Does anyone over the age of 16 still play with tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im 18 and i still play with them despite the condisending looks from my parents..

I'm 25. I started playing with virtual pets when the first wave of Tamagotchis was released in 1997. It was only a couple of months ago that I got bored and remembered my RakuRaku Dinokun and decided to start collecting. I am surprised people are responding "Of course, I'm 17 and I still love them!" because that is still quite young and you shouldn't stop doing something you enjoy out of fear of appearing... juvenile? I guess it makes me feel a bit "dated" though, but I'm a kid of the 90's, and I love reliving my childhood (even if that means randomly watching Power Rangers and annoying my 32 year old boyfriend).

I hope more people my age post! I'd love to know we stuck with Tamas for 15 years.

I'm 16 but I love Tamagotchi's! I sometimes need to take breaks from them because I'll have other stuff on my plate, but I always fall back to them!

I'm 25. I started playing with virtual pets when the first wave of Tamagotchis was released in 1997. It was only a couple of months ago that I got bored and remembered my RakuRaku Dinokun and decided to start collecting. I am surprised people are responding "Of course, I'm 17 and I still love them!" because that is still quite young and you shouldn't stop doing something you enjoy out of fear of appearing... juvenile? I guess it makes me feel a bit "dated" though, but I'm a kid of the 90's, and I love reliving my childhood (even if that means randomly watching Power Rangers and annoying my 32 year old boyfriend).

I hope more people my age post! I'd love to know we stuck with Tamas for 15 years.
I know what you mean! Dinkie Dino was my favorite. And my 35-year-old boyfriend just chuckles at me, and sometimes give an, "Aww, that's cute!" when I mention something about my Tamagotchi. ...I'm secretly hoping he'll want one (or I'll just give him one eventually as a present).

I know what you mean! Dinkie Dino was my favorite. And my 35-year-old boyfriend just chuckles at me, and sometimes give an, "Aww, that's cute!" when I mention something about my Tamagotchi. ...I'm secretly hoping he'll want one (or I'll just give him one eventually as a present).
Get him a Star Wars Giga Pet! That is the most man-ish v-pet I think :)

I'm your age! I've managed to maintain a solid love for all things tamagotchi (or rather almost all things... Some tama stuff can be entirely too 'girly') and further to pretty much all forms of virtual pets. Something about the little gadgets are just so timelessly fun, plus all of the nostalgia they tend to summon up is quite nice.

Hahaha... it's a bit comforting to see some older people here who enjoy Tamas.... I'm 26, and of course, they are pretty nostalgic for me since I had quite a few when I was younger. I talk to some of my coworkers about them, and a few of them are similar to me... they don't really think it's odd, and they even find them entertaining... while a few of my other coworkers think I'm too old for that, that it's for children. :T

I always think, if my Dad is still playing video games at 45, then I sure as heck can play with Tamas at 26! Hahaha~~

I never really post here, but I browse often, and I have to admit that I am 30 years old and still play with Tamas (my fiance, who is 5 years younger than me is amused by this, but thinks it's cute). I have played with them since my first in 1997. I actually just ordered a Tama-Go from Amazon and am awaiting its arrival. Right now I'm running a V5, but I have a V1, 2 minis, numerous V3's, a few V4's and I think two V4.5. The V3 is my favorite. Having had Tamas for so long, I imagine I'll keep playing with them always. My co-workers kind of laugh at me a bit when they see me checking on my tama while on lunch break, but by now they are used to seeing me with "toys." As long as you enjoy it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!

I'm 22 and a senior in college. I still play with my Tamagotchi (plural). Heck, I even bring them to lecture with me! Just have to remember to turn the sound off...

I always think, if my Dad is still playing video games at 45, then I sure as heck can play with Tamas at 26! Hahaha~~
I think that it's going to be interesting seeing our generation at 45 (and older). Video games and gadgets will be more so commonplace than our parents and grandparents generations since they grew up around less.

I'm nearly 17, but I haven't played with Tamagotchis since I was about 15. I've always tried to keep myself active in the community and up to date with news, however... But I just found that they got a bit boring after a while... Although, saying that, I have a sudden urge to put batteries in my Tama-Go...

Well, age doesn't matter since I am 26 and I have a family. Me and my hubby do our "dates" together more on online games, which I find more fun than going out and spending money. I buy more toys for me than for my son. LOLZ.

Oh, "toys" sounded bad LOL. Well what I mean by that is I currently own a 3DS, DS Lite, Wii, PS3, PS2, PSOne, 2 PSPs, PS Vita, 3 Tamagotchi ID Ls, and lots more older tamas, I own a huge anime/books/video games collection, I especially LOVEE Harry Potter (I have all the first ed books plus all their mags plus extra books, autographs, etc etc), Lord of the Rings collection as well, I am also a bit of a horder of cutesy/cool stuff LOL.

When people see my collection, the first thing they say is "OH SHOOT, you don't look the type to collect these things!" I usually hear that LOL.

So yeah, I love collecting stuff. :D

(I hate Twilight :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really post here, but I browse often, and I have to admit that I am 30 years old and still play with Tamas (my fiance, who is 5 years younger than me is amused by this, but thinks it's cute). I have played with them since my first in 1997. I actually just ordered a Tama-Go from Amazon and am awaiting its arrival. Right now I'm running a V5, but I have a V1, 2 minis, numerous V3's, a few V4's and I think two V4.5. The V3 is my favorite. Having had Tamas for so long, I imagine I'll keep playing with them always. My co-workers kind of laugh at me a bit when they see me checking on my tama while on lunch break, but by now they are used to seeing me with "toys." As long as you enjoy it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!
HAHA yes, I can definitely relate to that.

I still play with them and am over 16! I take my two V1s to work with me, hahaha, my coworkers get a crack out of seeing me with them but they've come to accept that I am just different from them. Which is good!! Who wants to be like everyone else?! Besides, Tamas are fun!

I will never stop playing with Tamas or Legos for that matter. :p

26 and just got back into them a few months ago :) I'm married have a 6 month old son, pay bills and have a full time demanding job and still love these little guys. A lot of people assume that when you have kids/get married/start a career that you are too old for toys...but I want to stay as young as I can and enjoy these things so I can enjoy them with my son when he is older. I'd rather be buried in a pile of GI Joes, cars and dinosaurs playing with my son than rambling on with a bunch of talking heads about politics :) i hope my son can enjoy my collection as much as I do when he gets a little older. My husband just shakes his head and says I'm cute when I get excited about tamagotchis or virtual pets lol. I find it interesting that a lot of people our age have recently been getting back into toys of our childhood. I bet there is something interesting psychology behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in my early 30s and I love anything related to robots, artificial intelligence and electronic pets. Truthfully that stuff's the only thing keeping me going right now. My Tamagotchis have gone MIA. I can't find them anywhere. If I could find them I'd definately still be playing with them. In the meantime I have my FurReal Friends animatronic pets who are always with me and I'm anxiously awaiting the new Furby. I'll never give this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back