Hey Bandai!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think Bandai ripped us off about the V3 stuff?

• Most certainly! V3 stinks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck no! V3 rocks!

• Huh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wat are the antennas for? i thought they were docoration 0_o
The antennas /are/ for decoration.

No the tamas DO NOT connect to the net, but we are NOT being ripped off. The tamagotchis give us codes that we can use to interact with the website. The website gives us codes to interact with the tamagotchis. You could say that the person who owns the tama does all the 'connecting to the internet'.

So yeah, they do not connect to the internet, Bandai did not say that they do. They just intreact with the website through number codes :furawatchi: .

of course they did. next they'll give us a tamagotchi with a mobile connection but we'll have to pay extra for it

They dont say you connect to the computer, in the commerical it says "Password here ill travel there" indacating that there is an exchanging of passwords.

Well honestly, I'm sorta dissappointed with v3, there's not much difference from v2 and v1. Passwords ya, but reading about ENTAMA I think they should of just released that instead, at least you can have them go to school and shop and do things with them. When you don't have anyone to play tama with, it sorta get's lonely. But I suppose that I'm happy with whatever Bandai brings, I mean some people can't even afford one :ichigotchi:
I`m also always happy with whatever Bandai brigs us.

YOU DON'T CONNECT WITH THEINTERNRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :rolleyes: :( :) :) :) :)

YOU DON'T CONNECT WITH THEINTERNRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :rolleyes: :( :) :) :) :)
I'm not THAT angry about it... would someone please tell me how to connect with the internet, if that's even true? thanks if you do! :)

To "connect with the internet", navigate to www.tamatown.com and follow the instructions there.

oh yea. and we can't even use our frekin souvaneers!!!! wuts the point of that? showing off is no fun!!!
Hey don't complain, the Keitai, Akai, and Entama also have items you can only look at and not really do anything with. Sure, your Tama sits in front of the item and makes that happy sun thing, but that's about it.

And none of the Tamagotchis connect with the internet, not even the Entama.

Actually the antennas do work, but the version 3's that came out long before in Japan have them work to their full potential. Japan is about 5 years ahead of North America technology wise keep this in mind. The V3's in Japan can connect to cell phones and gather points to "travel" like take a holiday.
What I don't get is why the North america manufacturers won't make them do the same stuff here. Could be the technology thing, but could also be they are lazy. It not entirely be Bandai's fault.
yeah i agree wth you. in america and europe they also need to have phones, networks etc. to make the tamagotchi compatible with your cell phone, the leading phone brands have to change there phones and networks and things need to allow it. not all companys are going to think that tamas on your phone will be a huge money maker so its not that they won't make the technology its that other companys need to be able to agree with them first. bandai probably wants to keep owners entertained with new tamas while they try to make something like keitai it must be harder to make companys in eu n usa approve. (something like that anyway :D )

I still have a V1 so anything is better than that.
Are you kidding? I LOVE v1! I think version 2 and 3 are a little over-the-top. Plus, in version 2 and 3 if you don't get up to the fireworks in games you don't lose 3 grams/ounces of weight!

Anyway. Ontopic. Glitches do happen on many Tamagotchi and other electronic devices. You can connect to the internet, though Tamagotchi is NOT supposed to be revolved around INTERNET COMMUNICATION. In case you were wondering, it's not direct internet communication. If you're wondering what it is, let's access to TamaTown.com.

Tamagotchi are supposed to be just virtual pets to care for. At least, that's what the original purpose was, rather than internet communication, travelling, shopping, etc.

Are you kidding? I LOVE v1! I think version 2 and 3 are a little over-the-top. Plus, in version 2 and 3 if you don't get up to the fireworks in games you don't lose 3 grams/ounces of weight!
Anyway. Ontopic. Glitches do happen on many Tamagotchi and other electronic devices. You can connect to the internet, though Tamagotchi is NOT supposed to be revolved around INTERNET COMMUNICATION. In case you were wondering, it's not direct internet communication. If you're wondering what it is, let's access to TamaTown.com.

Tamagotchi are supposed to be just virtual pets to care for. At least, that's what the original purpose was, rather than internet communication, travelling, shopping, etc.
Your right, back in 1996, when the Tamagotchi Generation 1 was made, it was to care for it all by yourself. Sadly, if it died, you would need to buy a new one. Yes, the internet was made, but, there wasn't really any networks in late 1990's. The worst HTML was made, HTML 1.0 BETA. And Flash and java costed much more money than you think (say, 2 billion yens?) the Entama came round the corner in late 2005, which changed the Tamagotchi Plus Version 3. Yes, it would be better if it would connect to the internet, but, go to www.tamagotchitown.com or www.tamagotchieurope.com, it would feel strange for your Tamagotchi to jump into TamaTown and do, well, walk. Er...... oh well.

Well, we could say. To 'connect with the internet', find an ISP. LOL!

Hey, NON-LOL! You could always try to get your ISP to work with your Tamagotchi, or shoukd i say, Tama wi-fi.

ppl, i really didnt expect it to connect to the internet. and if u did, wat wood b the point? ud probably do the same things u do now, just entr ur codes on the internet and get the item, or somthing. it probably woodnt b all that exiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that is so true. My friend and I were talking about that. The souvinres don't do amything. In a way they are like v2s. :eek:

I think Bandai ripped us off. The Tamagotchis can't connect to the internet, it doesn't even say anything about "Password for PC" or connecting to TamaTown anywhere in the instructions. All you do with TamaTown is get the passwords and enter them on your V3.
What I think should change is the connection to the internet. Make it work for once, Bandai!

Please give what you think about TamaTown and what should change.
Don't say that don't anyone dare say this don't say 'rip-offs' to Bandais creations everybody likes them and thats final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back