Really don't like the Tama-Go

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the screens can get scratched easily but this can be easily fixed. Buy a smart phone or nintendo DS cover and cut to size of the screen. But putting them in pouches also helps pervent them... such as a camera holder or cell phone pouch.
Another thing to mention about the "keychain part" It is NOT meant for you to carry it as you normally would. It is meant to hold the tamagotchi figures on the ball chain loop.... As many who have tried ended up dropping the tama-go. Not many people have picked up on this... As well as its a softer chain and not metal that really would have clawed the screen. If you really wanted to "keychain" it to something I would highly recommend a pouch again so it could dangle without getting scratched. Then put a keychain (If not included) on that and carry that instead....
I always carry my Tamas around in a pouch because I'm obsessive about keeping them looking brand new. Not one of my opened ones have a single scratch on them, except for the P1 and P2 that I had when I was 7 ^__^'

I keep them in this pouch in my handbag. I don't think a Tama-Go would fit in though. I might need a new one!

And thanks for the keychain explanation- I did think the new keychain design was a bit weird. Thanks for clearing that up :D

Well, I've ordered a white Tama-Go and it's meant to arrive late this week. Then maybe I'll change my mind about it.

Thats good news you ordered one! Actually, that pouch SHOULD fit it.... I don't own that one but with the music star size... Its three on top of each other. (But its not that bad since the back is curved.) If that one doesn't fit, Keep an eye out for a cheaper camera case or phone case. And if you wanted to.... You could use a sock. They fit perfectly..... Even though that is a bit weird.

Its weird people haven't picked up on the keychain part... The figures have loops on them. That way you can have them "tag along" Its up to those people to risk dropping them. If you still want a keychain part.... Get some ribbon and put it in both loops. (A thicker ribbon)

i have ALL the same opinions alicefly this tama go is just a reason to make the USA fell better for not having the tama colour/ID wait what WOOPS has england been forgotten AGAIN for the supposedly "revolutionary" technology (well the colour ones WERE a revolution ) i pooled out all my money on a hexagon !!! but it was worth it then i though "wow i bet the tama go would be WAAAYYYYY cheaper than the colour" then i was like " U CAN GET HEXAGONTCHIS FOR LESS THAN THAT" so this christmas *kicks the tama go * im going for the colour *colour decends with a heavenly light*

Thats good news you ordered one! Actually, that pouch SHOULD fit it.... I don't own that one but with the music star size... Its three on top of each other. (But its not that bad since the back is curved.) If that one doesn't fit, Keep an eye out for a cheaper camera case or phone case. And if you wanted to.... You could use a sock. They fit perfectly..... Even though that is a bit weird.
Its weird people haven't picked up on the keychain part... The figures have loops on them. That way you can have them "tag along" Its up to those people to risk dropping them. If you still want a keychain part.... Get some ribbon and put it in both loops. (A thicker ribbon)
I'm glad you told me about the keychain- it sounds better now that I know there's a simple way to carry around all the figures :blink: So long as they don't knock together and scratch my Tama-Go :D

Even though the Tama-Go only comes with Two games, it brings back the simplicity of the v1. Which only had two games and you couldn't get more then those two games.

Yes I do hate how the plastic cover screen thingy does scratch easily but you can buy stuff to buff out the scratches, plus the characters aren't totally ugly! Maybe like one or two and the baby characters are the best. I don't really like the white and black blobs. Looks like it took no effort to create it.

Im glad you're getting it. Im sure your opinion will change when you buy one!

The other thing I knew you mentioned but I forgot to tell you about... You can "fast forward the travelling animations. Still some will show but they aren't as long as the full animations.

For the keychain part... You can make them stay in place better putting the loops into a smaller rubber band. But they don't dangle that much as long as they are hung on the back side of the Tama-Go ball chain.

I know it wasn't for filming purposes because there are some good quality videos filmed through the plastic cover.
Actually, Ra has made a video of his Tama-Go and said that he takes off the cover and faceplate for filming it! So I think, yes it was filming purposes. ;)

I can agree with the babies, I dont particularly like the little mushroom guys, but I guess theyre only that way for an hour XD

Personally, I was a bit disappointed with my Tama-Go at first. I really like how it looks with the cute faceplate I have and such, but gameplay-wise, after playing Music Star, it seemed a little lacking. Though I did think it was kind of neat it was more back to original-type play.

Though, when I finally got a Mametchi figure to go with it, I was very happy with what the figure had to offer. For one thing, i LOVE figures, so I would have wanted one like it even if it wasn't part of the Tama-Go game, and another, the games and toys you could get with it really upped my enjoyment. The new games were fun, the toys were super cute to watch my Tama play with them, and heck, it's a cute little mametchi! I thought switching it out or whatever was pretty fun. Like I was plugging in games to a handheld system. Maybe it's just the novelty of it that I like.

So, while I DO really wish the Tama-Go had some extra features like school/etc (never owned any of the V2-V5) so I could try that out, I'm overall pleased with it. I'm kind of a figure collector at heart, so to me the worth of the figures are more than just "buying extra games", as I just really love to look at and display figures I own XD For someone who is not interested in figures/models of characters, it might not be as exciting and just extra money blown, so I can understand disliking it.

