So, What's The Worst Book You Ever Read?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering.Please give reasons. Not just--

"OMG, I HATE WARRIURZ BCUZ IT SUCKS"

"LOLOL I RLLY H8 SHAKESPHERE"

"BOBBY MC BOB IS THE WORST WRITERZ EVAR"

or:

"OMG, TWILIGHT IS SOOO HORIBLEZ, IT HURTS11ONESHIFTONE."

For me, sadly enough, I have to say Warriors... by Erin Hunter. I know, I dislike Twilight, but at least Meyer knows when to stop, and her writing actually has some description, and her characters are likeable... except Edward. Even Bella is half-decent. And I know, I used to run about the roleplay boards posting homages to Erin Hunter and my characters Spottedstone and Stormcloud. -rolls eyes-

I loved, absolutely adored the first six books. It was a lovely balance of love, action, and hilarity. Even with a Romeo and Juliet twist... Silverstream and Graystripe. There was no mention of another series, except for the end of 'The Darkest Hour', I think.

Even when I re-read the first book, I just get absorbed all over again.

But... then The New Prophecy came out. Great, okay.

Manga? Err...

Field guides.

Power of three.

Seekers.

Erin Hunter is leeching this series for all it's worth. And people are buying it. She seriously should have stopped after the sixth book. It had a totally unexpected ending-- I have thought that Tigerstar and Firestar would have an epic fight to the death. But Scourge came in, and that threw me off. Her writing has just gotten worse. It's getting old. She's re-using the same plot devices...

Humph.
WOW You hate TWILIGHT what kind of monster are you

I think the worst book is White Warriors it is soooo weird

The BEST book is probably INKHEART AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

(Going Crazy)

Probably The Big Wave by Pearl something...

I had to read it in the sixth grade. I hated it.

This one story about a golden retriever that was really smart or something in third grade. I had to do a report on what I thought about it. I think it was the most interesting report my teacher had ever seen. And probably the most honest.

In year 6 my teacher used to read The Wind Singer too us.

It was so boring that i'd rather do work, i had no idea what it was about, i just couldn't get into the story at all. :lol:

Cya! :p

WOW You hate TWILIGHT what kind of monster are you
I think the worst book is White Warriors it is soooo weird

The BEST book is probably INKHEART AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

(Going Crazy)
"What kind of monster are you"?

Excuse me, no 12 year old girl HAS to fantasize about a fake vampire sweeping them off their feet.

We're not monsters if we don't like a fad.

Probably the books I've had to read throughout school so far for novel studies, etc.

Teachers always do everything in their power to find the most annoying stupid books they can possibly find. (at least mine did ._.)

One of the worst was just recently, Freak The Mighty. I found the plot horrible and the book was just annoying to read.

Missing May.

It was too boring to be read. D;

And the day of the iguana. SO STUPID. It was like a 4th grader book, and we read it in 6th grade.

Probably The Big Wave by Pearl something...
I had to read it in the sixth grade. I hated it.
I've read that one before...I can't believe we had to take a whole week to read it. I could read that whole book in about 30 min. or so. I'm a fast reader though. I don't really know what was the worst book I've read...

Walter the farting dog... its just... so stupid... and i see no plot. AND the ending makes no sense... Fart powered amusement parks are just stupid...

Just wondering.Please give reasons. Not just--

"OMG, I HATE WARRIURZ BCUZ IT SUCKS"

"LOLOL I RLLY H8 SHAKESPHERE"

"BOBBY MC BOB IS THE WORST WRITERZ EVAR"

or:

"OMG, TWILIGHT IS SOOO HORIBLEZ, IT HURTS11ONESHIFTONE."

For me, sadly enough, I have to say Warriors... by Erin Hunter. I know, I dislike Twilight, but at least Meyer knows when to stop, and her writing actually has some description, and her characters are likeable... except Edward. Even Bella is half-decent. And I know, I used to run about the roleplay boards posting homages to Erin Hunter and my characters Spottedstone and Stormcloud. -rolls eyes-

I loved, absolutely adored the first six books. It was a lovely balance of love, action, and hilarity. Even with a Romeo and Juliet twist... Silverstream and Graystripe. There was no mention of another series, except for the end of 'The Darkest Hour', I think.

Even when I re-read the first book, I just get absorbed all over again.

But... then The New Prophecy came out. Great, okay.

Manga? Err...

Field guides.

Power of three.

Seekers.

Erin Hunter is leeching this series for all it's worth. And people are buying it. She seriously should have stopped after the sixth book. It had a totally unexpected ending-- I have thought that Tigerstar and Firestar would have an epic fight to the death. But Scourge came in, and that threw me off. Her writing has just gotten worse. It's getting old. She's re-using the same plot devices...

Humph.
-raises hands up- I totally agree about the Warriors. I plan on re-reading the first 6 just so my thoughts of Warriors aren't permanently damaged.

But it's definately not the worst I've read.

The worst books I've read I had to read for school, and they were:

The Luck of Troy

The Golden Goblet

The Luck of Troy had such LOOONG chapters and lame plot that I skipped a few pages and lied about reading a few of the chapters.

The Golden Goblet got mildly interesting in the last chapter. That's all I can say.

"What kind of monster are you"?
Excuse me, no 12 year old girl HAS to fantasize about a fake vampire sweeping them off their feet.

We're not monsters if we don't like a fad.
-seconds that-

Not Fair, Clare by whatsherface.

It's just dumb D; There is no plot and all this girl wants is for some guys to kiss her. Seriously, how did this get in Red Maple? DD; The world is coming to an end. -sigh-

Actually, I dunno.

I'm the type of person who only reads books I like. If I start reading a book and don't like it, than I don't bother even reading another word. Haha, so most of the books I've read I like.

The worst book that I've read was " Bridge to Terabithia " ....

and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer.... I still like her, but I don't

really like that book :S.

It would have to be the Twilight series. I havent read the whole series, but I tried.

Here are 5 reasons why:

1. On the back of the book, it says, "First, Edward was a vampire."

Um...Didn't we just spend the first half of the book trying to find out WHAT EDWARD WAS??!!!!!

2. The sparkly vampire thing was one of Meyer's DREAMS. IT WAS A DREAM.

"I woke up (on that June 2nd) from a very vivid dream. In my dream, two people were having an intense conversation in a meadow in the woods. One of these people was just your average girl. The other person was fantastically beautiful, sparkly, and a vampire. They were discussing the difficulties inherent in the facts that A) they were falling in love with each other while :angry: the vampire was particularly attracted to the scent of her blood, and was having a difficult time restraining himself from killing her immediately."

That's exactly what Meyer herself says. Proof: [link]

3. Bella is insane. If she loves Edwart, then why did, when she kissed Jacob, thinks she WAS IN LOVE WITH HIM. WHAT. THE. CHEESE. SHE GOT MARRIED AT 18. AND HAD A BABY. WHAT. THE. CHEESE. AGAIN. She is depressed when Edwart leaves her. GIRLS ARE NOT TOTALLY DEPENDENT ON THEIR BOYFRIENDS. SHE JUMPS OFF A CLIFF JUST TO HEAR EDWART'S VOICE. That is not love, that is insanity. At least Kristen Stewart makes her looks good.

4. Edward is not a vampire. He has no fangs. He can survive in daylight. He doesn't sleep in a coffin. He loves a human. he doesn't drink human blood.

5. The whole thing has no plot. It's just repeating everything we've already heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back