Tamagotchi 4U English App

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having problems with my NFC connexion. Does it fail because my cellphone is rooted?
No. I have Cyanogenmod installed on my Nexus 7, and it's rooted, and it works just fine. Bandai's app on the other hand... doesn't like it one bit. It won't even open. Rude.

You can use Rootcloak on the official app and it'll work (If you wanted the paid for characters).

But yeah, Mr Blinkys doesn't seem to have that restriction.

I don't really know how it would work in rooted devices sadly, but I believe it should work, I'm sorry but I'm not much help when it comes to rooted devices :(

Anyway guys, Mr. Blinky realized a compatibility glitch on the app and just realized a new udate u can download it here!

https://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

Some items on the Japanese app wouldn't send properly because of some codding error (The chocolate living was giving problems. for example), but he fixed it now on the english version :)

Also 26 new items were released! including a cute living for the TMGC+C fans ;)

And good news to everyone, Candy PakuPaku and Pianitchi (exclusive touch card characters) will be available in the app in the future! So please be patient :wub:

EDIT: Sorry, I answered to the last post forum showed me, ugh...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use Rootcloak on the official app and it'll work (If you wanted the paid for characters).

But yeah, Mr Blinkys doesn't seem to have that restriction.
This is true.

I already bought the Aikatsu set anyway so it doesn't really bother me. I am grateful for Mr Blinky though. I have installed tons of apps on my device, and the first (and only) one to deny access due to Root/Custom rom is the 4U App.

Bandai are control freaks.

No. I have Cyanogenmod installed on my Nexus 7, and it's rooted, and it works just fine. Bandai's app on the other hand... doesn't like it one bit. It won't even open. Rude.
Ugh, this means that my zopo is not compatible :(
I can't afford a Nexus 7 so... meh...

This is a foreign language to me. Do you have the 2013 Nexus 7 model? Sigh. It is ridiculous Bandai has so many compatibility issues. I saw the very short list on Bandais website for the Japanese phones. I couldnt believe how short it was. And most of those phones are expensive too.

This is a foreign language to me. Do you have the 2013 Nexus 7 model? Sigh. It is ridiculous Bandai has so many compatibility issues. I saw the very short list on Bandais website for the Japanese phones. I couldnt believe how short it was. And most of those phones are expensive too.
I'll break this down into individual answers.

Sorry my post is confusing. I'll explain.

CyanogenMod is a custom ROM for android devices. (Please note: do not take this as an "oh, this is awesome, go install it!" scenario. I don't need people breaking their stuff.)

I do have a nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi, and bandai's app detects that I am running an operating system that is not default android with extra privileges enabled. For this reason, it refuses to open, and gives me an error message.

If you are running regular android out of the box, you *WILL NOT* have this problem. Strangely, it is the only app I have installed that denies me access. Bandai are being childish about this.

Thankfully, Mr Blinky's app works on my device, because he took that "check" out of the English app.

About compatibility, this will be confusing again, but I will explain it the best I can.

There are a few different types of NFC. Most phones and tablets have the regular NFC standard built into them. The 4U uses a special NFC standard called FeliCa, which is different than regular NFC standards, and very popular in Japan. (Reference) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FeliCa

There are very few devices currently with FeliCa as the NFC chip. Most of them use standard NFC. That's why the compatibility list is so small. But lucky for us, the Nexus 7 (2013, not 2012) uses it, and happens to handle the app very well. That's why the phones are expensive. They use a different NFC standard.

I'll break this down into individual answers.

Sorry my post is confusing. I'll explain.

CyanogenMod is a custom ROM for android devices. (Please note: do not take this as an "oh, this is awesome, go install it!" scenario. I don't need people breaking their stuff.)

I do have a nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi, and bandai's app detects that I am running an operating system that is not default android with extra privileges enabled. For this reason, it refuses to open, and gives me an error message.

If you are running regular android out of the box, you *WILL NOT* have this problem. Strangely, it is the only app I have installed that denies me access. Bandai are being childish about this.

Thankfully, Mr Blinky's app works on my device, because he took that "check" out of the English app.

About compatibility, this will be confusing again, but I will explain it the best I can.

There are a few different types of NFC. Most phones and tablets have the regular NFC standard built into them. The 4U uses a special NFC standard called FeliCa, which is different than regular NFC standards, and very popular in Japan. (Reference) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FeliCa

There are very few devices currently with FeliCa as the NFC chip. Most of them use standard NFC. That's why the compatibility list is so small. But lucky for us, the Nexus 7 (2013, not 2012) uses it, and happens to handle the app very well. That's why the phones are expensive. They use a different NFC standard.
Thanks so much for the explanation. Would you happen to know if a FeliCa NFC reader for the android would work? They're roughly $30 on eBay but it would take three weeks to arrive. I don't want to spend the money for something that won't work.

Thanks so much for the explanation. Would you happen to know if a FeliCa NFC reader for the android would work? They're roughly $30 on eBay but it would take three weeks to arrive. I don't want to spend the money for something that won't work.
Mr. Blinky hasnt tested that yet. I asked that too. I would wait until they test it if you arent tech savvy.

You're welcome.

Probably not, I'm afraid. Technically it should. But...

Character files are 30 KB or so, I don't remember the size of wallpapers and snacks and such, and the highest size blank cards I have seen are 8kb.

Plus it would seem the tamagotchi 4U itself uses some special communication protocol within FeliCa, and that's why 4U touch cards can only be used with 2 units.

Just my observations. Mr Blinky may work something out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could help more about it but I really know nothing about compatibility, hopefully we will find some cheap way of making phones compatibles such as the NFC Felica reader thingy, but as PieCake said before the 4U connects in a special way so only the app and touch cards could send content to it, this makes it really hard to find different ways to get the 4U to accept files from non-intended means (such as the english app).

At least so far we have achieved to get the app working on more devices than the Japanese one does, hopefully in the future we will find a way to get it to bypass the 4U security, but I doubt that will happen for quite a while :p

eeeh I haven't updated the thread in a while, I just wanted to say that Lovesoratchi and Paankuntchi are already in the app!!

Aswell as new games and new items Mr. Blinky just added :)

That makes the English app have 6 exclusive characters, those being Airoutchi, Funnasyitchi, Rolatchi, Santarolatchi, Lovesoratchi and Paankuntchi ~~

Sorry if this sounds rude or demanding but do you know when Pianitchi and Paku will be available? C:

Sorry if this sounds rude or demanding but do you know when Pianitchi and Paku will be available? C:
Well, you just asked in the best moment, Mr. Blinky just got the cards sent to him yesterday, so we should have them whenever they arrive.

I already made the banners for them so now is just waiting until Mr. Blinky gets the card :p

Ooohhh exciting. The English app is becoming even better with characters/games and destinations most of us would never have had a chance to raise otherwise appearing.

Thanks again to Mr Blinky and thanks Myiko for keeping us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back