St. Aislin

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked a question about underlying themes in the book, Sinead gave an elaborate explanation, complete with pages being cited and everything. She looked at Alexander out of the corner of her eye, annoyed by his bad attitude. "You really should try to pay attention," she whispered, her accent making it somewhat difficult to understand her hushed tones. Then she watched the teacher intently, chewing her lower lip.

Alexander turned his head only slightly. He eyed Sinead with a look that was a cross between slightly irritated and in slight disbelief. "So I could do what? End up like you?" He made a scoffing noise and rolled his eyes. He turned his head back to the front of the room, people had been telling him since he started highschool that he should pay better attenion and put more effort into his studies but he hadn't listened since and that was coming from a variety of sources so why in the world would he listen to some five foot nothing girl that he'd never even really knew exsisted before today.

Cara slumped down on the desk even more, only half-listening to the ramblings-on of the teacher. She didn't care much for English in the first place, but she had to pay some sort of attention to it; after all, it was quite an important subject, she guessed. She frowned slightly at Alexander - sure, the girl was slightly more studious than the rest of the class, but what had he to say that? Like he was better than the girl. She hated boys like that -- always trying to act tough and "cool", always thinking they were better than others.

"You mean passing high school with a 4.0 and offers from any university in the country, and in Europe, begging me to come? Oh, that's such an awful future. We can't all be scruffy looking "cool kids" like you," she replied sharply, raising an eyebrow with a frown. "Besides, why do I have to answer to you for being smart? It's not a crime." She shrugged, then went back to looking at her notes. She had to make sure she was ready for her tutoring session after school. The teacher had recommended she use her knowledge to help others, and she had agreed with some apprehension; she wasn't social.

Alexander couldn't help but make a sound that mas somewhere between another scoff and laughter. "Honey, this doesn't make you smart. Just annoying. You wouldn't last one day in the real world." He rolled his eyes at her. Girls like that irritated him, they spent their whole lives with their faces burried in books. But yet as soon as they got the chance they jumped at the oppritunity to rub their intellegence in everyone else's faces.Acting like they were better than everyone, that they knew so much more. The best is most complained about the rich girls who acted like their money put them above it all but thats exactly what these ones did just because they knew how to read and memorize the pages of a book.

"You want to bet? I think I would do just fine in the real world, thank you!" Sinead replied stubbornly. "And I don't care if I'm annoying you, I just think it would be in your best interest to at least pretend you cared about schooling. It could take you far, you know." She flipped a page in her notebook and wrote, "Stubborn. Easily irritated. Standoffish. Irritating." She then shot a fiery glance at him, as if posing some sort of a challenge.

"And you would know what is in my best interest because...?" He nodded like he was really taking what she had said to heart. He dropped his feat from the desk and foded his hands neatly on top like a good little school boy. He had no interest in her little theories, he had no real intention of school really taking him anywhere. As long as he graduated, that was all he really needed, he would be done with school and people like this. He had heard this speech or those alike it too many times to count but quite frankly he had much better things to worry about.

"Ugh! Why are you so immature!?" Sinead exclaimed, her fiery Irish temper taking over.

"Sinead!" The teacher said firmly, giving the girl a somber look. "Is there something you'd like to share with the class?"

"... No," the girl replied, suddenly looking deflated. "I was... I just... never mind." She started to write in her notebook furiously, her eyebrows furrowed with concentration. She was not going to let him have the last word on this.

Alexander breathed a soft chuckled. He shook his head slightly. "Awww, how cute. She almost has a back bone." He muttered under his breath. He glanced over at her writing furiously in her notebook, and God did she ever look pi**ed. She almost looked like she was going to explode and finally stop hiding behind her nonsese learning crap and then she slipped right back into her book just like he thought she would. If she really had thought she was right in her opinion the teacher's calling her out wouldn't have stopped her. Just like he'd though she was just spewing out the crap that she'd had drilled into her probably from a young age.

Sinead hissed, "Alexander, if you don't stop being so rude, I'm going to... I'm going to..." But she couldn't finish her sentence. What would she do? She'd never gotten in a confrontation with anyone before. She was fairly certain she couldn't beat him physically, but he wouldn't allow a battle of wits. She couldn't tell on him, like in grade school. Besides, it would just make things worse. Her face turned red, and she swore in gaelic.

