Daydreaming and tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much have happened during the last five days. Firstly, I quit my job. I'm a bit sad because I tried hard to find it, but it was awful. It was supposed to be part-time (6 hours) but ended up to be a full 8, we were getting yelled at all the time for not being quick enough with the leaflets while we were running around from 7 without even a break for food. A girl even got yelled at for going to the toilet, and she's been doing that job for two years. It was making me feel exhausted, both physically and mentally. Also, it wasn't stable. Last week was like that, but two weeks before I only had one workday, and I always got notified the night before, not a bit earlier so I could plan my days and my finances. But the decisive point was that two days ago my left foot started to hurt a lot because of my nerve problem with my spine, I didn't sleep the whole night, had to be at work at 5:30 in the morning and just called and said I can't. Despite all the bad treatment, I had mixed feelings about quitting. This job had its nice moments too. I got used to waking up early, felt stronger because I was carrying weight, visited some pretty places, said good morning to random people... And it's strange how many little details you have to learn to do such a simple job well. And... well it was my chance to be financially independent. Anyway, now my feelings have changed since I checked my bank account, and I saw I got paid much much less than I had worked for. Almost half! And my former boss ignored my phone calls. Ah I'm not allowed to swear here, otherwise...

With those things happening, I wasn't in the mood to take pictures or post much, but even when I wanted to do it, it was evening so my phone didn't take clear pictures.

UhKrPcS.gif

This is Mitso and his son, watching an Easter bunny getting ready for Easter. How cute. ^_^

Sometimes I was pausing him and taking him to work, although he was getting unpaused in my pocket sometimes. But he wasn't needy so it was ok, never had big problem with it. But one day, after the baby was born, I put the tama in my pocket without noticing he had left for tamagotchi planet. So when I pulled it out at the side of the road while waiting for more leaflets, I was greeted by a adorable crying little blob.

CKK6Sp7.jpg

I decided to name him Leaf, because well, leaflets. :p I didn't want to leave him crying like that so I named him and quickly paused him, hoping he wouldn't get unpaused in my pocket. When I got home I unpaused him and raised him into a toddler starfish. But I fell asleep so poor Leaf ended up hungry, unhappy, sick and had two big piles of poop next to him. I think that's why he evolved into Nikatchi. At this point, Izzy and Varya (who always stayed at home when I was working) were also little onions with feet, so I had an onion squad of three. But now Izzy has evolved into Pochitchi and Varya followed and evolved into Zuccitchi. Yeah, i got a Zuccitchi again, but I don't mind, I am kind of attached to this character as Celeste, my first on that wonderfull starry P2 was Zuccitchi too and taking care of her helped me through the exams. Maybe she evolves into the secret character too, who knows? As for Izzy, I was so happy to see her as Pochitchi! It's my best care character so far on a P2 (and in general, I think). So I was proud to be such a good tama-mom to her.

At the end of the week I'll go to Macedonia so I will pause them again. Although... actually I was thinking of taking one of them with me. And I want to run only one tama, in general... Three is way too much for me. But I can't decide which one. The V2 obviously has interesting features, items, food, characters etc, but they leave so early... The blue P2 has my favourite shell, with the stars etc, but the buttons are slow and it annoys me a bit. The green P2 has a shell I like slightly less although I still find cool, and it's quick. I like the more randomness of it too. Tough decision. :p

It's almost 10 and both Varya and Leaf are still sleeping. Actually, Varya fell asleep after me, so I didn't turn off her lights, oops. Woke up to find her pretending to be sleeping, with eyes half open, as usual. Turned off the lights. Go back to sleep, naughty tama. Izzy is the only morning tama here.

S2M7Hs2.jpg

Breakfast time.

abxZiLw.jpg

The others were probably partying yesterday.

I always liked Pochitchi a lot. :D I should run my P2 and try to get him...

