Bullys at school

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually seen news items about that, teachers bullying special needs students, and then denying it. They only get caught by hidden audio recorders on the student and that's how it gets on the news.
Yup, that's the main reason why I take my iPod to school almost every day. I'm in a speical needs class, except it's a class for higher functioning students. My subsitute teacher (my regular teacher vanished and we don't know when she will come back) really likes to pick on her students and once said to one of my classmates: "get your butt out that door before I smack it!"

Not even joking. Bear in mind that I'm not in this class for the whole school day, just for Social Studies and Math. But if I hear one more threat coming from that teacher, the iPod's coming out and I'll report her sorry butt. So you can say that I've been bullied A LOT!

I was bullied throughout my life in school because of my femininity. It got so bad that at one point if I touched something, people would refuse to touch it. And once I had a thorn branch pulled down my back which gave me a skin infection.

I was bullied for years because I wasn't like everyone else. I come from a pretty homogeneous community, where people who break the social norms are pretty much outcasted.

I liked anime, playing make-believe, and music. I marched to the beat of my own drum, and made friends with people who weren't considered "normal" (what defines normal anyway? It differs for everyone!). People made rumors that I was a lesbian, they made fun of my clothes, my hair, my makeup, the fact that I liked school and studying, the fact that I was into theater and music. It was the contributor that lead to my eventual diagnosis of anxiety disorder and depression.

But as I got older, especially toward the end of my high school days, I realized that what they said about me doesn't define me. I define me.

Now that I'm in college, the situation is much better. I have amazing friends and faculty members who are always looking out for me. I have amazing sorority sisters who will have my back through thick and thin. I have an amazing therapist who has helped me to find my self worth again. I have a good family who will always believe in me. I've learned to embrace the good, and that has helped heal the wounds that those people caused. It does get better, even if it doesn't seem like things will ever change.

When I was in high school and anyone bullied me I would go to the principal or a teacher tell them it stopped after that.

I find it very, very strange how in Year 7 (6th grade), you need lots of social skills but simple politeness doesn't matter. Everyone is always saying awkward things to me and I have NO IDEA how to respond. I don't even know whether everyone likes me or hates me, it's so confusing. But people are constantly rude to foreign girls in our class, especially about traditions or fashions in their country, or their English-speaking ability. Even I know it's unkind and unfair what they're doing, they should be helping these people, not bullying them.

Not very much in my school. There's some annoying "popular" kids that think they are so much better than everyone,

and it can get pretty irritateing but thats basicly it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had to endure more than my fair share of bullying at school, and at home. My younger brother has no shred of respect for myself or my mother, and constantly lets us know where we stand in his eyes. At school, I was deemed the "loser" or the "awkward weird one". The actual bullying didn't start until my senior year. I live in a backwater hick town, and I'm originally from Washington DC, so naturally, my family and I typically wear nicer clothes, drive a nicer car, and I suppose I could be called spoiled, even though I'm quite nice lol.

Anyway, people at school hated how I'm not "from around these parts" and made me feel unwelcome every day. I was still nice, I kept my chin up, and focused on my studies. I have some anger issues, however, and eventually, the bullying got so bad, I burst. I made a huge scene at my school calling them all "poor, uneducated backwater hicks", and punched a kid on the face. They didn't like it. It made me the most hated person in my school. I received death threats from just about everyone in my grade, from people in other grades, from people I didn't even know...the list goes on and on. Everyone kept telling me they were going to kick my a**, kill me, run me out of town, all that. I responded to each and every one of them. Hatefully.

I know that's not how I should've handled it, but that's how it happened, and I can't change it. I haven't apologized, and I don't plan on it. At graduation, everyone else got cheers and applause. I got silence, except for the tiny applause from my family.

I spent so long after graduation just seething with rage, plotting the downfall of the entire town (a bit dramatic, but hey, I was angry!). It took me until December of 2012 to actually get my life in order. I knew what I wanted to do in life, and I'm doing it! I put my best foot forward, and I'm not letting anyone stop me. I'm still very angry at my ex-classmates, and I still hope I see them all fail in life. I'm a bit mean in that way... I tend to hold grudges... I've met new people, and have more friends than ever (not from this town lol).

