rjalda100's Virtual Zoo - a V2 Log (with photos)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm back! Felix left last night so I'm now raising his daughter, who I named Gemma. Gemma officially began her life at around 9:30AM this morning, and her baby stage was pretty typical, of course. She begins generation 13 on my V2.

Here's Felix and Gemma enjoying the snow last night:

21lieq8.jpg
And here's Gemma this morning, ready to begin her independent life:

ohmy5u.jpg
124h6bc.jpg
ojgv8w.jpg
For an hour, she was typically very needy and relied on me for everything. I cared for her as well as I could. At 10:30AM, she evolved into Hitodetchi!

28s4oj9.jpg
Although Felix was fully trained, I did expect this because I mated an average care adult with an unhealthy one. I've learned that Hitodetchi and Marutchi can, in fact, come from a fully trained parent, if said parent was average care or lower and mated with an average or lower adult. Also, I've yet to have a healthy teen come from Hitodetchi or Marutchi (the first generation doesn't really count), but I'm actually kind of glad about that. Why, you ask? Because now little Gemma has a shot at becoming Nikatchi, one of my favourite teens ever! Last time I got Nikatchi was on generation 7; in that case, she came from Marutchi. I'm assuming she probably comes from Hitodetchi too so stay tuned.

Fiona evolved this morning and this is once again really weird. I didn't treat her a whole lot worse than I treated Belle, except for the fact that I let her hearts drop all the way twice, whereas Belle's hearts never did empty fully. Other than the hearts dropping and missing a couple of training opportunities, I cared for her well. So while I was not necessarily disappointed, I was surprised when she turned into Gozarutchi. I haven't raised a Gozarutchi in a very long time, probably nine years by this point.

Fiona7_zps7odynvsc.jpg
Fiona8_zps9beumr9t.jpg
Fiona9_zpstcyly0pt.jpg
Again, I treated my V2 the exact identical way and got an average care adult. I think that's why I'm baffled. I thought the V2 was weird in terms of evolutions, but I think the V3 comes pretty close. Don't forget, I neglected Fiona's mother quite a bit during the teen stage and got Violetchi. I still don't know how that happened, nor do I know why Fiona became Gozarutchi. I'll just have to sit back and accept it.

I'm thinking that for generation 3 on this tama, I'm going to stop with the experiments and just care for it the way I normally would. I know that on the V2, some of my greatest surprises have come from simply doing that.

Jada finally got married last night, to a guy I can't remember the name of now, and became the proud mother of a baby boy! She'll be leaving tonight, after which I'm going to take the battery out of my V4.5 again. I seriously need to fix the buttons or something before I can actually run it long term again because the unresponsive buttons really are a pain.

2naif6h.jpg
After Jada leaves, I might start my P1 up again, this time with fresh batteries. I needed to take a break from it for a few days because I was mad that it reset itself. But I think I'd like to run it again now because I like it a lot.

Ilse is 72 now and will be 73 later tonight. I'm still set on her reaching 100 and I really hope it happens. That would be really cool if it did.

IlseAge28_zpspotrqcbl.jpg
She remains good friends with Fiona - both have four smiley faces for each other. They play a lot of games together and exchange gifts - I'm not normally one for buying more than one version of the same tama, but this is the one benefit. I can exchange items back and forth between the two. Ilse has most of the V3 items (except the big expensive ones like the throne and UFO!), but if I find one in her shop that Fiona doesn't have, I can buy it and gift it to Fiona. It's pretty great.

:wub:

Hello! I'm back with a lil mini update here because I've started my P1 back up again! Which also means both my Plus and V4.5 have been decommissioned for now. I still don't know what happened to make my P1 reset itself, but I'm suspecting it was probably the batteries. Whenever I want to run new tamas, I have a habit of just reusing batteries from old ones I'm not using, which is exactly what I did with this one. I took the batteries out of my Angel to use with it, so they weren't fresh batteries to begin with. This time around, I used actual new batteries from an unopened package, and so far, all seems well.

It all began with an egg...

P1tamaagain_zpstcl2yves.jpg
Which then led to this! My little guy as a newborn. Isn't he cute?

P1tamaAgain2_zpsvwsf5yls.jpg
The life of a newborn tama sure can get tiring:

P1tamaAgain3_zpsxeupnbn2.jpg
He then grew into a toddler and promptly went to sleep, as he was hatched after his bedtime:

P1tamaAgain4_zps0miiltcl.jpg
I'm not entirely sure which character I'm going for this time around, but I'm thinking Ginjirotchi might be worth a shot. I haven't raised a Ginji in a looooong time, which is sad because he happens to be one of my faves. I also find him rather hard to get so there's a chance this could end in failure.

Hello, I'm back! Remember yesterday when I said I was REALLY hoping Gemma would become Nikatchi? Well, it happened!

Gemma5_zpsiyntixw5.jpg
Gemma6_zpsnhhdcivg.jpg
Yay! I know Nikatchi is technically one of the bad teens, but she's so cute! How can you resist that cheeky little grin? I have no idea which adult I'm going to aim for. Last time I had Nikatchi, I managed to get Pochitchi. I probably won't be that lucky this time around, but I suppose I'm just going to care for her as I normally would and see what the result will be.

Fiona is now five years old, which means she'll probably be able to marry by Thursday. Other than that, she hasn't done too much.

Fiona10_zpscrpl8inf.jpg
Fiona11_zpsyjqctqvl.jpg
Like most of the unhealthy characters, one of Fiona's common animations is her watching TV. The only other time I've had that animation was with a Masktchi. Her closeup animation is interesting too - she uses her ninja skills to jump off the screen and then greet me up close.