Have fun in Macedonia! I just got back from a work trip myself, and I was glad I took my tamas with me. XD

Also, as for the job, you quit for the right reasons. The last major career I left, it was because I was so exhausted and felt emotionally drained. I could have stuck it out and probably gotten further in the company, but instead I started from the bottom up at a new place, and I now run an entire department at my new company in less time than I was at my old company entirely. Hope you find something you love. :)

I always liked Pochitchi a lot. :D I should run my P2 and try to get him...

Have fun in Macedonia! I just got back from a work trip myself, and I was glad I took my tamas with me. XD

Also, as for the job, you quit for the right reasons. The last major career I left, it was because I was so exhausted and felt emotionally drained. I could have stuck it out and probably gotten further in the company, but instead I started from the bottom up at a new place, and I now run an entire department at my new company in less time than I was at my old company entirely. Hope you find something you love. :)
Hey, I just saw this reply. ^_^ It was certainly lots of fun... there were some problems in the end cause I got sick. :( But overall, so many nice memories. As for the job, I'm not looking for something I love yet, just something to support myself until I finish my studies... Then we'll see. Congrats for your success at work! :)

So because got back very few days ago and I was sick (I still am a bit tbh) my tamas are still paused in my bag, so that's why I'm not updating the log. I will unpause them today, but after this generation I think I'll take a break from logging.

Ok, I can't quit logging, I got the habit now. :p

As my P2 tamas both reached the end of their lives, and Leaf on my V2 was also visited by the matchmaker and had a baby, I put the tabs in them and stored them in my sock drawer as usual. But I was itching to start up one of them again. My old P2 was out of the game cause the buttons are so annoyingly slow, so it was either the new P2 or the V2. I couldn't decide and I only want to run one tamagotchi this time. Finally I went with the V2 because I want to experiment a bit with it and figure out exactly how the evolutions and care mistakes work. And I need the pause function quite often so it's more convenient.

I hatched this little guy, whom I named Milo, after the archaeologist in Atlantis movie. ^_^ My thesis is on archaeology so it randomly popped in my mind.

qcqUICa.jpg

Aaaaaand he pooped right when I was trying to take a nice picture of him. :D

Right now I'm trying to take perfect care of him, so I don't let his hungry and happy hearts drop more than one at a time. He's not overly needy but he's still a baby. Got sick once, beeped crying, took a little nap in a box. And every time he poops, he also drops one hungry heart. I hope he grows up soon, because I'll go out and I don't want to pause him as a baby.

Edit: Yes, he finally changed into a starfish! ^_^ I wonder why I get the starfish so much more than Marutchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning!

dHtASoH.jpg

Milo eating breakfast. I pause him at night, because I wake up later than him and I want to maintain the perfect care, to see if I'll end up with a perfect-care character. Which means that he's still only 1 year old. He just evolved into an UFOtchi, but that was after I transferred the pictures to my laptop, so now I'm lazy to take another photo.

SSsW0AU.jpg

Here you see him helping me with my thesis. :p

He's usually just rolling or floating around happily, but he also called me some times with no reason, or being moody, so I had to discipline or praise him. The discipline bar is a bit above the middle, which I think is pretty good for now. Every time I have to press "time out" he also loses a happy heart and I have to feed him a sweet to make up for the scolding. :p

zWvkn3Y.jpg

I also couldn't resist starting up my P2 again, as well. There's a certain charm to the simple tiny shell and huge sprites, as well as the challenge of keeping the cute alien thingy alive for as long as possible. I like the character variety of the V2 and the different annimations but for some reason I keep coming back to the originals. So let me introduce you Maud (named after a lady who wrote another paper I was reading - I think I'm just gonna name my tamas after real or fictional archaeologists, for the time being :p ). I don't pause her at night cause I don't go for any particular character, so she's already two years old. She got sick unexpectedly today and I had to give her two shots. Otherwise, she's been a happy little onion and she's expected to grow a pair of feet by tomorrow - or maybe turn into a cute duck if I end up neglecting her a bit - we'll see.