The point I'm trying to make is, don't do anything to make them hate you even more (even though it was worth it for me). After school, take your own route, make yourself so much better than they will ever become!

xoxo,

Pvt. Sunshine

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever since I could remember, my mom always gave me a bowl cut and never let me grow it long. For me, the bowl cut looked exactly like someone placed a bowl on my head and buzzed the rest of my hair off. Because of that funny hairstyle, no one wanted to play with me and called me a boy. I remember one specific bully that really hurt me. In third grade, I was finally allowed to grow my hair like a girl. Even then, he found other things to pick on me for.

That happened to me in Year 4, and later to another Year 3 girl. It was all because I'm "weird".
That happened to me as well in Year 4. The teacher told me to hand out the books so we could mark our maths and no one touched their book! I felt so terrible and sat in the toiet everyday for two weeks but then my Dad realised and it stopped. Everyone forgot about it and I guess I'm happy now :)

Oh and this is where I am according to the *Cool Kids* but I think its just plain stupid

Cool Kids!

***** Me******

2nd Class Kids

Random Kids

I was picked on my entire life, but I had a bad childhood and wasn't raised the way a normal or typical child should have been, so yes, I had behavioral issues. Problems got so bad where the school was decided to get rid of ME instead of the perps, so I had to sit and endure it, even the beatings. Men not being allowed to hit women? BS myth, it happens all the time and not a single person stood up to help me.

It gets better though, once i was in college, I still had terrible fear that lasted for a few years before I realize it was different and people there were actually there to learn, not to form social circles and gang up on people who were different.

Trust me, those of you who feel it's bad now, there's a light at the end, college is a much better environment, mostly because bullies don't go anywhere in life and usually do not go to college because they don't have their lives in order and just want to fool around and not grow up. I've only seen ONE bully at my college years ago who came with me from high school--everyone else vanished, most got into illegal activities, some died/were killed, etc.

The only sad part is, you'll probably face it in the working world usually in the lower end jobs. Sad but true, usually from coworkers who try to one-up you or make you the scapegoat, or bosses who want to look good so they blame their subordinates.

All you can do in the end is just be yourself and happy with who you are--you don't have anyone to live with 24/7 except yourself.

I was bullied a lot in elementary school. Especially in fourth grade. I had this fake friend who talked about me behind my back. It was awful!

It's not so much bullying that upsets me but the fact that nobody cares about it unless you self-harm or something. And even then they don't, because so many teenagers are doing it nowadays it takes more than that to get taken seriously. I'm not bullied myself, but a child my age who was really badly bullied wouldn't be able to speak out about it. Their problem would just be dismissed as attention seeking or moodiness or something. I'm unhappy about a few things but I don't tell anyone because I know they won't do anything about it, so it must be far worse for an child my age who is unhappier than I am.

dazzilitchigirl: I agree especially with the fact that it's an issue when adults/other people don't take it seriously. The last thing somebody who is bullied or has low self esteem wants to hear is "Life is unfair" or "Everybody goes through it" or "Just deal with it."

I literally had an assistant principal with that attitude. This one time, this guy took a part of my friend's lunch and put it in her hair. I was so angry but all I did was yell at him. When we told the assistant principal she said "What? He's so small, you let him get away with that?" I almost felt like she was saying we should have physically retaliated or something. My friend cried in the back of the classroom for the rest of the day, and all the guy had to deal with was "trash duty."

I think the saddest part about bullying is that fact that the bullies don't really know you, for you.

I wasn't picked on in Primary School, but when it came to High School - all hell broke loose. I was picked on for almost everything. And surprisingly, it was the boys who were the perpetrators and not the girls! I have had things thrown at me, yelled at, picked on, things stolen out of my bag and pencil case. I will admit, I was very quiet in High School, had plenty of friends because of my nature, but I believe by having my head down all the time and lacking confidence made me the easiest target.

I remember one thing that made me so very sad - and it wasn't about the bullying. I used to learn German as a subject at school. It wasn't an extremely popular class, and there were only 4 of us (all girls) in the class. We had lessons where it was independent learning without a teacher. This one lesson, a girl who was in a popular group who bullied me, and I, were in class. Instead of doing our work, we just talked. We laughed. We said jokes. Even fitted in a massive conversation. And at the end of it, she said "You know, you aren't really that different from me. I feel really sad that I never talked to you earlier."

