So, What's The Worst Book You Ever Read?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy but I have yet to find a book I do not like. And I promise I've read a good number of books in my 12 year life span. oh, and by the way, Erin Hunter is a pen name used by three authors and an editor/plot writer.

Erin Hunter is the pen name used by the authors of the Warriors novel series and the Seekers novel series.

Erin Hunter may refer to:

Kate Cary, author of Into the Wild, Fire and Ice, Rising Storm, Dawn, The Sight, Dark River, and Outcast

Cherith Baldry, author of Forest of Secrets, A Dangerous Path, The Darkest Hour, Midnight, Moonrise, Starlight, Twilight, Sunset, and Firestar's Quest

Tui Sutherland, author of Secrets of the Clans and Seekers: The Quest Begins

Victoria Holmes, editor and plot writer for each book

So when you are talking Erin Hunter you are talking about these four people.

neopets-ghoul catchers-the quest continues. it was too hard to understand, and it all seemed the same as the first one. XD I put it on the forbidden book shelf of DOOM! yeah that just means I put it on a shelf where I'll never have to read it.

:furawatchi:

I'm not a fan of The Giver by Lois Lowry. I think that it gets a bit confusing sometimes, and a little 'chalky'. I don't exactly think it's the worse, but it's not one of my favorites. Just not my taste.

Fog Magic by... whoever it was.

I had to read it a few years ago in school for a Novel Study, and I hated it.

It is the only book I have ever hated, and I've read a fair number of books.

It was about a girl who entered a whole different world or dimension when she walked through some fog.

That was the most painful novel I ever had to read.

Twilight is the ABSOLUTE WORST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ. I couldn't bare to read the rest of the series...

And yes, that did require caps.

Hmm. Here's a bit of a rant I made once--it was much longer than this, but I didn't want everyone to skip over it because it's so long.

Bella is your stereotypical Mary Sue hidden in plain sight. She's never had friends and always been a wallflower. Sob, pity. She's moving in with her father because she's just so epically perfect and willing to sacrifice her life because she cares for her mom so much. Sob, pity. She goes to a new school and she's epically popular in the first week and has guys hanging off her. OHYAYYYY!!!111! She describes herself as average (sob, pity), but that's obviously not the case with the guys hanging off her. Then Edward comes along. Yay! A vampire loves me because I SMELL GOOD and I am made EVEN MORE PERFECT AND UNIQUE BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ MY MIND! Then there's some strangled attempt at an actual PLOT near the end where Bella becomes a damsel in distress but is SAVED BY EDWARD YAY.

And don't get me started on EDWARD. Edward is perfect. He is described as "god-like", "perfect", and "beautiful" more times that I can count on my fingers and toes. He's super sexy, super strong, super powerful, and a super mind reader. And he's a vampire, which I think increases the character's perfection by 5 points just because that's what the majority of the teenage Internet population is fantasizing about right now. Then Meyer attaches some overprotectiveness at an attempt to make his personality a bit more flawed (which is perfect too, by the way). Ugggh.

And the writing! The writing was terrible. The first person made me hate Bella more. The descriptions were SO LACKING--I don't care what their hair color and eye color is! Tell me a bit of what they look like, a high forehead and pointed nose for example! Passively! Don't just sit there and say "Billy Bob had brown hair and blue eyes. He was tall." My goodness! And then Edward! Every time Edward came into the picture you seem to get out a thesaurus and look up alternate words for "beautiful"!

AHHH! I hate that book! Rawwwr!

/endrant!

I disagree, I actually kind of liked Heartbeat. It wasn't the worst book I've ever read, it was more ok than really terrible. I Hate most books by Gary Paulson =/ most specifically The Hatchet series. The first book "Hatchet" was ok, but then it just went on and on with what, 4 more books? It just got pointless.

There's a Boy In The Girls Bathroom.

Not worth ANYONE'S time. Absolutely horrible. The writing is bland and drags out a stupid plot that has been done one too many times.

The woman who rides like a man (or whatever it was called) by Tamora pierce. It just killed the rest of the series, and it wasn't even the last book. Tamora Pierce books just REALLY annoy me. ;)

I disagree, I actually kind of liked Heartbeat. It wasn't the worst book I've ever read, it was more ok than really terrible. I Hate most books by Gary Paulson =/ most specifically The Hatchet series. The first book "Hatchet" was ok, but then it just went on and on with what, 4 more books? It just got pointless.
I liked Hatchet. Possibly the only book I had to read for school I enjoyed.

But only the first book. The follow ons were [h][!][you know]

I actually read twilight and god! I hated it more than Back Home.

With twilight you either love it or hate it. There seems to be no in between =/

Ginger Pie, ugghh

the storie went on and on and on, there was bad writing, it made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, ack that book drove me nuts.

Twilight-The words are repeated, it's overly descripted, too romancy, Edward is abusive and creepy and the ending of it is crap.

Shoebag. The worst book EVER. It's about a cockroach who turns into a boy and tries to stop a bully.

I've read a bad book?

I bet I have, but can't remember it. At all.

I hate the twilight book. It dragged on and on and on! The whole plot was pointless. I only read it because a friend recemended it(shouldn't have trusted her). I could go on and on about this but it would be as pointless as twilight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back