Tamagotchi friends; fault or just rubbish?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine had TONS of scratches and cracks, but before I played it I thought I could over look that.... WRONG! The gameplay was horrible, not to mention the impossible to see screen it was displayed on. I hated most of the new characters, and I get Coffretchi alll the time! There's hardly anything to do. The only other features I can get are through bumping, but I would never pay money in exchange for another piece of boring junk.

And now to bring some light to the darkness in this topic:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Tamagotchi Friends. It's actually really great any anything BUT boring. The gameplay is great and I like all the games and there are even unlockable ones as well! How good is that!

I've tried the bumping feature and it is a whole lot better than the usual IR Communication. I love how they've got all the new characters on there, from the P's. I love how it is based on the Tama-Go, but it is actually better.

I think the whole jewellery idea is a really cool new feature and actually, not pointless at all. It unlocks new stuff, like when you get to 30, you get a new game. I think it would be really great if there could be items too. That would make it even more nicer. All the features are great and it's one of the best I've ever owned. Every minute spent with my TF is a minute spent in heaven. IT'S THE ONE OF BEST TAMAGOTCHI EVER MADE.

Also, even if something minor appears like a crack or a scratch, it's nothing to me and no matter what happens, I have always and will always love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaya, as much as I respect your opinion, stop stating it as a fact, it's just rude. If you want to say something about something, say "I think that...", etc. Your opinion is not more valid than anyone else's. Sometimes it almost looks like you are doing it all for irony or just to be better than everyone else just because to make yourself look different. In high school you will have economy class, then you will know why we, as consumers, are displeased.

Mine had TONS of scratches and cracks, but before I played it I thought I could over look that.... WRONG! The gameplay was horrible, not to mention the impossible to see screen it was displayed on. I hated most of the new characters, and I get Coffretchi alll the time! There's hardly anything to do. The only other features I can get are through bumping, but I would never pay money in exchange for another piece of boring junk.
How come nobody complains about posts like this and yet people hate everyone who stands up for the new Tamagotchi? It's biased to hate the whole toy just because it's not made by Bandai Japan. <__< How is it any worse than other English releases like V3, the vintages, etc... I don't get that. Unreasonable hatred seems to be more acceptable than "unreasonable" love. How could ANYONE who appreciates Tamagotchi say such horrible things about it!? Haters.

This is TAMATalk. Not I-hate-Tamagotchis Talk.

Kaya, as much as I respect your opinion, stop stating it as a fact, it's just rude. If you want to say something about something, say "I think that...", etc. Your opinion is not more valid than anyone else's. Sometimes it almost looks like you are doing it all for irony or just to be better than everyone else just because to make yourself look different. In high school you will have economy class, then you will know why we, as consumers, are displeased.
Oh yeah, what about posts stating that "TAMAGOTCHI FRIENDS IS THE WORST THING EVER MADE ITS A USELESS PIECE OF JUNK" is a fact?!

How come nobody complains about posts like this and yet people hate everyone who stands up for the new Tamagotchi? It's biased to hate the whole toy just because it's not made by Bandai Japan. <__< How is it any worse than other English releases like V3, the vintages, etc... I don't get that. Unreasonable hatred seems to be more acceptable than "unreasonable" love. How could ANYONE who appreciates Tamagotchi say such horrible things about it!? Haters.

This is TAMATalk. Not I-hate-Tamagotchis Talk.
I think it's just not what people were expecting, especially for how much it cost to buy new! ^.^;

My approach to things is to understand that things can have flaws, and then decide on whether I want to stick with it or not. :3 Like the Tama Friends does have a lot of flaws for something made in 2013, but it's still cute and fun to play with! So I still like it... but it still has some problems. ^.^; It's like how Dream Town was released late, and is unfinishable... those are definitely problems! But it's still cute and fun, too! ^.^

It's like... buying a cake for $100, and expecting a really cool gateux full of cream and chocolate and cherries around the top, like the other cakes that cost around the same price... and then getting a cheaply made cupcake that you could've bought for $1. It would definitely disappoint a lot of people! But it's still a yummy cupcake, if you're okay with wanting any kind of new cake at all to enjoy! ^.^

I'll paste it here too... "contrary to popular belief, youre not actually a better fan of something if you blatantly refuse to give any form of critical thought towards it"

EMF, don't act like you like every kind of tamagotchi unconditionally, we all know you don't like vintages all that much and you said that you don't think color tamas are that great just to defend TF. I know that tamagotchis make you happy and criticism towards them hurts you, but let's be adult about it. There are things that I live for; I'd be long dead without them just because I wouldn't have a further reason to live, but if someone criticizes them I can quietly think less of them, but I don't say it, because I know it's their opinion. And people are like that that if you tell them to like something or stop liking something, they will either hate or like it more. Shrug.