I am now seeing the other side of bullying. I am currently finishing a Teaching Degree at University, and as a result - my last prac is with a 5/6 class. I love the class to bits, I have such wonderful kids. But I do occasionally teach the other 5/6 class when the other teacher is on release time. Now that's a different story.

I was teaching PE recently, and these girls in this class were just being outright awful. They were put on a team where apparently another student was 'slow' at the activity, and they told me I should switch the teams to make it fairer. I'm sorry. But who is the teacher here?

I decided to stop the entire class, sat them on the ground, and we had a huge discussion about whether or not it's important to come first - especially in a PE lesson. And in the end, I made these three girls stay on that team. It may sound mean, but two of the girls had a change of heart and cheered the other kid on. I ended up sitting the other girl out because she started targeting the boy in the next game.

Yes, I'm a bit strict. But that boy is entitled to participate - whether he is slow or not. And he felt awful before I slammed my foot down on the problem. The bullying - even if it was only for that lesson - stopped.

I don't tolerate bullying within my classrooms. I've dealt with children from 4 years old to 13 years old, and no matter what class I am in - I will always do a small lesson on bullying, so students understand that I will never, ever tolerate it. (Kindergarten was the fun lesson for this, I pretended to be a big bad bully and took things off kids tables. The kids laughed, but they came up with ways to stop a bully - because in Kindergarten it's mainly personal toys that are the problem).

Anyway, that's just a long winded talk about how I don't tolerate bullies, and how I have adapted my past experiences so it hopefully won't happen when I have a class of my own.

Bullies are the scum of the earth. Scratch that. Bullies are the feces the scum of the earth defecates. And those authority figures who stand by and let it happen are no better. Bullying ruins lives and people dismiss it as "Kids being kids" because they're too lazy to do something about it. They just let the bullies pile it on day after day and year after year and when the victim finally snaps and brings a gun or knife to school and hurts someone people wonder why. There should be a zero tolerance policy in all schools regarding bullying but there isn't because most authority figures are too lazy to enforce it Or they're afraid if they do enforce it the bullies' parents will get involved and sue the school. Never mind that they raised a sociopath that gets his jollies by tormenting people who are weaker than them. We can't have the schools hurting little Mikey's feelings because they won't let him use another human being as a punching bag.

I was bullied so badly I had to drop out of school. I have anxiety issues now that I'm on disability for. Being in a classroom situation induces panic attacks in me which prevents me from going to school to learn how to build robotics like I've always dreamed of. And the one time I actually had enough and decided to fight back I almost took it too far. I picked up a heavy desk and nearly bludgeoned the bully with it before I came to my senses and realized what I was about to do might do serious damage. And since then I continued to take the bullying because I was afraid if I retaliated I'd end up taking it too far. I let them hurt me because I was afraid I'd end up hurting them if I didn't. How messed up is that?

Something needs to be done to prevent this kind of thing and if the bully is expelled and the parents whine about it too bad. They should have thought of that before they raised a little psychopath.

*hugs Robo* I know your feels all too much. I still suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and still am distrustful of people. Took me many years to get more of a handle on it, and it's still a work in progress, but you're not alone. And as for the retaliation, I'm the same. I HAVE hurt bullies before and sometimes I fear what I could do if I were to snap as well. It's awful to think about, yes, but I do admit that sometimes the bullies DO need a good slapping around to get their s*** straight sometimes. Remember that one video of the boy who picked up the bully and slammed him on the ground? Some really do need that to happen to them.

Funny you say about zero tolerance. When i was in school and went through it all, the librarians actually did the most for me. In fact after I graduated, they told me that they both worked extra hard to spot bullying and would push the matter into ending it--talk to other faculty, confront the bullies, get parents involved, etc. It's kinda sad that I had to sort of be the 'martyr' (if that's the correct term) during it all, but since my experiences can now help future students who get the same treatment, I guess I feel it was worth going through it knowing that others will be able to have the help and support they need, you know?

And yes, it all starts with the parents. I am sick of hearing them say "My child would never do that." I swear, most parents are either blind, submissive to even their own children (I've seen it happen, where the mother was actually afraid of her own sons who were only 15 and under and they were a TERROR and even committed animal abuse), or they just don't care and basically have children as tax deductions. Makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back