Marutchi on my P1 is still happy and healthy, and he hasn't reset himself!! Hopefully we're in the clear and the random resetting doesn't happen again. The only photo I posted of him was him sleeping, so here he is, happy and awake!

P1tamaAgain5_zps3x5rnn0f.jpg
I've definitely decided to go for Ginji this time around. Even if I don't succeed, it's okay. If I neglect too much and end up with Maskutchi, that's fine because I can get the secret character. If I don't neglect enough and end up with Mametchi, that's fine because Mametchi is cute. I'm going to try the method of disciplining to 75% and letting the hearts drop to two twice. It should work.

Ilse is now 73 years old and guess what finally appeared in her shop this morning? THE MIRROR!

IlseMirror_zpsrmoqitdp.jpg
IlseMirror2_zpspclihn8v.jpg
The V3 doesn't have the little C click animation thing that the V4 and later do, and oldies don't do closeup animations like regular adults do, so I've never seen Ilse closeup in her oldie form until now. Isn't she adorable?

Hello, I'm back! First of all, big news. I was holding out until payday to buy another tama for my collection, and i finally did so. I had a really hard time deciding which one I wanted to get and I eventually narrowed it down to three - I wanted either an Akai, an Osu/Mesu pair, or a +Color. I ended up choosing the +Color because it was actually the cheapest out of the three - $35 + shipping, which equaled out to around $50. It is secondhand, but so are most of my other tamas so I don't mind too much.

I've wanted to try a colour tama for quite a while but had to do quite a bit of research before actually trying to choose one. Don't forget, I am a total noob who didn't even know colour screen tamas existed until about two years ago. I ended up choosing the +Color because it seemed like the best one for me personally, and it did seem like the best one to start out with for someone who's never had a colour before. If I really like it, I may consider getting one of the newer models.

(Oh yeah, not to mention, my entama STILL isn't here. I continue to wait patiently.)

Anyway, let's talk about the tamas I already have. Gemma the adorable Nikatchi is still doing very well. I've been taking pretty good care of her. I'm still kind of praying for Pochitchi but I'm not quite sure how to repeat my results from last time, haha. Plus, the V2 is pretty random, so there really isn't a definitive method to get a certain character. Either way, I haven't let her hearts drop below three yet. That might change tonight because I'm bringing her to work. Her training bar is currently 7/9 - she last called for training just an hour ago.

Gemma7_zpsd70c9wlv.jpg
Gemma, always smiling even while she sleeps! I'd seriously neglect JUST to get Nikatchi every time. (I didn't neglect Gemma herself, but I DID accidentally neglect her parent. She became Nikatchi from rather good care, simply because of her lineage. Tama genetics are weird, aren't they?)

Fiona will be getting the matchmaker tomorrow hopefully, after which she'll be going on pause as I'm using my pink V3 for the Valentines hatch on here. A little weird to use a tama you're currently running for a group hatch, but I don't own that many pink tamas. It was either my V3, my P1 (which I'm NOT resetting again), or my V4.5. I've already told you guys about my V4.5 and why I'm really not in the mood to battle with it right now. So my V3 it is.

One odd thing I'm finding about Gozarutchi is that she's really needy. She drops hearts faster than any adult I've ever had. She went around two hours without care this morning while I went to run some errands (I got a little something for my Entama, which I'll show you guys when it gets here) - when I got home and checked on her, she was sick with all hearts empty. Meanwhile, 74 year old Ilse had only dropped one heart. I better watch it or she's gonna end up dead on me :/

FionaSnow_zpsbxflg8ch.jpg
FionaDarts_zpstksyarkb.jpg
FionaDarts2_zpsznb6orxq.jpg
I'll probably end up pausing her tonight while I'm at work. If she can't even go 2 hours without care, she's not gonna fare well while I work. I've yet to have a Connection die on me and I don't want to make that a first, haha.

Marutchi on my P1 is still doing well as well. I accidentally let his hunger hearts drop down to two once, but from past experience, it actually takes quite a bit of neglect to get the beaked teen, so I shouldn't have a problem. His training is currently at 75%. I believe he'll be evolving tomorrow, although I will have to pause him while I'm at work. As a rule, I don't bring vintages to work because they can get unpaused a lot easier than Connections do. I learned that with my Angel a while back.

Ilse is now 74 and still doing super well. She'll be 75 tonight - three quarters of a century! I made a little animation of her and her music player - I don't believe I've ever animated her before so you guys have only ever seen still photos. Well, here's Ilse in action:

IlseMusic_zpsg4ydxzsf.gif
I sometimes run out of ideas of things to post about her. I don't know too many people who have actually tried to log daily about a long-lived oldie, but it isn't easy. They don't do much. They don't do any of the special animations that regular adults do. Yet for some reason, I still find it interesting. I still enjoy sharing her with anyone that reads this log. It's a long but rather fun experiment, seeing exactly how far I can go and how long I can get her to live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'm back! First of all, my +Color has officially shipped, and the ETA is next Friday. I bought it from japanyouwant again, and last time I bought from them the tama actually came early, so we'll have to wait and see what happens! My entama still isn't here, although the ETA was actually yesterday so I'm expecting it any day now. Waiting is always the hardest part but it'll be worth it when they get here!

