Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw those... I think maybe someone was photo shopping those iDL looking ones. I would bet they are to look more so like the printed ones. I hope they have a few more colors of the printed types.

Nobody says you have to buy one...

Oh, I just noticed that too. I do agree with Ciara, though, about the designs and the shell. Look really cheap, but maybe they look better in person? With the Connections they at least tried to differentiate the versions with different antennas. Sure, the shell was the same, but the designs were all different and never repeated.

The Tamagotchi Friends logo on the Tamagotchi...so very ugly. It's so out of place, don't you think?

For almost 40 USD for me, eh...maybe I should stick to my Connections if I want black-and-white and the ID L for color and the shell.

Incidentally, Yumemitchi looks adorable in monochrome. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw those... I think maybe someone was photo shopping those iDL looking ones. I would bet they are to look more so like the printed ones. I hope they have a few more colors of the printed types.

Nobody says you have to buy one...
I wasn't saying I didn't like the tamas, I really want one, I just hope it's not built as cheaply as it looks.

to be fair these are just photo shopped versions. may be better quality in person. but I mean come on..

for $40 I could but a color idl...

Still not America, though... :( I give props to the UK for trying. And who knows, maybe it'll sell so well that we'll get them in stores over here and I'd get to avoid insane shipping prices.

I found an advert in a toy magazine. They look extremely fat- almost as bad as the Tama-Go

ulb4j7e.png

Mametchi looks bizzare? Hope thats not his adult because its weird.

It looks like the P's characters in an iD L shell too. Weird.

Texting looks promising, although the bumping concerns me.

I found an advert in a toy magazine. They look extremely fat- almost as bad as the Tama-Go

ulb4j7e.png

Mametchi looks bizzare? Hope thats not his adult because its weird.

It looks like the P's characters in an iD L shell too. Weird.

Texting looks promising, although the bumping concerns me.
omg I'll be severely disappointed if it's bigger than the iD L. That mametchi sprite reminds me of knock-off tama sprites. I'm still optimistic for its new features though! My main concern is the size. In the article it even mentioned how you everyone used to keep thier Tamagotchis in their pockets and I saw that as a glimmer of hope for it maybe being even smaller than the iD L, but I guess not :/

They actually look like they're the same size as the iD L, to me? Definitely not as thick as the Tama-Go, that's for sure. But it's hard to tell from those stock photos and magazine article, anyway.

It's great to see that there's going to be "massive marketing support" for Tamagotchi Friends.

I'll be staying tuned for "www.tamagotchifriends.com", coming November 23 - Tamagotchi's (and Mametchi's) Birthday/Anniversary, fittingly. :)

omg I'll be severely disappointed if it's bigger than the iD L. That mametchi sprite reminds me of knock-off tama sprites. I'm still optimistic for its new features though! My main concern is the size. In the article it even mentioned how you everyone used to keep thier Tamagotchis in their pockets and I saw that as a glimmer of hope for it maybe being even smaller than the iD L, but I guess not :/
Unfortunately also found this in the same magazine

PfGyCCH.png

PfGyCCH.png

PfGyCCH.png

Found this too

tumblr_mw9vhmesmx1rid1wno1_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The bumping reminds me of the Halmark Txt Bands. I have one, derp. Maybe same tech/idea behind it. That seems neat. Humm the characters they have have me way interested. (Of whom we have seen so far.)

The bumping reminds me of the Halmark Txt Bands. I have one, derp. Maybe same tech/idea behind it. That seems neat. Humm the characters they have have me way interested. (Of whom we have seen so far.)
The bumping thing seriously concerns me, I'm worried kids might bump them too hard and shake a wire loose.

I think it'd be okay. I think they'll probably detect if they are next together and exchange data or be set by a command. In the text bands, you preset a message and shook your wrist. Anyone in range could receive your message, given your band was switched on. I am guessing these would work in a similar way but not requiring a physical bump.

IT HAS HIMESPETCHI!

**screams**

AND IT USES THE ANIME VERSIONS OF THE CHARACTERS!

It's a dream come true! I'm dying of happiness! Hopefully this will turn Tamagotchi as popular in the Western world as in Japan! I'm convinced they're dubbing Yume Kira Dreams now that it has Yumemitchi, Kiraritchi, and Himespetchi, three of the main characters from the anime.

Whoa sos this is the new Tamagotchi? looks cool-ish but there's only one important question. IS HIMESPETCHI IN THERE :D !!?

Gawd I really hope it comes to North America, ooh pleasepleaseplease Bandai...

If it does I'll try to get one in store as soon as I can :wub: I have been saving up my money for a while now, glad I did!!

Last time I bought a Tama IN STORE (omg!! in store!!) was in 2009, and even then it was a fake V2 so yeah can't wait for boxing day now :D Christmas day sure is going to seem to last FOREVER!!!

PfGyCCH.png
They may not mean "bigger than before" as in the actual size but that it contains more features than it used to. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that's what they mean since I'm hoping it won't be too large. :p

I think it means bigger than the connections. After all it says the four-shade display is "new" even though Tama-Go had it. ;)

I'm spreading the news everywhere; not gonna let Bandai fail again! I'm even making a video to promote the new Tamagotchi lol.

By the way...

https://www.tamagotchifriends.com/

I know it's just a blank screen but the domain exists! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back