Hey Bandai!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think Bandai ripped us off about the V3 stuff?

• Most certainly! V3 stinks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck no! V3 rocks!

• Huh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you Tama_Fan! I mean, they seriously must've had to work practically FOREVER to make that whole thing work for any username! Plus they added new games (and you can earn more points from them) options for feeding, new characters, and even traveling! Isn't there supposed to be a school and cafe soon too? You have to give them credit for all that! Why not look at all the cool new parts of the Version 3 rather than just trying to drag it down because you can't plug it in to your computer? They never promised that! So how did they "rip us off"?

I dont know anything about v3 yet, are they out in England?

I TOTALLY Agree with _Tama_Fan_!

They worked a lot on that

So a NOBODY (sorry :S but that stinks!) can tell them that the V3 stinks!!

So any1 that says that should thinks it FIRST!

I don't think that the actual unit is a rip off- but i do think it is pretty poor form to release the V.3 before TamaTown is complete. At the moment all the V.3 owners are not able to use all it's functions to it's full compacity. That doesn't sound fair to me. If i buy a product i expect to be able to use all it's features as soon as i take it out of the packet - not wait months. I own a V.3 frankly i am losing interest and sick of checking TamaTown to see if it's complete. I think they should have invested more in the construction of TamaTown or held back the release of the V.3 until it was complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
When they say that you can connect to the internet, they mean you get passwords to access certain parts to the internet for example entering the king's castle, visiting parents and grandparents, or traveling...DUH! They don't mean you can literally configure it with the internet! :lol: ^_^

P.S. does anybody know when the second release of the v3 will be released???

Here is my opinion on the V3's.

When the Keitai was released in Japan, a ton of US and UK and Asia began to question as to when they would also get the K-Plus. However, it's easily noted that Japan is three years ahead in technology compared to any other country. So they did what they could and made the V2.

V2 had several new characters, as well as plenty of old ones. However, any Tamagotchi fan from the 90's could easily notice on how many, many animations for these characters differented greatly from their original ones to a state that made the characters just barely recognizeable from their original animations.

Bandai seemed to be trying hard with a few characters to make them unique, but many characters lack any particular form of life in their animations, most noteably Pyonchitchi and ChoHimetchi.

The same case goes with the new (and vastly improved) Version 3. Like V2, it brings back many recognizeable characters from the old Tamagotchis, and even created an alternate version for Teletchi. In turn the character animation and general info has changed again. Tamatchi and KutchiTamatchi are now child characters rather than teens, Obotchi looks completely different, and many Male Osutchi characters, as well as female Mesutchi characters now can be both genders. Even Bill/Gaijintchi/Ketotchi and Sekitoritchi can be girls now!

Another incontinuity seems to be names. Look: Batabatchi is now Patapatchi, Propellertchi is now Puroperatchi, Urutchi is Wooltchi, Bunbutchi is Bunbuntchi...the list goes on and on.

The character with the biggest problems thus far seems to be Furawatchi. On the V2, Bandai had to change this character's name due to another "flower" character on the V2. Furawatchi changed to Korotchi, which altered her description as a character entirely. On the Version 3, she is now green and named "Leaftchi" which destroys both her original personalities completely. Even so, she still appears as Furawatchi on Tamatown.com.

That all being said, animations, names, genders, and even age group should remain consistent. Version 2 and 3 both ignore this and just give us characters, and thus now there's an obligation, one for me to see the characters which makes me subconsiously realize that these are things I will never see again, and when I do, every single little different detail is easily recognized.

If Bandai could keep the animations from the original pets on the newer versions, this would make fans like me very happy.

All that aside, Version 3 is alright. The new games are enjoyable, the internet thing is pretty good and it seems that Bandai tried to do the best they could when making this new pet. It would just be so nice to see some continuity with the characters, besides the constant appearences of Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kutchipatchi (though the characters are in EVERY new Tama, including the Japanese pets).

I am a bit suprised at what you have here...

Dont you think this is a bit harsh to all the work Bandai has done.

Yes, they are a big letdown, a VERY big letdown, but they found a loophole in what they said and exploited it. I was hoping it would be like an Entama, except in english. But it isn't... personally the v2s are cooler to me. Less confusing, and have cuter toddlers. And more designs. I'd rather more colors were realesed of them, not new v3s that are mildly different.

Also, there are NOT more characters in the v3 than in the v2. Some v2 charas where taken out of the v3 characters. Like the toddlers, some teens, and some adults. It sucks, considering they took out the cute ones. :) And the"new"characters are not really new. They're OsuMesu characters recycled. Almost all of them. Only a rare few are new, and theothers that are not OsuMesu or new are from p1/p2.

And I have a question: why can't Bandai Japan tell/help Bandai America make them in the US? Do they not like eachother/Does Bandai Japan not like us? :-:

I think Bandai ripped us off. The Tamagotchis can't connect to the internet, it doesn't even say anything about "Password for PC" or connecting to TamaTown anywhere in the instructions. All you do with TamaTown is get the passwords and enter them on your V3.
What I think should change is the connection to the internet. Make it work for once, Bandai!

Please give what you think about TamaTown and what should change.

who cares v3 rocks

It's unfair to say they "ripped us off" simply because you got confused about the internet feature.

I don't recall Bandai saying that the V3 would "connect to the internet" anywhere.

No. they didn't rip us off!

