Do You Actually Like V5?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit baffled by my brand new v5, but I lost all of my other versions. I think it's okay, but I did prefer v3. T.T But what the hay - I'm giving it a shot. XD

I've seen the v5 and i think its going a little far from the other ones, the games are harder, and i think its a lot more complicated. So for now my favorite tamagotchi is the v4.5(although the v3 was very fun as well)

Version 5 does sound good but only if they kept the Mail and School/Job feature, then version 5 would be unstopple for most people,well for me anyways.

Then the older versions V.1,2 and 3 are personally the best. V.2/3 are my favourite. Simple but with a mini shop, TamaTown and thats it. Now with V.5 ITS A MALL x] No but you know what I mean tamagotchis have advanced so much.

Theres the Good then the Bad. V.4 and 4.5 were great as well, then the huge jump with V.5.

Everyones got their own opionion =D

I don't like taking care of 3 characters. I also don't like the pause feature. V5 was too easy. I wish they would sell oceangotchi again, that would be more challenging. :huh:

i love it! i love all versions. there fun. so yes i acualy like them!

I don't like taking care of 3 characters. I also don't like the pause feature. V5 was too easy. I wish they would sell oceangotchi again, that would be more challenging. :mimitchi:
:mimitchi: Now the V5 is a bit simplistic... but I really do like it. I don't want a hard to care for pet... when you care for something like an Ocean you're having one of these paranoia attacks about whether it's okay or not. With my V5 I'm only worried about catching it before it poops so it goes in the toilet... but that's just personal preference. If you want a really challenging virtual pet though, try giga pets... those ones, especially the ones like 101 Dalmatians, make caring for the Ocean look like babysitting an adult. My sister and I just could NOT keep up with that thing.

;) Now, I will say that I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of things you can do with a V5... basically you only care for the lead child and you don't get to interact with the parents. With the V5 you are basically a babysitter for the adult Tamagotchi. The learning curve on the games is steep and the easier games are just too time consuming. The nice part is you can make the characters happy by letting them play with certain toys. Two of the games don't fill any happy hearts even when you beat them, which sucks.

:mimitchi: I think that the bonding points are a bit wonky too. Why should you spend sooo much extra time increacing bonding? Older Tamagotchi worked on the premise that if you took good care of it and responded to all the calls, you'd fill your meters. Here, you have to spend hours trying to get your percentages up and it really gets boring. (I've got it worked out so I can do it from memory

:mimitchi: The last thing that annoys me is the lack of backwards compatibility. Why can't I connect to a V4? That's retarded. My Tamagotchi has no friends. :mimitchi:

Other than that though, it's a nice pet. I do have lots of fun with it. I really like it but I don't think it's the best one out there... a bit more complication might be a nice thing but too much and... well :mimitchi:

I was begging my mum every day to get me a v5. i so badly wanted one! then finally my mum got me one! I was so excited! But now 2 hours later i alredy dont like them as much - my favourite is v3

I dont like v5 because

1. The graphics are blurry

2. it's not the same raising 3 tamas

3. the games aren't as fun

4. there is another thing that i cant explain...its just different

bandi are making them more complicated they are not as good now so i am just going to stick with the older versions

;) :D :furawatchi:

The v.5 is ok.

I like it because it has better features, but it does get boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say you guys made me really worried with this post :)

when I was reading it for the first time I had 2 V5s on the way (for which I paid an awful lot of money) by post from abroad, and I really became a bit disappointed on why I chose to buy them and why not some already known and favoured V4s. I found myself not being excited or happy when I opened the package, and I only opened one of the tamas, cursing myself about why Ieven had to buy two, and planning that unopened I can sell the other if they disappoint me.

I must admit they are really different and I needed time to get used to them not operating the usual way, but after that I really got to like them, and opened the other one too, not willing to sell it anymore. I like them and although I do admit that it became a whole lot easier, and I do miss some features like school and work (and that the characters are not really in the animations of items, so in this case V4s were better, there the animations of items were not only shown over the family), but I have been given other features in return, and a bunch of new characters among which there are pretty lovely and funny ones too. Today my Violetchi married a Planetchi, which, again, made me happy and excited, and I grew to love them even more ^^

Kinda. I mean the characters are cute and that but having a family...TOO FAR ! I mean I think it's a sweet idea and everything but it just makes it too complex. I liked V4 and V4.5 because that was just the right balance for simpleness and complexness.

i dont like it that much eather :p because i cant connect it with any other tamas unless they are v5s and

the parents never leave (unless ur on ur 1 generation). You dont have the weight anymore. The games

are boring to me :p ! You cant send a friend a selected gift from ur items anymore!! :lol:

But.....

[SIZE=14pt]I cant wate till the next version comes out!!! :D [/SIZE]

I dont have a V5, but i like the sound of it. The only paoint that I would like to make is that it is hard enough caring for 1 pet , but now you are going to care for 3! I mean, I guess if you are really good at taking care of a tamagotchi amd you have a lot of time on your hands than the v5 is your kind of tamagotchi. But if not I'd stick to the awesome V4 / V4.5

:eek: :(

To me, the v5 games are way too hard and I really don't see a point in taking care of a family if you only get to play games with 1 main character. So it's like you're taking care of 1 tama with many needs instead of 3. I think if you really wanted to take care of a family then there should be 3 Hungry/Happy statuses. That's just me though. I have 3 v5's but that's only because I like collecting Tamas.

I like the Version 5, with all the new stuff etc, but do agree that they are getting a little bit carried away.

I mean, if you were given a choice over whether to have a Version1 or Version5, I'm sure you'd pick a Version5 because of all the new fun thigns they keep adding,

However I don't think anymore should be added (except characters, games etc) if they make a Version6.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big V5 fan. I'm still in love with my V2. I think that Bandai is going a little too far with bringing all the Tamas from Japan into North America.

I disagree. I wpuld happily agree to have Japan share its Tamagotchi items, but I don't particularly like the v5. I tried to raise one, although I didn't enjoy it that much... I love v3's, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back