Animal Crossing: Wild World

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know any bugs that appear during the Winter? The only bugs I've caught are the cockroach, pill bug, dung beetle and mole cricket.
Some bugs are "All Year 'Round" and don't just appear in any one season. You've caught the main ones that are around but you can try for:

Bees (from Hives you shake down from the trees)

Fleas (from the animal characters - they ping around the animals head)

Flies (from dropped rubbish)

Otherwise I think you've caught them all as far as special Winter bugs are concerned.

If you catch a tyre, tin can, boot, etc. when you're fishing and drop it on the ground it will attract flies.

You have to leave it on the ground for a while and then come back. If it has attracted a fly you'll hear the buzzing. Get out your net and try to swipe it :D

Catching fleas is difficult. You have to position yourself near to the animal but not facing them because when you press A to swing your net you'll just start a conversation with them - and they get pretty angry if you keep getting their attention to talk and then say "Oops, Never Mind" lol

Good Luck :)

Edit: This site gives a list of all the bugs and when they are in season: https://animalxing.com/collectionsww.php#insects

It mentions Ants too. I've never seen one... but maybe you catch them the same way you catch the fly... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, OK.

BTW, I managed to catch two bees yesterday. Yayness.

I think AC:WW is confusing in my opinion.

I don't really get it.

I'm a n00b at it, so that's probably the reason why.

- xd3vilx

I'm looking for both the Famous and Fine paintings. Will be paying 7840 bells for them.

I'm looking for both the Famous and Fine paintings. Will be paying 7840 bells for them.
Personally, I prefer to wait for them to show up in my town.

Part of the game is to buy them when they become available (either at Tom Nooks shop or in Redd's Tent).

I guess that is what I like about Animal Crossing - there's no crazy competition to "complete/win" the game, it takes twists and turns as you play it out and you can make it last as long as you want - it can give several years of fun ^_^

If you're really keen to get all the collectibles by buying / trading from other game owners, then I recommend the AXA forum run by https://animalxing.com

It's full of active AC:WW players, many with WiFi who do trade items with each other.

The forums have are just undergoing a server upgrade right now, but will return on Jan 18 (if you can wait that long before completing your AC:WW game :eek: )

Oh, OK.

Guess I could just wait till the paintings in Nookingtons appear then.

Oh, OK.
Guess I could just wait till the paintings in Nookingtons appear then.
Uh... if you're prepared to offer 7840 bells for them you may as well buy them in Redd's Tent - he offers a painting for sale pretty much every week and its usually around 3,500 bells, whereas Nook's offers them for much less money, but they are for sale less often - usually as a "spotlight product".

Most of the paintings I have in my museum are bought from Redd.

OK, guess that's what I would do when Redd comes to me on a Monday (I picked that day).

Uh... if you're prepared to offer 7840 bells for them you may as well buy them in Redd's Tent - he offers a painting for sale pretty much every week and its usually around 3,500 bells, whereas Nook's offers them for much less money, but they are for sale less often - usually as a "spotlight product".Most of the paintings I have in my museum are bought from Redd.
How does Redd come to our town?

How does Redd come to our town?
When you first start playing AC:WW, Redd sets up his tent in front of the town hall on a random day of the week (I think).

You can't enter without a password, but if you talk to the animals, one of them will probably tell you what the secret password is.

Use it to get into the tent.

When you get into the tent you have to pay 3,000 bells to become a member.

After that, you will get a letter from Redd each week telling you what the password is and his tent will appear the next day (so don't toss the letter until you've used the password!)

If you buy Insurance from Lyle the weasel (who always visits on a Saturday and hangs around your front door), you get to choose which day you want Redd to visit your town.

When you first start playing AC:WW, Redd sets up his tent in front of the town hall on a random day of the week (I think).
You can't enter without a password, but if you talk to the animals, one of them will probably tell you what the secret password is.

Use it to get into the tent.

When you get into the tent you have to pay 3,000 bells to become a member.

After that, you will get a letter from Redd each week telling you what the password is and his tent will appear the next day (so don't toss the letter until you've used the password!)

If you buy Insurance from Lyle the weasel (who always visits on a Saturday and hangs around your front door), you get to choose which day you want Redd to visit your town.
It didn't happen when I got the game. If I go back to 2000 then the tent comes. Should I do it?

