Daydreaming and tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AaOymG2.jpg

Rain as little drummer boy next to baby Jesus :p

qPOJv55.jpg

Rain with the tabs for Comptine d'un autre ete for ukulele ^_^ I've been trying to play this since I woke up today because it's one of my favourite pieces and it's going well so far. :)

Tha baby is adorable. I like how it eats after its mom and how it sleeps in a little box. But it poops too much. :p I wonder how to name her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so that I don't forget. Rain was Generation 1 and grew up like this: Shiropetitchi -> Hitodetchi -> UFOtchi -> Pochitchi.

Rain left yesterday night. I watched her as she stared at her sleeping baby for quite a long time, seemingly happy as she was about to return to her home planet where the two of them will meet in some days to live happily ever after. Afterwards she opened and closed her mouth sometimes, probably whispering goodbye and was dragged to the spaceship. The baby didn't understand any of that. In the morning I woke up to find her crying next to my pillow. I had to give her a name. I was thinking of "Snow", because it's winter and it reminds of her mum's name, but decided for "Ayla", after a favourite book series character. I decided to take the best care of Ayla, so that she could grow into one of the three even generation best care characters, preferably Mimitchi. I think I failed cause I left her with three poops as a baby, I forgot about her for some minutes. Also I left her hearts drop to one of each kind, one time, when she was a child. She became a Kinakomotchi after an hour, which was to be expected, since Rain had a full discipline meter. Kinakomotchi's animations are adorable, I didn't expect them to be that cute. ^_^ Especially the happy one. ^_^

In the afternoon we went to the mountain to see some snow and experience proper winter cold and the coziness of the cafeteria. Me and my sister played with the snow, throwing snowballs to each other, but my dad wasn't feeling comfortable in the fog, so we went inside, to eat and drink something. I guess you could say this was Ayla's first snow. :D She was in my pocket the whole time, between my sweater and my winter coat so she didn't see much. I pulled her discreetly out of my pocket as we were in the cafe and saw that she had evolved into a Young Mimitchi. I was happy about this! But I missed some of her hearts and a chance to discipline her again, so I doubt she'll become Mimitchi. But it's ok, almost all of the V2 characters are super cute. After we ate some warm bean soup and enjoyed the fireplace, we got in the car again, and returned home.

ULakHlk.jpg
UL2cVjD.jpg

This is Ayla taking a bath after our small excursion. Notice how cute her bunny ears look in the first picture.

Meanwhile, I regreted the decision to give up my P2. I decided I had to order another, since I had some extra cash and they're not too pricey. I found possibly my favourite shell, the blue with a spaceship and stars. I like all things with moons, stars, night skies etc, so when I saw this I knew it was the one I wanted. So now I'm waiting rather impatiently for the little space egg to be shipped and to arrive at my mailbox.

bluespaceship.jpg

Oh, I just love the dark blue around the screen and how the stars and the swirly pattern inside match the sky theme too.

Hello hello from my hometown again! I'm tired (from this log it seems that I'm tired all the time, but it's only because I sit down and type in it in the evening or at night, and the recent days are very full), just unpacked everything... so I'm laying in bed in an awkward position next to a pile of clothes, playing with my tamas. I put a battery in my V4.5, just to try and connect with my V2. I had tried before but didn't know I had to press B to connect, so I was left thinking they either had some problem or that the V2 and V4.5 could not connect. I pressed download and remember I had hatched a baby tama named Stela. After feeding her some meals and snacks, I connected the two of them. They first had a couple eating contests, then they competed over who was going to blow up a balloon faster. Although Ayla is a teen and Stela is only a baby, Stela won most of the contests, which made Ayla a bit sad...

1y31oi.jpg

Poor Ayla :p

(Look at the middle button of the V4.5. Those buttons used to belong to the V2 but I've switched them, since the V2 is my main tamagotchi. The middle button was cut so I glued a small bead with very strong glue - Loctite, if anybody's interested. It seems to be holding very well. I don't think it will fall, but if it does I can replace it.)