Hey I have been so busy the previous days that I didn't have time to update the log. :mellow:

I found a job, I'm now a waitress at a tavern on the seaside and I'm working full time while trying to finish university. It's quite tricky but I'm happy.

Meanwhile, I was taking my P2 tama at work, as little Maud wasn't very needy and I was checking up on her now and then, when I had time. We had some busy times at the tavern, running around with plates and glasses. :D I was feeding her lots of snacks, which made her a chubby tama, because I didn't have time to play with her on the go. One day accidentally I put the caps of the beer bottles in the same pocket and they scratched the screen, fortunately a bit of Displex fixed that. :eek: I wasn't the best mom to her, though, so firstly she evolved into a teen duck and then she grew leaves and became an adorable Kusatchi. However, Kusatchi tends to have a shorter lifespan and be more needy, so she passed, aged 7. I found a little floating Obaketchi in my bag when I finished work yesterday.

q3dxgNY.jpg
8CMiMVY.jpg

I enjoyed running this one and I want to try again. ^_^ I think I'm gonna pause it though, at least at the toddler and teen stages, when I'm at work. When it grows up, it can come with me again. Actually it's handy too cause I can check the time.

Meanwhile, Milo is still 2 years old because I was pausing him a lot, trying to get a perfect care character. Which means I only unpaused him when I could give him lots of attention. Given that my father and sister are in the house too, and I have a full-time job now, this is not a lot of time. Also I sleep till 9-10, which means I was pausing him at night as well. Yesterday I gave up on trying for a perfect care character because if I continue like this, he'll never grow. Right now he's a little chubby UFOtchi who sometimes trips and falls over, even though he floats in the screen.

9UEtrob.jpg

Here you see Milo and Maud busking in the sun, some days ago. ^_^

Actually I'd want to try a mini/chibi too but I absolutely hate Bill. Maybe an older version, if I find one in a good price on Ebay... I've read they have Ginjirotchi instead, much much better.

I found a job, I'm now a waitress at a tavern on the seaside and I'm working full time while trying to finish university. It's quite tricky but I'm happy.
That sounds amazing. :D I would write about that.

Mini's are fun, too, but I'd say since you already have a P2, unless you really need a mini for the size just keep running that or get a P1.

That sounds amazing. :D I would write about that.

Mini's are fun, too, but I'd say since you already have a P2, unless you really need a mini for the size just keep running that or get a P1.
Hahaha if you write about it, I want to read it. It doesn't feel that amazing, honestly, but I'm happy to make my own money for once.

Hmm I was thinking about it cause I heard they're hard to kill. I don't know, we'll see.

Quick update: Milo turned into a horrible care character, of course, after I left him several times in my bag with no food or snacks while I was working. I probably should have paused him... But still, he's pretty cute. :D

Here you see him on a bus ride...

0zgbINR.jpg

Here he is eating and drinking after work...

Kb1XFJ1.jpg
PRx7WU5.jpg

And here I caught him playing hide and seek. :p

dE2xqc7.jpg
awpscSN.jpg

I love his animations, I have to take some more pictures... He's adorable.

I basically didn't avoid getting a bad care character because I wanted to see if he would be very needy. I think he's not, and hasn't got sick either, but I'll try to get a perfect care character next time to compare.

Meanwhile, I also hatched this onion:

O12f8n9.jpg

I don't take very good care of it, but I don't take horrible care either. We'll see how it turns out. And, to keep the tradition, let's give it a name... It will be gender-neutral this time. I'll name it Onion. :p

Milo is currently 4 years old, Onion is 2. I paused Onion at work, but I took them both to dance class, fed and happy. They had no problem waiting for me for 1,5 hour.

