Worst and Best TV Shows

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serial Experiments LainA classic despite all the anti-american sentiments and overall weirdness of it. I still haven't really totally figured out what it's about--it's pretty trippy. o_O

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Oh, who doesn't love this'un. I know I do, I can't help it. I found it to be much more enjoyable when watched in chronological order, though...

Full Metal Panic & FMP Fumoffu

Kaname > Tessa.
Seriel Experiments Lain is so creepy, but I love it! I've only seen like...the first two episodes but man its awsome! and lol I've already figured it out :]

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I believe I watched that over the summer! that one was soo cute.

Full Metal Panic is hilarious, Fumoffu is funnier though.

I don't watch much TV--I usually don't watch anything except for Anime I download or buy. At any rate, here goes nothin':
My favourites I watched in 07:

Shugo Chara!

Just started watching this. It's kind of a guilty pleasure because it's rather shoujo-tastic, but I can't help but love it. Amu is delicious, too. :3 :3 :3

Code Geass

Decent. Definitely one of the best Anime releases from 2007. It's another Sunrise mech-fest, but I like it.

Lucky Star

You either love it or hate it. Makes fun of a lot of shows and whatnot, and again, Konata is delicious. :3

Serial Experiments Lain

A classic despite all the anti-american sentiments and overall weirdness of it. I still haven't really totally figured out what it's about--it's pretty trippy. o_O

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Oh, who doesn't love this'un. I know I do, I can't help it. I found it to be much more enjoyable when watched in chronological order, though...

Clannad

A great Anime based off a visual novel dating game. It's another romance/slice of life/comedy, but it's really, really well done with lots of likable characters.

Full Metal Panic & FMP Fumoffu

Kaname > Tessa.

That's enough, I think.

I don't really watch enough TV to know what I hate, but here it goes:

Worst:

Hannah Montana, Zack and Cody, Corey in the House et al.

Not funny, poor writing; I don't know what it is that kids like about these shows, but Disney sure makes a pretty penny off of them, and it's kinda infuriating. They're just not funny. I just don't understand the appeal.

Naruto, Inuyasha, Bleach

I basically have an aversion to Anime series that go over so many episodes (with a few cases were exceptions can be made, e.g. Turn A Gundam [50 episodes long]) where the story-line is already pretty old and tired to begin with (looking at you, Naruto.) Bleach and Inuyasha were a little better in that they were at least kinda tolerable at first, but now they're just old and worn out as well. Also, whenever I'm buying manga at the bookstores, all the nerdy looking, super loud, buck-toothed girls head right for these. Blech. I'm hesitant to include One Piece in this category as well, because I think it's sort of fits as it's deteriorated rapidly. I enjoyed that one at first, though, so I don't know.
OMG you dont think those disney shows are funny?? Do you even know what funny is?!?! (sorry if you thought I was rude but I really like those shows and I especially love hannah montana and I think they're all EXTREMELY funny)

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG you dont think those disney shows are funny?? Do you even know what funny is?!?! (sorry if you thought I was rude but I really like those shows and I especially love hannah montana and I think they're all EXTREMELY funny)
You can like them, I don't care. But I think they're abominations.

Nick Jr and Playhouse Disney freak me out :ph34r: :ph34r: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

shifty eyes

Isnt Nick jr for 3 year olds? You're mean to me all the time just because I like hannah montana paper cut. Hannah montana is waaaaaay less babyish than any of the nick jr. shows. You actually like Dora? Ok........... I used to like it when I was in Grade 2.
Miley, might there be a nicer way to state your opinion? =/ I like Nick. Jr. shows too, they're awesome. Then again, I'm just immature. My favourite is Peep. It's actually funny, I think it should be for a slightly older audience.

Hmm, let me redo my list.