Reasons why I dislike the tamago:

1. The plasticc screen cover comes off easily because once I was running and it just fell off. :angry:

2. There are only three games unless you buy an expensive figurine that my parent refuse to purchase for me.

3. No items in the shop for my poor tama to play with.

4. The characters seem too new and they look like plants! :p

5. No naming system. Yes naming your tama feels more personal.

6. No mailing system. One of the great joys of having a tamagotchi.

7. Only 3 colours for the shell.

8. Tamagotchi is too big and clunky, I prefer the little flat egg shape ones that fit in your pocket

9. The way your tama beeps! It seems faint and as if though they have a feather stuck in their throats when they call you.

10. No school or work, closest thing to work and school is going to the park. <_<

Sorry but I cant help but complain

but there are SOME good things about it.

1. when you buy one food item you can use it 3 times! :D

2. You can change the background!

3. You can train it to use the toilet!

4. It can connect with my music star

5. it grows quickly!

That's all B)

Well, yes, the tmgo is maybe not what we expected from BANDAI, but I can put it in a new way.

I remember hearing comments about the v1 that it had less originality,even that the designs were too simple.

So eventually, BANDAI intergrated more features to the v2, since they wanted to make everyone happy.

Over time, they intergrated more features,and then came the antenna.Some people liked it, some people didn't. at the end, the 'last'

version didn,t have it, but the v6 was not the most appreciated tamagotchi.And also,

IT is their first gray pixel tamagotchi, so maybe we should wait for a while, they will probably improve it, at the end.

I've been playing with my Tamago for a couple of weeks and my final verdict is simply 'it's not for me'.

I think the last straw was when it took about 5 days to die (well, leave), and had a mountain of poo next to it the whole time. There's no challenge in that at all!

I also disliked how it grew up so quickly. It changed too fast and I didn't even have time to get used to each character.

The shell feels cheap and brittle, the gameplay is minimal and the lifespan is short.

I gave it a go, but now I've gone back to the older versions.

It's great that you at least gave it a go. Now you know for sure. Hooray for vintage Tamagotchis! :D

ill have your tamago :p as long as its free :p though im skeptical too (its still a tama gimme :p )

Honestly...

The Tama-Go is cool, I think. Its not the best but yes the screen is scratched. I do like it though.

Other than it being Tama-Town themed, its a bit of a step backwards. There isn't much new and there are only 36 characters... ;(

But I do like the Tama-Go. I've attached to it. ^^;

And yes. I do believe the case is a bit cheap. Its very hollow and when I tap it I hear some cheap plastic-y sound. i like it though. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that it's bigger, it's easier to find in my purse then the other tamagotchis, since I usually carry a lot in my purse :lol:

I like it, I fell in love with the jumping game ;) More then any other tama-minigame. But I still like my old ones, have 2 MusicStars and one Familitchi up and running right now, however, I have to attatch them to something so they don't get lost in my purse xD And I'm 24 and not ashamed of my tamagotchis or pokéwalkers ;)

Reasons why I dislike the tamago:1. The plasticc screen cover comes off easily because once I was running and it just fell off. :angry: 2. There are only three games unless you buy an expensive figurine that my parent refuse to purchase for me.3. No items in the shop for my poor tama to play with.4. The characters seem too new and they look like plants! :p 5. No naming system. Yes naming your tama feels more personal.6. No mailing system. One of the great joys of having a tamagotchi.7. Only 3 colours for the shell.8. Tamagotchi is too big and clunky, I prefer the little flat egg shape ones that fit in your pocket9. The way your tama beeps! It seems faint and as if though they have a feather stuck in their throats when they call you.10. No school or work, closest thing to work and school is going to the park. <_< Sorry but I cant help but complain but there are SOME good things about it.1. when you buy one food item you can use it 3 times! :D 2. You can change the background!3. You can train it to use the toilet!4. It can connect with my music star5. it grows quickly!That's all B)
1. My plastic screen is like impossible to get off. xD I had to use a hair comb to get it off. x.x

2. The figures arent reeally expensive, you could always ask for one for Christmas or your birthday maybe?

3. Yeah, but can you get toys on Tamatown? I havent tried yet...

4. Plants...?

5. Yeah, I agree. D:

6. Except when the stupid robber comes. D:

7. Yeah, but I think the faceplates make up for it. Plus you never know, they might add more.

8. Its really not that big, plus it really fits into your hand so you dont drop it and its easier to old.

9. like it because if it beeps at night it doesnt wake everyone up.

10. That is true, I kind of liked school and work.

I personally love the Tama-go. Everyone has their own opinions but I love everything about it. Its really fun except for what someone said that they grow up way too fast. D:

I need to tell me the code hoshitchi kuromametchi and please and I will give those who ask me please and thank those who read it I have them but some do not like :

mattaritchi - Mametchi - kuromametchi - wooltchi - gozarutchi - oyajitchi - ojitchi - hoshitchi - Ambler kunoitchi if she would be giving me the codes please

thanks.... :D :D :D

and my ID is BI1100

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I liked my Akai more.

The Keitai Akai had kewl features that others dod not have. They were very small.

The Tama-go is huge.

I simply love the new Tama-Go! I think only the GAMES and HOW NEEDY IT IS matter! OK, there are only 2 games, but they are really fun! I personally think Music Star is the worst, but OldSchoolTama, what came before the V1?

The P1, P2 and other vintage tamagotchi came before the V1.

I'm not fond of the tama go, its ok the more I use it, but I dont like how little attention it needs, though the games are fun.

Version one's will always be my favourite :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back