Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like your Tama may be a Time Lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was discussed already. Yeah, no toys.

I'll always be baffled how people compare Tama Go and Tamagotchi Friends to the color versions, especially the TMGC+C... They have obviously never played it.
Sorry, but I haven't been able to keep up with everything.

It sounds like your Tama may be a Time Lord.
Haha yeah! When the doctor swooshed his he's back my tf went "do loo do do dooo" looked at it, I was Mametchi (YEEEEEEES!) so I thought "oh that's clever, maybe that's why they released it just before christmas, and programmed it to evolve at that exact time" then I changed the time back to 20:28 but it didn't evolve, that would of been so clever :D

Haha yeah! When the doctor swooshed his he's back my tf went "do loo do do dooo" looked at it, I was Mametchi (YEEEEEEES!) so I thought "oh that's clever, maybe that's why they released it just before christmas, and programmed it to evolve at that exact time" then I changed the time back to 20:28 but it didn't evolve, that would of been so clever :D
Ha ha, that's hilarious!

I noticed something new about the Friends! The "history" option is more like the book on the iD L and P's; when you get an adult character, it is added to the book even without it dying or going to a new generation. It doesn't properly record the history with the specific Tamagotchi's age and stuff. There are 24 slots, so yeah, the aim is probably to collect all the characters too! Although I don't think it unlocks new destinations or anything, lol...maybe a special animation when you get them all?
That's cool, cant wait!!!

I will probably do a special on my log when my TF arrives. IT'S JUST SO AWESOME!!!!

Oh yeah, imagine if a kind of video game for TF got created! :D heh heh.

-Tamacass

That's cool, cant wait!!!

I will probably do a special on my log when my TF arrives. IT'S JUST SO AWESOME!!!!

Oh yeah, imagine if a kind of video game for TF got created! :D heh heh.

-Tamacass
I'm sure if the craze starts again we'll get a new video game =u=! Hopefully a translated Yume Kira Dream game because I can't play any of those because they're all on 3DS and the 3DS is region locked >n<.

If Bandai doesn't bring one of the Yume Kira Dreams games over, then you could buy a used Japanese 3DS.

There's also the option of using a flashcard like Gateway, but those are expensive, require a long-outdated firmware update, and only allow bypassing region lock when you use ROMs, not the actual game cards. So, that option is there, but it's not really worth looking into.

I myself would like to see an original Tamagotchi Friends game. I'm not excited about the prospect of a minigame collection or yet another Corner Shop game coming over.

If Bandai doesn't bring one of the Yume Kira Dreams games over, then you could buy a used Japanese 3DS.

There's also the option of using a flashcard like Gateway, but those are expensive, require a long-outdated firmware update, and only allow bypassing region lock when you use ROMs, not the actual game cards. So, that option is there, but it's not really worth looking into.

I myself would like to see an original Tamagotchi Friends game. I'm not excited about the prospect of a minigame collection or yet another Corner Shop game coming over.
A simulation game like Tamagotchi Collection with Friends characters would be adorable >w<!

This is a TAMAGOTCHI I will not be getting. I am no longer able to really enjoy the black and white tamagotchi, they are hard for me with my eyesight problems to even see, let alone enjoy. My English ID L is more than enough fun for me. And my Japanese Color tamagotchi, my ID and all that. I have plenty. I will wait for the rest of the world to get color ones.

Seriously, why do they think a black and white LCD is better here. People may accept a more expensive Tamagotchi, after all, have you see how much Lego cost, or an iPod Touch? They buy those for their kids, why not a nice color tamagotchi? Or if you don't want to make the device, make it a cartridge for 3DS for the kids and a color egg for adult collectors. *sigh*

(Also, so many Tamagotchi ID Ls I don't have, and I don't have a P yet and I'm broke from the holidays. What a time to want tamas again!)

Stay on topic *cough*

If they made an app version for smart phones/ tablets (in color) would that suit for the people who don't care for the greyscale? (not to compare it at all to the current tama apps)

I am still looking forward to these. Regardless the negitive hype and low features.

Exactly!

But anyway, enough of video games *Cough*. I've been hearing that people don't really like the new TF.

I've got about 5 reasons to like this. Here they are:

• It's marking the return of Tamagotchi after the fail in 2010 of the Tamago!
  • There are different characters and new ways to play!
  • You can send your Tamagotchi for playdates, gifts and even text each other!
  • Also, who knows if Bandai will make franchise for Tamagotchi friends, like plushies and different Tamagotchis?!
  • And, there's a new Tamatown coming soon in Jan!
See, that's how good it is! Don't hate it just because it's black and white and simular to the Tamago! I'm as excited as EMF!

-Tamacass

Yeah but all those things are on a tamagotchi p's you can text on a Tama p's too by sending messages and the same characters are on it and there are more features than a TF it may not be in English but it's much better than a tamafriends that you'd more likely be bored with quicker.

Aside from that it's already been said that the tamafriends franchise will be releasing life style products and more. they better be dang good though lol but are most likely going to be just japanese stuff with English slapped on it either way it should be good if they did that.

I am really crossing my fingers the tamatown is good I really wish backwards compatibility was implemented so we could play with the v6 & or Tama-go maybe as a demo (id like them to do that so I can get the destiny stars T_T)

Bandai ain't marketing it as a competitor to the p's, they are releasing it to an audience who have never seen a tamagotchi before. If p's was a different franchise and they were and competition with eachother (like ps4 & xb1) then people would be comparing them together but there is no point comparing them to eachother because they are being released under the same franchise and different countries, and they are in no way in competition with eachother. There is no point comparing it to any Japanese tama. Really the only thing it should be compared to is the tamago and previous American & europian releases.

Look, I'll be the first one to jump Bandai's case if I think they're making dumb decisions. But we have to be realistic here. The Tamago was a huge failure. Now Bandai has to take baby steps in order to reintroduce Tamagotchi to the public. Release a cheap yet quality Tama now to get people hooked and pull out all the stops for the next release once a new audience is built. I wish this was a color model too but that may be unrealistic at this point. I plan to support Tama Friends and buy as many as I can. If these sell well the next release is almost sure to be a color Tama.

I don't think that anyone is fussing over TF being greyscale. It's only about the lack of features.

And TF is far away from cheap and quality, I mean the quality of the unit is terrible. Something cackles when you press buttons and I'm 100% sure it would break if it fell. The designs will rub off easily, the buttons are hard to press, the screen issues and all...

Mine had dirt all over it when I got it in the mail and theres ingrained dirt in the grooves of the faceplate. I really like it as a version and I like the sprites and everything, but it isn't really 'quality' >n<.

This is new... I think... Well I've it's never happened to me on older tamas but I was playing knack and I heard my tamagotchi evolve, and it evolved, but this was past it's bed time and it was asleep at the time so it woke up, evolved, then went back to sleep, and it was about 10pm

^This feature was introduced in Music Star, I think.

Yeah, the sprites are really okay. They are quite detailed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back