Tamagotchi 4U English App

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The unmodified, original version that Bandai have allowed us to use available for download here.

If Bandai threatened us to disable the app outside Japan if any of us will fiddle with it, then I will join the rest of the concerned Tamagotchi lovers and ask you guys - please, stop modifying it, it's not that complicated to use in japanese and it's not worth the risk.

There's very few phone's that are compatible with the app. The Nexus 7 (second generation) works, and some Note 3's, and Galaxy S5's.

Okay I'll try to answer everything in here, sorry if I miss something, there are A LOT of coments o_O

First of all, Tinkerville, I seen you realized Mr. Blinky's new icon, and yes he changed the icon because he is sad because of people going against him instead of helping (Just before anyone asks, yes this will delay the P's patch) , you guys have to understand we have worked a lot on this app, and yes even if is an edited version of the original there was still a lot of work to do, we knew it was not legal, however,Mr. Blinky is not an app creator or anything, and he learned Java coding JUST to help us the fans enjoy the 4U.

However, even if he tried really hard to please us, people are just asking us to take the app down and erase all the work we have put into it, rather than offering help to do a custom app or something similar, with a bit of support we could get the project to go further, but it seems support is something we lack of xD

Now to everyone else, I wanted to make clear we never knew Bandai said anything about not editing Takura's app, and even then as I said is a discarred app, and it shouldn't be a mayor problem, also, please remember we are talking about Bandai, a professional company, made by HUMANS, they could easilly contact us if there's any issue with the app, and then we would politelly try to find a way to get something to work out with them, talking to people is the best way of solving things isn't it? We are not hackers trying to ruin the 4U or anything (We are not providing any of the comercial downloads, realize the english app takes you directly to the free section), we will gladly do what Bandai THEMSELVES want us to do, trying to keep everything for the good of all fans.

At last I wanted to remind you the app doesn't just mimic the original japanese app, if it did there would not be a mayor point on it, the app is meant to bring the content exclusive to Japan overseas, for example, there are characters not available in the Japanese app such as Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi that are gonna be in the english app, Japanese people can get them through Touch Spots, We can't get touch spots, so the only solution is keeping bringing them to the app.

It's also a way to keep a server running up, you all know Bandai will eventually shut down the real app's server and touch spots, so keeping them in the English app is the best way to keep them alive.

Ayway guys, don't worry, as I said Bandai would contact us if they wouldn't want the app running, then we would talk to them personally, there is no point on overworrying when nothing has happened, as I said they are humans, they are professionals, and they won't just punnish us as bad kids for trying to help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Myiko. I back you and Mr. Blinky 100%. I think some people got spooked by Bandai. Everyone appreciates your hard work on both this and the P's patches. They are beyond wonderful.

No one is saying that we're not appreciating what you've done. We're just saying that Bandai have told us not to edit the app or we will loose access completely. Modifying the app is illegal, and shouldn't continue. You mentioned that 'we will gladly do what Bandai THEMSELVES want us to do'. Bandai has asked for fans not to modify the app, which you have done, therefor I think it'd be better if the app is discontinued.

On the other hand, I'm grateful for the P's Patches. No one is saying that we're not. The work that Mr Blinky has done is amazing, and I'm sure everyone agrees.

We're just asking that the Tamagotchi 4U English App is discontinued. Maybe Mr Blinky could design his own app, that would be his property and not cause any legal issues in the process.

Thanks Myiko. I back you and Mr. Blinky 100%. I think some people got spooked by Bandai. Everyone appreciates your hard work on both this and the P's patches. They are beyond wonderful.
Thank you, I'm glad someone supports the project, BTW the P's project is still slowly working xD

No one is saying that we're not appreciating what you've done. We're just saying that Bandai have told us not to edit the app or we will loose access completely. Modifying the app is illegal, and shouldn't continue. You mentioned that 'we will gladly do what Bandai THEMSELVES want us to do'. Bandai has asked for fans not to modify the app, which you have done, therefor I think it'd be better if the app is discontinued.

On the other hand, I'm grateful for the P's Patches. No one is saying that we're not. The work that Mr Blinky has done is amazing, and I'm sure everyone agrees.

We're just asking that the Tamagotchi 4U English App is discontinued. Maybe Mr Blinky could design his own app, that would be his property and not cause any legal issues in the process.
Well again, I said it before, you are the one telling us this, and as far as I know you don't belong to Bandai's staff, They will contact us if they have any problem it as the originally contacted Takura.

Keep in mind Takura redistributing the app was already something Bandai didn't want, yet they changed their mind after, so only Bandai can tell us if they do not want the app, or if they want us to do something different with it or whatever they want.