Today is Gemma's third and last day of being a teen. Nikatchi makes me laugh because she's ALWAYS smiling, which is quite funny in instances like this:

Gemma8_zpsyi8qqic9.jpg
Once again, I have no clue what kind of adult she's going to become. I've taken decent care of her, I think, and her training bar is full. But I did muck up her care a bit last night at work. I forgot all about her and didn't check on her for around 2 hours or so. When I finally did, her hunger and happy hearts had both dropped to three empty. So I'm not really expecting a perfect care adult at this point, but the V2 is full of surprises, so I really don't know.

Fiona should be getting the matchmaker today, although I did pause her for a while last night, so the matchmaker could come tomorrow. She's 6 as I write this but she'll turn 7 tonight. I'm interested to see who the matchmaker brings for her. She's one of the unhealthiest characters possible, so I don't see it being likely that she'll be offered a healthy mate.

Even still, she did get an upgrade to her tiny TV this morning!

Fiona12_zpskxjnatrr.jpg
Fiona13_zpsqualul2g.jpg
Time to go and play lots of games of Heading because she's now quite low on points. It was worth it though.

My P1 hasn't evolved yet because he was on pause last night. He'll have to be paused again tonight while I'm at work so I don't know if he'll evolve today or not. If not, he'll for sure evolve tomorrow.

P1tamaAgain6_zpsg7ukxm68.jpg
His discipline bar is currently at 75%. I'm waiting on that final call which he should be making any moment now.

Last but not least, Ilse turned 75 last night - she's now three quarters of a tama-century old. Only 25 (well, 24 and a half) more days until she reaches 100 and I'm definitely rooting for her :D .

IlseFiona2_zpstbfklung.jpg
ilseFiona3_zps8t6kgcca.jpg
IlseFiona4_zpssy5dohvr.jpg
Ignore the fact that my V3 got a MASSIVE scratch on the screen while I was at work. It definitely shows up in the photos... bleh. Ilse and Fiona remain great friends. Of course, Fiona will be having a baby soon and leaving, but I'm sure she'll be able to welcome Fiona's child, just as she was able to do with Fiona. It's great that she's able to have friends even in her old age!

Hello! I don't normally update my log more than once a day, but I'd like to show you guys what I found at my local Goodwill for $3...

Dinkie1_zps3ygdmqmr.jpg
I sometimes go there looking for tamas because that is where I found my V2 and V4.5 a while back. I don't typically get lucky there but today I did. I've wanted a Dinkie Dino for a while because I've read several logs that feature them and they look so cute. I was definitely worried about it being a fake but after doing a bunch of research, everything matches up. It's the Japanese version too, oddly enough.

My original tabbing of this thing was quite uneventful. The batteries that were in it were dead. Then, when I took the battery cover off, I discovered that one of the batteries had corroded. So I had to open the whole thing up and clean the circuit board and contacts. I popped fresh batteries in it, put the battery cover back on, and... IT WORKS!

Dinkie2_zpsqvnrp2ly.jpg
There's two things I still haven't figured out. I've read that you can pause these much like you can pause a tamagotchi - by putting it on the clock set screen. But I can't figure out how to do that. Not sure if anyone who reads this log has one of these or can help me out, lol. I might have to do a little more research or read some more logs. I also can't figure out how to mute it. Plus I have to work tonight - I'm not leaving this thing beeping in my bag or my coworkers will think I am crazy. Plus he'll probably end up dying on me anyway... bleh. I really do want to take some time to run this thing for a while because it seems fun.

On a different note, guess who grew legs today?

P1tamaAgain7_zpsegtd68x0.jpg
Yay! His hunger hearts already dropped to two totally by accident. I now have to let his happy hearts drop to two, then repeat the process once more. I really hope it works.

EDIT: Muting accomplished! Pausing not yet accomplished. Also, my V3 Fiona just got the matchmaker and had a lovely baby girl who is going to be called Joey. Pictures of that coming tomorrow as I'm too lazy to edit them right now.

Hello, I'm back! Gemma evolved this morning and, well, let's just say I'm baffled and pretty disappointed...

Gemma9_zpsgy7a31bd.jpg
I hope I don't sound like I'm whining or complaining, but this makes no sense. I accidentally let Gemma's hearts drop to three empty ONCE. Other than that, I took nearly perfect care of her. Her training bar is maxed out. She never got sick once. I was always pretty quick to fill her hearts and clean up after her. Her weight was always kept at the minimum. So I really don't understand why she became the worst adult. At least when Fiona became Gozarutchi, I was able to brush it off as a failed care experiment. With Gemma's evolution, I really can't explain it.

On a brighter note, Fiona got married yesterday! The matchmaker brought along a Tsunotchi and she couldn't resist. Here's the growth chart I made for her:

FionaGrowth_zpseppwuxkd.png
And here's the wedding photos!

FionaMarry1_zpsvnemudaz.jpg
FionaMarry2_zpsjirkbflg.jpg
FionaMarry3_zps1c7jahs2.jpg
FionaMarry4_zpsatqyhc3e.jpg
That's now three girls in a row on this tama. Maybe the pinkness really does draw the girls in. Anyway, Fiona's daughter is going to be named Joey (okay, so maybe I wanted a boy. But I think the name can still work for a girl!). I'm going to be pausing her tonight because Joey is going to be part of the Valentine's hatch here. So my V3 will be out of this log for a couple of days, but it will be back soon!

I managed to figure out some things, so yes, I'm still running my Dinkie Dino currently! I did figure out how to pause it - you gotta press Esc and Enter at exactly the same time, then when the clock comes up press Enter again. It'll start blinking and that's how you know it's paused.