Version 3's are the best I'm getting one soon.

It's very hard to get a toy to connect to the internet!

tell me about it! the codes don't even work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Umm... if your codes don't work, you are probably not entering the swame v3 username on your tama as on tamatown... (in all caps)

And I have a question: why can't Bandai Japan tell/help Bandai America make them in the US? Do they not like eachother/Does Bandai Japan not like us? :-:
It's not that at all, Bandai could bring Keitais and Entamas overseas if they wanted to. But they decided not to due to...us.

You may have just tilted your head in confusion and said "huh?" Allow me to explain.

In Japan, as I mentioned before, they are three years ahead in technology. We here in the States are three years behind them. If a Keitai or Entama were to be brought over to America, it would be difficult for the target buyers (girls age 6-12) to understand anything of them. "How do I get my Tama to go shopping online?" "How does it connect to cell phones?" "What's with this password thingy?" And so on and so forth.

The reason things are altered in this fashion is simple: Japanese people understand the technology, and we don't. So Bandai US basically takes the Tamas released in Japan and simplifies them for the American buyers. This kind of factoring is similar to that of the Tamagotchi Death Factor.

On all Japanese Tamagotchis, when the pet dies, it leaves behind a tombstone and a little black ghost. In American Tamagotchis, there is a notable difference: the ghost and tombstone are replaced by an angel of some sort (although P2 had a UFO). This is because Japanese can tolerate death much better than Americans can. They can recognize that an individual has died, and move on with their lives. However, in our case, when somebody or something we love dies, we can be depressed for weeks, crying our eyeballs out and questioning the existence of God. This is mainly because we know nothing about death.

Once again, the edit is because of a simple reason: Japanese understand death, we barely do. So Bandai changed the grave with an egg angel thingy, then say that the Tama simply "returned to its home planet" instead of dying. If you're scared of death, why stare at death in a plastic egg?

And Relaurax, I know I sounded a little cruel. But I like V2 and V3. My only problem is the incontinuity with the characters. I enjoyed everything else and appreciate how much effort they put into these things. :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you Tama_Fan! I mean, they seriously must've had to work practically FOREVER to make that whole thing work for any username! Plus they added new games (and you can earn more points from them) options for feeding, new characters, and even traveling! Isn't there supposed to be a school and cafe soon too? You have to give them credit for all that! Why not look at all the cool new parts of the Version 3 rather than just trying to drag it down because you can't plug it in to your computer? They never promised that! So how did they "rip us off"?
Absolutely. The exact truth.

I don't think that the actual unit is a rip off- but i do think it is pretty poor form to release the V.3 before TamaTown is complete. At the moment all the V.3 owners are not able to use all it's functions to it's full compacity. That doesn't sound fair to me. If i buy a product i expect to be able to use all it's features as soon as i take it out of the packet - not wait months. I own a V.3 frankly i am losing interest and sick of checking TamaTown to see if it's complete. I think they should have invested more in the construction of TamaTown or held back the release of the V.3 until it was complete.
Also a really good point. I mean if youre releasing a product with lots of "coming soon"s, then youre really not releasing a finished product at all.

Actually the antennas do work, but the version 3's that came out long before in Japan have them work to their full potential. Japan is about 5 years ahead of North America technology wise keep this in mind. The V3's in Japan can connect to cell phones and gather points to "travel" like take a holiday.
What I don't get is why the North america manufacturers won't make them do the same stuff here. Could be the technology thing, but could also be they are lazy. It not entirely be Bandai's fault.
Are you sure youre from Japan. I live in Japan, too.

>>>Actually the antennas do work

The antenna is just a piece of plastic with absolutely no purpose other design.

>>>Actually the antennas do work, but the version 3's that came out long before in Japan have them work to their full potential.

When you say V3 are you referring to the Entama? It came out in Novemeber 2005, just a few months earlier than the US V3.

>>>Japan is about 5 years ahead of North America technology wise keep this in mind.

What? Japan has great gadgets and technology, but they are not 5 years ahead of the U.S. maybe Canada [hahaha]. Japan is not known for its innovation, but more for its economizing, and improving upon.

>>>The V3's in Japan can connect to cell phones and gather points to "travel" like take a holiday.

The Entama cannot connect to cell phones, if you mean the Entama as V3. Keitama "connects" to cell phones via Tamapark which is an iAppli.

>>>What I don't get is why the North america manufacturers won't make them do the same stuff here. Could be the technology thing, but could also be they are lazy. It not entirely be Bandai's fault.

The same reason that Final Fantasy games have more encounters in the Japanese version than the U.S. and the same reason we don't see School and Sex Simulation games sold in the U.S.

As a business they research what they "Think" U.S. kids like and what Japanese Kids like and base their market production on that.

In Japan, as I mentioned before, they are three years ahead in technology. We here in the States are three years behind them. If a Keitai or Entama were to be brought over to America, it would be difficult for the target buyers (girls age 6-12) to understand anything of them. "How do I get my Tama to go shopping online?" "How does it connect to cell phones?" "What's with this password thingy?" And so on and so forth.
Ah, now that is sensible. The Japanese are not ahead of the U.S. in technological know-how or hardware. But yes, the kids are more techno sauvy than north americans. They also learn how to use gadgets a bit faster.

Keep in Mind the internet is still a *New* thing in Japan. It has only begun to pick up in speed and become mainstream since about 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back