I can't say anything about the TF since I don't own one, but I will say the way some people are acting is making me not want to ever buy one, and it's not the folks pointing out whatever flaws the TF may have.

I'm really sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, but that's how I'm honestly beginning to feel.

Okay guys, don't get aggressive... Bandai made us another ''Like it or hate it'' version. EMF loves it, Jhud hates it. Period...

I personnally think it looks cheap. I'm not comfortable with the fact you have to 'bump' two Tamas against each other. I'm sad the screen isn't colour. I wish there were more locations and things to do. It's frustrating to think that after years of waiting an American/European release, all they give us is a Tama-Go.5! And I'm definitely going to wait for it to go on clearance before purchasing. They'd definitely could've done much better... **pictures Japan kids laughing their heads off because they got the P's, IDL, ID, Color+ while we have... this**

I'm not saying it's not fun. I still want it because, it's Tamagotchi. :) B)

-_-

Guys, negativity is why the main topic was closed. I think if you are going to post about Tamagotchi Friends, you need to keep a level head where this isn't anymore...

Everyone is entitled to opinion. Yes.

Lots of people don't like it. That is obvious.

This is a warning.

Seriously, try not to fight. Discuss, share your feelings about TF. Just don't go native about what one person said, let it sink in before you type. M'kay? Note to everybody, not just a few people. Those of you trying to keep it cool, thank you.

I feel like this Tamagotchi is evil....its turning friends into enemies. :p

- TamaTamatchi

The sister of my brother's friend ( :rolleyes: ) is the world's biggest Monster High fan. She collects all the books, dolls, playsets, console games and etc. She also watches the movies/animes over and over and over again!! Sad thing, on nearly every item she has, theres an issue. Stickers not sticked properly on the playsets, books with a page oddly printed, and such...

Sort of like the Tamagotchi Friends :S they all have scratches/cracks!! I don't know, maybe they're made in a very poor country?

I never said I actually hate it, I more hate the lack of progress on it and how lazy Bandai has gone. The version is dissapointing, but I didn't hate to run it, I just expected something better for that price and such a long break. All I want is for us to just understand each other, and it's mostly the avid fans here that don't understand why there are people with other opinions than them, but enough of it.

I have only one Monster High doll so I can't really judge, but the lack of details on the accessories, like Operetta's mask thing kind of bothers me, the different color than of that on the package the most. The quality of toy industry is kind of dropping, it seems...

If they produce the second wave of the TF or have more effort with producing the shells on the second release, I hope there will be less flaws with the unit itself. The iDL shells would look cool with some print under them, though.

Not been able to get on for a while to properly check this thread, I would like to just remind a select few people why I started this thread in the first place.

Not gonna lie my first few posts I was pretty annoyed at the state of my toy for the money I paid so they may have come across a little GRRR lol But at the time I posted I still thought that my toy was just faulty. I was never interested in the actual gameplay because I didn't have the toy long enough to be able to form a fair opinion on it. So I am in no way a "TF hater"... I've not spent enough time with it to come to any sort of conclusion.

What I do hate though is the condition of the toy. And the physical shell and screen. That I can form an opinion on. And that's all it was. My opinion.

The main aim of this thread was to get the facts. Is my toy faulty? So many lovely people have taken the time to respond, so now I know what to expect next time I get one, and I won't be disappointed. And hopefully more people can make an informed choice about how to spend their money wisely.

Opinions are more than welcome but my main aim was to get the facts. I was never in any way out to get bandai or hate on a toy I haven't properly played with. Still undecided about them. Almost bought one last night. Picked up a white leopard and through the packaging it looked okay. Even got my phone torch out to try and see past the sticker on the screen and it looks okay.

Kinda half hoping that by now bandai will have tweaked it and the faint screen problem might be fixed? Anyone bought one recently to comment?

It almost seems like this Tamagotchi was really rushed, as if there was no time left to make it and they had to get it out on shelves as soon as possible, hence, the poor quality. I certainly hope that Bandai America brings something better to the table in 2014, because, in all honesty, this Tamagotchi is disappointing. I'm not saying this because I HATE Tamagotchi's, but rather as my own opinion on Tamagotchi Friends. The Tamagotchi Friends could have been SO much more. After all, it was said to be "The come-back of Tamagotchi's." I almost feel like they wanted to capture a "simple/nostalgic" aspect in this Tama for the people who came back to Tamagotchi's after not having them since 1997, while offering a sort of new/modern feel to it.

I havent had the luxury of any tama's past music star yet, (let alone colors..)

So i feel like i'd like the TF. I have a P's on the way, but i still like the grey-scale. It's... cute, actually.

I want a TF so bad, but im going to wait for the Amercian release to see if they fix some issues that are prettttty major.

C'mon Bandai, we know you can do better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back