Daydreaming and tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello there! It's been a while!

This exam season is over, finally! I think it went fairly well but I don't have my results yet. I haven't been much on here since I haven't run any tamas for the past few days. Celeste the Zuccitchi passed at the old age of 17, probably as I was in my dance class. She was quite needy, but I think she almost exceeded her days. Now, couple days ago I received my 20th anniversary P2. :kuribotchi: It's a transparent green one with light blue buttons and I chose it cause I like kind of earthy colours, and I already have a non-transparent one of '97. I haven't run it yet - just tried it but put the tab back in after a while since my father came back here for weekend and I didn't have time. It feels a bit lighter and possibly slightly worse quality than the old one, to be honest, and I prefer the starry design. But: of course it's new, so it doesn't have the corroded broken battery contacts (another one broke yesterday as I was changing the batteries, without applying any pressure to it) and its big advantage is that the buttons are so responsive! :kuribotchi: The sounds are also a bit different, quicker and slightly more high-pitched. From the little time I played with it I also understood what other people have pointed out - its schedules of poop and sickness are pretty much random and I like that. Also, from the design of the egg I know it's the series 1 with the Pochitchi, while my old one is a series 2, with the Nyatchi. I like both characters so that's neat. Tomorrow my dad and sister will leave again and I've been getting the urge to start a tamagotchi or two again. I think my old P2 is out for now, although I love the shell. I'll probably try the new P2 and maybe run my V2 again since I've been feeling nostalgic: the connections were my first ones, V3 specifically.

Basically I'd want to participate in a group hatch. Maybe I should start one. But I don't know what.

Hello again! Almost 4 in the morning here! So time to say some things about my two tamas before going to sleep. I started my V2 and new P2 in the afternoon, simultaneously. After a minute, little Nessie was born (I named her after a girl I saw in my dream and yeah I know it's the name of the Loch Ness monster. :p ). Actually I typed the name wrong and it just says "Ness" now which is cool too. So Nessie waited for another 3-4 minutes for her little sibling to be born. I stared at it for some time trying to find a fitting name. Usually I give the tamas on my P2s female names because the babies are white, but this time the name Frodo stuck with me, I don't know why. So Nessie and Frodo where very needy as babies - well, Frodo more, although Nessie pooped all the time. They got sick, napped a bit, played, and in about an hour, they evolved! I was so much hoping to get Marutchi on my V2 and it happened! I was tired of the starfish character. So Nessie is an adorable round blob with teeth. Frodo looks like his sister but has a bump on his head and his eyes are asymmetrical. I was relieved when they evolved cause it was hard trying to take perfect care of two needy babies at once. They kept me company as I was playing songs and reading my books as usual. I also chatted a lot on facebook with a guy I randomly met online about a month ago while commenting on recent politics. We ended up liking each other very much and talking for hours every day. He lives in a neighboring country and we're planning to meet in person. Yeah I know it wasn't the smartest thing but well it happened.

4zUTJoL.jpg

Yes I was playing City of Stars. ^_^

I think I'll change their clocks now, since I won't be up at 8 and I don't want to pause them, especially the P2.

As for the care, Nessie didn't have more than 1 heart drop at a time, while Frodo had 2 hungry and 2 happy at some point. But I think we've made a good start.

That's all for today!

See you :D

Yesterday's photos!

rHfGWb6.jpg
YxX2Xvo.jpg

Teeth. :p

qYEdKK0.jpg

Rolling ^_^

b34bgvZ.jpg

Nessie grew into Ringotchi, then tried to plant 2 plants but they both ended up being very ungrateful.

AAZ4Bmj.jpg
3rMe8pz.jpg

Happy apple soup

fkgaxxt.jpg

And Frodo's face after succeding in yet another game - I play a lot with him to avoid feeding him too much cake.

