Really don't like the Tama-Go

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love my Tamago. I have the second wave, so I can't comment on the first wave, but trust me: DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE SIZE!!!!!!! I happen to think it's super easy to hold, and if you're worried about taking it places: take a purse or bag or something! Ps if you wanna name it then name it! It doesn't have to be installed on the Tama! Plus now you're not limited to 5 or 8 letters. You can name it WHATEVER you want!!! :)

I the figurines, even if I only have 2. I hope they DO make a hundred!!! I want an onputchi one... :)

I love the characters! Except for marotchi (sorry but yeah... ) there isn't one girl that I don't like! The boys are ok, but I love Necktietchi and Wooltchi!

In case you're wondering, a couple days ago I emailed Bandai asking if they were going to continue with the Tamago or make a V8, and they said they were continuing with the Tamago! Yay!!! :)

If you ask me, DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND BUY A TAMAGO RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violetchilluvr3

I'm a student tama owner and I just brought one too!

At first they seemed very cheap and aimed at a much younger market, but I decided it would be worth it for the new features and such. Having said that I have invested in some of the more "vintage ones" too.

I am a stickler for retro though, and I have to agree there is something so specifically special about the original sized tamas. I'm hoping that they'll make smaller ones soonish though- i'm guessing they will, I can't see these being too popular with the harajuku girls of japan :)

I'm weighing up the advantages and disadvantages of the Tama-Go...

ADVANTAGES:

1. The games are pretty fun.

2. Figurines are great to collect.

3. Most of the characters are nice-looking.

4. If you want the TMGC+C features (park, room decorate) then you can buy a Tama-Go which gives you those features for a lower price!

5. It's no piece of cake getting a Perfect Care character.

DISADVANTAGES:

1. You can't access more than 2 games without buying figurines.

2. It scratches very easily.

3. There aren't loads of different designs to collect.

4. All this "wave 1" and "wave 2" stuff is just CONFUSING!!

5. They've overdone making Perfect Care characters not too easy to get - why, it seems IMPOSSIBLE!

6. The buttons can be faulty sometimes.

Some people may like the Tama-Go more than I do, and I respect that. If you don't have a Tama-Go yet and are thinking of buying one, go ahead! There's nothing to stop you liking them. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally,I don't like the tama-go very much.why?well...

1)the size

I know itt probably can't help but be HUGE because of the gotchi figures but...it's HUGE!I like the kind of tama that is small enough to fit into your pocket or hang on a belt loop etc.

2)the games

I guess I'm just used to my iD but I like to be able to cancel games.If I start a game of "Shoot the bug" and I have to reach for something,I would like to be able to hit cancel.

3)the gotchi figures

So much for this tama being unnoticeable,now it comes with figures to put on the top to add to it's hugeness.They could have done what they did with the 5TMGC iD,put games,items etc. On a website where we can type a password in our tama-go or beam the file using infa red.The games on the gotchi figures are fun...if your $7 gotchi figure works that is.I didn't pay $7 for a gotchi figure that registers as the figure that comes with a tama-go.