Dinkie3_zpsoywwwwqk.jpg
Dinkie4_zpshmrxgoov.jpg
My little guy should be growing into a slightly bigger blob in due time. I've been feeding him only apples and carrots because I'm trying for a Brontosaurus. He did get sick this morning, which caused his stats to reset (this is apparently perfectly normal) - I'm still trying to get the hang of the whole air conditioning thing, so I'm guessing that's why. I know that the temperature should be kept at 25C, but sometimes I kinda forget about it and don't notice until he's either shivering or angry at me.

Tamatchi on my P1 is still doing well. I let his hunger hearts drop to two twice. His happy hearts have dropped to two once, so I'm trying to let them drop once more. His discipline is still 50% as he was paused last night and he hasn't yet called today. The teen stage is always the longest for me because I'm always eager to see if my caretaking has paid off.

Ilse is 76 years old today and still quite spry in her old age. She tried the genie lamp again and received 3000 points as a gift. What a generous genie! That means her points are yet again maxed out and her item list is full so I really don't know what to buy. Maybe I'll donate some to the king.

IlseAge29_zpsotx2d87y.jpg
Yeah, she's a bit overweight because I never have time to play with her while I'm at work, so I stuff her with snacks xD. I'm sure she likes it but she does need to get some exercise.

Thank you!! And thank you to *Hayden* for liking several posts in this thread! Also, wow - page 6. This log's title gets more and more inaccurate each day, but by this point, I think I'll just roll with it rather than creating a new thread. When I first started this log, I didn't intend on expanding my collection and was just gonna stick with the V2 and 3. Well, that's changed since I've found so many more versions that I want to try. So in a way, I guess the title is half-accurate because I have more of a "virtual zoo" than I did before!

Anyway, my pink V3 has gone on pause temporarily, so I'm currently running just two Connections (Ilse and Gemma), my P1, and the Dinkie Dino I got the other day. Not much has gone on with Gemma. I find that whenever I get bad care characters accidentally, I have a habit of not paying attention to them as much. It's a little mean, I suppose, but I don't like Masktchi very much. Probably because I got her WAY too many times as a kid. I'll be pretty eager to marry Gemma off once the matchmaker comes.

GemmaSnow_zpsfqhrc0bq.jpg
GemmaFiona_zpsqzftzbyg.jpg
Gemma had some fun in the snow yesterday. She also got to enjoy it with Fiona and baby Joey!

Tamatchi on my P1 is currently on day 3 of the teen stage. I have not been pausing him as much as I paused the last P1 I ran. I'll have to pause him tonight while I work, but with luck, he should be evolving by tomorrow I believe. I've done everything that usually works to get Ginji. His hunger and happy hearts have both dropped to two, twice each. His discipline is at 75%. Other than that, I've mostly been taking perfect care.

Dinkie actually has not grown since the last time I posted. I'm thinking I should stop messing with his clock so much. I'm trying to avoid pausing, but sometimes it's impossible because of my job. I do bring Ilse with me to work because she is low-maintenance. Other than that, I can't handle too many tamas/pets there, unfortunately.

Dinkie5_zpsix5zkkx8.jpg
Dinkie6_zpsymldpsze.jpg
Dinkie7_zpsdmk7vyk8.jpg
(why is each photo progressively more zoomed in than the last one? I need to learn to crop better xD)
He got dirty last night, so that means... shower time! He looked so happy once he was all cleaned up!

Speaking of Ilse, she turned 77 last night. Hard to believe she's nearly 80, but she is. She actually would be 79 today if an unfortunate glitch hadn't messed up her age counter early on. Which kind of gets me thinking - if she does surpass 99, how am I going to count her age? Will I count it with the number of days she's actually been living, not counting the weird glitch, or do I go by what the age counter would be reading if it were still functional? I have a feeling I'll probably end up doing the second one. I do know the exact time she ages and that time hasn't changed in a while. So it should be easy to count that way.

IlseTrumpet_zpstmecjfm1.gif
I made a little animation of her playing the trumpet! I should have cropped each photo evenly but other than that, I think it's accurate!

Aw, so cute! I love the snow animations and stuff. :) Ilse has been running for quite some time now, hasn't she? Let's just hope she lives to be 100!!

I was wondering, considering you're quite busy and all, why don't you try to get a Tamagotchi Mini? I've heard those are very low maintenance. So is the V5, from my experience, but I don't like the family bonding and growth cycle. :/

Other than that, I can't wait to see what happens next!

Aw, so cute! I love the snow animations and stuff. :) Ilse has been running for quite some time now, hasn't she? Let's just hope she lives to be 100!!

I was wondering, considering you're quite busy and all, why don't you try to get a Tamagotchi Mini? I've heard those are very low maintenance. So is the V5, from my experience, but I don't like the family bonding and growth cycle. :/

Other than that, I can't wait to see what happens next!
I've considered the Mini before but they're pretty expensive here (most things I see on eBay are priced in USD and I'm in Canada) - all of the ones I've seen have been $40 or more and I don't fancy spending that on one of the least feature-rich tamas. So far, I find that the early connections (V1-V3) work quite well for me even if I have to pause them sometimes. I'm not working as much this week either and I'll have quite a bit of downtime - hopefully that'll give my P1 and Dinkie lots of time to grow!

Hello, I'm back! Gemma is six today which means tomorrow should be matchmaker day! I'm interested to see what the matchmaker will bring, but I'm not too optimistic about it being a healthy mate. Oh well, I'm not too bothered. I remember a while back, I was super concerned about the mates the matchmaker would bring for my tamas, but now I just go with the flow and accept the first mate she offers, usually.

