Daydreaming and tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry! Haul it out in public. :) I mean, if a 6'5" bearded dude in his 30's can do it, you can too!

That said, I usually leave my M!x at home during the day (I send it to visit it's folks), the Mini takes like no time to care for, and I pause my V3 when there are meetings (I had 5 hours of back-to-back today), so that takes a lot of the hassle out of it. Still took me a few times to get Mametchi on even my mini, tho!
6'5"... makes us... googling out of curiosity... ~195cm yup you are tall. :D You're right, I mean, I don't care what other people think about things like body hair or scars, which usually make people self conscious, why should I feel awkward about tamagotchis?

pnoJxll.jpg
Uy42SUr.jpg

I woke up to find Pixie as a Propellertchi, one of the bad care teens of course. Look at the tiny propeller. It's funny and cute. :p As she's floating around the screen in looks like I've captured a little bug in a plastic egg cage. I added it to my "favourite characters" list already. :D

So, let's make a log with some proper rambling this time! I woke up kind of late today, but feeling very rejuvenated. I stayed in bed for some time, planning my day. It was such a warm and sunny day that I couldn't even get nervous about my upcoming exams. I stepped out of the house in a sweater, wishing I had worn a t-shirt, even though it's still January. Firstly, I packed two books to send to a woman in another city - I participate in an online forum for donating and exchanging things, and I always like books to change hands... Ok, I don't give away my absolute favourites, unless I can find them easily. For instance, I've donated one of my favourite novels to the university library. I'm not sure anybody has borrowed it because every time I go I see it on the shelf. :p I like the idea behind bookcrossing too, but all 3 times I've tried it, I got no online responses on the books I freed into the wild. So I didn't try it again. The other reason why I wanted to go to the post office was to receive my new tamagotchi P2 which I was excited about. It made such a long trip from Japan, stuck in Athens for some days, and here it is!

The deadlines for my essays are approaching, so I took my notes to the post office to study while I was waiting in the long queue. Unfortunately, I had to pay some more money at the office cause of the import customs. Happy as I was, I didn't want to return home to my grumpy father, so I went to the square to have some pancakes at a cafe and study. I sat on a chair and opened the folder from Japan, while a strange old lady on the next table was staring at me curiously. This tama had the prettiest cutest shell. I pulled the tab just to see if it worked, I heard a beep and saw an egg bouncing on the screen. But I put it back in, thinking I should first finish with the exams and then start playing. I called a friend and he came to have breakfast together there. Then his brother came too and we took a walk in the park where we found another aquaitance of mine and hang out for quite some time. When I got back home it was already evening.

Of course I didn't keep my promise of not starting the new tama, so I put new batteries in (cause you never know how long the old ones will last and I don't want it to suddenly turn of. During this, I noticed the metal things below the batteries were rather flat so I thought "why not lift them a bit to hold the battery better", as I did with my V2. But those were older and slightly corroded so the first one I lifted broke very easily. I thought I'd ruined it, but I put the new batteries in and it still worked. Phew... I'm still a bit upset about breaking something right after I received it though. :p I like the sounds of the P2, and the baby is so cute. ^_^ I still don't know how to name her...

vkmg7QE.jpg

5IFZ07T.jpg

Congratulations on finally getting your P2! :D

That really is a fantastic shell-design.

I'm really glad that the incident with the battery-contacts didn't do any permanent damage, too! :eek:

It is, I like everything about night skies, stars, moons etc. :D

This was a close one too... I think this contact was very corroded. The others are better and don't look frail, fortunately. And since it works, it's fine. :)

I don't know how to name the baby alien though. Any ideas? :p

I'm afraid I have no ideas at all - I don't even name my own ones. ;)
I always name mine, but I don't have any inspiration for this one. I think I'll name it Celeste cause the design of the shell has stars etc on it. Yes, I like this name. Celeste it is. :D I was close to naming her Blob but she escaped that fate.

