tamapalace

2017 Tamagotchi P1 & P2 Appear in GameStop Inventory System

For any Australians out there, Target has these on their shelves now! I got the yellow p2 but it was hard to resist picking up a galaxy coloured one. They look really nice.

Edit: After taking a look at mine I noticed the screen is all scratched and it has paint scuffs on the back :(

Has anyone else had this issue or did I just get unlucky?

Not a big deal really, I only noticed because I have a Mothra tama that was in way better condition despite being from 1997!

Edited by Birbplant
  • Like 3

Fellow Australian here, Target and Cotton On is also selling them onlne if you're struggling to find them in store, or just don't do leaving the house. Target is cheaper but you cannot choose which colours or version you want.

The quality isn't 100%, whilst I didn't notice any scratches on mine, the white P2's buttons are kinda too pushed in? They really don't feel right.

https://imgur.com/a/qhrp82F P1, P2 and one of last year's minis for comparison/to look pretty.

• Like 2

[...] the white P2's buttons are kinda too pushed in? They really don't feel right.

The originals in general have further inset buttons than other tamas, which can be a major pain if one of the buttons gets nicked (the case for the A button on one of my vintage P2s). However, I thought the buttons on the re-releases I bought were less inset and judging by how you have an original, I wonder if you may have re-release with defective buttons. But if the buttons respond properly it may just be they were cut shorter, thus only being a general annoyance.

Edit: After taking a look at mine I noticed the screen is all scratched and it has paint scuffs on the back :(

Has anyone else had this issue or did I just get unlucky?

Not a big deal really, I only noticed because I have a Mothra tama that was in way better condition despite being from 1997!

I've heard of another member having a minor scratch on hers but my Rainbow P1 - which has a similar style of paint only on the front but none on the back - is perfect. I guess you just got unlucky but since the screen is also scratched along with the paint, I wonder if you either got one that was cosmetically messed up by the machine or if someone tampered with the package. If the scratches are not very noticeable, it is probably the former.

• Like 1