4)places to go

GAME,SHOP,PARK,PC that's it.I wish the tama-go came with a built in resturaunt,a toy store,and alot more but all of the stuff I want is on the gotchi figures.

~~~~~

So I think Bandai America has done better.

I think for most people the size and figures are the main issues- If only they'd just put all the features in instead of in the figurines :/

Ok,

Now that my friend Kuchipatchi love owns a Tama-go and I've actually had the chance to fiddle around with one and see what it's like, i actually really like it!! I mean its deffo not as good as say the v4.5 but its still a pretty kool version to have.

I don't particuarly love the fact thats its bulky and big, but i do like some of the games they have, their pretty fun!!

On the subject of games, i think its a rip-off to have to buy seperate figures, im seriously sure that Bandai is only doing that to suck all our money from us [so yes Alice-fly i do agree with you on that] And this is one of the reasons why im NOT gonna get a tama-go, instead im just gonna keep surfing tradme and buy up all the older more fun versions that i can! And if u have read my latest log update in 'tamagotchi logs' you will see that im actually in the middle of trying to win a auction for 3 awesome tamas all for the price of $3!!

The bulkyness is a bit annoying and i really do love the old egg shaped small tamas because they are easy to take around with you [eg: school, the mall, the park etc] And you attach them to a lanyard without this huge massive round ball around your neck making it extremely uncomfortable on you.

As you all should know [if you read my log] is that im Memetchi7, except i have made a new account, and you willl realise that this opinion is different to my other one, but that's okay because everyone's opinion changes all the time, and mine has changed tama-go wise.

Okay if I'm confusing you because of what i said at the start of this post, and what i have said, well sorry about that :lol: :lol: But i have just realised something: I don't like the tama-go all that much. I have changed my mind, and i think that there are quite a few cons to the tama-go. And the pros aren't persuading enough so im not buying a tama-go. Like i said i think i will stick with buying the cooler, older, smaller versions online.

Thanks

Sakura-san123 B)

Nice point, Sakura-San123!! (My bestest bestie :) )

The TMGO IS bulky and difficult to carry. However, I have mine in a purse on a special lanyard which makes it easy to carry and also fits my 3 other tams, making taking tamas to school very easy. I get jumpy agitated and anxious if I don't have my Tamagotchi on me, so this is an excellent way to carry them for me.

(BTW guys, would a new TMGO be an appropriate present for Saku? I think she might like it, and I have all the gotchi figures bar one that I can lend her :) )

It's so easy to hold, it fits in your hand PERFECTLY. I enjoy holding it... it's comfortable in my hand.

I LOVE my TamaGo. It's a good tama for me. I agree that the $13 figures are a COMPLETE ripoff, but I enjoy buying them and the "collection" aspect. Besides, my grandfather buys them for me as presents all the time. Can anyone give me a shout if the Wave2 figures are seen in New Zealand? I REALLY REALLY want to get the Ichigotchi one, and all of them enventually as I am beginning a youtube thing where i do freezemotion stories with my figures :D )

So yeah, it's one of my fave versions.

U were gonna buy a tama-go 4 me kuchi??? NAAGGGW UR DA BESTEST FRIEND EVA!!!!! Soz this has nothing to do with the topic, but after reading Kuchipatchi Love's reply i couldn't resist!!! I really actually re-thinking the whole tama-go buying thing right now :lol: :)

Sakura-san123 :D

aw it's sad you don't like it. :(

I find the tama-go to be lots of fun! :D

I understand though why some of those things can be problems. I have a horrible time transporting my tama-go. If i just shove it in my purse it gets scratched a lot. I don't know what they made the clear plastic outer screen of but it scratches so easily. I've never dropped or left my tamagotchi in a non-up right position other than when i put it in my purse once and it still has scratched everywhere. I treat it as gingerly as my other tamas and it's the only one with scratches. I just make myself feel better by saying it's only the outer screen but it's not like i ever have the screen off. :(

I also agree about the figures. I really like them but they are REALLY EXPENSIVE! The only ones i got were half price and i still feel 4 dollars is too much for 2 games a shop. :( I think they should be 2 dollars or 3 maybe at regular price. The games they have are really fun though but definitely not worth the regular 8 dollar retail price.

I wish you could name your tamas on the tama-go. My first tama was a v5 so i'm not used to naming my tamas and i loved that the v6 had that feature. :) But if i was more used to it i would be disappointed that i couldn't name the tamas on this release.

As far as playing with it though i like the bigger desing. I like the buttons more and it's more fun to hold.

all in all i love my tama-go!

I like the features but I would think that it would be better if the size was smaller? I really don't use the figures so, anyone else agree?

Ok,

Now that my friend Kuchipatchi love owns a Tama-go and I've actually had the chance to fiddle around with one and see what it's like, i actually really like it!! I mean its deffo not as good as say the v4.5 but its still a pretty kool version to have.

