Do You Believe In Gay Marriage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft. Even though I don't believe in God don't you think if he really does exsist he'd be all for it. 'Everyone is equal' 'God loves everyone'

Yeah. Someone screwed up 'Gods' word there.

Pfft. Even though I don't believe in God don't you think if he really does exsist he'd be all for it. 'Everyone is equal' 'God loves everyone' Yeah. Someone screwed up 'Gods' word there.
You do however make a point, God does love everyone. Although he loves everyone the same believers or non-believers.YOU

He made woman to be with man, not man to man or woman to woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do however make a point, God does love everyone. Although he loves everyone the same believers or non-believers.YOUHe made woman to be with man, not man to man or woman to woman.SO SHUT UP YOU ATHEIST!!!
I believe the bible says "Love your neighbor" Maybe it says "love your neighbor unless he is gay" Woops :(

Plus making fun of atheists isn't right.

Well, here's my two cents. I believe that gay marriage should be legal, because, I mean, they're people too. It may be against your religion, but it's not like they can help it. I don't think it's something you choose to be. If you're gay, you're gay. And they're people too, they have a right to be happy. Religion-wise, I do believe in God or at least some kind of higher power, but I don't believe a lot of things in the Bible. Nobody knows for sure if there's a God or not, but I think that if there is, he would love us all equally and love gays too. I mean, they're not doing anything wrong. So, yeah, I believe in gay marriage.

I have a 'teen' Bible, and it has articles in the front.

I'll quote some things for ya.

(Note, this corresponds to my Catholic beliefs, though I am for gay marrige.)

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
It states that we should show compassion and acceptance towards homosexuals, though we can't approve gay sex.

... just because we feel a certain way , it doesn't mean we should act upon the inclination or that the situation is hopeless... ALL unmarried Christians are called to abstain from sex ... therefore aren't supposed to act on heterosexual feelings until marrige
If you are tempted toward homosexual acts:
-- First: Understand that God still loves you.

-- Second: No matter how you feel, you CAN be in control of your behavior. If you feel homosexual temptations pulling at you to engage in sexual activity, you can resist those desires just as heterosexual persons must resist sexual activity outside of marrige. Resisting is difficult but NOT impossible, if it's done with the help of the Holy Spirit.

-- Third: A solid prayer life, frequent reception of the sacraments, especially the Eucharist and Reconciliation, and a church-based homosexual support group can give you the power to live a holy life. If you fall, never forget that Jesus always welcomes you back.
Therefore, God accepts homosexuals, but rejects gay sex, just as he rejects sex before marrige, according to the Catholic (and I believe other Christian) faith.

But you see, you guys, it really doesn't matter what god says. Because not everyone believes in god. If religion had an impact on sex/love in the government, then no one would be allowed to have sex before marriage.

If you are against gay marriage because of religion, fine. Just don't marry someone of your same gender. But don't ruin everyone else's happiness.

But you see, you guys, it really doesn't matter what god says. Because not everyone believes in god. If religion had an impact on sex/love in the government, then no one would be allowed to have sex before marriage.
If you are against gay marriage because of religion, fine. Just don't marry someone of your same gender. But don't ruin everyone else's happiness.
It doesn't matter to SOME people what God says, but I personally find what God has to say extremely important.

My salvation is in his hands.

I'm not prepared to screw with my Creator.

Sure religion doesn't have influence on America's government, that's part of what the soldiers in Iraq are fighting for -- the freedom of religion, which is a luxery we have in our country that should not be taken for granted.

I personally would never be homosexual, but I repsect those who are, as God tells us to.

Okay... so basically what one of the phrases in the bible is basically saying is it's wrong and bad to be something you have no control over, and you should be punished for it? >____>

You do however make a point, God does love everyone. Although he loves everyone the same believers or non-believers.YOUHe made woman to be with man, not man to man or woman to woman.
So... how come some people are gay? Yeah, your reply makes total sense. >___>

Okay... so basically what one of the phrases in the bible is basically saying is it's wrong and bad to be something you have no control over, and you should be punished for it? >____>
The Bible states that it is not your fault and it is something you have no control over, and that homosexuals should be accepted and showed compassion and sensitivity.

The Bible rejects gay sex, however, and says that homosexuals must refrain from impure sexual acts, just as heterosexuals are called to refrain from sexual activity before marrige.

The Bible states that it is not your fault and it is something you have no control over, and that homosexuals should be accepted and showed compassion and sensitivity.
The Bible rejects gay sex, however, and says that homosexuals must refrain from impure sexual acts, just as heterosexuals are called to refrain from sexual activity before marrige.
So... if you are a homosexual that means you don't get the rights as someone who is different from you?

Then how does that makes everyone equal?

It doesn't matter to SOME people what God says, but I personally find what God has to say extremely important.My salvation is in his hands.

I'm not prepared to screw with my Creator.

Sure religion doesn't have influence on America's government, that's part of what the soldiers in Iraq are fighting for -- the freedom of religion, which is a luxery we have in our country that should not be taken for granted.

I personally would never be homosexual, but I repsect those who are, as God tells us to.
I know, that's what the second part is for. I'm saying that what he says shouldn't be forced upon other people, and that rule should be followed personally, instead of nationally.

I do . Some people say it's "against God" and blah blah blah .

I'm Catholic and I don't care what those IDIOTS say .

God would never hate a gay or not allow them to marry ,

Because as the bible says , God LOVES everyone , no matter what

And if he didn't love gays then there wouldn't be a reason to worship him

Because homophobia is stupid , and the people who shun people

Becuase of sexual orientation are shallow and pathetic

Love is love , marriage is marriage . You can't help it .

Ever hear of the priest by day , drag queen by night ? Mhm, he's real.

GOOOGLE IT . I think not allowing one person to marry another

Of the same sex is like ... not allowing anyone to marry outside their race.

that's my opinion , don't fight me on it like most people try

because i will not acknowledge your stupid attempt to "win" in some "opinion war"

I do . Some people say it's "against God" and blah blah blah .I'm Catholic and I don't care what those IDIOTS say .

Because as the bible says  , God LOVES everyone , no matter what

because i will not acknowledge your stupid attempt to "win" in some "opinion war"
Stand up for that, because what you just posted should be a quote.

God says this, god says that, well what do you say?

So... if you are a homosexual that means you don't get the rights as someone who is different from you?Then how does that makes everyone equal?
I guess in some ways that hinders their rights, but honestly, God created marrige between a man and a woman, and that should be honored.

According to the Bible.

HOWEVER, I don't know why you're picking this with me. Although I personally would never be able to have a homosexual relationship, I am FOR same sex marrige being legalized because I believe you should be able to openly love whoever you want to love, and I do not think God would condem me for that liberal thinking.

I do . Some people say it's "against God" and blah blah blah .I'm Catholic and I don't care what those IDIOTS say .

Because as the bible says , God LOVES everyone , no matter what

I'm Catholic as well. :D

God accepts and loves homosexuals just as he loves everyone else, but he created marrige for a man and a woman, and therefore he rejects gay sex and it is a sin.

I'm Catholic as well. :gozarutchi:
God accepts and loves homosexuals just as he loves everyone else, but he created marrige for a man and a woman, and therefore he rejects gay sex and it is a sin.
Katie, you're confusing me.

Are you for or against Gay Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back