They're both doing fine, I take them everywhere in my coat's pocket. Although they woke me up today. I hadn't paused them or messed with their clocks so they woke up earlier than me and although they weren't very hungry, they started missbehaving. Frodo is 3 now and Nessie is 1, I don't know why, since they were hatched at the same time. Also Frodo got sick and I had to give him injection. It has been cold during the past few days. :p

oaxCsSw.jpg
f3aZ7ju.jpg

Frodo just died, unexpectedly, at the age of 3. I had fed and played with him but then I heard an unusual beep beep beep beep and the buttons were unresponsive. I knew what was coming but I don't know what went wrong. I guess even the few snacks I was feeding him were too much. Or did he get some germ from sleeping with his poop next to him, although this was the only care mistake I made, as far as I know... We'll see. I'll try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess even the few snacks I was feeding him were too much. Or did he get some germ from sleeping with his poop next to him, although this was the only care mistake I made, as far as I know...
My understanding is that, with the Shuku 20 Shunen line, this is down to the snacks. I learned that from psychotama's log, before I bought mine.

I fed one snack to mine by mistake during the child stage, and that was the only snack that he had until he was fully-grown, and he suffered no ill effects. I don't know how many snacks can be fed during the child stage without it leading to an early death, though.

Hello there!

So, the last 3 days have been exhausting. I finally got a job. For the first time in my life I feel like an independent adult, but god it's tiring. :mellow: I wake up at 6-6:30 and go distribute leaflets and catalogs in houses. It may sound easy but the packs are heavy, I carry one in my backpack and one in my arms and the one in my arms has left me a small bruise and all my muscles are sore. Also I have to walk all around the town and be quick. But I'm so happy that I'm finally making my own money. Well, it's not official yet but it will be from the beginning of March... I'm a bit worried that I'm gonna mess up something, like forget a street etc and I'll end up not being hired for more. Yesterday in the end of my worktime I had many leaflets left in my arms and I was panicking thinking I forgot some houses so I ended up walking round and round to check. :mellow: It's a bit tough but I think I'm getting used to it. Yesterday was less tiring than the day before and today is Sunday, my day off. Also in about two weeks, Friday, I have to go see a doctor in Athens and I'm kind of afraid to ask for a day off so soon. But, well, I have to.

However, my tamas are doing fine. The first time I went to work I forgot to pause them. I'm still running my V2 and I restarted the P2 after Frodo's death from too many sweets. :pI thought they'd both gonna die but surprizingly they were still alive when I came back in the afternoon. Actually, I had accidentally paused Nessie. As for the little onion with feet on my P2, that doesn't have a name because I had no inspiration and I'm gonna call her... let's say... Dora, like the lady who drives the van in my new job, she was alive but had all the hearts empty. I avoided feeding her any sweets whatsoever, so now she's 5 years old and going strong. However, I fed her some cake today, just to see if the issue exists only for baby and child stage tamas. I was eating my mother's delicious chocolate-banana cake too, so I found it appropriate. ^_^ I love how the buttons on the P2 are so responsive and quick! Little Dora has been subject to quite a few care mistakes, from letting her sleep with poop to not turning off the lights, and I'm not really punctual with playing and feeding either. I think that although she's the good care teen, she'll evolve into a bad care adult.

As for Ness, she's now an adult, 4 years old. I took good care of her, since I was pausing her before work (initially I was thinking of taking her with me, after all she's not a needy v-pet, but I quickly realized I couldn't do that). So she evolved into a Violetchi! ^_^ I'm thinking of growing an oldie on my V2 at some point and keeping it for a long time, maybe see for how long I can be a good tama-mom, but it's not gonna be her. She's only G1. I'm kinda bothered by the buttons of the V2, maybe cause on my new P2 they're so fast. I was thinking of cleaning them but I don't know if it's worth it as it may just be the manufacturing. They work fine, but I have to press them with more power than on the P2. Anyway, let's take some pictures...

PS: I didn't take any pictures of Nessie trying to plant again. She didn't have any luck, for one more time. I think she's just as bad at gardening as me.

76ic1EG.jpg
D0BtFGk.jpg

Happy onion and onion eating cake (I didn't manage to get the cake, she had already eaten it).

A2wAvQG.jpg

Yes, I actually put a heart sticker my sister gave me on it. It reminds me of the japanese V1s like this, I think it suits it. ^_^ Maybe I'll get more small stickers in cuter shapes to put on it.

GUwthYd.jpg
EKY12Q9.jpg

Two really bad quality pictures of Nessie trying different hairstyles. :D

cb63HV3.jpg

I apologize if the picture is too big, I'm posting from my phone, but this is the cuuuuutest animation.

cb63HV3.jpg

I apologize if the picture is too big, I'm posting from my phone, but this is the cuuuuutest animation.
This is actually one of the nicest Tamagotchi photographs that I've seen lately! :wub: It shows off both the screen and the shell really beautifully.