Now, I'm not planning on running the V4.5 longtime as I find it too complicated for my taste. I'll probably just run this generation, then remove the battery again. I don't want to be running many tamas at once. I love the V2 but I might as well take a break from this as well, when my P2 arrives from Japan. B) I'm planning on starting another log for that one, in a slightly different way...

Good morning and happy new year!

So yesterday I spent the day with my mother and little sister, mostly playing and sleeping. My sister is cute and crazy, she's 10 with pink cheeks which I pinch all the time and likes to laugh in a creepy way. She also has a very dark sense of humour for her age. :eek: Yesterday she was my ballet teacher, so she started telling me what moves to do and commenting on how I did them. :p Then I fell asleep for a couple of hours. Being at my mum's house always makes me feel so relaxed. At night, we went at... wait for it because the syntax is weird... the house of my mum's boyfriend's sister. If that makes sense. She hasn't been the nicest person to my mother, she also holds some very conservative views, so I don't really like her, but in reality I can hardly hold a grudge against anyone. Overall, we had a very nice time. We weren't even listening to the music that was on TV, because I was playing the ukulele and everybody was singing songs about Christmas and the new year. We exchanged wishes, hugs and kisses and left. Then I went to my house, where my dad was waiting for me. He was so grumpy that he ruined all my good mood. We argued a bit, then went to sleep. I get he feels bad about his divorce but it's been years and I'm getting tired of this misery. Then I couldn't sleep, probably because of our fight, the amount of cola I'd drunk and my long afternoon nap. I was rolling in bed till 5 feeling short of breath and thinking over and over about bad memories. When I finally fell asleep I had strange dreams and woke up many times during the night. I also missed the excursion to the mountain... Meh... What a way to start 2018. -_- Not that I care that much about hollidays anyway. One thing that makes me feel better is chatting with my ex-girlfriend. I still love her. Unfortunately I don't know if the feelings are mutual and she lives abroad. She's very warm to me though and I want to send her a small present by mail... I don't know what. :huh:

Now, to the tamas... I finally have a phone with a decent camera (my sister gave me hers, as she wasn't using it at all) but I'm too lazy to take any pictures and post them now. :p Ayla grew up into a Butterflychi! :wub: She's lovely. I can't believe how nicely made the animations are on the V2. I like how her wings flap when I play "heading" for example. She's definitely still my favourite of the two... She's 4 now and I neglected her a bit last night. I forgot to turn off her lights, so she slept with the lights on. Stela is only 1 because she has been paused quite a lot. Ayla is the tama I carry around, so Stela stays at home a lot of the time. I still connect the two though. Today they played the ballon game, Stela won, and the next time Ayla gave her a poop. Mischeivious butterfly! I checked them at noon and both of them had a lot of poop piled next to them and were sick, hungry and unhappy. I felt bad but at least they didn't die... I have to take better care for them from now on. By the way, I think the character evolution on the V2 is pretty reasonable, although I've read it's mostly random. When I took (I think) almost perfect care of Rain, she became a Pochitchi, and now i got a Butterflychi as a result of average care, just how it was supposed to go. Anyway, I'm late for a festive lunch I'm not really looking forward to. :D See you later!

Shiropetitchi -> Kinakomotchi -> Young Mametchi -> Butterflytchi

oqMib0n.jpg

She's already 5 years old, so she's got only 2 days till the matchmaker comes and another one till she leaves.

Shiropetitchi -> Kinakomotchi -> Young Mametchi -> Butterflytchi

oqMib0n.jpg

She's already 5 years old, so she's got only 2 days till the matchmaker comes and another one till she leaves.
Oh wow, Ayla as Butterflytchi really is cute!