Gemma10_zpslmmtoqbw.jpg
Gemma11_zpsucspnwfu.jpg
When I was younger, I always thought Masktchi was supposed to be a boy, but apparently she's actually a girl (on some of the newer tamas that actually have established genders unlike this one). Maybe that's why the bow suits her so well! The second photo is her using the cape, although the animation for that one was not too elaborate.

Dinkie finally grew after like three days, so I guess I was right. It was all the clock tinkering that messed up his growth. He's an even bigger, cuter blob now!

Dinkie8_zpsmrh0juub.jpg
Dinkie9_zpshfierdz5.jpg
I totally forgot to take a photo of this part, but he actually has a little tooth now! Just one. It shows when he's happy and after he finishes eating and it's really adorable. He also now wears a little graduation cap (that's what it looks like) studies. Super cute! I'm continuing to feed him only apples and carrots, with the occasional ice cream here and there (I've had a few instances where he gets mad at me and nothing else works to cheer him up. I hope that's normal).

My P1 SHOULD be evolving tomorrow. Fingers crossed! He's seven years old currently although he's accumulated maybe 10-ish hours worth of pausing. I feel like I never post pictures of my P1 in here but that's because he always looks the same. I already posted a photo of him when he evolved into Tamatchi, and he looks exactly like that now. I will for sure have photos ready once he evolves though. (Still hoping for Ginji! I don't think I've screwed anything up but time will tell.)

Ilse is still with us at the age of 78! She'll be 79 in just over an hour and she officially becomes an octogenarian tomorrow, at 7:46PM.

IlseAge30_zpstvirozgr.jpg
Her weight has been brought down since I took that photo. She's now a slimmer 39lbs. Winning a few games of Bump helped her out, I guess. I made another animation of her, this time lifting weights:

IlseWeights_zpshan80ps7.gif
I love how she tries to look all tough and stuff and then just gets completely worn out. She's still quite fit for a 78 year old, isn't she?

Hello, I'm back! Today was the big day for Gemma - she got married!

GemmaGrowth_zpskydfbma9.png
Just as I'd predicted, the matchmaker brought along a Gozarutchi. Yeah, he's unhealthy but I thought they made a pretty cute couple. First came the wedding...

GemmaMarry1_zpsmpfokhny.jpg
GemmaMarry2_zpsm9tfn1uh.jpg
And then, a baby boy!

GemmaChild_zpsuouokt1v.jpg
This is perfect because I'm going to be starting up my pink V3 again tomorrow, and on that one, I have a baby girl. Maybe I can make Gemma leave her baby early tomorrow and use both tamas for the Valentines hatch - that'd be kind of cool to log a tama couple in a hatch like that.

I have not decided on a name for Gemma's baby yet, but it'll be something starting with H. Preferably something that goes nicely with Joey, my V3 who will be his future mate. Henry maybe? I'm not totally sure yet.

Dinkie grew again this morning, and from the looks of it, I believe I'm actually going to end up with a Triceratops. Not sure why, but I might as well roll with it! He now has a tail and a little horn on his head.

Dinkie10_zpsatnubyqk.jpg
He kinda looks like a little ghost. One thing I like is that he actually grows every day, so he should be reaching his full-grown form tomorrow, provided I don't pause or mess with the clock.

Speaking of growing, guess who hasn't evolved yet? My P1. He did get sick last night and that's always a sign of impending change. So I'm hoping he'll evolve by this evening at least. If not, tomorrow is almost guaranteed.

He made his final call for discipline this morning (I think). I obviously ignored it, keeping his discipline bar at 75%. I've still been keeping his hearts full and keeping his weight at the minimum.

Ilse turned 79 last night which means today, she's in her 80th tama year. To celebrate, I unpaused her friend Fiona so they could have a few visits.

IlseFiona5_zpsy9h3ftzk.jpg
IlseFiona6_zpsb8psxnvv.jpg
I also bought her a Valentines chocolate from the shop, which I will give her later. Happy (almost) 80th, Ilse - here's to 80 more!

Hello, I'm back! I ended up not changing Gemma's clock to make her leave, so she'll be with me a little longer. She will be leaving her son tonight though - he will be a day behind Joey, but that should not be a problem.

GemmaUFO_zpscajsjdgu.jpg
I haven't decided on a name yet but I'm thinking Henry or Harley. I like Harley but I'd have to alter the spelling a bit to make it fit. Oh well, stay tuned and I guess you'll find out tomorrow!

My pink V3 is back in the mix, so I'm once again running two V3s. I finally unpaused Fiona so that she could leave her baby last night. This morning, I was greeted by an adorable baby girl, who I named Joey, just like I said I was going to!

Joey1_zpszsazjann.jpg
Joey3_zpsn6ok1vpn.jpg
Joey is a part of the Valentine's hatch here on Tamatalk. I'll be logging her there alongside several other members. I'll still be logging her in this thread as well, although my logs for the hatch might end up being a little more detailed.

Anyway, here she is as a newborn baby:

Joey2_zpsbrxeh93p.jpg
And here she is one hour later, as a slightly grown up Tamatchi!

Joey4_zpsc98jlxxf.jpg
Joey5_zpshq1ygthg.jpg
That result was expected because she's the offspring of two unhealthy adults (Gozarutchi and Tsunotchi). If the V3 is anything like the V2 is, it also seems likely that she'll become a bad care teen even if I take perfect care of her in the toddler stage. That's what happened to Gemma - I took good care of her as a Hitodetchi but she still became Nikatchi (maybe Joey will become Nikatchi!! I kinda hope so). Either way, stay tuned because she'll be evolving tomorrow!

