Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My post from Tama-Zone. ;)

I sent Bandai UK an email asking if the new Tamagotchi would be available in US and Australia and they said:

Dear Amelia

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are launching a new Tamagotchi on Boxing Day this year alongside a brand new website. Follow our Facebook page for more details nearer the time www.facebook.com/bandaiuk

Kind regards
Bandai UK Ltd

...That's the exact same thing they said to Sarah. And they didn't even answer my question.

My post from Tama-Zone. ;)
They don't want to answer your question, either because it won't be available in the US and Australia, or because they don't know yet where it will be available. I imagine that it depends on whether they're popular enough in the UK; they don't want to waste money distributing a product that may not sell.

Oh okey ! thanks for answering ! I thought I read all pages but i must have missed that information.

Sorry if i sounded a bit paranoid here, but i'm the kind of perso who don't trust easily ^^

Now i'm really happy about this ! yay ! :D

EMAIL FROM BANDAI AMERICA:

"Amelia:

Bandai America Inc., appreciates your interest in Tamagotchi.

Our Sales teams are partnering with retailers in order to potentially bring Tamagotchi to the market throughout North America.

Revisit www.bandai.com from time to time, or social media sites for any updates that might occur.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Bandai America Inc."

Not trying to be a Malfoy or anything --- but that's a pretty vague response (see how they used the word "potentially") :p

We might as well just wait until that date they were specifying and see what they're really up to. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're just using words like "potentially" and "might" because they don't want to give too much away... I honestly think they're planning something cool!

I noticed that BandaiUS put all their Tamagotchi cartoons in "season 1".

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png
Why now? Could they be making MORE. O.O

Hey... Just a note. This is for Tamagotchi UK NOT the USA. So please keep these separate if you are going to keep speaking of the USA Tamagotchi rumors...

*nag over*

I'm going to have to drop everything on Boxing Day to go buy it aren't I... I'm meant to be going to see my boyfriends family for a dinner x3!

I was browsing the internet on any new information and found this.

https://www.toyshopuk.co.uk/reviews/tamagotchi/

It's interesting, it looks like a combination of the ID-L and the Tama-Go to me. It's cool, even though it's not in color.
great news. though the image is definatley fake. the desription seems pretty legit though. why the hell isnt it in color. "this toy is designed to appeal to the modern generation of kids who are seeing it for the very first time." well guess what bandai, the modern generation is use to ipads and laptops. not putting it in color is already a massive fail.

I wouldn't be disappointed if that was the new tamagotchi. The description says it uses NFC, so no more infrared? And The sending messages feature would sound awesome if I had friends who were into tamas lol. And I really don't mind the black/white screen, at least it's gray scale, which I kind of like! I wonder how much it would cost?

P.S. We upgraded from infrared before Japan did, be happy!

https://content.yudu.com/Library/A2j3e5/ToyWorldNovember2013/resources/6.htm

It says 25 pounds, which is about 40USD...I'm thinking it'll be $25 though. :p I'm happy it's in black and white; remember how the English iD L was $70? I like black and white screens o3o

I'm SO excited! It's a new Tamagotchi! We're Tamagotchi fans right? We can buy color screen Tamagotchis online anyway so as long as we get NEW ENGLISH TAMAGOTCHI I'm happy! I'm dying of happiness actually. XD I hope the TamaTalk and Tama-Zone communities aren't too fussy and negative or else it may discourage Bandai. Definitely buying a bunch of these!!

Personally, I don't mind it being greyscale. For as long as we have imported them to home countries. its nice that some will not have to import for a while. Fingers crossed it does well enough for the UK and can try in other English countries (again)

I am not too sure about it being in the iDL shell though. Oh well, beggers can't be too picky about something (some of us) wanted, a new tama. I would be accepting of the greyscale. That is, if it survives the bashing that seems to be coming...

I like it! It looked a little odd at first sight without an infrared port, but otherwise, I think the greyscale is fine. It keeps the cost down which is going to be a big factor in determining its success, and hopefully I won't have to buy as many batteries :)

I also think the iDL shell suits nicely and is a good size. Though I do wonder what the animal print ones will look like...

I know while there are many of us who are dedicated Tamagotchi fans, there are still many people who do not know what a Tamagotchi is.

I think Bandai's aim is to introduce Tamagotchi to new fans; that means that it has to be accessible by many at a decent price point ($30-40 USD?) while still retaining many of new features to appeal to many.

We'll have to see if I end up getting this one or not. But you never know! Bandai has had its letdowns in the past before, but like how some of us have said: It's a new Tamagotchi! We should be celebrating.

I love the design! its so nice and its a plus that it will be smaller than the Tama-Go. And I personally like that its still in greyscale. Yeah it would have been nice to have our own colour version but when i think of tamagotchi i think of the old thin versions in grey scale so it would be cool to se an upgraded version of them. it will be interesting to see the NFC in action and all the new features and games and it says "New selections of pets to care for and nurture have been created by the designers" which means new characters or some changes to characters which wil be awesome!! So i am defenietly a happy chappy with this new release! :D ^_^

All six Tamagotchi Friends shell designs:

Red (Even though its pink, just doesn't say its pink):
sgvkf30.jpg

Blue:
h5Se2WY.jpg

Purple:
5jWPBso.jpg

White:
B8HM2FT.jpg

Pink:
BwOAmSY.jpg

White and Blue:
UkNSfol.jpg

Source: https://www.toysrus.es/search/index.jsp?fv=...i&x=13&y=1' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'></a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back