So, What's The Worst Book You Ever Read?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few:

Ralph S Mouse by Beverly Clearly-Loved by many children? Yeah, THREE YEAR OLDS!

The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling-STUPIDEST BOOK EVER! Wow, a kid eats ONE chocolate and everything he puts in his mouth turns to chocolate. EVEN HIS MOM.

Pinky Pye by Elenaor Estes-It just went on and on w/ no plot.

The Watsons Go To Birmingham 1963 By ???-IT TOOK OUR CLASS LIKE THREE MONTHS TO READ THIS! I FINISHED IT IN LESS THAN 1 1/2 HRS. AND IT WASN'T EVEN SEMI-INTERESTING!

Yes, that last one requiered caps.

Oh, and I am an official in-between on Twilight. And team of Japanese scientists are studying me as I type this.

Oh gosh. I hate The Silver Child by ...um, some author. Really dumb ending. I liked it, but then I finished it, and I was really disapointed. >~<

Amazingly, Twilight isn't the worst book ever.

The plot in Twilight is great, the characters (Edward and Bella mostly) are just awful. Their obsessiveness is annoying 3<

Worst book ever... Rumble Fish by S.E Hinton

Have I posted? Eh. Who cares.

I hate Twilight, but it's one of my least favourites. I really, really don't like Tuck Everlasting by..something Babbit.

It went on and on about how no one in the world should want to live forever. Too bad, I do. It really just dragged on and on, I always skipped to the part when Winnie got kidnapped, and then read nothing else. That's all I like about it.

^ That book was awful. I expected so much more out of it.

... The Twilight Saga. I made it to breaking dawn, but I stopped halfway through. It was bascally just Jacob visiting Bella over and over.. and Bella was sooooo boring. All she does is talk about Edward's beauty and whenever Edward isn't there she complains about something.

With a bunch of werewolf and vampire action scenes randomly thrown in places.

(No offense to anyone who likes it, I'm just not the kind of person who can stand those kind of stories)

The worst books I've ever read would have to be the Twilight series.

Bella is disrespectful to pretty much everyone that isn't the Cullens and she seems so stuck-up, shallow, whiny, and just so special that practically everyone falls head over heels for her including Edward -- and even he can't read her mind because of said specialness. Edward is manipulative and controlling; forging Bella's signature, preventing her from visiting her best friend, and using his eyes to persuade her. Why Bella and Edward "love" each other is beyond me... other than the fact that Edward is hot and Bella smells good. BELLA is also willing to give up everything and everyone to spend forever with Edward... even though she knew him for only a few months. I have a million other issues with these books too, but this is getting kind of long. Sparkling vampires? Please.

Another book I dislike would be 13 Reasons Why. I hated how the Hannah chick pointed her finger at all those people and blamed them for her suicide. The reasons were pretty pathetic... and it was her own fault for doing something so selfish (killing herself).

Last edited by a moderator:
HeartbeatBy Sharon Creech.

The Wole Writing was like this:

I'm Running.

In Barefeet.

My heart is beating.

I am running.
HAHAHAHA I hated that book.

The Scarlet Letter was unbelieveably boring. Definately the worst I've ever read. I'm lucky my teacher was lazy and didn't force us to finish it.

I'd just like to say that although I did not particularly enjoy anything about Twilight, there are definately just as many books worse than Twilight as there are books better than Twilight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heat by Mike Lupica. It was a school project. It was terrible reading about baseball D<

And Heartbeat by Sharon Creech. I never really got the point of it. It was pointless. xD

I didn't like Walk two moons by Sharon Creech either

I liked Twilight. Now everyone talks about it. It gets annoying how everyone is reading it because It's popular. I didn't really Love Twilight. Bella was a sucky character, and just made it all boring D: -stopsbeforethiscomesintoatwilightpost-

*Sigh*

Here comes the Twilight haters.

--

Anyway I have yet to read a truly awful book.

I only pick up books that look good and tend to be good.

Unless you count my grandfathers END OF THE WORLD Books.

But then again I don't really read them. I look at them for a few pages laugh then put them away.

Anne of Green Gables...I mean all she does is Whine and beg and whine some more, then beg, if she were my child i would drown her in a river.

Almost Home.

Some sort of Christain book I had to read for school.

Oh. My. Gosh. I cried. Twice. Just... pouring...

Heartbeat.

I imagined Max like Moonstone from Hack:Sign series. .____. I HATED the stupid footnotes. (I finished it in like 2 school periods. xDD)

Getting Near to Baby.

In THE MIDDLE of the story, it tells you how 'Baby' died. -.- In the BEGINNING, they told about the funeral. o.o'

The fighting ground.

Dx

@ Kate:

I THINK the book was showing an apple and how quick life is. ._.

If i really didnt like a book, i wouldnt continue reading it.
But anyway, i dont really like the ''Go Girl'' series. Im not sure why, i really didnt like it.
Ohhhh, I have a shirt with your avatar's picture on it! ^^;

I hate Sounder. Absolutely HATED it. I could only read half of it, and then I read the end. :| BORING. > :)

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. D:

It was written horribly.

Following that is New Moon by Stephanie Meyer, of course.

And The Giver by Lois Lowry because it was frustrating and too many things went unexplained. Nothing simply is.

Oh, and I am an official in-between on Twilight. And team of Japanese scientists are studying me as I type this.
o_O; You're just joking.... right?!?! ;)

Oh, and; ANOTHER book I didn't like was Twilight. It was nice for a while, but then.... after the fangirls in my class started being CRAZY Twilight, I started hating it. > :) The ONLY character I like is Jacob. Now; HE'S cool. ;3 ;) ;D

Please, people don't hate meh for this, but I am very much in love with the Twilight Saga. BUT. It has A LOT of faults in it. Twilight's Faults:

- Like everyone else has said, Bella and Edward.

- Bella is VERY boring. All she ever talks about is Edward being a vampire , Edward's Beauty, Edward Edward EDWARD. It gets old. And what was with her in New Moon? He left her, and she went all depressed and didn't want to have a life anymore. That is so stupid.

- Edward seems like a stalker if you ask me. Everyone who is obsessed with this book say's he's sweet, but I just think he is creepy. He sneaks into her room and watch's her sleep..? Kinda weird... And I agree, he is VERY controlling.

- Everyone AUTOMATICLY loved Bella. For no reason at all! Just because she was new. That was very fake.

- The movie killed it even more for me. The movie made me mad because it skipped too much and the acting was HORRIBLE. You would think a book like Twilight would have WAY better actors when being made into a movie. And In the book, it said Edwad was amazing. What happened to that in the movie!?!? Robert Pattison looks very dirty and just ugly to me.

Wow, the way I went on makes it seem like I hate Twilight, but I really don't. I love Jacob ♥

Back on topic. The worst book I've ever read that I can think of is 'The Book Theif by Markus Zusak.' I was assigned to read that for school, and it has like, 500- something pages. It drags on and is very depressing.

I've read a lot of horrible books. One I HATED was called "Before we Were free". It was jusr about this Dominican girl who kept complaining and complaining and she was like 13 or something and acted like she was 4. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back