The worst:

1. Naruto

Of course, it's very, very... boring. All the characters are either are heroes trying to overcome their past or mary-sues. Or both. The only decent characters are Lee (<3) and Gai. Even then, they had to make them the retarded, weird ones. *sobsob*

It has NO plot whatsoever, except for a obnoxious boy in an ORANGE jumpsuit trying to become a 'ninja' and 'Hokage'. Okay... lets see... Ninjas are not obnoxious. Their quiet, stealthy, and wear black suits. They carry around Ninja swords and Kunais. They don't use uber n00bish chakra or whatever the *beep* it is. Chakra, in japanese, is a word for moderate training if I recall. Not some random funky blue stuff.

It also really needs to die. It's been going for a few years now. WHEN IS IT GOING TO END?! Geez, even Inuyasha pwns this anime by a few yards!

2. Inuyasha

I know, I used to be the infamous Zoriia of Inuyasha Roleplay (xP) but, I never really liked it. I just went there to fool around and socialize.

I thought it was cool, untill I found out what a REAL anime was. Stuff like Maburaho (Shoujo-tastic!!), GDW, GNG, Kinnikuman, Kimba The White Lion... they are all classic animes. Maburaho ain't that classic, but it's old enough. I think it's 1995.

The whole plot is gathering shards for a broken ball. It's like a remake of Alice In Wonderland, gosh... Kilala follows the japanese lines of "Little creature that can kick your butt or turn into something that can.", Miroku is a perv, Sango is the only DECENT character, she stands up for herself and she won't take anything from anyone, Kagome is a mary-sue, and Inuyasha is an emo dog. There is no plot whatsoever.

3. Hikari Inukami

WHOEVER THE HECK INVENTED THIS WAS A COMPLETE PERV!!

They make the opening look like it's an awesome, I mean AWESOME classic. But if you watch the anime, it's creepy, perverted, and stupid... basically Hikari is some stinking mary sue who steals her master's clothes with her "Sukuiichi" and her master is a complete Perv over everything... hmm, ya ok.

4. Digimon/Pokemon/YuGiOh

"YUR A FAG, COME BATTLE ME!!!11!!!"

If I had that duel thing with my cards in it, I'd take it and chuck it at his effing head. I'd throw my digivice, or my Pokeballs. Dude, when we watch anime, we don't go to see you sit like lazy bums while your crazy creatures do the work.

And the shadow realm is dumb, like someone else said, all you do it think about your friendship and POOF! Your out!

EVERY SEASON OF POKEMON... Is the same. Ash goes to a new region, finds brock again, meets some coordinater girl in a miniskirt/short shorts, then sets off to get his 8 badges... and every episode, team rocket comes in something, either that balloon or some random giant mecha machine, and goes all: "WE R GUNNA STEIL YUR PEEKACHOO!" And gets their butt kicked 5 minutes later.

Best:

1. GNG/GDW

Touching, great show. It has it's funny moments. It has it's sad moments. And it has, those moments, where you are amazed. Like when Benizakura drowned Madara in GNG, and got his foot stuck on the rope. He didn't bite it out, because the bear would live. So he died. And his blood from his wounds formed a cherry flower in the water... or when some dude (can't remember his name) died standing, because he refused to fall down in front of Hougen. And the next day, he was covered in Ice. He stood, tall, proud, when he died. It really taught me a lesson. GNG and GDW teach morals that you shall never forget.

2. Hannah Montanna

Funny... a bit. I just like it, no big speeches.

3. Maburaho

It's just Shoujo-tastic. xD But the relationship between Yuuna and that guy (gosh, can't remember his name!) is touching. It don't really teach ya anything, it's just for the lulz.

Miley, might there be a nicer way to state your opinion? =/ I like Nick. Jr. shows too, they're awesome. Then again, I'm just immature. My favourite is Peep. It's actually funny, I think it should be for a slightly older audience.
Hmm, let me redo my list.