That animation is adorable. And, as you said previously, that heart sticker really does suit the casing well, and it looks particularly good here.

This is actually one of the nicest Tamagotchi photographs that I've seen lately! :wub: It shows off both the screen and the shell really beautifully.

That animation is adorable. And, as you said previously, that heart sticker really does suit the casing well, and it looks particularly good here.
Thanks! ^^

I love the winter animation :) It's so soothing!
Oh yes it is. :)

So. To continue this log. I'm sleepy once again so I don't know how much I'll write.

I've become much more confident taking my tamagotchis out in public lately. I haven't got any bad reactions anyway, just a few curious looks. I even showed my V2 to my best friend's older brother, he laughed and said it looks boring but that he's immature too sometimes. I said I'll name my tama's baby after him. :p

This was Nessie's last day with me. She was only 9 years old and had had a baby boy.

onRfzq8.jpg

Here they are, keeping me company as I was waiting for my friend at the square. I have to say it was a bit annoying that I had twice the poop to clean up. Ness made bubbles for her little one and also shared her omelet with him. She got a bit chubby so I played games with her, mostly jump and slots.

Yeah my nails are painted, I do this every once in a while. But only the left hand cause I'm playing the ukulele all the time and my right ones get ruined immediately anyway. :p And toes, in the summer. Actually I'm so clumsy I tend to ruin them before they even dry up.

9GlQq25.jpg
VKoOicw.jpg

Hello there! ^_^

qqV28sl.jpg

I also gave her some tea in the evening, and she took a shower. Then they both fell asleep and at midnight she turned on the lights, stared at the baby who was sleeping peacefully, whispered some things in tama-language, and ascended into the UFO, to tama-planet. I felt strangely sad seeing her disappear forever.

8p749S2.jpg

Goodbye little one!

As my P2 seems to be working fine now, with the new battery, I decided to decorate it with some stickers too. My sister has made me have a sticker collection so that we can trade them etc. :p

LtJdr5m.jpg

I love it now. It's like a magic forest egg. ^_^

I will run it tomorrow probably.

But I think my tamas will both take a break from Friday and for a few days, since the guy I was talking about in the previous post will come to visit me and I'm super excited - and a bit nervous about that.

As my P2 seems to be working fine now, with the new battery, I decided to decorate it with some stickers too. My sister has made me have a sticker collection so that we can trade them etc. :p

LtJdr5m.jpg

I love it now. It's like a magic forest egg. ^_^

I will run it tomorrow probably.
Oh wow! It looks so good! That's a really cool theme for a shell! :D

But I think my tamas will both take a break from Friday and for a few days, since the guy I was talking about in the previous post will come to visit me and I'm super excited - and a bit nervous about that.
I wish you the best of luck, Iza, and I hope that it goes well and that there are no disasters. Stay safe, and I hope that you two have a good time. :)

GOOD LUCK! :D I remember when I was super introverted in my early 20's and had a few relationships that started online. One of the coolest people I've ever met started with one of those, and it's always fun to have that moment where you can start putting mannerisms to the words you've been reading. Hope you have a great time!

Also, I second the forest shell being cool. I like that you get that custom decos don't need to just be garish like a lot of the ones I see out there. Subtle is cool. No joke, before I read, I thought the mushroom shell wasn't even a custom.

Hahaha thank you both! Actually, I'm from Greece, he's from Macedonia and we started talking about this name issue that's the reason why our countries basically hate each other. :p But neither of us is a nationalist, so we agreed pretty quickly, ended up videocalling all the time and talking about other stuff and eventually got crushes on each other. :D Oh my god, I have to tidy up my flat, it looks like it's been hit by a tornado. I haven't started another relationship online, but I've had a long distance one, and I remember it was harder than I thought it would be...

As for the shell, yeah, I just thought the colours matched and I love nature and forests, so... ^_^ And yeah, they don't have to be garish, actually I lke the simpler ones best. Still bouncing around, haven't started it up.

