ACWW Animal Crossing Wild World (DS)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love AC:WW, I play it everyday, and I really do think it is the best game... Ever! :)

Stop A Villager Leaving Your Town:

Speak to that villager, and say things like 'Don't go!' or 'That can't be!'.

Then, when the villager replies saying something like 'Wow, you really don't want me to go, maybe I should think it over...', it means they will say.

Also, another good idea is to send them a letter the day they are planning to move. They need to be in the town in the morning to read the letter! ;)

Grabbing A Villager's Attention:

Go to a corner of your town where you know none of your villagers go [you must be outside] and close your DS for around 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, return, and run past a villager that is outside. They might have a ! or " above their head, meaning they want your attention.

Money Rocks:

You need to try each rock in your town, there will be one each day, spitting out money when you hit it with your shovel. May I recommend this position:

O-Hole

#-Rock

*-Your Character

--Empty Space

---O---

O-*-O

--#---

This way, when you hit the rock, your player won't bump back as far, giving you more time to hit the rock, therefore giving you more bells!

Sorry for the double post, the edit time ran out on the one above. ;) I have another tip!

Animal's Houses On Flea Market Day:

On Flea Market day, you go into an animal's house and see a piece of furniture you really want. They say things like 'How did you know that was my favourite?' or, 'I'm not letting that go!'. This is because you don't have enough bells in your pocket. :)

~ Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

i just picked the game to day and i got used so i could get a good town and it worked

TIP: if your picking up ACWW then pick up a used one if you dont wanna make a big town

i just picked the game to day and i got used so i could get a good town and it worked

TIP: if your picking up ACWW then pick up a used one if you dont wanna make a big town
LOL - nice idea, glad you got a good town from the pre-used game :mellow:

But everyone can get a good town... you just play regularly and interact with the animals, plant trees and flowers and have fun.

Actually, I think a lot of the fun is building the town yourself and making it the way you want it to be - that's all part of the game :(

Another tip for Flea Market days :lol:

Although it's useful to go through your stuff and sell off the things you don't want anymore, you don't usually get much more than Tom Nook would pay in the shop anyway.

BUT... You can make the most awesome amounts of bells by selling fish, insects and shells :lol:

Once I had sold all the furniture I didn't want to keep anymore, I just set out all the bugs, fish and shells I had collected during the day.

The animals were paying at least twice (sometimes three times) the price of what I would get if I just took them to Tom Nook

Example:

Sea Bass 140Bells in Tom Nooks but I got 320Bells from one of the animal characters (the cranky personality ones seem to pay the highest prices in my town)!

So the rest of the day, I just went out and caught as much as I could to fill my pockets and set them out in my house. I sold out every time.

LOL I got 250Bells for a Dall's Top sea shell... who'd've thunk?! :D

i have acww for ages now and if u want tips and tricks try this page:Animal crossing tips & codes

yh well i have some:

If u want an animals pictures then send them a letter every day

and talk to them daylie hgopfully this will work because i have all the animals in my towns pics and tom nooks and pascals

p.s how do i become a member at crazy reds?

Last edited by a moderator:
So here I am just discovering how much fun ACWW is to play and I thought it might be useful to start a Tips & Tricks topic to share info for anyone who wants to chip in :D
I am sure that some of these tips will be obvious to more experienced players - but they're useful to know (and share) and they may not be true for every game so post if you have experienced something different ;)

Stop a Character Leaving Town

This has worked every time for me so far (on 4 different animal characters)

Normally you have to spend a lot of time/several visits talking to the animal to stop it leaving and it doesn't always work.

But there are 3 players on my ACWW and if you send each player in turn to visit the animal they always think it over and stay.

Get Extra Bells (helps pay the Mortgage)

Change your setting and move them forwards to New Years eve. Leave it overnight and you'll get a letter from Mom with money as a present

I have not actually used this cheat (I preferred to save up myself) - but I saw it done on another DS.

(Kind of reminds me of re-stocking the Tamagotchi shops by changing the time).

Edit: I just remembered the Warning that comes with this cheat. If you set the time forward like that, you DO have to do a lot of weeding!!!

Extra Rooms in Your House

You can only get Nook to build 4 extra rooms on your house. After that he says he can't build any more.

Is this the same for everyone?

This is the order in which my house was extended:

1. Extra room on first floor

2. Extra room on ground floor (lhs)

3. Extra room on ground floor (rhs)

4. Extra room on ground floor (rear / behind main room)
yes. there's an awesome webbie:

gamefaqs.com

they tell u EVERYTHING!

tamamum, i didn't know you played it!

to be a member (which i was not sure either) i think you come back again anouther day, and finally be a member. but you have to pay!!

tip: before you buy a painting, save you game. go back, then buy it. if it's fake, then don't save: turn the game off.

cool, huh?

mametchi ;)

oh yh and i have a another cheat put all oof your characters bells in one of your charaters savings account then set the date to 2099 then go bakc on that charater u will get a letter from townhall and it will say how much uv ernt then got o town hall and pick it all up just like that other dude said theres alot of weeds and animals may keave town.

Flea Market Day
When an animal has finished buying a few things in your house they kind of pause and just start commenting on things instead of asking the cost of other items you want to sell...