Ah I don't have inspiration for anything right now. I got in a big fight with my father once again. He's fine now but he still stays at my house just cause he wants to interfere in how I live my life. He even told me my house is not mine and that I should be ashamed for wanting to live on my own (like I've done for the past 4 years). He's always bugging me with his conservative, sexist, racist ideas, and his divorce with my mother three years ago. Instead of having some dang discretion and leaving me alone. I thought that if I got a job he would be more likely to change his attitude, but instead he wanted me to quit because "my priority should be the university". I need knowledge, but I also need independance, and I can manage my own priorities. I left this job anyway because it didn't raise me enough money to live independently and my boss wanted me to flirt with the customers. It was an awful bar for middle-aged depressed men. Anyway, in all this nice atmosphere, I'm trying to pass my exams... I just have the urge to leave and go somewhere far away... In a forest... with a creek... in an old house... with my ukulele and flute and books... Ah yes...

AFN1kp9.jpg

Propellertchi's propeller drops when it's sad. :p

2GIJZD6.jpg

Group photo of my digital babies, Pixie and Celeste, this morning.

In the evening, Pixie evolved into a Gozarutchi! It's one of the worst care characters. :p I'm one bad tama-mama, but at least I managed not to kill her. On a sidenote, her discipline is below 50%, so I have some chances to get Marutchi as a child in the 3rd generation. Let's see if I can get to the 4th one, without killing any tamas. I love the animations in the V2. Gozarutchi has those big teeth when it opens its mouth to eat... I bought a teddy bear for her and she seemed delighted too.

Celeste is the same blob with a bump on her head and she's not overly needy, but I'm trying the best to keep her hearts always full, as I am trying to bring her up as a good care character in order to keep her alive for many days, which means that I check on her every five minutes. :p I think I haven't missed any calls and her discipline meter is also almost full. I went to the theater with family and she was sleeping in my pocket the whole time. Let's see how she grows up. I think tomorrow is her day of hitting puberty. :D

IZSm8Xv.jpg
qifzJR6.jpg

Pixie and Celeste having breakfast in front of my notes. :p (feat. my illegible handwriting)

I slept very late (at about 4 I think) and I woke up to a beep from Celeste, disciplined her, paused them both and went back to sleep. When I woke up, I unpaused them, had breakfast, fed them and started studying. Celeste gets hungry all the time. She helps me not get too anxious about my exams. Looking at her bounching up and down and feeding her sushi is strangely calming.

I ignored Celeste for an hour to pack some things and go to my mother's house and I just found her sleeping next to a poop with two hungry hearts and one happy heart empty. Nooo. I'm obviously still bad at this. :p

Today was and is a nice day. First of all, my dance teacher finally texted me to say that the lessons begin tomorrow! I was very excited about that! Last time, I went to the dance school only to learn that not enough people had been gathered yet. But tomorrow is the day! :D

Second, my father went to Athens for a few days, so that means I'm home alone. I like being alone. I never get bored when I'm on my own and it also makes me feel very free. I guess I'm a bit of an introvert. I like being as independant as possible, too.

However, yesterday I slept at my mother's house, because my little sister asked me and I love her to bits. Some may remember the thread I made about how to make her like books... It turns out that it's easy... She likes reading, it's just that our dad is making it feel like homework to her and bugs her all the time about it, and that's a recipe to make anyone not want to read anything. Yesterday, while he was out of the house, she told me she wanted help to light some candles she found in a drawer. I lit them up, we put them on the floor, turned off the lights and sat down on pillows staring at the flams. I don't know much about meditation but I told her it would be cool to try, so I told her to close her eyes and pretend she's a mountain and her thoughts were clouds passing by. Then I told her to concentrate on her breath and, last, I started playing slowly on my flute and told her to concentrate on the melody. Afterwards I asked her "now how about reading some stories?". I took one of my favourite books, Momo, from the shelf, picked up one of the candles to see the letters and read to her out loud. She was looking very interested, and after a while she lied on the mattress next to us. Then my father came home, turned on the lights and started complaining that she should read herself, not listen to me reading. Meh... Why does he always do this... She loved the story... Anyway, at night I found her reading on her own, after a long time. And when she couldn't sleep, she asked me to read to her again, until she started snoring. Which is a funny sound, coming from a 10-year-old. :p

