th vintage P1/P2 hatch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@rex and My_Kuchipatchi_Is_Emerald - both of your vintages are fantastic! In fact, everyone's vintages are looking like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting pictures!

The vintage I'll be hatching. Just received the case in the mail today! The orange doesn't match exactly, but I think it gives my worn, little P2 that little extra flare.

212b794c.jpg
d2e7bad0.jpg

Seeing as everyone else is posting pictures, here's the one I'll be using:

IMG00205-20111028-1857.jpg

I've used it many times in the past, but it's not my favourite P2. I still have the receipt in the box from the day I purchased it.

graficks: Does your P1/P2-sized case allow you to press the buttons whilst enclosed, or does it need popping open?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Stu_Dee_Jay: originally I thought the case had a front opening that would allow the buttons to be pressed, but this is not that case unfortunately. The plastic portion over the buttons is slightly raised only as an aesthetic feature, the buttons actually don't need the extra space from I can see. So yes, it does need popping open. Regardless, I love how the case complements the orange colour in the leopard print pattern. I'm a stickler for all things matching!

FYI - I think it's absolutely fantastic you kept the receipt from one of your vintages. From what I can see, you paid cash?
cool.gif

FYI - I think it's absolutely fantastic you kept the receipt from one of your vintages. From what I can see, you paid cash?
cool.gif
I believe one of my old Digimon V1's also has a receipt still in its case. Yes, I did pay cash. I bought it from the Argos in Barnley, South Yorkshire in 2008 (December, I seem to recall), and I believe it cost £9.98 (without actually going upstairs and checking it.) I had a choice of colours when I went to pick it up, and that was my favourite of the limited selection available.

Those cases are a great idea, especially for Tamas with designs printed on the shells like yours. My original P1 had the clock face design almost completely rubbed off it before I lost it somewhere in the house.

~~~

Anyhoo, back on topic: it's good to see so much interest in this hatch. It's obvious that such a milestone is meaningful to plenty of us. :D

I will be posting again in the near future, but this is cool. I'm seriously thinking about joining this hatch coming up if able to :)

And yes I know the whole "maybe" reply is kind of bad for here lol. I am seriously looking into doing it though since I've been on hiatus running anything in a while. Even my boyfriend's been on me about starting something! Haha.

Hey, would absolutely love to join this hatch! I wish I had my original P1 tamagotchi but um <_< little me ripped the buttons out of it so I will be entering with one I got off of Ebay. Now I have a question, could someone please tell me how Group hatches work? This is the first time I ever participated in one.

Hi PoesRaven - welcome to TamaTalk! So glad you could join us. This hatch is actually the first for many users, including myself. For a quick over-view of what a group hatch entails, see this post by Admin. Here are a few rules that will also give you a good idea of how group hatches work - and you may even want to create your own at some point!

Each group hatch entails different rules, so if you click the pink banner in my signature you will see a list of rules and participants for this specific hatch. Once again, welcome and so glad to have you join us!

I have a tama but I'm not really sure if it's a p2 or p3. It has orange and purple Hawaiian flowers and hot pink background.

I have a tama but I'm not really sure if it's a p2 or p3. It has orange and purple Hawaiian flowers and hot pink background.
Hi there! As far as the "P's" go, there are only P1 and P2 vintage Tamagotchis. You might be confusing P1/P2 (which are vintage Tamagotchis without an infrared port; released in the '90s) with V1/V2 (Connection Tamagotchis with an infrared port; released around 2004) Does it look like this?

Tamagotchi-Connection-Version-2-Tropical-Fun.jpg

If so, it's a V2 Connection Tamagotchi.

By the way, you can generally tell which Connection you have based on the antenna (or lack thereof). V1s and V2s don't have antennas and V1s tend to have simpler shell designs than V2s. V3s have a small vertical antenna. V4s have a ball at the end of the antenna. V5s have a triangle at the end of the antenna to make it look like the roof of a house. V6s (or Music Stars) don't have antennas either but their shell designs tend to be related to music.

Hi there! As far as the "P's" go, there are only P1 and P2 vintage Tamagotchis. You might be confusing P1/P2 (which are vintage Tamagotchis without an infrared port; released in the '90s) with V1/V2 (Connection Tamagotchis with an infrared port; released around 2004) Does it look like this?

Tamagotchi-Connection-Version-2-Tropical-Fun.jpg

If so, it's a V2 Connection Tamagotchi.

By the way, you can generally tell which Connection you have based on the antenna (or lack thereof). V1s and V2s don't have antennas and V1s tend to have simpler shell designs than V2s. V3s have a small vertical antenna. V4s have a ball at the end of the antenna. V5s have a triangle at the end of the antenna to make it look like the roof of a house. V6s (or Music Stars) don't have antennas either but their shell designs tend to be related to music.
Yep, that's the one.

I'd like to join. I've been wanting to restart this guy for a while.

P2-ShellDesign-1.jpg

I hope he still works.

I think I may join in. It's been a few months since I ran a tamagotchi and I haven't played with my clear shell p1 since I bought it.

And I understand that "maybe" is kind of frowned upon, but I'm really starting to get excited about the hatch and trying out my oldie that I never got to play with. I just have sort of a rough schedule to work around sometimes so I'm hoping I can remember to hatch the little guy and hopefully I'll have the time to care for him.

@Inmyroomreb: No worries at all! The last day to signup for the hatch is November 17 so hopefully that will give you enough time to figure out your schedule. Just post back here when you know and we'll go from there. I hope you can make it!

This is going to be a awesome hatch thanks for those that are participating the hatch starts in 5 days :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back