The worst:

1. Naruto

Of course, it's very, very... boring. All the characters are either are heroes trying to overcome their past or mary-sues. Or both. The only decent characters are Lee (<3) and Gai. Even then, they had to make them the retarded, weird ones. *sobsob*

It has NO plot whatsoever, except for a obnoxious boy in an ORANGE jumpsuit trying to become a 'ninja' and 'Hokage'. Okay... lets see... Ninjas are not obnoxious. Their quiet, stealthy, and wear black suits. They carry around Ninja swords and Kunais. They don't use uber n00bish chakra or whatever the *beep* it is. Chakra, in japanese, is a word for moderate training if I recall. Not some random funky blue stuff.

It also really needs to die. It's been going for a few years now. WHEN IS IT GOING TO END?! Geez, even Inuyasha pwns this anime by a few yards!

2. Inuyasha

I know, I used to be the infamous Zoriia of Inuyasha Roleplay (xP) but, I never really liked it. I just went there to fool around and socialize.

I thought it was cool, untill I found out what a REAL anime was. Stuff like Maburaho (Shoujo-tastic!!), GDW, GNG, Kinnikuman, Kimba The White Lion... they are all classic animes. Maburaho ain't that classic, but it's old enough. I think it's 1995.

The whole plot is gathering shards for a broken ball. It's like a remake of Alice In Wonderland, gosh... Kilala follows the japanese lines of "Little creature that can kick your butt or turn into something that can.", Miroku is a perv, Sango is the only DECENT character, she stands up for herself and she won't take anything from anyone, Kagome is a mary-sue, and Inuyasha is an emo dog. There is no plot whatsoever.

3. Hikari Inukami

WHOEVER THE HECK INVENTED THIS WAS A COMPLETE PERV!!

They make the opening look like it's an awesome, I mean AWESOME classic. But if you watch the anime, it's creepy, perverted, and stupid... basically Hikari is some stinking mary sue who steals her master's clothes with her "Sukuiichi" and her master is a complete Perv over everything... hmm, ya ok.

4. Digimon/Pokemon/YuGiOh

"YUR A FAG, COME BATTLE ME!!!11!!!"

If I had that duel thing with my cards in it, I'd take it and chuck it at his effing head. I'd throw my digivice, or my Pokeballs. Dude, when we watch anime, we don't go to see you sit like lazy bums while your crazy creatures do the work.

And the shadow realm is dumb, like someone else said, all you do it think about your friendship and POOF! Your out!

EVERY SEASON OF POKEMON... Is the same. Ash goes to a new region, finds brock again, meets some coordinater girl in a miniskirt/short shorts, then sets off to get his 8 badges... and every episode, team rocket comes in something, either that balloon or some random giant mecha machine, and goes all: "WE R GUNNA STEIL YUR PEEKACHOO!" And gets their butt kicked 5 minutes later.

Best:

1. GNG/GDW

Touching, great show. It has it's funny moments. It has it's sad moments. And it has, those moments, where you are amazed. Like when Benizakura drowned Madara in GNG, and got his foot stuck on the rope. He didn't bite it out, because the bear would live. So he died. And his blood from his wounds formed a cherry flower in the water... or when some dude (can't remember his name) died standing, because he refused to fall down in front of Hougen. And the next day, he was covered in Ice. He stood, tall, proud, when he died. It really taught me a lesson. GNG and GDW teach morals that you shall never forget.

2. Hannah Montanna

Funny... a bit. I just like it, no big speeches.

3. Maburaho

It's just Shoujo-tastic. xD But the relationship between Yuuna and that guy (gosh, can't remember his name!) is touching. It don't really teach ya anything, it's just for the lulz.
Paper cut wasn't nice to me about annah montana, so why should I be nice to him? :l But then I also said I used to like them in grade 2 and 3. Isn't that humiliating enough? Most ppl outgrows the nick jr shows when they're like 6. (no offence to ppl who like nick jr. shows) A lot of ppl are mean to me because I like hannah montana. Why can't you tell them to find a nicer way to state their opinions? This one person said they would write an 8 paragraph sentence about how much they hate hannah montana. Isn't that meaner? And you call me mean?

