Really don't like the Tama-Go

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Tama-Go for Christmas and I quite like it. The plastic cover was hard to get off at first but once I got it off it was easy. I like the gradient pixeling and that you can train it to go to the toilet. Also if you don't like the original faceplate you can make another one. I used the back of the original one to make my own design. It's blue with stars and a rainbow. Anywho, I like it anyway but I really want a V5 and a +Color.

If they just sell other kinds of Tamagotchis here, I would've bought them instead of buying Ipod. :p

I think the tamago is okay. I have problems coming up with names anyway :p

However, I don't really like the size. Whenever I put it in my pocket there's a really obvious bulge. And I do have to put it away when I change into gym strip. :( But the growth cycles are fine with me.

I started to think Bandai lost the plot at Familitchi, they just want more buys, you can't reeeeally blame them, but I was dissapointed with the bulkiness! XX

Yes the bulkiness is something I don't like about it. When school starts I'll have to leave it homeor else it will make an obvious shape in my skirt pocket. That's why I like the shape of the Music Star and previous versions because I can put it in my pocket without it obviously being there.

I have a Tamagotchi color, and I quite like the bulky style of that. I do get a few glances from people at work when I pull out my tamagotchi (lol), so I wouldn't mind having one of these. I also collect them, and I have 29 currently. So yeah, I will get one eventually.

Personally, I love the Tama-Go. There are a few things that I don't like, like the bulkiness (being a college student myself, I understand your point there).

However, I like the faceplate, as it makes things easier (for me, at least) to customize it. I also like that they used more common and less expensive batteries to use; watch batteries are terrible to find, and I can get 10 AAAs for the same price as two watch batteries. The figurines aren't terrible, as there is a thread (https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/173099-trickmod-i-did-to-the-tamago-figurines/) about taking the figurines off of their stand to keep in the tama itself. The tamatown is also a feature I enjoy, and is a great leap from V3 and V5 tamatowns (I didn't really like how you had to log in and out every time you played a game on the V5 town), and n00bs who ask for items are something you're going to have to deal with no matter what online RPG-like game you play.

Personally, I've been able to care for my Tama-Go fairly quickly even with the voyages to the buildings and animations. I also never had the models with work and school for the tamas, so that part doesn't faze me at all, same with the b&w vs. color screen.

Well, that's just my input. :D

There's also only 2 games (for first generation) on the V5 too…

After playing around with my White Kuchipatchi Tama-Go, I had decided that the main things I disliked about it were the easily-scratched faceplate and the choked sound.

A few days ago I ordered one of the wave 2 Tama-Gos that have the gemmed faceplate with a square hole around the screen so it isn't covered by it. Hopefully that one will scratch less easily, and even if it does scratch a bit, it won't be so obvious because the it won't be over the screen.

Hopefully the sound will be nicer too, though I doubt it. It's worth a shot though I think!

I have to agree with alicefly and old school Tama, i am all about the old 90s and japanese tamas, The tama-go is bad, to be honest i dont like any v1 and up in english, the only versions i will buy now are the Japanese. The id and color are def not as good quality material as they could be, and definetly lame on the colors, but i have to say- they are still alot better than the tamago designs. Plus the new color and id are a blast and so much fun. But the tamago is just simply pathetic imo. The nano is cool though and simple. There is just something so amazing and special about japanese tamas. The old english versions were very good but they just went their own direction in english and totally destroyed that authentic feel to tama after the v1, but all of the japanese versions are fantastic and i truley recomend everyone to purchase an id or color. the tama-go however my vote is to stay very far away.

Sadly, i dislike the tama-go too :(

I've paid more than 50$ to get one but i wasn't really excited about it for his shape. I'm 30 and i grew up with 90's tama, i have more than 20 tamas, included TMGC+C and ID, for me the best ultimate tama is the TMGC+C, nothing new after :(

I really like the tama go, it's so far my favorite out of all I've played. I like how it's a little less demanding than the music star, and I like the growths on this one. I like being able to have more games, and change them up as I please, and I like being able to transfer gotchi points between tamatown and the tama go. I like the changing designs, and I like how big it is. I just wish it were a little thinner. The batteries worry me a little though. I can get a 6 pack of batteries that fit a p1 and p2 for a dollar, a 3 pack for a music star for a dollar, and a 6 pack that fit tama go for a dollar. But I find the "watch" batteries have a longer life.

I'm with Dorkfish on this one. Although a vintage collector at heart, I really enjoyed playing with the Tama-Go. The simplicity of raising the characters was refreshing and while I was initially apprehensive about the design when it was first released, it grew on me. While not my favourite, it trumps the Music Star by a long shot. I'm currently running a V2 (which I've heard is similar to a V1 in many ways) and I've become quite attached to it, just as I did with the original P1 and P2s. I have all three of the wave 1 and wave 2 Tama-Go's (for collection only) and haven't played with the wave 2 just yet, but I think the faceplate design is an improvement from what I can see. The sound was muffled yes, perhaps it was a production error. I'm sure most, if not all, of these mishaps will be corrected in the current version. It's people like us who form where and how the next Tamagotchi will be! Peace and love my friends.

I'm with Dorkfish on this one. Although a vintage collector at heart, I really enjoyed playing with the Tama-Go. The simplicity of raising the characters was refreshing and while I was initially apprehensive about the design when it was first released, it grew on me. While not my favourite, it trumps the Music Star by a long shot. I'm currently running a V2 (which I've heard is similar to a V1 in many ways) and I've become quite attached to it, just as I did with the original P1 and P2s. I have all three of the wave 1 and wave 2 Tama-Go's (for collection only) and haven't played with the wave 2 just yet, but I think the faceplate design is an improvement from what I can see. The sound was muffled yes, perhaps it was a production error. I'm sure most, if not all, of these mishaps will be corrected in the current version. It's people like us who form where and how the next Tamagotchi will be! Peace and love my friends.
Well, they haven't fixed the sound, but somehow I think I might be warming to this new version too. It looks so much more refined and well thought out design wise than the first one did, and has givenme a good 2nd impression :)

I totally agree with Dorkfish04 and graficks..... I like that the Tama-Go is so simple in play - you don't need to worry about skill points, jobs, and schools.....And the potty training feature is kind of endearing. At the beginning I also felt that it is 'just too big', but the more I play with it, the more I like it. I am currently saving up to buy a 2nd wave one :D

I've decided I like the second wave one :) I've grown quite attatched to my little Makiko.

Just wish you could name them :(

i have memetchi and she really doesn't do anything but smile and do angry faces, the games are a bit weird too...

like that shoot the bug thing :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back