Let's see, what's next? Oh yes. Dinkie actually has not evolved today even though I'm pretty sure he was supposed to. I had to tinker with the clock yesterday because I was too busy to care from him. I've not been the best caretaker to him so I really hope he doesn't die early. I've heard that can happen.

Speaking of evolving, guess who did evolve? My P1! Unfortunately, I didn't get Ginji, but instead got another Maskutchi. I didn't think I neglected him that much but apparently I did. Oops. Oh well, I can't complain because now I might as well try for the secret character again.

P1tamaAdult_zpsnhxn8ooe.jpg
I gotta admit, I'm actually kind of happy to have him back. I was sad when my other one reset because I was just starting to grow fond of him. He's not the healthiest character, but he's pretty cute!

Last but not least, guess who's 80?

IlseAge31_zpse6dhhr8a.jpg
Yeah, she's still overweight, but other than that, she's healthy! She has not met Joey yet but I might connect them later. Pretty crazy how I've actually grown quite attached to her by this point. This is the longest I've ever kept a single tama alive - usually I just keep them for a week and then marry 'em off. That's not to say I don't bond with my other tamas, but Ilse is truly special because of how long she's been here.

To celebrate her 80th (and Valentine's Day!), I bought her some chocolate from the shop. I wonder why she's overweight, hmm?

IlseChocolate_zpshtlz1wv0.jpg
IlseChocolate2_zpskij2pngp.jpg
That second picture is kind of lousy, but you get the point. Not the healthiest food, but she seems happy!

Hello, I'm back! First of all, remember a little while ago when I said I was doing a little experiment with my Angel to see what would happen if it went for a week untouched? Well...

2r4hogj.jpg
I actually completely forgot about it until I was looking for something in the drawer, and there it was! I've done this experiment before but this is the first time I've ended up with Lucky Unchi-Kun. It will go back home if I press B but it's still pretty cool nonetheless.

Anyway, I did end up making Gemma leave her baby early, at around 6:30PM last night. I wanted him to be closer in age to Joey because I plan to mate them. I ended up naming him Harley (it's spelled "Harly" in the tama itself because I couldn't fit it. But I prefer to spell it Harley so that's what I'll do.)

1zm2h4h.jpg
s3lp4p.jpg
2zqs9jn.jpg
Here he is, as an adorable, blobby little baby:
9zm79t.jpg
I love the V3 babies because of their ears, and I love the V2 babies because of their little feet. So cute! An hour later, Harley grew into an equally adorable Hitodetchi:

2q3ud80.jpg
He should now be turning into a teen tonight. I'm assuming he'll be either Oniontchi or Hinotamatchi, because those are the teens that can come from Hitodetchi on an even gen. I haven't had Oniontchi on the V2 yet (only on the Plus/V1), so I kinda hope he becomes that.

Joey evolved last night and I'm super happy. I got Nikatchi again!! I just had one on my V2 not too long ago and now I get one on the V3. Yay!

2el9mid.jpg
a0fjiq.jpg
More photos of Joey the Nikatchi can be found in this thread. I can't fit them because of the 10 image limit. She's as cute as a button, isn't she? Unlike the first two gens I ran on this tama, I'm not doing any radical care experiments this time. I'm just going to care for her normally and we'll see what happens!

Dinkie grew some legs this morning! He's five years old at the moment although he'd be seven if I didn't pause him.

hv6xy0.jpg
He's no longer a blob! Yay! Again, I haven't been the best caretaker, but he didn't get sick yesterday or today yet, so that is a good sign!

Ilse is 81 now and still as healthy as a frog. She's going to max out the age counter in just 18 days, which is crazy. Like I said, I have a habit of posting photos of her age counter, but I won't need to do that anymore!

14mcdwk.jpg
I have no idea if I'm going for the record age, or just seeing how long she can stay around. Probably the latter, to be honest. Even if she doesn't break the record, she holds my own personal record for the oldest tama I've ever raised. And for that, she's quite special.

Hello, I'm back! I had a LOT of photos for this entry but I had to cut it down to ten. Some of the ones I'm omitting here can be found in the Valentine's hatch log. Anyway, Harley evolved last night and just as I expected, he became Hinotamatchi.

Harley5_zpssdsu4rgz.jpg
Harley7_zps059dpty8.jpg
I'm just going to take good care of him and see what happens. Last time I did that, I ended up with Toratchi. I could end up with a repeat result or I could end up with something different. The V2 is full of surprises so you really never know. I have been disciplining/praising Harley whenever he asks for it - his training bar is currently at 5/9. I don't think I've missed any opportunities yet and I shouldn't have any problem filling it completely by the time he's an adult.

Joey is still a cute little Nikatchi - she's got about 2 more days to go before she becomes an adult. I've been taking pretty good care of her as well. All of her hearts are filled and her training bar is currently at 7/9. It should be full by the end of today.

Joey and I went shopping this morning; her shop had a great selection! She got a genie lamp, a chest, and a shovel. She hasn't used the lamp or the shovel yet but we did have some fun with the chest:

Joey10_zpss9gszj3b.jpg
Joey11_zpso3u28y5p.jpg
Joey12_zpssomrv4sn.jpg
She has two boomboxes now. I might gift one over to Ilse if Ilse doesn't have one already. She might. If she does, I'll just trash it I suppose. Oh well, presents are always nice and I think Joey is inclined to agree.

Maskutchi on my P1 is now 11 years old, the same age my other one was when it reset itself. I feel like I don't post enough photos in here of my P1, so I did a little photoshoot with it this morning. The last photo is a little blurry, whoops.

zy7yhz.jpg
2qtzthw.jpg
mmsuuw.jpg
I have no idea if he will change into Oyajitchi or not. I accidentally let his hearts drop down to two a couple of times. Other than that I've been taking good care. His discipline bar is currently at 75% and he should be making his last call today.

