how old until u should stop playin with

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I've already answered on this topic, (because I've already voted) and I think there is no "should" in the question. You can play with it as long as you want to. No matter what. :lol:

I am sure I am much older than most people here :angry: ( almost 30! )

There is nothing wrong with Tamagotchi or any other toy for that matter!

I am just trying to buy back my youth :huh:

Look, if grown men can play with their xboxes, I can play with my tamagotchi for as long as I want :angry: .

My question however, is this: how old is each person who replies to this poll? Also, each person replying to this poll is probably a member of Tamatalk and probably likes tamas more than the average person. I'm not trying to be mean here, but this is something to consider.

What I mean to say is that it's very likely that most (not everyone, just most) people viewing this post will agree that it'll always be ok to use tamas. I highly doubt that the same replies would be given if this was posted outside of Tamatalk, say, on one of those polls you see on the local news channel. I'm very sorry for being kind of a spoil sport but anyway...

Being young at heart is very important to me and that's why I still like tamas, but it's also important to acknowledge responsibilities to the world of real living people. When I was 9, it was ok to glue my nose to my gen1's screen. If I do that now, I would probably crash my car or get fired from my job. And I don't tell anyone who isn't close to me -- absolutely no one would take me seriously. If I did, I'd have to work extra hard just to prove myself.

Great topic. Very important kind of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can carry on for as long as you want. If you want to carry on playing, it's your choice, not your freind's. I've had my Tamagotchis since I was 6 and I'm now nearly 12. Sure I've got bored of them from time to time but I still play with them. I don't let anyone else decide when I should give them up.

So yeah, I voted 'u can play it as long as u want'.

Tammie~

You don't have to stop playing with Tamagotchis.

I stopped when I was... 11?

That's only because they began to bore me, but if you like them why stop?

[SIZE=21pt]Any age really, play as long as you like because they are just virtual pets, it won't hurt you. I am voting for absolutely, so regrets about it any age.[/SIZE]

I luv tamas ;) -i keep at least one in my bag.

Every spare moment i get i play with it for a bit and then keep it on pause. :D

im not obsessed with them-i just enjoy them a lot!!!!!! :rolleyes: ;) :p :lol: :lol:

You don't have to stop playing with them.

As long as you like them, there's no need to quit. Ignore what other people say and seize the day and enjoy yourself. :)

I like Tamagotchis! :p :D :) I voted for u can do it as long as u want. ;)

My interest in Tamagotchi has waxed and waned over the years since I bought my first one in 1998, but right now, I'm 22 and I still play with them and find them interesting. :ph34r: I think as long as you still find them enjoyable, it doesn't really matter how long you play with them or when you stop playing with them, if ever at all.

well when you think about it, the people at bandai arent children. Theyre adults and the make and create tamas. so that kinda proves there is no age limit <_<

Exactly. I don't know about you (as in everyone), but tamagotchi's aren't my whole life. I have priorities, and they're called family, school, friends, and pretty much life.
But I would never stop playing with tamagotchis. Ever. There's no age limit. After all, it says "For ages 8+." The + never ends!! :hitodetchi:
im10 this girl teens looked at my tamas and they were like hey the tamagotchi the worlds funest virtural pet i hade one but i lost it mine was so cute

so that kind of takes away the teens not playing with one

As a 20 year old wife I can definitely say that tamas are appropriate for any age. You can toss them in a purse or pocket and play a few quick games while waiting in lines at the store, or waiting for a bus, or waiting for water to boil. They are a great way to distract you if you get really angry or frustrated about something.

I got my first tama in the 90's and played with them for several years. Then I stopped playing them throughout much of my teen-hood but then one day a friend and I were talking around in target and saw the tamagotchis and we both HAD to get one, if only for 90's childhood nostalgia purposes.

Since then I've collected three tamas. My most recent one is a tmgc+color, and I am actually use it to keep up with my japanese practice.

My husband, when seeing how much fun I had with my music star, got one for himself and proceeded to become VERY competitive with me (seeing who could pass the audition first, who could max out their stats fastest ect) and it was pretty fun to be goofy with him and play with our little toys.

Anyway, I think they are fun and relaxing and yes, a little bit silly, but who doesn't need some silliness in their life?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with MrsDrake. One can never get too old to play with Tamagotchis...as long as you still find the joy in it, that's all that matters. Your story sounds very similar to mine. :( It's fun when you find other people to be silly with you.

One can never get too old for tamagotchis...
imageproxy.php

but anyone can lose interest on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back