SLgKksf.jpg
JXv9Yd3.jpg

That's Mitso, I named him after my friend's brother who was teasing me about tamas yesterday. :p Lollipops seem to make him very happy. I have a couple more but I don't want to spoil him. :D He's a needy baby so I'm waiting for him to grow up...

Edit: He grew up into a happy chestnut! :D I love chestnuts! Maybe I should do the forest thing for this tama too, as I'm getting chestnuts. XD

Oh hello, it's been a while! ^_^

Firstly I have to say that the past week was wonderful and I'm sad it's over... Yeah, we're together now. :mellow: I'll go to Macedonia to visit him when I can... Possibly in two or three weeks... I don't want to go into details, but it went even better than my most optimistic thoughts about this. And still, it feels like we could do so much more, and a week was so little time. My parents are giving me a bit of a hard time about him cause he doesn't study and basically because of politics. But I don't really care.

As for my tama, it was paused these days, in my drawer. I unpaused it yesterday and Mitso grew up into an adorable Dorotchi. Yeah I was neglecting him a bit. :mellow:

rEdoDjv.gif

But he's the cutest little ghost, I love him. It's also kinda cool that he's spooky as I was watching It the other day. :p

He's 5 years old today. His teenage form was Young Mimitchi but I didn't take photos of him as a teen. Weight is the minimum cause I play with him a lot, but I don't have much money cause I avoid feeding him snacks just to play - toothaches are not worth it. :D

dM9ucc9.jpg
mtJTfbQ.jpg

Little Mitso smashing gender stereotypes. :p

SizWPsL.gif

I also hatched these two cuties, the green yesterday and the blue today. The green I decided to call Izzy and the blue is Varya. They both sleep with a little poop next to them right now. Izzy got a bit sick too in the afternoon... I have a sore throat too, maybe there's some virus going around. :p

First off, congrats! :D Nothing better than a fun relationship. Good luck with all of it!

Second - I GOT A DOROTCHI TOO!!! They're SUPER cool! Every one of their item animations is GREAT. :D
Haha thanks! :D

And yeah they're cool and cute. ^_^

So I don't know what to say today. Yesterday I had work again, left the twins paused at home but took Mitso with me, in my pocket as he's not needy at all. I paused him accidentally some times, but yesterday he got a visit by the matchmaker and got proposed a cute girl-mosquito. I let them mate, and they had a little black blob with tiny feet. This means that tomorrow he will leave for tamagotchi planet... Ah they leave so soon! For now he cares for the baby, shares the food with it and keeps it company. The baby has got sick twice although I care fine for them, and poops quite a lot.

As for my tonmarutchis, they look alike but are different in character. :D Varya gets hungry more so she's a bit chubbier than Izzy, they're 27 and 23gr (is tamagotchi weight measured in grammars?) respectively. Izzy also missbehaves more, she's the troublemaker of the group. I was thinking of running my V4.5 too but I already feel 3 tamas at once is way too much for me.

On other news, yeah I want to go see my boyfriend but no money no honey, I hope I'm gonna get paid before Easter... Also I'm trying to concentrate on my thesis cause time is passing so fast! I only have 2,5 months to go! But overall, these days I'm happy. ^_^

I'm thinking of getting an actual pet to be honest, maybe hamster or even a fish. I've missed that. But I'm leaving for weekends a lot, sometimes even for more days, so I don't think it's a good idea right now. Anyway, time for pics. The background is an article on a Minoan archaeological site. :p

VcLQZZl.jpg

Izzy today

gO55UXd.jpg

Varya with poop :p

mwD9FyP.jpg

Mitso with little black blob

VOWuxuT.jpg

Group photo

Ah I almost forgot to mention that I fixed the original buttons of the V2 by replacing the top part of the middle button with an ear stud. I wrote how I did it and posted it on the tips section but the moderators haven't uploaded yet. Anyway, the short version is that I cut the top part a bit more to straighten it, made a hole in the middle with a needle, took a cheap ear stud and cut its post with pliers to make it shorter and shoved into the hole I had made. Then I heated it a bit with a lighter to hold it even better, although I wouldn't recommend this part, as it can bend the plastic. Maybe a bit of glue or nothing at all would be better. After all the hole was so tiny that it holds the earring very well in place. I was so satisfied with the results that I put the original buttons back. Also I cleaned the contacts and it made a huge difference, the games are much easier now.

Latest posts

Back