The design of Butterflytchi reminds me very much of the "classic" creature designs from the 1996/1997 Tamagotchis, as opposed to the visual-style that started appearing later in the Connexion line and onwards. I really like that. :)

What a great evolution to get!

Oh wow, Ayla as Butterflytchi really is cute!

The design of Butterflytchi reminds me very much of the "classic" creature designs from the 1996/1997 Tamagotchis, as opposed to the visual-style that started appearing later in the Connexion line and onwards. I really like that. :)

What a great evolution to get!
Yes, most characters in the V2 remind of older designs and are very original, that's why I like it. :)

Thanks!

Yesterday Ayla had a baby boy. I've started studying for my exams, so I might neglect this log for a while... Or at least not post as regularly and with many photos.

Ayla died yesterday unfortunately. :( I wasn't pausing her at night and I was waking up late so she was having lots of poop and was getting sick, hungry and unhappy in the mornings, but I used to take care of her as long as I was waking up and she looked ok afterwards. But I think the poor care makes them more prone to dying suddenly. I think I'm concluding that care mistakes do accumulate. In the afternoon I left her alone for... 3 hours I think, fed and played with, with normal weight, only to find her a flying egg bounching on the screen. The baby was gone too but I didn't see a second small flying egg so I guess a social worker came from the tama planet and picked him up. :p

Anyway, I thought I wouldn't hatch another egg till my P2 arrives, but I couln't help it. So I took a small break from studying and started all over. It was a bit hard to study and take care of a baby tama at the same time, so I practically didn't concentrate for the first hour. :p As soon as she turned into a woobly starfish (Hitodetchi) I put her aside. Her sound is off all the time because I don't want my father to know about her existence. :D I think I took pretty good care of her though cause in the evening, when I found her sleeping she had turned into an apple (Ringotchi), which is a good care character. But her hearts had dropped to one of each and she had a poop next to her. I think they need 24 hours to become teens... so, now that I think about it, it's strange that she changed so quickly. And she's 1 year old. So maybe I forgot something and this happened the day before yesterday... Yes, I think that's it. Oh my brain lags lately. Anyway, I changed the time and took care of her because I couldn't let her sleep hungry, sad and dirty. I paused her late at night too, so that she wouldn't be in bad shape if I woke up late, which I didn't... My father woke me up. It's a celebration day today, at least for Orthodox people. I'm not religious though and I find it boring. A priest throws a cross in the water and young men dive to retrieve it. Maybe it sounds entertaining but I've seen it too many times. :p My father let me stay home to study. For him, tradition is sacred, but studying is even more sacred, so... :D In reality I tried to sleep again but I couldn't. And now I'm just about to go to the port for a festive lunch with family... It's a nice sunny day of December.

Se1DlxQ.jpg

Lilo peeking out of my pocket, ready to go. ^_^

Wow, you're going a great job selling me on a V2. XD They seem super cool.
Also, I always forgot I can change the clock... Does that screw things up? Like, if you move the clock forward, does that make them more hungry/unhappy?

Wow, you're going a great job selling me on a V2. XD They seem super cool.

Also, I always forgot I can change the clock... Does that screw things up? Like, if you move the clock forward, does that make them more hungry/unhappy?
Haha they're cool, yeah, the only thing I don't like about them is that they never die of old age, and you can only keep them for 10 days or so.

No, it doesn't do anything besides waking them up or putting them to sleep, or if you put them to a specific time of the day you can trigger events like the matchmaker visit. But it doesn't make them grow up. If the matchmaker comes in 2 days you can't bring her sooner, but if she comes today, you can set the right time to get her, if this makes sense. Also you can trigger holiday animations and get special shop items if you set them on Christmas or Thanksgiving (which we don't celebrate here so it will be kind of strange when my tama does) or Halloween.

Hello there!