It didn't happen when I got the game. If I go back to 2000 then the tent comes. Should I do it?
I'm no expert on this, but on a normal game, Redd turns up during the first couple of weeks you play.

I can only guess at why you are not getting visits ...

Do you time travel alot (change time and date back and forth) - that might be affecting it, especially if you've not bought the membership.

Do you use any other cheats / codes like AR ?

If the "tent" appears when you set your year to 2000, are you sure it's Redd's (green) tent and not Katrina's (purple) tent?

I can't advise you to set the year back to 2000 - it's your decision ;)

So many things can happen when you time travel - you lose animals, you have a lot of weeds and some nasty flowers - it's just something I avoid doing so I have no advice for time travelling ;) Sorry

What about other visitors like Lyle the Weasel, Saharah the camel, Gracie the Fashion Guru, Wendel the starving Walrus, Pascal the red otter for example - do you ever get any of those either?

I'm no expert on this, but on a normal game, Redd turns up during the first couple of weeks you play.
I can only guess at why you are not getting visits ...

Do you time travel alot (change time and date back and forth) - that might be affecting it, especially if you've not bought the membership.

Do you use any other cheats / codes like AR ?

If the "tent" appears when you set your year to 2000, are you sure it's Redd's (green) tent and not Katrina's (purple) tent?

I can't advise you to set the year back to 2000 - it's your decision ;)

So many things can happen when you time travel - you lose animals, you have a lot of weeds and some nasty flowers - it's just something I avoid doing so I have no advice for time travelling ;) Sorry

What about other visitors like Lyle the Weasel, Saharah the camel, Gracie the Fashion Guru, Wendel the starving Walrus, Pascal the red otter for example - do you ever get any of those either?
It is Redd's tent. I got the password. Katrina came to me today.

I don't use AR. I didn't time travel the first week.

I got Pascel and Gracie(ugh...) and the one who gives turnips.

.... I didn't time travel the first week.I got Pascel and Gracie(ugh...) and the one who gives turnips.
Sorry - I didn't explain that very well ;)

I meant that if you travel back and forth through time on a regular basis, you may be missing the days that Redd is setting up his tent infront of town hall - just a guess of course.

How long (how many days) do you usually run the game without changing the date? Maybe you should try running it normally for a couple of weeks to see if that helps

(Joan the Boar sells turnips every Sunday).

Sorry - I didn't explain that very well ;)
I meant that if you travel back and forth through time on a regular basis, you may be missing the days that Redd is setting up his tent infront of town hall - just a guess of course.

How long (how many days) do you usually run the game without changing the date? Maybe you should try running it normally for a couple of weeks to see if that helps

(Joan the Boar sells turnips every Sunday).
Ok. Thanks!

Also I want to change my hair. Its a pony rigth now. I have Nookington. I what the one when it straigth and blond. Last time I did it I got blond hair with ponies. I don't know what to say to the questions Harriet asks me.

How can I tell when my red turnip is fully grown? It's been in the ground for about... 5 days now.

I have to be honest that most ppl I've spoken with about My Sims have been a little disappointed or frustrated about the game.
I agree I bought it a while ago for wii and it Grinds and freezes up and was very easy to get 5 stars (5 days for me) so im gonna go to Game and exchange it.

I love animal crossing and I've heard they are making it for wii! ^_^

How can I tell when my red turnip is fully grown? It's been in the ground for about... 5 days now.
When you bought your red turnip from Joan, she would have offered to explain how to care for them.

She tells you that you have to water them every day(no misses or it will shrivel up and your money's wasted) and it takes "about a week".

If you're growing the turnip to sell to Tom Nook, I would try to keep growing it for around 8-10 days, before you dig it up and sell.

I got 16,000 bells for a 12 day old red turnip (rough guess - I know it was more than a full week because Joan had visited the town again)

If you're growing the turnip to feed to Wendel for the Red Turnip trade, then you may as well leave it in the ground until he shows up in your town. Then you can dig it up and offer it to him in exchange for the guitar or turban.

I'm waiting for Wendell right now and hoping to get the Turban this time ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back