Ilse is 82 now and still as strong as ever. It's now been almost three months since she was hatched - time really does go by fast, doesn't it? Lately, she's been having lots of fun playing with her clone:

10mmwrl.jpg
1zat69.jpg
At first she wasn't so sure, but she quickly warmed up. After that, it looks like she had a blast!

Hello, I'm back! Not a ton has happened in the world of my tamas today. Joey and Harley should be turning into adults tomorrow but for now, they're the same old rebellious teens.

Harley8_zpsu8pkttid.jpg
23r27ar.jpg
Harley evidently does not have good luck with the shovel. Better luck next time, I guess. He made another call for training about 20 minutes ago and now his training bar is maxed out. Yay! I don't know how much training influences on the V2, but hopefully he becomes something good.

Joey tried her luck with the shovel as well, and unfortunately ended up with the same result:

Joey14_zps7xi7pq1v.jpg
Joey15_zpspgnveoeg.jpg
I guess she and Harley both have bad luck. To cheer her up, I gave her the boombox to play with:

Joey13_zpsu276md0k.jpg
Joey also has a full training bar as of last night. Again, I don't know how much of an influence training has on which adult you get, but I guess I will find out tomorrow!

I'm still running my Dinkie Dino as of now, although I don't know how much longer I will be. Five virtual pets is a LOT to be running at once. Once he becomes fully grown I might tab him back up.

Dinkie12_zps3ra3pv10.jpg
He did grow a little more this morning. I believe he'll be fully grown by tomorrow. He's currently seven, although without pausing he'd probably be around nine. I still don't know how I ended up with a Triceratops from feeding only apples and carrots, but somehow it happened. Can't really complain because he's still adorable.

Maskutchi on my P1 is 12 today. He actually got sick right before I started writing this - if I'm not mistaken, that's a sign of impending change. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. These guys don't typically turn into the secret characters past the age of twelve, but mine has been paused a bit so his growth might be a little off.

P1tamaAgain10_zpsuc0dyugx.jpg
We finally got some snow and he got to enjoy it with me! Unfortunately, it's supposed to be 11C tomorrow so all the snow is going to melt. Our weather is just messed up.

Ilse is now 83, almost 84. She's getting really close to 100 and I do think she'll make it. She's still never been sick once, which I suppose is impressive for a tama her age. I spent some time playing games with her to get her weight down to minimum. She's also had lots of fun connecting and playing games with Joey!

IlseBow3_zpsrqqtujwi.jpg
IlseBow4_zpsxvpjeay0.jpg
I wish I could buy her more items but her inventory is maxed out. She's still missing some of the more expensive ones like the throne. Do V3s have the UFO as an available item or is that just a V2/V4 thing? If so, she needs that too. Maybe I'll gift some of her items that she doesn't use over to Joey.

One last slightly unrelated note...

I did another experiment with my Angel. I came across a thread on Tama Zone that said you can get Debirutchi on the Angel if you turn the lights out three times in the baby stage (EDIT: Here is a similar thread). So, I put it to the test. I hatched a new baby on my Angel and cared for it normally for 20 or so minutes. Then, I turned the light out (it was not sleeping at this point). When I turned it back on, the baby was sick. So I healed it and turned the light out again. Same deal. I healed it again and turned the light out a third time. The third time, I heard the familiar evolution beep but instead of becoming Maruten, Debirutchi appeared on the screen. Pretty cool!

debirutchiangel_zpse3mqidte.jpg

Hello, I'm back! There have been some evolutions in my tama family today - Joey and Harley, of course! I'm surprised and pleased with the results. Stay tuned because I'm about to tell you all about them.

I brought Harley with me to work tonight because I knew he would be evolving soon and wanted to give him some extra time to grow. At around 7PM, I had a slow moment, took a peek at him, and...

bk5eu.jpg
...Debatchi! Again, I can never actually explain how I get the adults I get. I suppose I took decent care of Hinotamatchi although the happy hearts dropped down to two a few times. Training was full. From my experience, the V2 is quite random when it comes to growth. I've actually never had Debatchi before, but despite rarely changing up my caretaking style, it took me until generation 14 to get him. I'm super happy though - he's adorable!

34xhy7o.jpg
2e3y48x.jpg
I also made a little growth chart for him and I suppose this is where the spoiler is. Obviously, his future mate is Joey...

apa4pz.jpg
Yup, Joey is now an equally adorable Kuchipatchi! Since what I may call my "tama rebirth" (ie. I didn't play with tamas a whole ton for the past ten years and now I'm actively running them again), I've had Kuchipatchi exactly once. That was on my Tama Plus, which I actually debugged (not sure if I ever told you guys that, hehe. That's a whole other story but I find it more fun now that it's debugged), then ran in hyperspeed mode until it became an adult. So I'm not sure that counts because I cheated a little. (I must note that it was that Kuchipatchi which I based my avatar on)

But I digress. I wasn't even expecting Joey to evolve this morning because she accidentally got paused for a few hours. But she did, and she surprised me. Like the V2, I'm unable to explain why my V3 becomes the adults that it does. I gave her the same exact care I gave Harley. I guess that explains why they're both second-top tier adults. Other than that, I really don't know.

jr4fx5.jpg
For whatever reason, Harley the Debatchi still comes up as Nazotchi in Joey's shell. So I guess it's going to be a mailman marriage.

