Does anyone else hate the Twilight series?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they're all right, I mean, when I first read it ((Please take note that Twilight was the first good book I've read in a while, at the time)) I thought it was awesome, New Moon was okay, I thought, but I still finished it in 3 days. Eclipse I thought was better than New Moon, but it took me 4 days.

And Breaking Dawn I had for 3 weeks and could only manage to force myself to chapter 5.

And the plot is stupid. Every boy in the school loves her ((as said before, by You-Know-Who, because I don't.)) but she gets married to this idiot who buys her stuff. Because what? He's pretty? He smells pretty? But why not Jacob? He's warm. And then she's always "I'm so clumsy" "I'm so hideous" "Why should Edward marry ME?" It's like, wow. Who would want to date a girl who is always having a pity party? Who can't look at herself being beautiful without fainting? Oh that's right. Edward would. Because she smells good.

Okay. I'm done ranting. Any more and the fan girls will get Boba Fett to go after me ._.+

God, immature about it much?
Dx

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT?!

You can't truly dislike it until you've read it, Cathy(~WildHeart~) is a great example. She HATED it because everyone talked about it and now, shes OBSESSED. Don't say you hate it until you've read it, its awesome.
I read it. ALL FREAKING FOUR OF THEM.

Why? Because I needed material to shove down your throught when you refuse to say your wrong.

I hated it.

The plot is bogus. Four hundred pages of ill-conceived romance and then a quick 100 pages of worse-conceived conflict wherein a bad vampire takes a liking to Bella, too, and wants to eat her, so she proceeds to be cradled and protected by Eddikens and Family until she pulls a dumb a** stunt and almost dies but doesn't because that would be sad. The romance, to put it frankly, is a little disturbing in how it borders on the obsessive, especially on Bella's side. He spends days questioning her about every little thing she likes and dislikes (which is a TOTAL female fantasy that will never happen whether the boy is undead or alive). She asks him about being a vampire. And the rest is all surface-based. Because he's just so, so, so beautiful! I have a feeling that if they just had a shag, the infatuation would be O-V-E-R.
I didnt feel like typing.

Thanks Diva!

BOLD is my favorite :3

Link to quote: CLickIT

Last edited by a moderator:
And Ice, I'm ashamed you put the last option in your poll. You aren't a fruit for hating Twilight, you actually have a brain in your head and know good literature from horrible slop.
Well, since I haven't even finished the first book yet, I guess my opinion can't really count much but I love it so far.

And I understand that your opinion is that it's terrible, but you know, it's a bit insulting to say that she has a brain for not liking it, because it's like saying that those of us who do like it don't have a brain.

Ok, from what people have been saying about Bella, she sounds annoying. In a way, she reminds me of Kagome from Inuyasha a bit. Kagome is ok and all, but kagome like bella i will point out some similarities

*they both have a billion boys like them

*they both always do stupid s*** so the guy can save them

*they both almsot care about nothing but the guy

i could go on but I won't just something i noticed :3

She (Bella) always being described as brave but acts stupid. Especially at the end when she runs headfirst, stupidly, into a dangerous situation for equally stupid reasons. When a classmate pricks his finger, she faints, and big, strapping men have to carry her to the nurse's office.

When Edward merely kisses her, she's stupid enough to almost suffocate.

Bella = Stupid

Edward = F-Ing UNsexy.

Come on.

Edward and Bella can go fall into a deep hole. D:

She (Bella) always being described as brave but acts stupid. Especially at the end when she runs headfirst, stupidly, into a dangerous situation for equally stupid reasons. When a classmate pricks his finger, she faints, and big, strapping men have to carry her to the nurse's office.When Edward merely kisses her, she's stupid enough to almost suffocate.

Bella = Stupid

Edward = F-Ing UNsexy.

Come on.

Edward and Bella can go fall into a deep hole. D:
Wow, all of those were in the link Axie posted. I thought I was the only one who read that whole thing.

Surprise Surprise.

I still agree with you --- and the article --- all the way.

I used to love Twilight but all the overly obsessive fans have deprived my love towards the series. D:

Bella is flat out an idiot.

I hate her guts. A character like her should just die, I wish Tyler ran over her, James killed her, or Jacob didn't save her when she was stupid enough to jump off a cliff to hear Edward's voice in her tiny, tiny, mind. Her IQ must be low, honestly, how idiotic do you have to be to be a Bella for God's sake?

[/putsantiflamearmoreon]

Twilight has been the most enjoyable series for me so far. My only problems about the series deal with the fans more so then the actual books.
I remember typing this for my broken armed friend...

[ignore my off-topicness please]

Now blue, why'dya have to leave? I mean, I even typed your posts for you.

Dude, that's messed up. &what happened to your,

"Ah, naw, I'm not gonna read Twilight. D:< EVAR." Attitude. D:

But Blue, I still love you more then the sky above. In which you gave color to using your powers in which I am not worthy enough to understand. D<

STEREO:"I used to love Twilight but all the overly obsessive fans have deprived my love towards the series. D:"
well..i love Twilight.. ^^

but i hate those shirts that say TWILIGHT printed in blue letters on the front..

i mean..its ugly..and nerdish looking...and..i hate those shirts that say "TWILIGHT" and it has a pic of the actors..

it looks dumb..

AND TRUE!

obsessive fans are making Twilight annoying sometimes..

I'v never seen or heard of twilight I just wanna know what it is??

EDIT: I tought it was a tv show.

I seriosly think you should all get over it. Why would you HATE a book series? I bet half of you who hate it have never even read it. Why waste your energy on hating a book series? Why not just not think about it and concentrate on books you like?

Hating it is pointless. The book didn't do anything to you. Don't waste your energy hating it. Just ignore it and stop thinking about it. Clearly you like it if you have to go and say you hate Twilight every time you hear about it. Just get over it!!

I seriosly think you should all get over it. Why would you HATE a book series? I bet half of you who hate it have never even read it. Why waste your energy on hating a book series? Why not just not think about it and concentrate on books you like?
Hating it is pointless. The book didn't do anything to you. Don't waste your energy hating it. Just ignore it and stop thinking about it. Clearly you like it if you have to go and say you hate Twilight every time you hear about it. Just get over it!!
I think about half of the haters are actually people that are annoyed at the fanbase. I love twilight, but I hate the fanbase.

Latest posts

Back