Tamagotchi 15th vintage P1/P2 hatch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to join. I've been wanting to restart this guy for a while.

P2-ShellDesign-1.jpg

I hope he still works.
wow you have the same one i do

@Alicefly - so glad you are joining! Yay! I'm excited too, just need to get batteries before it all begins.
Just got my batteries today :D Thinking of opening a brand new one especially (clear pink)... not sure if I want to open it thought as it's the only one new in box I have :S Decisions decisions!

Either way guys, it's going to be one of these:

2uoq64i.png

That red one on the top left was the very first Tamagotchi I ever laid eyes on. I got it for Christmas when I was 7, back in the 90's. It came with me to primary school and the first half of high school. It's been 15 years since I got it- maybe that would make it the perfect one to use for the 15th anniversary hatch :) It's very special to me anyway.

Love your original red P2, I think you should hatch that one and keep the other sealed in its packaging. I'm sure the temptation to open the package is hard to resist, especially with that shell!

Alrighty…registration for the hatch is now CLOSED. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in the hatch, because of you this is going to be a TON of FUN! Thanks to OldSchoolTama for keeping the list of current participants up-to-date, it's very much appreciated. Also, a big thanks to Admin for promoting the hatch by putting the promo graphic in his signature even though he is not participating…so very awesome of you!

Saturday is the big day…so see you all then! :wacko:

Will you guys hate me if I hatch today, the 18th? lol I'm sick today so I just might start early for some company. xD

Hey Aubrey! I'm sorry you feel sick - I hope you get better over the weekend. I think your idea is great, hatch your little vintages to give us inspiration for the official starting date! If it will make you feel better, I'd say go for it!

On second thought, if anyone else wants to hatch their vintages to keep Aubrey company perhaps today is a good day to start! I will be hatching tomorrow because I work today, but if current members wish to hatch today, then so be it. Have fun everyone!

I'm way to exited to wait I'm going to most likey hatch after school :)

Yeah I WAY to exited I'm hatching right now :) I'm also very happy that i discovered that my local Vons has the LR44 battery 1 packs for $1.19 each!! so lets get early hatching :D heres my egg
awesomep1egg.jpg
will post more when baby comes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna start today as well. I have to open at work tomorrow and I don't want a little baby to be worrying about. Hope that's cool.

Maybe not... I can't get the back off. There's one screw keeping it together and I've twisted it bald, trying to get it out...

Any suggestions how to get the screw out?

Here we go!

At 5:40 PM, my baby Tama boy hatched. I've named him Duyi which means "independent wholeness" in Chinese.

2d9196f5.jpg
6df0b5ce.jpg
5a445ebd.jpg

He was happy to make his presence known by beeping and jumping around for attention. I could tell he was literally starved for some food and play time. So we played a few games and ate A LOT to make sure Duyi's Happiness and Hunger meters were full. He's definitely going to be a welcome addition!

d8ef2a03.jpg
f4d15bad.jpg
2d4e1083.jpg

Between uploading pictures, Duyi is still hungry for attention and food. I think I've got 20 more minutes of constant care-taking and then Duyi should evolve. The first hour is always entertaining as the P1/P2's demand your undivided attention. I like that, it brings me into the NOW, which is something a lot of people in Western culture, including myself, struggle with. So thanks Duyi, I can tell that our limited time together will be a great experience.

dfca79a1.jpg

Looks like he thinks so, too!

Hope everyone has had a great first day of this hatch! Looking forward to all the updates. More from Duyi and I tomorrow...

I don't have any pictures right now, but I just hatched mine into a cute babytchi. I fed him some food and played several games with him :)

EDIT, He just evolved into tonmarutchi! The guy that looks like a shark! :D :D :D :D :D

Excited to start the hatch! I went to get new batteries for my Tamagotchi this morning and a few moments later... a bouncing egg!

IMG_0848-2.jpg

I hatched my Tamagotchi at 11:21 AM. I haven't decided if it's a boy or a girl. I think I've been calling her "she" but I'm not sure... I definitely don't have a name yet!

IMG_0860-2.jpg

I had one care miss today :( . I went out to dinner with my friends and time got away from me. I caught one discipline call but that's it... I was traveling to my home town (Happy Thanksgiving!) for the holiday this week and had my music on loudly... could have missed some beeps. :huh: I reeeaaally don't want Tarakotchi... I got him on here the last time I played this Tama (in high school! ...I'm in grad-school now) and never played it again.

Love the pictures graficks! :) I love the pictures of the egg hatching! They're so cute! I'm glad we both snapped one. :)

Edit: Made the pictures smaller!