Alexander sat there for a moment in somewhat shock. He was surprised, not only did she know he name but she almost threatened his. "All right Princess, that was close I'll give you that, but I think you'd better stop before you give yourself a hernia." Now she almost looked like she might literally explode. He tried his hardest not to laugh, knowing it would only make her angrier but he found her idea of threats completely hysterical. Even through his attempts he let a small chuckle escape.

Cara groaned and narrowed her eyes. Her temper was starting to bubble and, to be honest, she really wanted him to just be quiet. This lesson was boring, but it was important, and that was all that mattered. He irked her, and she didn't like that. "Will you please be quiet?" she hissed out, her face emotionless; trying to keep her temper under control. She tightened her fists slightly. She took a deep breath, and sat back up, straightening up and folding her arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Don't call me that! I have a name, and although you don't know it, or care enough to know it, it isn't princess!" Sinead replied hotly, before letting her anger get the best of her. She drew her arm back, clenched her hand into a fist, and punched Alexander square in the jaw with all of her strength.

The teacher looked up, and it was easy to see she was horrified. "You two! The principal's offce, now!"

Jordin had been sitting back in his chair, pretending to read "The Scarlet Letter" while actually watching the scene between Sinead and Alexander with a rather fascinated look. It was quite a spectacle, and was a lot like something out of a movie. It was a h**l of a lot more fun to watch them than it was to read the blasted old "classic" book. "Oh my," he said silently to himself as he watched the teacher tell the two to GTFO (Obviously, in a teacherly kind way) of the room.

Alexander simply rolled his eyes at the teacher. He had heard that sentence so many times it sort of just became routine. He got up silently,- well not silently but he didn't say a word- and let the chair and desk wobble into place again once he did. He left the room casually, not really being all to phased by the teacher's descision. Once in the hall, he held a hand up to his jaw as if trying to tweak it back into place, or at least the one it was supossed to be in. He did have to admit, allthough it wasn't the best hit he'd ever taken, it was more than he'd exected from her.

Sinead got up quickly and stormed out of the room, walking past Alexander angrily. "That's what you deserve," she called over her shoulder with a frown. She suddenly stopped and walked up to him, extremely short in comparison. She looked up at him and said, "Don't make me hit you again. Because I'm too short to reach your face, and where I'll hit you, you'll think you've become a woman." She then went back to walking, running her hand through her short hair, her pretty face turned into a scowl.

"Yeah, it wasn't bad. Coulda been worse." Alexander shrugged slightly. He coulnd't help but smirk at bit when he looked down at her. He had at least a foot on her and yet she was still marching up to him and holding her ground. He chuckled at what she had said. "Aww, look at you. Finally got some balls I see huh Princess?" He said walking up behind her. He passed her and instead of turning toward the office he turned down the hallway to get to the nearest door.

"Stop calling me that!" She replied, clenching her fists by her side. "I have a name! Sinead!" She marched onward toward the office, then groaned when she saw him turning to leave. "Where are you going? The office is in the other direction! And you'd better not be skipping out so that I get all the blame!" She followed behind him quickly. "Hey! You listen to me RIGHT NOW!" Her voice echoed as it traveled down the hallways, echoing through the empty spaces.

Alexander turned on his heels to face her. His expression showed something of his irritance."I know where it is. That's why I am going this way." He rolled his eyes at her and turned around again."Problem number one with that theorie: Why would I do that? I did nothing wrong so there is no blame for me to take seeing as I'mnot the one who punched someone in the face. number two: Did you really think I was actually going to go?" He started up again, walking straight through the large school doors.

"You provoked me! I wouldn't have done anything if you hadn't been acting like such a jerk!" Sinead retorted, following him. "I'm not going to leave you alone about this! I swear, you are acting like such a child!" She was right on his heels, walking fast so she could keep up with him. "We have to go back! You're breaking the school rules! We're not supposed to leave during the school day without parental permission, or an excuse note!" She took his wrist and yanked on it, although it didn't do her much good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back