Anyway, as for the tamas! I don't know why but every time I run a V2 and a P2 at the same time, I find myself more attached to the P2, despite the V2 having more features and characters. Maybe it's that it's needier and that I get to keep each tama for a longer time... On the V2 it seems like I can leave it for hours, then check on it and feed it and it's fine. Although with this logic I've ended up getting bad care characters or making them die, so maybe it's needier than I think. :p My ideal would be a V2 but needier and with a limited lifespan. :D But I'm inclined to try to get an oldie character and keep her very long, maybe for a year or so. Maybe when another long-lived-oldies group hatch begins. ;) I'm also thinking of getting a Friends. I haven't decided if it's worth it, given my limited budget.

So, about two hours ago, I heard a peculiar beeping from Celeste and saw the screen flashing. "Human! Yes, you, non-virtual thing! I'm evolving!" I was hoping she would grow into the good care teen. And, guess what!

hPFe8SY.jpg

She grew a pair of legs. :p

That makes me a not-so-bad tama-mama. :)

PS: Do tamagotchis look like m&m's, or am I just hungry?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just you! Don't eat your Tamagotchis! :eek:
I'll try. :p

Today (or, more correctly, yesterday, cause it's already well past 1 at night) was a wonderful day. I woke up home alone, had a shower, cooked breakfast-lunch-something cause it was 12 and I was hungry, chatted with my friends and headed to my first ballet class! Yes yes yes ^_^ I was so excited to start! I've taken contemporary dance classes once a week for the past 3 years, but it was in a "youth center" which is run by volunteers and not very well organized, so I don't really feel I progressed. I had taken up ballet in high school but gave it up because I have problems with my back and my then physical therapist told me to quit. It's a long story but due to an accident my lower back is stuck in a crooked position, really stuck, my vertebrae are fused together as one by surgery, so it can't be fixed. It's not visible if I'm not very tired because I've found ways to balance my body, but in ballet I can't use my usual ways to "cheat", so it throws me off ballance and results in pain. Moreover because of that my right leg appears to be an inch shorter than my right, which also makes it hard to balance and keep anything on my body straight. I'd always thought I had scoliosis, so I spent my teenage years trying braces, physiotherapy etc that didn't do anything because I didn't know my spine was actually fused like this. I learnt it last year. So now I've had my right shoes modified by putting two extra soles and my right ballet shoe also has a heel, so my back is straight and I can do all the moves without falling or getting back pains. It's strange but I'm happier now, as the revelation that my spine can't be fixed allowed me to finally find ways to work with what I've got, not to wait until it gets better.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a tama log. And I've made it into a blog because so much is happening. :rolleyes: So let's see what happened to the pixel babies. As usual, because I really want to get a good care character this time, be a good tama-mama and keep her around for as long as possible, I paused Celeste at night. I wonder if pausing and setting the time in the morning (or noon :rolleyes: ) messes with her growing times because she's already 6 years old but she was born... wait... maybe 3 or 4 days ago. We'll see. Next tama I raise, I think I'll challenge myself to raise it without any pausing. She's still a nice onion with feet and sharp teeth. ^_^ I'm taking pretty good care of her, I think. Before the dance lesson, I fed her and played with her, so that she'd be fine laying there, in my bag. As for Pixie, I didn't worry. The little ninja is seemingly immortal. Celeste had only two empty hungry and one empty happy heart when I exited the dance school. I fed her and headed back. Ah, I cannot help it but say some things about the lesson... It was so difficult but I loved it. The music, the moves, everything. I even like that it's difficult because I feel that if it was easy it wouldn't be as worth it. I gain some satisfaction by trying difficult things and making slow progress, call me a masochist. :p

Also, I have to announce that Pixie was visited by the matchmaker and this time I had a ninja-wedding. My little ninja-humanoid was presented with a ninja duck, and had a baby boy. Doesn't the groom look like a Kuchipatchi with a man bun...