Worst Shows:

Pokemon

This dumb show is always about either a contest,gym battle or just walking down a path and then something happens.Nintendo needs to demand that they cancel that show.I mean come on.The solution to every single problem in that show is freaking friendship!

Hannah Montana

I don't want to get into a flame war,so I'll say nothing here.

Dora The Explorer

One of the only two Nick Jr. shows I hate.This show is soooooooooooooooooo stupid.

Go,Diego,Go.

Same reason as Dora.It has a stupid title too.

Cory In The House

If that show were a human,it would be REALLY mentally retarted.More than Dora,but less than Diego :]

Best Shows:

The Simpsons

It always has reasonable plot.And it's funny.

Yo Gabba Gabba

More random than childish.It's also fun to dance to.

Tokyo Mew Mew

This show pwns all >:]

Isnt Nick jr for 3 year olds? You're mean to me all the time just because I like hannah montana paper cut. Hannah montana is waaaaaay less babyish than any of the nick jr. shows. You actually like Dora? Ok........... I used to like it when I was in Grade 2.
Hey I can like Nick Jr. If I want to *snapes fingers*

Worst: Anything Disney. Hannah Montana. That's So Raven. Cory In The House. They are all just crap. Plus all of Disney's wanna-be singers can't even SING! The shows have almost no point to them, are are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too cheesy/kiddish. I don't know how people my age or older can stand watching them...The new Disney makes me want to drop kick a baby =D The old Disney with Mickey Mouse and the gang FTW.
Agreed.

The best?

Definitely Naruto. ^_^

Zoria -- I am a HUGE FAN and find it very entertaining. I respect your opinions, and do agree it is dragged on a lot -- to much, but there is actually a plot. [Like, OMG! xD] It just takes a while to understand it. ^^ I don't think it should die, because the Shippuden [Timeskip] is much better.

We all have our own opinions, though. <3

Agreed.

The best?

Definitely Naruto.  :blink:

Zoria -- I am a HUGE FAN and find it very entertaining. I respect your opinions, and do agree it is dragged on a lot -- to much, but there is actually a plot. [Like, OMG! xD] It just takes a while to understand it. ^^ I don't think it should die, because the Shippuden [Timeskip] is much better.

We all have our own opinions, though. <3
I really find it to have no plot, and I've watched every episode, really. =/ It's not hard to understand.

But there is alot of Naruto fans, so I ain't going to bash anything. I'll just sit here and watch my infamous GNG. xD ~lalala~

Miley, Paper Cut was stating his opinion. I get bashed a bunch for liking Maburaho, but I don't throw back insults. You can't fight fire with fire, only water may quench the fire. AKA accepting other's opinions.

If you don't like Nick Jr., just say you don't and don't go on about how you don't like it and how stupid it is. It's okay to do that when it's not directed at someone, but your ranting everywhere about how Miley is so great and you can't except that some people DO NOT LIKE THE SHOW.

I think she's okay. But I too, could post an 8 paragraph post of what I dislike in her show. >_>

Worst: 1. Disneys Recess -This show makes me soo mad!! >.< It's just a bunch of stupid kids waiting for the stupid bell to ring at school so they can run outside and go, "OMG SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE PLAYGROUND!'' or if their not allowed outside they go, ''no...recess..OMG...i'm gonna die''. Sorry, but I cannot stand this show AT ALL. 2. Cory In The House -This is so lame. They were just trying to redo Thats So Raven except with Cory as the star. It's a lame show you horrible plots and actors. 3. Any Animated Show On Disney Channel -...I dont need to explain. <.<

Likes: 1. Coronation Street -Lots of kids think its a show for ''old people'' but I like it. It's so awesome! The plots are realistic and great, and each plot is in full detail. Amazing show, and my favourite by far. 2. Seinfeld -The most funniest show ever made! :3 I always laugh out loud when I watch it. 3. Buffy -It's so dramatic and unpredictible. It's defiently a favourite of mine. <3

Worst:

-Any cartoon on Pay TV/cable (why? It's just gay, if you ask me!)