Not exactly a log entry, but my boyfriend is here since the past week and I haven't told him about my tamas. Basically I paused them and put them in a bag cause I'm too shy to tell him. It's kind of silly, since he plays games that one could consider "childish" on the phone pretty often too, but I'm also thinking that he will judge me for the amount of money I've spent on them. I don't have a huge collection but the other day he was bugging me for a long time because I spent 1 more euro on something (I could have picked up a cheaper one). I know that if I tell him that my P2s were 20 each, he's gonna think I'm silly and that I throw away my money, even though I bought them months apart. Ehhh I'm not rich either, but I spend whatever money I have for stuff I like and sometimes I'm not that careful with it. There's a chance he'll move in - if he finds a job here. I like him but I'd prefer to continue living on my own, honestly. I don't know if that makes me a bad girlfriend. I value personal space, I like being alone most of the time. He finds that very strange, says he has never met anyone like that and that having company is always better. But it's either he moves here or we don't see each other for 2-3 months since bothof us will be working, and distance may kill our relationship.

Why am I writing all that here. I have friends in real life to bother them about it, it's just been in my mind quite a lot. I just started typing cause I wanted to say I've kinda missed playing with tamagotchis (and I'm expecting a V2 in the mail :mellow: ) and ended up telling the story of my life once again.

Tell all the stories you want! It's your log. :)
And besides, sometimes it's easier to talk to internet friends than IRL friends, I speak from experience.

As far as everything you said, do what you feel is right. You know you better than anyone else, so believe in me who believes in you.

If you want advice though, I have a couple things to add:
I've been married to my wife for nearly 7 years, known her for 10. We never lived together before we got married, which is honestly pretty odd for an American couple nowadays, but it's what we both wanted. People think it was we both come from religious families, but really it was that we wanted to spend time with friends and by ourselves. People need space! I love single-player videogames and writing, and I can't do that with other people. My wife loves games like Myst and watching weird vlogs about organizing a room, and she can't do that with other people. We have dinner together every night & watch a show, we always spend Thursday afternoons/evenings together, and we hang out a fair amount on the weekend, but beyond that we're both very individual people. Some people think it's weird, but it's what makes us happy, so who cares what they think? XD

As for what you spend on tamas... oh man, let's sit down and talk about how much 20 years worth of collecting Transformers and other mecha stuff costs. XD BUT, I have a budget, and in our home, I pay all the bills and then can spend whatever I have left, and my wife then is free to save what she wants (since she likes saving money). What else are you going to do with the money? Sure putting it all in a bank somewhere keeps it around if you have an emergency, but if you've already got some saved, it's pretty moot. I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but my hobbies make me happy, and being happy is what makes life worth it! TAMAS ARE LIFE, IZA!!! XD

Anyway, here's the main piece of advice: COMMUNICATE ABOUT EVERYTHING. That's what makes relationships work! If something's bothering you, say so. It's tough when you're dating and you're worried that something you say might cause trouble for the relationship, but realistically speaking, could you go the rest of your life holding that inside? It won't get easier to say with time. Maybe he'll understand, maybe you'll have a fight. Doesn't matter, you gotta be true to you and say what's inside ya, because while relationships are built on compromise, the foundation of relationships is being true to YOURSELF.

Okay, all done. XD Sorry to dump a ton on your log. Feel free to PM if you don't want me to clutter things up. Good luck! :D

Tell all the stories you want! It's your log. :)

And besides, sometimes it's easier to talk to internet friends than IRL friends, I speak from experience.

As far as everything you said, do what you feel is right. You know you better than anyone else, so believe in me who believes in you.