1zdud0j.jpg
308fg9u.jpg
She's as cute as a button and she sure knows it. She looks so cuddly - I wish I could take her out of her shell and just hug her.

My Dinkie Dino didn't grow any bigger today but he did age so maybe he'll become fully grown tomorrow? Other than that I have nothing to report on so I guess I will move on to my P1. Not a ton to report on there either - Maskutchi is 13, and still no secret character. No clue if he will evolve or not. He's been paused a fair bit, although I'd say if he doesn't evolve by tomorrow, he probably won't evolve. My caretaking has been less than stellar, I'll leave it at that.

2rbz0bp.jpg
I just noticed the blanket I used in that photo matches my tama a little too well. And yes, he's quite overweight. Whoops.

Ilse is now 85 and still doing just wonderful. She's asleep as I write this, so I don't have many photos for today. She had a good day though. During the afternoon, I played lots of games with her, then let her connect with Joey to play even more games.

s5bk8j.jpg
In the evening, she accompanied me to work and got to be my little helper. Of course, she got tired out pretty quickly and went to bed at 8PM. She'll be back up at 7AM tomorrow morning for another day of adventures!

Hello, I'm back! This log entry comes to you fairly late at night because: 1) I had WAY too many photos (25+) for today and had to sift through them and 2) I was too lazy during the day to actually write. But I'm here now and I have some updates.

First of all, I accidentally married Joey and Harley a day before I intended to. I'll probably end up pausing them tomorrow night so that I can keep them around a little longer.

HarleyInara_zpsbqppeoao.jpg
JoeyAnika_zpsquev0kmo.jpg
Yes, they wound up having baby girls. I've been getting quite a few girls lately. Every tama I've raised on that pink V3 has been a girl so far, but I guess that's just some kind of weird coincidence. Anyway, the babies' names are going to be Inara and Anika. Inara for Harley's daughter of course, carrying on with the alphabet theme.

Other than that, I also snapped a few photos of Joey having fun with some items. She particularly enjoys the TV:

Joey19_zps5knzrzvw.jpg
Joey22_zpsrdhaqtp3.jpg
My Dinkie Dino finally became fully grown this morning! I've also decided to put him on pause for now, although I would love to run him again when I've not got so many pets going at once.

Dinkie13_zpseupvngnw.jpg
I chose to pause rather than tab, so that I can pick up where I left off when I do choose to run him again. I really don't think it will be that long, that's why I chose to leave the batteries in.

Maskutchi on my P1 didn't evolve, so I'm assuming he's going to be staying the way he is. That's alright with me because I find him pretty cute. The other day, I spent some time making a little cradle for my P1 (it could work for other vintages, but it matches my P1 REALLY well). I didn't finish perfecting it until today though:

P1tamacradle_zpsch0srih7.jpg
I also made a pink one which is currently housing my Angelgotchi. I should have made it a little bigger as it does not work with Connections, but other than that it works pretty well.

Ilse is 86 as I write this and still doing well as always. She had a good day. I don't have many pictures because she's once again asleep as I write. I did capture her playing Bump earlier:

Ilse32_zpsktfsrzao.jpg
Ilse33_zps9bnhn8lc.jpg
She lost. I, for whatever reason, really like Bump even though a lot of people don't. It seems to be mostly based on luck. Sometimes Ilse will clear all the rounds, sometimes she'll get halfway through, and sometimes she'll lose on the first round. I'm not sure whether weight has an impact but it might.

Hello, I'm back! First of all, I finally found a Keitai Akai that wasn't $50, so I obviously went for it. It is used and it doesn't come with a package, but it was only $14 and frankly, I don't care about packaging that much. I like to play with everything I get, so I really don't mind used as long as it's in good shape.

Second of all, Joey and Harley have spent almost the entire day on pause. I haven't really been in the mood for them today, plus my P1 is getting increasingly needy so that's been occupying my attention. I'll probably unpause them tomorrow and let them leave their children.Or I might keep them around for another day yet. Who knows?

Harley13_zpsjx0oyjtq.jpg
Joey18_zpsittcm80x.jpg
There they are saying hello! Kuchipatchi's close up animation on the V3 is different from the V1's, the one I based my avatar on. I prefer the V1's, but it's adorable either way.

As I said earlier, Maskutchi on my P1 is 15 now and starting to get needy. He drops one heart every 10-15 minutes and I don't remember him being that needy before. So I'm guessing it's because of age. I've no idea how long Maskutchi is supposed to live for, but I'm guessing he'll be leaving me in the next couple of days.

344ce2s.jpg
His weight skyrocketed because his happy hearts drop often and I'm not always in the mood to play the game. It gets tiresome having to constantly play it. Anyway, after he does leave, I've decided I'm not going to restart my P1 because I really want to run my Angel again. I don't know if I've said this but I probably have: the Angel is one of my all time favourite tamas. I've had two of them - one got ruined when my dad tried to open it, slipped multiple times, and stripped the screws to the point that they basically look like holes. Ouch. My blue one that you guys have seen is the working one (I was quite quick to replace the screws on that one with sturdier ones). I really like that one and would love to run it again as I've only ran the blue one once.

Ilse just turned 87 and has been asleep for about 10 minutes. She had another super day. I haven't been able to get enough of this gorgeous weather, so I've spent a lot of time outside and Ilse got to come with me as she comes everywhere with me!

afh9nm.jpg
15comu0.jpg
I had to use up the fishing pole in her items so that I can gift over the extra boombox from my other V3. I was hoping she'd catch something interesting but she caught a plain old fish.

Latest posts

Back