You can get them to start buying again by leaving the room (don't leave the house or they will leave too). Just walk into another room - or head upstairs to the Start room (bedroom), then re-enter the main room of your house.

Using this method I was able to sell every single item in my room - kind of annoying because animals kept visiting and trying to buy (non existant) items!
oh yeah and some of us have second floors i have a floor upstaris then up again the saving room.

p.s noce trick i have done this b4

Cool! Is there any tip to get more money? I need to pay the morgage 120,00 :furawatchi:

Cool! Is there any tip to get more money? I need to pay the morgage 120,00 :)
There's no "cheat" to get more money.

Unless you want to time travel (change the clock date / year) and that brings more problems than it's worth, in my opinion :D

My best tip as a quick way to get money is to shake your trees.

If they're saplings you might get money bags out of them - or furniture you can sell to Tom Nook. Down side is that you can also get bees nests and get stung :(

If they're fruit trees you can sell the fruit to Tom Nook. If it's native fruit (the fruit trees you had when you first started the game) you only get 100 bells per fruit, but exotic fruit - including coconuts (trees you've planted from fruit you've found on the beach / received by mail / from DS to DS visits, etc.) gets 500 bells per fruit.

There's no rush to clear your mortgage tho' :(

Otherwise you just need to keep fishing and selling your catch to Tom Nook. Keep collecting all the shells on the beach and sell them to Tom Nook.

Fossils get quite high prices in the shop too.

Thanks. I tried fishing i left it in for like 15 minutes and no fish came.

To get the bee sting off of your players eye

Save the game then go back on when you pick the person who got the bee sting it wont be there.

.... I tried fishing i left it in for like 15 minutes and no fish came...
Don't cast your fishing line until you see the shadow of a fish in the water, or you're wasting your time ;) Try to aim the rod at the fish and be patient. If the fish is showing no interest, pull the line out and cast it again trying to get it nearer to the fish :D

I see Kaitlin in my town, but I dunno what to do with her.
That's usually because you've recently done DS to DS with another game.

She's looking for her kitten and the kitten is alone in the other game. Kaitlin is usually around for several days and the task is to speak with the kitten and lead it back to Kaitlin. Kaitlin will probably mention the name of the other town if you talk with her.

You have to connect with the other game again and open the town gates and lead the kitten to Kaitlin.

If you are able to do that you get a Thank You letter in the mail with a present. It's a rare gift so you get more HRA points if you display it in your house.

Good Luck !

(The first time I took the kitten back to Kaitlin, I got the "Lovely Phone" - part of that pink set!, the second time I got a Portrait/Painting to display in my house)

Don't cast your fishing line until you see the shadow of a fish in the water, or you're wasting your time :D Try to aim the rod at the fish and be patient. If the fish is showing no interest, pull the line out and cast it again trying to get it nearer to the fish :)
Thanks!

That's usually because you've recently done DS to DS with another game.
She's looking for her kitten and the kitten is alone in the other game. Kaitlin is usually around for several days and the task is to speak with the kitten and lead it back to Kaitlin. Kaitlin will probably mention the name of the other town if you talk with her.

You have to connect with the other game again and open the town gates and lead the kitten to Kaitlin.

If you are able to do that you get a Thank You letter in the mail with a present. It's a rare gift so you get more HRA points if you display it in your house.

Good Luck !
Yeah, I did DS to DS with my older sister.

Ah, yes! Animal Crossing! :D

I brought that game about 2 years ago now, and I played on it literally every day for the first year of owning it! Once you get into that game, it's extremely hard to stop the addiction to it. :(

I very rarely play on it these days as I've pretty much completed it. (payed off all mortgages, lots of spare money in bank, caught all fish and insects, etc...)

Here's my special little trick that you can use to own some of your neighbours best furniture:

First choose a neighbour who owns a particular piece of furniture that you desparately want to be the owner of. (I recommend this cheat especially for neighbours with rare or expensive furniture that is hard to get hold of).

Next, send them a new piece of furniture or accessery with a letter. Check if they've moved out furniture to make room for the new item you've sent them. If they haven't, don't worry, keep sending cheap furniture to them in letters until your favourite piece of their furniture disappears from their house. If they have, go to the town hall and have a look in the recycling bin and find a piece or two of their furniture, then just take it out - you now own it!

The last and best part, either sell it to Tom Nook for big bells (if it's expensive), or go to your house and choose where to put it! ;)

I find this little trick quite handy, and I've earned two thrones out of it! :p (worth 800,000 bells each!) :angry:

-sk8er girl-

I've got a trick to share to every AC: WW player (TM already knows, cause I told her on MSN.):

Duplicating Items

1. Visit your friend's town after s/he opens his/her gates.

2. When you arrive, get your friend to save.

3. After saving, drop the item/s you wanna duplicate.

4. Get them to pick up the item/s, then get your friend to save again.

5. Focus on your DS, and when your arrow spins 6 and a half to 7 times, quickly switch off your DS (a little off and it'll still work, hopefully. Also, if your friend's save screen no longer has the arrow spinning, the trick will not work.)

6. Check both DSes to see if you and your friend have the item/s you wanted to duplicate.

BTW, no, Resetti won't come and rant at you after step 5 when you boot up AC: WW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back