If you want advice though, I have a couple things to add:

I've been married to my wife for nearly 7 years, known her for 10. We never lived together before we got married, which is honestly pretty odd for an American couple nowadays, but it's what we both wanted. People thing it was we both come from religious families, but really it was that we wanted to spend time with friends and by ourselves. People need space! I love single-player videogames and writing, and I can't do that with other people. My wife loves games like Myst and watching weird vlogs about organizing a room, and she can't do that with other people. We have dinner together every night & watch a show, we always spend Thursday afternoons/evenings together, and we hang out a fair amount on the weekend, but beyond that we're both very individual people. Some people think it's weird, but it's what makes us happy, so who cares what they think? XD

As for what you spend on tamas... oh man, let's sit down and talk about how much 20 years worth of collecting Transformers and other mecha stuff costs. XD BUT, I have a budget, and in our home, I pay all the bills and then can spend whatever I have left, and my wife then is free to save what she wants (since she likes saving money). What else are you going to do with the money? Sure putting it all in a bank somewhere keeps it around if you have an emergency, but if you've already got some saved, it's pretty moot. I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but I my hobbies make me happy, and being happy is what makes life worth it! TAMAS ARE LIFE, IZA!!! XD

Anyway, here's the main piece of advice: COMMUNICATE ABOUT EVERYTHING. That's what makes relationships work! If something's bothering you, say so. It's tough when you're dating and you're worried that something you say might cause trouble for the relationship, but realistically speaking, could you go the rest of your life holding that inside? It won't get easier to say with time. Maybe he'll understand, maybe you'll have a fight. Doesn't matter, you gotta be true to you and say what's inside ya, because while relationships are built on compromise, the foundation of relationships is being true to YOURSELF.

Okay, all done. XD Sorry to dump a ton on your log. Feel free to PM if you don't want me to clutter things up. Good luck! :D
This is one of the best posts that I've ever seen. Well said, Hoky. :D

I've been married to my wife for nearly 7 years, known her for 10. We never lived together before we got married, which is honestly pretty odd for an American couple nowadays, but it's what we both wanted. People think it was we both come from religious families, but really it was that we wanted to spend time with friends and by ourselves. People need space! I love single-player videogames and writing, and I can't do that with other people. My wife loves games like Myst and watching weird vlogs about organizing a room, and she can't do that with other people. We have dinner together every night & watch a show, we always spend Thursday afternoons/evenings together, and we hang out a fair amount on the weekend, but beyond that we're both very individual people. Some people think it's weird, but it's what makes us happy, so who cares what they think? XD
Yes, I'm exactly like that. I'm relieved that there are actually people in long-term relationships who behave like that... My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. He can be alone sometimes but he never enjoys it. He tells me he'd always prefer to be around other people, even when doing something like playing videogames. Even when he's alone he turns on the TV so that he can hear someone talking in the background. Maybe cause he has never lived alone for more than a couple of months... I remember feeling a bit uneasy too when I first moved out.. Still, even before, I liked taking long walks by myself. He's also pretty nosy sometimes and this annoys me, I think he really doesn't understand the concept of "personal space", he says it's ridiculous and that I'm cold.

As for what you spend on tamas... oh man, let's sit down and talk about how much 20 years worth of collecting Transformers and other mecha stuff costs. XD BUT, I have a budget, and in our home, I pay all the bills and then can spend whatever I have left, and my wife then is free to save what she wants (since she likes saving money). What else are you going to do with the money? Sure putting it all in a bank somewhere keeps it around if you have an emergency, but if you've already got some saved, it's pretty moot. I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but my hobbies make me happy, and being happy is what makes life worth it! TAMAS ARE LIFE, IZA!!! XD
Agreed too. ^_^

Ah I'm working on that. A bit lost in translation. Yeah, it's a long topic, thanks for the advice. ^_^

Yes, I'm exactly like that. I'm relieved that there are actually people in long-term relationships who behave like that... My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. He can be alone sometimes but he never enjoys it. He tells me he'd always prefer to be around other people, even when doing something like playing videogames. Even when he's alone he turns on the TV so that he can hear someone talking in the background. Maybe cause he has never lived alone for more than a couple of months... I remember feeling a bit uneasy too when I first moved out.. Still, even before, I liked taking long walks by myself. He's also pretty nosy sometimes and this annoys me, I think he really doesn't understand the concept of "personal space", he says it's ridiculous and that I'm cold.