And we would love if we could get rid of all this controversy having our own app, however Mr. Blinky can't made an app from scratch, not only because he is rather new when it comes to all this Java coding stuff, but also because the 4U checks the app before letting it send the items (Which is probably the reason for it only to work on certain devices, the coding to this must be quite complex), so the coding from the original app would have to be copied anyway, thus making it illegal anyway I guess?

I'm not saying is not possible, I'm just saying we don't have enough resources to do something that complex, so we are doing what we can. As I said, no one is helping us, and 1 person can't make all the coding in an app -_-

Okie dokie

I am NOT Bandai Staff

Illegal acts such as editing/changing a on something copyrighted can be a criminal offense. That means if necessary, they can make it a problem and take you to court/legal issues can occur for that copyright infringement.

That is why we are trying to tell you. We don't want something one person has done to ruin it for us without access to the 4u app. They said you can use the Japanese app that was already ripped. Editing and such, however, they mean for you to stop or issues will occur. That can easily effect other parts of the world, Japan included.

I know many people do not want a legal issue running around. Simply put, Cease and Deist, It means stop or you will be served an legal order in place. In short.

As I might also add, Not only are you messing with the App Copyright. You are messing with the copyright of the 4U item itself. They have every right to protect the copyright being infringed on.

Copyright Infringement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

Bandai contacted Takura about the English 4U app, so I imagine you guys will be getting a communication soon.

It's not fair that Takura gets blamed for Mr Blinky modifying the app. I hope that this will all get sorted out, and that we can go backing enjoying the Tamagotchi 4U Japan App.

Guys, you all need to calm down. There's no need to police Myiko and the app translators. You're overreacting.

EDIT: Also, do we even know if the 4U app is copyrighted in countries outside Japan? Copyright law doesn't govern worldwide across country lines. Just ask Chinese brand bootleggers.

I think SR's last comment pretty much sums it up.

It doesn't really matter if you knew beforehand or didn't know something was not legal. You know now that there is a potential problem.

I'm asking you to stop using this site to promote your app hack to the TamaTalk community with immediate effect.

Our site rules are pretty clear - no discussion of anything illegal.

I don't want to take the chance that TamaTalk could face legal action or be closed / suspended for supporting your app and unfortunately you do not have the authority to assure me that it won't happen. If educated, experienced, informed tamagotchi users such as binary and -Ra- feel that there is a sufficient risk to stop the discussion / promotion of the app on Tama Zone, then, until proved otherwise, I support them fully.

Perhaps that might sound selfish to you but I'm sure you understand that there are genuine concerns about this from other Tamagotchi fans. No one denies the amount of work that you must be doing.

I'm just asking you to stop promoting your hack on the 4U app at TamaTalk please.

I would also ask everyone else to stop using TamaTalk to discuss this hack on the app for now (no more posts / status updates / signature messages, etc., etc., etc.).

If (in the future) we receive a clear indication or more information about the legality of the hack Mr Blinky and Miyiko are doing on the 4U app I'd be happy to re-open discussion.

Until then, no more please?

Thank you.

*closed*

I've just seen a Status Update from Myiko stating that everything has been sorted out with BanDai and that it is now OK to develop the English app.

See -Ra-'s post over at Tama-Zone: https://tama-zone.com...post&p=22182775

Discussion is now re-opened on this forum (as promised).

Good to hear it's OK to develop the app. (and disappointing to read that it went to court with proceedings against someone who took no part in developing the English app.)

*open*

THE 4U APP IS BACK UP, AND NOW IS SAFE TO KEEP GOING WITH THE PROJECT!

I'm glad the app is back!!

We will keep working on the new content as soon as we can!

https://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

And yeah what Bandai did to Takura was really disappointing, but now that everything is solved we can be happy and enjoy the 4U english app again!!

Taking someone who was completely innocent to court over a translated app is ridiculous. It's sad.

I'm actually glad that they lost the case. I think Bandai should calm down. It's not like it'll do anything harmful. Congrats to ya for straightening everything out to where we can use it again.

I think I lost all respect for Bandai as well as Ra did. I'm still going to buy the Tamagotchis they release, but I just don't like the company itself.

New Update!

Santa Rolatchi is now available on the 4U English App!

santarola_by_utakoloid-d8h89rh.png

Never too late for Crhistmas right? And her set even includes a new game! ^_^​

New Update!
Santa Rolatchi is now available on the 4U English App!
santarola_by_utakoloid-d8h89rh.png
Never too late for Crhistmas right? And her set even includes a new game! ^_^​
Just received it (but I do not have the 4U to download it)! Does it automatically update itself?

Yes the app updates automatically every time new items are added ~

Aww I'm excited about this :D

I'm still having problems with my NFC connexion. Does it fail because my cellphone is rooted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back