7kMO1IG.jpg

Yes, this is the most decent picture I managed to take.

IL0dTeb.jpg

Ninja and little s**t.

Edit: Oops I used a bad word, but fortunately there is auto-correct.

Celeste is still an onion. She's 8 now and I love her but I wonder if it's normal, that she haven't grown yet. She just got sick and I've heard this is a sign that she might evolve soon. She also called me without needing anything, so I finally had the chance to discipline her, but still her discipline meter isn't full. It's filled to about 3/4 now. I think she still has many days to live, given that she's only a teen. ^_^ At my first try with P2 I got a Kusatchi and she passed aged 7, although she was fed and played with.

On my V2, Pixie left a baby boy, which I named Bean because he looked like a black bean and I couldn't come up with anything better at 2:30 at night (I changed with the time so that he would keep me company while I was doing late night studying). I was hoping to get Marutchi, but he ended up growing into a starfish. I don't like this starfish character but it's only for a day... But anyway, I don't want to keep two tamas running at once, especially now that I'm busy, so I put the tab in this one and left it in the drawer for now.

I'm sleepy, oh so sleepy. Yes yes, I think I should have named this "the sleepy log" or something, based on the times I write here being sleepy. :p But, as I've told you, this is something I usually do in the end of the day, or when I'm too tired to do other things - at least this goes for the more elaborate posts. I woke up at 7 to catch the morning bus to Athens.

V41TBzz.jpg

This is Celeste still sleeping in the bus while I was reading a book on early pottery painting.

xgWmyTl.jpg

And these are two stickers I found and put them on the back of the shell, just for fun. They're from a set of childish ballerina stickers. :D

(Yeah, today it's mostly photos...)

Tyh40VJ.jpg

And this is Bean, from two days ago, Pixie's baby. He is clearly frustrated at me giving him a teddy bear to play because he's such a manly bean that only plays with action figures. :D (But I've put the tab in this one and only run the P2 for the moment.)

Aaaand the news of the day! Celeste, aged 9 today, evolved again! She grew two more feet and became a very very suspicious looking squid with a harlequin hat. As I read on Tamagotchi Wikia, "Zuccitchi dreams of becoming a champion of justice. As seen in both the 1997 anime shorts and Found in the manga! Tamagotch comics, Zuccitchi is very sly and sometimes secretive. He is also mischievous and can be untrustworthy." Yes! A rebellious tama!

EP7Mz1B.jpg

I thought I'd given the best care I could give her (minus one care mistake when she was a teen) but I really am useless. :p But it's a big improvement from killing them or getting the worst care characters. Now I guess if I'm lucky she can evolve into the special character with the bicycle. But I like her anyway.

pByYERZ.jpg

Celeste is the creepiest tamagotchi. Is she sleeping with eyes open, or just pretending to be sleeping? <_< Maybe she's watching her back... or planning something... She trully looks like a sly and secretive tama...

pByYERZ.jpg

Celeste is the creepiest tamagotchi. Is she sleeping with eyes open, or just pretending to be sleeping? <_< Maybe she's watching her back... or planning something... She trully looks like a sly and secretive tama...
She almost looks like she's glaring at you. :lol:

"Of course I'm asleep - can't you see the 'Z'?! Now go away so I can go and cause trouble all night!"

Cause trouble all night? No way! She'll go out and fight crime for justice XD

It's why Zaccitchis stay up until 11, I guess. They're trying to beat you out, but eventually give in. Like that one scene in Iron Giant.

Latest posts

Back