Agreed too. ^_^

Ah I'm working on that. A bit lost in translation. Yeah, it's a long topic, thanks for the advice. ^_^
Of course! We're your friends and here to help however we can :D

Good morning!

Well, technically it's noon, but I woke up late as always. :D

I just wanted to say I'm excited cause my new V2 came by mail today. It's so nice, the shell has a beautiful purple colour, while the inside and the buttons are dark blue. And it is in such good condition, so finally I have a tama that beeps loudly, with responsive buttons and nearly perfect screen. I'm not a perfectionist but for some reason I like that. :D I'm gonna take good care of this one.

Anyway, I am home alone and decided to hatch both my old and my new V2 together, so that they'd have a playmate. ^_^ Of course I was hoping for a girl and a boy so that I could marry them together, hahaha I haven't done that since I was a kid so I don't even remember how they do it.

P5D1lbE.jpg

(The picture doesn't do it justice, it's purple, not blue. Ahh I can't take one that shows its colour.)

In a minute two adorable blobs with feet hatched...

2wU9ghY.jpg

Aaaaand they are a boy and a girl! I named the boy Andy and the girl Apple, because, well, these were the first names that popped in my mind. Maybe I'll do the alphabetical thing, maybe not, I don't know.

I tried to give perfect care to both of them; I don't know if I succeded, at some point they dropped two hearts. But, well, they were so needy it was crazy to care for both while doing stuff around the house. :p

PwzZQo1.jpg

Playing. :D

They just evolved into Marutchi (Andy) and the starfish I don't remember the name of (Apple). Marutchi is one of my favourite characters so I was glad about that. They already have two friendly hearts, which means they are growing fond of each other I guess. I'm too lazy to take, edit and upload another photo. :p

Later I'm gonna take both of them to work, paused or unpaused, depending on how much work I'll have.

That's all for today! Super excited about my two new study buddies. :D

Quick update: Apple has turned into an apple. I wonder if it's somepart of the programming to make tamagotchis that are named "Apple" to look like apples. 😜 Andy is a Young Mametchi! He's adorable! I wish he could turn into Mametchi but I don't think he will cause neither of them have recieved perfect care. They are 2 years old and they come with me at work, which means that sometimes they get 3 empty hearts and that I feed them lots of pudding. It's a miracle they still haven't got toothaches. Now I'm just sitting in a little road playing with them to lower their weight, while enjoying the sun and sea breeze. ^_^ I'm sure they're having a nice time too, they're playing together and have already become best friends - although at first Apple was a little hard to like Andy. I think Andy had a crush on her since they were kids. But after giving her lots of hearts and flowers she liked him too. That's it for now, I should be getting home. Maybe I'll upload pics later. :)

Let's upload some pictures. :p

vI2t8cZ.jpg

Andy being happy to receive a present from Apple. ^_^

ELJl7IE.jpg

Apple receiving a heart in return (sorry for the bad focusing)...

So, my plan was to keep them until they became oldies, to get the ugly secret character that looks like an old man. However, I didn't know that they mate automatically when connecting, without giving a yes/no option, so when I connected them to transfer an item, they made babies. :D I guess they wouldn't ask me for permission. :p

So now I have ducks with baby blobs.

g5AUig6.jpg

And they're both male, so I can't have the ugly character in the next generation either, pfff.

They're cuties anyway. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll reset the green one and get a girl, I only started it up to get two oldies to mate anyway.

Apple and Andy are both pretty chubby cause I take them to work where I don't have time to play with them and I stuff them with snacks. I don't want to pause them unless it's absolutely necessary, and feeding them just takes 5 seconds. But today I played some games with them in the morning - they're still pretty chubby though. Apple won the bump game and became a champion. :D

Latest posts

Back