-Any cartoon on Rollercoaster (why? read above)

-Any Real Estate shows (who wants to see people recreate homes and sell 'em for an hour?)

-Biggest Loser (the show is very good but the Aussie one is turning into Big Brother. BB is good but there's too much, "New surpises! New this new that new whatever!)

-Sports programs (too much cricket, tennis)

-M*A*S*H (don't ask, just don't get me started!!)

-anything on (Aussie) Channel Nine (too stupid to mention!)

-Australian Idol (it's gotten too out of hand)

Best: (yay!)

-Ugly Betty (interesting plot/message)

-My name is Earl (very very funny)

-Family Guy (same reason above)

-RSPCA Animal Rescue (unexplainable)

-Big Brother (I like it, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to watch it)

Worst Movies:

-TMNT (c'mon!)

-The Golden Compass (OMG)

-Narnia (so unrealistic)

Best Movies:

-The Simpsons Movie (we all share the reason)

-Shrek the Third (seriously funny)

-Happy Feet (good message)

-Mean Girls (laughathon in waiting)

xx Chrissy

Best:

Dog The Bounty Hunter <3333 ( Screw the idiots that cancelled it! >.<)

CSI Miami

Hannah Montana

Gene Simmons Family Jewels

Criss Angel Mindfreak

Hogan Knows Best

Hey Paula

American Idol

Crossing Jordan

Family Guy

The Simpsons

Friends

AFV

Seinfeld

Worst:

Naked Brothers

Kim Possible

Proud Family

Recess

Robot Chicken

Tripping The Rift (Blech)

Naruto

Inuyasha

worst:

High school musical

I just don't get it but friends do but I don't and my mom buys me the clothes for no reason*creeps back to my tomboyish coner alone playing my DS lite*

Hannah montana

I don't want to start a flame war

Dora

I find it basic sensely I used to like it I just I grew out of it I watch it when I'm super bored though

Best

Pokemon

I've watched ever since I was in preschool or was it on what ever

Digimon

I like it but it just repeats episodes on my T.V but I still like it

Inuyasha

I have no clue why I like it

Ranma

I dunno I watched it when I was 4 and maybe cause I grew up watching the shows

Shinzo

I watched it when I was younger I just liked the theme song and I only like one episode and that was it

Worst: 1. Disneys Recess -This show makes me soo mad!! >.< It's just a bunch of stupid kids waiting for the stupid bell to ring at school so they can run outside and go, "OMG SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE PLAYGROUND!'' or if their not allowed outside they go, ''no...recess..OMG...i'm gonna die''. Sorry, but I cannot stand this show AT ALL. 2. Cory In The House -This is so lame. They were just trying to redo Thats So Raven except with Cory as the star. It's a lame show you horrible plots and actors. 3. Any Animated Show On Disney Channel -...I dont need to explain. <.<
Likes: 1. Coronation Street -Lots of kids think its a show for ''old people'' but I like it. It's so awesome! The plots are realistic and great, and each plot is in full detail. Amazing show, and my favourite by far. 2. Seinfeld -The most funniest show ever made! :3 I always laugh out loud when I watch it. 3. Buffy -It's so dramatic and unpredictible. It's defiently a favourite of mine. <3
I hate all the disney cartoons. But I love all the disney live shows. Like hannah montana (my fave :) ), Zoey 101, and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Oh, and I hate Naturally, Sadie. Do you like Naturally, Sadie Tamagirl_Desy. I hate it. It's ok if you like it. ;) I like Cory in the House though but it's not my fave. But I like it better than That's So Raven. Raven in That's So Raven is so immature and hyper and stuff. And That's So Raven exaggerates stuff too much. That's So Raven's an ok show but I like a lot more shows better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back