Bmaster HACKED!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way I am not that dum to do that [SIZE=21pt]DA[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you Thank you!!!!

[SIZE=21pt]Your Welcome Your Welcome!!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D :eek: [/SIZE]

Lone Tree, I have adjusted your warning level back to 0%. All account operations should now be perfectly normal.

Mangorox has been hacked! PANIC!

G+J,

I will be investigating the hacking of Mangorox. I have set my Junior Guides to it. If it is all the same to you I will be reporting to both the Hacking Organisation and Tamatalk News. Ok?

JC

every1 shood change there password evryday den no1 wood hack.

i know sum1 who got hacked

Mangorox has been hacked! PANIC!
G+J,

I will be investigating the hacking of Mangorox. I have set my Junior Guides to it. If it is all the same to you I will be reporting to both the Hacking Organisation and Tamatalk News. Ok?

JC
i also noticed mangorox being hacked i reported it 2 admin because the real mangorox is kind and would never say stuff like that i'll investigate 2 i really already started but i'll investigate 2.

I think it might be a good idea to pin up a notice to advise TamaTalk members to :a) Change their password - now.  Make it really obscure and something only you know - like the name of the dog your dad owned when he was 10yrs old or something similar

:angry: DON'T tell anyone what it is - even if you have friends who you know are members of TamaTalk too

c) Always remember to Log Out after a session and clear your on-line history, so someone using the same computer can't access the sites you have just visited.

Best, etc.

TamaMum
While I most certainly agree with your second and third suggestions, your first would NOT create a secure password. Using a word - any word, even something made up - could easily be decoded if the right information was attained. Even including a few numbers before or after the word will not make it terribly secure. Instead, use a /random/ combination of numbers and letters, both upper and lower case. Examples:

Bad passwords:

-tamagotchi (oh I DO hope no one uses this!)

-password (or this!)

-billy (i.e. your name)

-tygon1223

-(anything shorter than 6 characters)

Good passwords:

-77Hc0Wkl8bb3

-0XlPp249QaqL

etc.

If you have trouble remembering your passwords, write them down on a small card and keep them somewhere safe - do NOT store them on your computer.

As for the "hacking" incidents, they were most likely siblings, relatives, or friends coming across this board and noticing that you, or whomever, was already logged in. The more malicious ones may spam the board or change the password, but this is hardly hacking. It's simply a case of the negligence of the real user.

It is also extremely unlikely that a hacker came along here and started targeting random people and cracking passwords - hackers are always more concerned with breaking into administrative accounts or shutting websites down entirely. If some individual just so happened to get into another's account, it was almost certainly because he /guessed/ that person's password (and in that case, see above for good password ideas).

Furthermore, boards like this tend to be quite secure, assuming that the admin keeps downloading the upgrades. Hacking is generally uncommon in places like this that are kept up to date.

Basically, don't worry about the random account thievery, and make sure you have a good, secure password.

Order Oder! [sorry I haven't came here for a long time] As you might have all known the Admin has a note for the hacked accounts I copied what he said, if you have a Mac and Using Safari please click Safari, services, speech and then start speaking text:

As you all might know, there has been a recent rash of hacking claims here on TamaTalk… I wanted to take this opportunity to clear some things up, issue some things to consider and (hopefully) lay this all to rest so we can return to our love of Tamagotchi pets...

I wanted to first clear up some differences between hacking and unauthorized use of an account. To me, a hacking occurs when some vulnerability in a system is exploited, password guessed or some other “forced” entry into an account. Unauthorized access is when somebody jumps onto your computer and uses the “Remember Me” function or something similar to post. This isn’t a hacked account. This is somebody close to you who just happens to use your home machine or a public computer in which you forgot to log off. If you share your computer (be it at a lab, café or at home) it is a good idea to never select the Remember Me option at login... Also make sure to always click the Log Out link in the top right corner of the page. This keeps you safe and your account private. In regards to passwords… These should ALWAYS be kept private! Only you should know what your password is. Never give it out to a friend or anyone. Passwords should also be difficult to guess and use both numbers and letters in both lower and upper case. Some examples of a good password are GreEN18-Ss or XxtRemPra46 and a bad password would be password or tamatalk or mimitchi or something along those lines. These password tips should be followed for ANY password site you use... Not just TamaTalk.

So what happens if your account is hacked? One reason you want to be careful with your account is that you might be held responsible for somebody else using your account. This might lead to you being banned from the site and/or a report filed with your ISP and proper authorities if appropriate. It can be a very serious matter. I don’t want to scare anyone… But you need to know to be cautious. If you find that your account is being used by another member go to Board Settings and click on the Change Password link. You might also check with a Guide or Admin for help. Accounts might be temporarily suspended while claims are investigated… This isn’t a bad thing... It keeps everyone safe while things are sorted out.

Another concern with the hacking claims trend going on right now is that members seem to cry "hack!" at a moments notice... I have also received countless excuses for misbehavior due to hacking... Did the person's account really get used by somebody else? Or did they just have a bad day, cuss people out for fun and then try to escape their actions by saying somebody else did it? It can be tough to decide! The decision might work against you too… So please think twice before claiming this has occurred to you or somebody else. These investigations take time out from work to improve the site... Any false claims may work against you if you are found to not be telling the truth.

The claims of hacking and such have been very difficult for me to see. TamaTalk is supposed to be a fun place for everyone who shares a common love of everything tama... The fact that people would feel the need to distract others from this love is disheartening... But I guess there will always be a bored kid someplace with nothing better to do.

We appreciate your help in keeping this a fun place for everyone to enjoy. We have a bright future here at TamaTalk... Thanks for joining us and let’s keep it fun!

Admin

I agree to the improvement part which is causing me to leave until the site reaches better improvement, please if you live near the "victim" and consult him/her imeadittly, this is getting serious at this rate the Tamagotchi topies will make tamatalk go from top 1 to top 10! And please I agree make a backup account and call for help! So the distraction can be over! At this rate we will all die from the time the site has made some major improvement!

i also noticed mangorox being hacked i reported it 2 admin because the real mangorox is kind and would never say stuff like that i'll investigate 2 i really already started but i'll investigate 2.
I know, but like the letter said "...Did the person's account really get used by somebody else? Or did they just have a bad day, cuss people out for fun and then try to escape their actions by saying somebody else did it? It can be tough to decide!..."

finially.i found a topic about hacking.i would just like to let everone know that i have been getting PMs and the person who sent them(i dont know who this person is though,because when i look were the name should be theres nothing thetre.not even a letter)said that they hate me and that they know my password,so they're gonna hack me and say mean things and get me banned forever.i dont really think that they know my password because ive never talked about it to anyone,but if this is true,then if i ever say anything mean or unapropriate then this is not me,it is the hacker.i am a very kind person an i would never try to hurt anyones feeling EVER,or say anything inapropriate.im not sure when they will hack me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back