I don't particuarly love the fact thats its bulky and big, but i do like some of the games they have, their pretty fun!!

On the subject of games, i think its a rip-off to have to buy seperate figures, im seriously sure that Bandai is only doing that to suck all our money from us [so yes Alice-fly i do agree with you on that] And this is one of the reasons why im NOT gonna get a tama-go, instead im just gonna keep surfing tradme and buy up all the older more fun versions that i can! And if u have read my latest log update in 'tamagotchi logs' you will see that im actually in the middle of trying to win a auction for 3 awesome tamas all for the price of $3!!

The bulkyness is a bit annoying and i really do love the old egg shaped small tamas because they are easy to take around with you [eg: school, the mall, the park etc] And you attach them to a lanyard without this huge massive round ball around your neck making it extremely uncomfortable on you.

As you all should know [if you read my log] is that im Memetchi7, except i have made a new account, and you willl realise that this opinion is different to my other one, but that's okay because everyone's opinion changes all the time, and mine has changed tama-go wise.

Okay if I'm confusing you because of what i said at the start of this post, and what i have said, well sorry about that :lol: :lol: But i have just realised something: I don't like the tama-go all that much. I have changed my mind, and i think that there are quite a few cons to the tama-go. And the pros aren't persuading enough so im not buying a tama-go. Like i said i think i will stick with buying the cooler, older, smaller versions online.

Thanks

Sakura-san123 B)

HI,

OK i take back everything i have said about the TMGO!! Now that i actually own one and i have had a good play with it, i really love it! It may be bulky, but it's still quite a kool version XD. And i do still think $13:00 is a rip-off for one little fig, but yea i still love my TMGO to peices. [bTW i have the wave 2 and 4 gotchi figs, saving up for a kuchipatchi one!!]

Sakura-san123 :D

So these are bigger and bulkier than the original Tamas and Connections? That's too bad. I used to wear my Tamas on a chain or leather strap around my neck. It's one of the things I loved about them. I may not be able to have my live dogs in most places but at least I could have my Tamas. An electronic pet was better than no pet at all after all. It sounds like if I was to buy a TamaGo I wouldn't be able to do that. That's kind of sad.

Yeah, honestly when I got my tama-go in the mail, I was so excited that I ripped open the package, only to find that the tama-go was uncomfortably bulky and a little harder for my hands to hold. It's not a problem since AAA batteries are not expensive compared to the old tama batteries, but really, they should include batteries. I had purchased figures before purchasing the tama-go, but if I play without the figures, it makes me sad that there are only two games. ALSO, naming your tama used to be one of the best parts ABOUT HAVING A TAMAGOTCHI, AND NOW, YOU CAN'T EVEN NAME THEM. sigh.

Sorry that I didn't say this earlier, the things I listed are the negatives, and tmgo is still a fun and entertaining product! :)

I personally love my Tamago. I have the second wave, so I can't comment on the first wave, but trust me: DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE SIZE!!!!!!! I happen to think it's super easy to hold, and if you're worried about taking it places: take a purse or bag or something! Ps if you wanna name it then name it! It doesn't have to be installed on the Tama! Plus now you're not limited to 5 or 8 letters. You can name it WHATEVER you want!!! :)

I the figurines, even if I only have 2. I hope they DO make a hundred!!! I want an onputchi one... :)

I love the characters! Except for marotchi (sorry but yeah... ) there isn't one girl that I don't like! The boys are ok, but I love Necktietchi and Wooltchi!

In case you're wondering, a couple days ago I emailed Bandai asking if they were going to continue with the Tamago or make a V8, and they said they were continuing with the Tamago! Yay!!! :)

If you ask me, DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND BUY A TAMAGO RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violetchilluvr3
I totally agree!

I think the last straw was when it took about 5 days to die (well, leave), and had a mountain of poo next to it the whole time. There's no challenge in that at all!
Well, it moved when it was 5 probably because your friendship level was so low, it gets angry at you.

Check the friendship. You can raise it with games or food.

But, you probably already knew it if you read Binary's log... ._.

It was fun the first time I ran it. I got to the second gen then it got really boring for me. So I put it down.

I'd still be running my Tama-go if I could pay it equal attention as my iD L. xD

I swear to god if i agreed with u more id be dead. I got the tamago, yeah. I hate that it onky takes 1 day for them to evolve no mstter the stage. Gives away the suspense of evolution. Also, the games are actually morw fun tgen any other version. :) but otherwise the games, it sucks. I collect the figures not for the toy itself, in fact i dont think ive connected half of then... I rip them off the stands and usecthe stands as a regulsr top without carrying it aroynd annd lookkung bulky. The figs, i sometimes use to play with :) sorry for the shakey spelling words, i was usibg my ipod toych.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back