Yesterday I went to the dog shelter for the first time. I stayed there from early morning until the afternoon to help the volunteers. I think I'll go there more regularly now that I saw how there's need for more help. There are more and more dogs and many of them have health problems and disabilities due to maltreatment or car accidents. I wish I could adopt one or two or twenty, but I know I can't afford it and I'm also out of the house a lot, and I also don't have a steady schedule. When I'm older and have put my life in order, sure... I'd want to adopt an old dog or one that's less likely to find a home due to having 3 legs or being deaf or something. It was such an intense experience. When I closed my eyes to sleep I thought I was still hearing barking.

As for the tama, Lilo was a bit neglected cause I forgot her unpaused in my bag as I was getting all scratched and bitten by a pack of puppies. When I remembered, I rushed to my bag and saw that she was still alive but starved and had 3 poops next to her. She had also evolved into Kusatchi, which is to be expected since I didn't take such good care of her. It's apparently an average-care character on the V2. Strange... but well, she was being well cared for until her teenage years.

I like alien duck-plants.

Xla8EE0.jpg

Also the delivery status for my P2 was finally updated, yay! Four days ago it reached my country. So, tomorrow or the day after it should get here. I'm excited :D

6kDYnKk.jpg
cb2Q1sn.jpg

FmX52BX.jpg
gN7TOzo.jpg
m7UNPAj.jpg

All of the pictures were taken with the same camera, different lighting conditions.

Two days ago I missed the first matchmaker visit but i figured out it would be ok since Lilo was only 7. The matchmaker came again the next morning and brought a Tarakotchi. I don't really like this character but it was cute to have a duck wedding so I gave my approval. Maybe the little one will be a duck too now. :p

On other news, I'm just studying but I'm doing random things that I shouldn't be doing too... F.e. I bought a novel I've been wanting to read for a long time (it's the last one in a series of books I love) and I'm not disppointed :D I also bought an alto recorder (my old one is a soprano) and I love the sound so much I've neglected my ukulele and play with it all the time. I'm worried that my neighboors will hate me.

I'm very happy cause I got rid of my bad tooth. I enjoy not having it in my mouth. Fortunately the rest of them are healthy and shiny. :p

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for that P2. I thought it would come soon since it is in my country since 8 days ago, but no, not a sign of it yet. :(

YAY MORE DUCK PLANT!!! :D

I didn't realize they got that detailed in the newer versions. O_O

Congrats on a successful dentist trip! That always feels the best when the thing that's annoying is gone and everything else is great.

YAY MORE DUCK PLANT!!! :D

I didn't realize they got that detailed in the newer versions. O_O

Congrats on a successful dentist trip! That always feels the best when the thing that's annoying is gone and everything else is great.
Haha yes sometimes they come to the screen and you can see the details.

Thanks :D Yes, it does! And as the gum heals I'm getting so happy about finally being able to chew on both sides. Ah the small things :p

Lilo left, the baby's name is Pixie, she's a starfish (why can't I get Marutchi? :( ) and she's doing fine, despite me starving her. I started saying "this time I'll take perfect care of her and try to get a perfect-care-character" but I have things to do and I'm also shy to care for her around people, so she ends up hungry and unhappy a lot. I bet she hates me with all her pixels. But she's still here, sleeping in my bag after I messed with the clock a bit so that she doesn't go to bed with all hearts empty and two poops next to her. How do people get excellent care characters or run multiple tamas at once? I can't even get past the 3rd generation lol

IfMx0YE.png

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the P2. I hope I don't pay anything extra for import customs... And of course that they don't keep it there forever.

How do people get excellent care characters or run multiple tamas at once? I can't even get past the 3rd generation lol
Don't worry! Haul it out in public. :) I mean, if a 6'5" bearded dude in his 30's can do it, you can too!

That said, I usually leave my M!x at home during the day (I send it to visit it's folks), the Mini takes like no time to care for, and I pause my V3 when there are meetings (I had 5 hours of back-to-back today), so that takes a lot of the hassle out of it. Still took me a few times to get Mametchi on even my mini, tho!

Latest posts

Back