Well you've seen the pic of the egg.I've finally got my tamagotchi to work I just have to press the buttions with a screw driver to make them work :) so heres my baby :)
stuff043.jpg

heres my toddler
tama.jpg

The batteries in my P1 died yesterday, and this morning when I went to the store looking for P1 batteries I couldn't find any :( Sorry guys. I'm going to continue to watch the hatch though, everyone looks like they're already having such fun

Just hatched my p1 today! I don't have any pictures just yet, right now it is just a little glob thing but I find it to be as cute as a button :D So far I haven't taken my eye off it, it has hardly a chance to poop before i am already at the ducky! Also do not allow a single heart to drop oh yeah! Good character for me! ... I hope <_<

Duyi is doing exceptionally well today. Yesterday he was up and down; all the pooping and sick time made him absolutely exhausted...so he took a quick nap and evolved approximately one hour after hatching.

49e632e0.jpg
e580fc54.jpg
f072c2fa.jpg
be2fb289.jpg

After evolving, Duyi was hungry. (who wouldn't be after a growth spurt of that calibre?) I fed him until he was full, but that didn't stop him from enjoying a piece of cake. I'm sure he would have ate plenty more if I offered it to him. (I have a soft spot for cake too, so I don't blame him in the slightest!)

Soon after eating, we played a few games to fill his Happiness and Hunger meters. What an evening!

7678bb8c.jpg
8b50c60c.jpg
e218afdf.jpg
80d291d5.jpg

Duyi grew tired and fell asleep, I'm sure he was exhausted - I would be too!

2ba0a516.jpg

Today we were out and about around the city. I may have missed a discipline call or two, but no worries, I'm sure he'll grow into a fine adult. Before sitting down to update my hatch log, I noticed Duyi had pooped and was grinning ear to ear. Unfortunately, I couldn't snap a picture quick enough before going back to his routine bouncing. What a little devil, but it made me laugh so I guess he was just having fun. Funny way to make me laugh though! I don't think a joke on that level would fly so well in the human world!

@rex - glad you were able to capture your Tamagotchi hatching, that specific animation is definitely one of the cutest. Also, your shell design is so interesting! I just love all the little cow drawings, they're too adorable.

That's all from me today. I'll be updating sometime later this week as I've got some major publication projects on my plate that are deadline heavy. I'm glad I'll have Duyi along with me to supply encouragement.

Day 1 of Anniversary Hatch

Hello, fellow hatchers! I finally have a chance to relax and catch up on my logging. I’m happy to let you know that I hatched my P2 yesterday morning (November 19) before I headed off to watch another football game on a wonderful Saturday afternoon. If I remember correctly, the care period between the baby and toddler stages is about 60-70 minutes so I made sure to time it so that I would be at home taking as many pictures as I could before going to the game. I don’t take pictures very well in cars. :D Anyway, here is a glimpse of what happened after I hatched my P2.

After much debating on whether or not I should hatch both my P2s, I decided to just hatch my transparent yellow P2. This P2 is very special to me because it is an exact replica of the very first Tamagotchi I bought back in 1999. I still have my old P2 but…let’s just say it’s been well-worn. XD All that’s left are some spare parts, as you can see in the picture below. It's been soldered and re-soldered multiples times, pixels have gone out, the sound disabled, you name it.

IMG_2508-Copy.jpg

What's left of my first Tamagotchi.

I was very lucky to find a new one for a fantastic price back in 2007, when I got back into Tamagotchis for good. I love the transparent shell designs.

IMG_1253.jpg

Onward to the hatch! Brace yourselves; I tend to take loads of pictures. :D I might have to make separate posts because each post only takes 10 pictures.

I set the time for 10:10 am. I can’t tell you how awesome it felt to watch this tiny, pulsating egg on a black and white screen again.

IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1266.jpg

This definitely takes me back to that summer day in 1999 when I hatched a Tamagotchi for the very first time. I was so excited to play with it that I wasn’t even out of the mall (where I got my first Tamagotchi) yet when I started playing with it. :D

Back to the present moment (you’ll find me getting really nostalgic during this hatch XD)! 5 minutes later, a ringing was heard and the egg started shaking! The egg hatched and out came a Shirobabitchi.

IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1271.jpg

Such a cute little blob. I’m not sure what I’m naming my Tamagotchi yet. I think most of the characters on the P2 would be considered males these days but then there’s Mimitchi, whom I consider a female character. I’m going to have to think about that one. I have a tendency to think of my vintage Tamagotchi characters as males though. Maybe I’ll go with the character name right now until I find a name for my Tamagotchi (although I may slip up and call him a “he;” I can pretty much guarantee that).

Shirobabitchi immediately called for attention and so I fed my baby first. There is a choice between the meal (hamburger) and the snack (cake). One meal shades in one hunger heart and increases weight by one pound, and one snack shades in one happiness heart and increases weight by 2 pounds.

IMG_1272.jpg
IMG_1283.jpg
IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

What he looks like when he's happy :)

To be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back